Are you serious? Please explain in detail why you think it is the same thing because right now I can only think that you watched a different Season of Korra than I watched.
My point was that its easy to insult and dismiss a characters role in a story or their own story as not worthy of consideration or time if you don't like it, not that, that was the case for either if them.

My point was that its easy to insult and dismiss a characters role in a story or their own story as not worthy of consideration or time if you don't like it, not that, that was the case for either if them.
It is easy to make an accusation. This invalidates mine how?

It is easy to make an accusation. This invalidates mine how?
You said:
It is not the Korra came back. Its what Asami does until she does. What it amounts to and the change it wrings from her actions.
Which is a fairly unsubstantiated statement but suffice to say my point was that you argued Asami had no worth or importance in Season 2 because of her story and how it connected, or didn't connect to Korra's and its effect on her character.

I have already pointed out the areas in which she had a story, rather than didn't, how she was involved in the main plot, how she was challenged and had goals and desires and flaws and drama like the rest of the cast and highlighted how both Bolin and Mako's stories are as isolated from Korra's when she's gone as Asami's and here I am trying to highlight in response to your claim that one could make the same argument in regards to Lin or Tenzin as your issues seem to be your personal dislike for Asami given all your comments about her "Not feeling peasant emotions" and the like.

You said:

Which is a fairly unsubstantiated statement but suffice to say my point was that you argued Asami had no worth or importance in Season 2 because of her story and how it connected, or didn't connect to Korra's and its effect on her character.

I have already pointed out the areas in which she had a story, rather than didn't, how she was involved in the main plot, how she was challenged and had goals and desires and flaws and drama like the rest of the cast and highlighted how both Bolin and Mako's stories are as isolated from Korra's when she's gone as Asami's and here I am trying to highlight in response to your claim that one could make the same argument in regards to Lin or Tenzin as your issues seem to be your personal dislike for Asami given all your comments about her "Not feeling peasant emotions" and the like.
That user just seems like a hater, shouldn't bother talking to him. He won't listen. For the record I agree with you.

You said:

And what you expect this to change my mind? I was asked my opinion and I gave it you said that it was invalid or wrong. But I said to break off you insisted that was further wrong. And that doesn't change that all the facts are true. And yes I don't like Asami Sato you're not saying anything insightful, ant.
Obviously I'm a hater because even though I speak positively or with interest to certain story elements because I dislike the ones that you like I obviously have no real appreciation for anything I'm just here to rain on everyone's parade. By responding to a question that was what did you not like about the show particularly who did you not like

And Asami Sato takes it for me. If she was gone I would feel a lot happier with the space that she would open up for other characters just to see them do more of what they were already doing. And I am including the Airbender kids and Pema in here

Last edited:
Obviously I'm a hater because even though I speak positively or with interest to certain story elements because I just like the ones that you like I obviously have no real appreciation for anything I'm just here to rain on everyone's parade

If you don't try to make criticisms of the character on their own merits and just wish they didn't exist regardless of what other viewers get out of the character, then yeah, you're kind of just a hater.

And what you expect this to change my mind? I was asked my opinion and I gave it you said that it was invalid or wrong. But I said to break off you insisted that was further wrong. And that doesn't change that all the facts are true. And yes I don't like Asami Sato you're not saying anything insightful, ant.
Obviously I'm a hater because even though I speak positively or with interest to certain story elements because I just like the ones that you like I obviously have no real appreciation for anything I'm just here to rain on everyone's parade. By responding to a question that was what did you not like about the show particularly who did you not like

And Asami Sato takes it for me. If she was gone I would feel a lot happier with the space that she would open up for other characters just to see them do more of what they were already doing. And I am including the Airbender kids and Pema in here
So you'd get rid of the character just because you think she did not do much to season 2, as Zam showed, Asami did do much in season 2. Plus you never responded to much of Zam's points that was mentioned on the last page which show why your argument is wrong.

Last edited:
Obviously I'm a hater because even though I speak positively or with interest to certain story elements because I just like the ones that you like I obviously have no real appreciation for anything I'm just here to rain on everyone's parade. By responding to a question that was what did you not like about the show particularly who did you not like

My intent was not really to change your mind, as I never really thought that was possible, its to not let your narrative and claims go unchallenged. Keep in mind you're one of the ones who started this and tried to use analyse based arguments to justify your position in a discussion you needn't take part in if you didn't want to. If you don't want to discuss it or don't want people to disagree with you, fine, but no one is forcing you to respond.

I didn't call you a hater, also that has nothing to do with anything.

And you seem to have forgotten that for the context of the discussion all that matters is the ability existing not the timing.
So, again, the discussion point is not really useful because anything can happen, anyone can be removed or added or changed and the end result would be the same, do you see why I don't think there was much to your claim?

If you don't try to make criticisms of the character on their own merits and just wish they didn't exist regardless of what other viewers get out of the character, then yeah, you're kind of just a hater.
Aside from hot female love interest without consequence or cause what were they getting? To speculate she will be awesome if...something?

Last edited:
How good of an Avatar was Korra compared to Aang
I saw this post on Reddit that explained why this person thinks Korra was a better Avatar than Aang.

As we're introduced to her in the beginning of the series she already has no affinity for spirituality. Without the vital information her past lives possess at her disposal. This causes some issues that should be easily rectified to quickly escalate from micro level to macro level. During her fight with Unalaq, Korra's connection with her past lives is severed. Sealing off any hopes of her turning to them for advise or wisdom. She not only has to make piece with this but the fact that the avatar that comes after her when she's gone will only be able to look to her for wisdom. Aang however refers to his past lives persistently. Often when he is faced with a moral dilemma or needs historical context he calls on them for a reliable perspective. This resource can't be undervalued as it aids Aang in resolving various issues. Without this essential ability Korra spends the rest of her life at a unprecedented disadvantage. Forced to resolve any obstacles she faces on her own or with the help of those who are readily available. Nevertheless this doesn't impede the results she produces managing to over come this disadvantage and settle most of her discrepancies without involving her past lives. Their flexibility in handling these obstacles is what draws the fine line of what their capable of. I think this is where Aang falls short and Korra excels. Aang has to stop the every looming threat of totalitarianism. The Fire lord is wrong and has no redeemable qualities as far as motivation and perspective so Aang stopping him should be evident. Korra is never presented with such a blatant right and wrong scenario. None of her adversaries goals are inherently bad but rather the means by which they try to achieve them.

Amon strives to establish Equality but only widens the social rift between benders and non-benders, Unalaq wants to reinstate Balance but his misguided effort to create harmony nearly creates chaos Zaheer attempts to provide Liberty for the world but instead forms a power vacuum in the Earth Kingdom And while Kuvira desires Order for the Earth Kingdom order quickly becomes perverted to fascism.

When confronting these opponents Korra has to defeat them not only from a physical standpoint but also from a philosophical one. Dismantling there beliefs and finding a middle ground that can be the foundation for future progress. She acknowledges the disconnect between benders and non benders, Decides that Unalaq was right about merging the human and spirit world, Admits to the flaws in current government systems, and forgives Kuvira on the basis that she reflects some of Korra's past impulsive traits. It would be short sided of her to simply defeat her enemies and disregard their idealistic goals. Korra learns from her foes to gain a more well rounded perspective in the future.

Plus Korra's mentality has a bit more flexibility when it comes to viewing the world. The Air Nomads have a very specific way of viewing the world so Aang does as well.

I think some good points were made in that post.

Last edited:
I just saw this video online on why Korra is a better Avatar than Aang and why Korra is different than Aang personalty wise.

Also looking at this theory in regards to the show asking is The United Republic a Rogue State.

Last edited:
"Look I said he is wrong without explaining why I am so witty and smart! :DDDDD"

You guys know what I meant.
Oh, so we are doing this?

Ok, well then, you're wrong because that was not my thought process. What I was thinking when I wrote that was more along the lines of this:

"Oh joy, yet another person using political correctness outside of its original meaning of terms attempting to describe people in the most neutral and objective way possible to avoid accidentally looking bigoted or offensive"

"Even better yet, this person is using PC as if it's something bad because there is something they don't like and it's easier to say PC on the Internet than actually making an argument for why something is bad"

"This is one step removed for the now useless term SJW"

"Furthermore it's about two girls hooking up so it's doubly reflecting badly on them. They are not even explicitely hooking up on screen, it's implied and there is no kissing or touching, just longing looks. So they are complaining about something kids might not even catch and that could just as well not been there for how little it impacts the plot"

"So he is essentially whining huh"

Things like that. :D

I kept my original post to pointing out you were using PC wrong because I figured, hey, I would be way too harsh if I randomly decided to insult you or strawman what you may be thinking!

Buuuuut since you decided to make this dumb reply...well two can play that game.

You know what would have been really PC? Ironically, not having Korra and Asami hook up! Because, as seen when Good Luck Charlie did it, apparently homosexuality in kids' shows is taboo, even when implied, so better to pretend it doesn't exist to avoid parents becoming angry.
...Seriously?

How is putting the Protagonist in a kids show in a gay/lesbian relationship for the first time on open television, not a way to say to the Media surrounding it "Look how progressive our show is!"
But the Avatar franchise can have themes of war crimes, genocide, Imperial Japan expy, violent anarchists, and the rise of a fascist regime.

But homosexuality? Even barely implied in the very last seconds of the show? God forbid, that would be way too progressive, and we can't have that. Children can't handle mature themes, think of the children! :rolleyes:

Also, "first time on open television", lmao.

Ok, well then, you're wrong because that was not my thought process. What I was thinking when I wrote that was more along the lines of this:

"Oh joy, yet another person using political correctness outside of its original meaning of terms attempting to describe people in the most neutral and objective way possible to avoid accidentally looking bigoted or offensive"

"Even better yet, this person is using PC as if it's something bad because there is something they don't like and it's easier to say PC on the Internet than actually making an argument for why something is bad"

"Furthermore it's about two girls hooking up so it's doubly reflecting badly on them. They are not even explicitely hooking up on screen, it's implied and there is no kissing or touching, just longing looks. So they are complaining about something kids might not even catch and that could just as well not been there for how little it impacts the plot"

I kept my original post to pointing out you were using PC wrong because I figured, hey, I would be way too harsh if I randomly decided to insult you or strawman what you may be thinking!

Buuuuut since you decided to make this dumb reply...well two can play that game.

You know what would have been really PC? Ironically, not having Korra and Asami hook up! Because, as seen when Good Luck Charlie did it, apparently homosexuality in kids' shows is taboo, even when implied, so better to pretend it doesn't exist to avoid parents becoming angry.

But the Avatar franchise can have themes of war crimes, genocide, Imperial Japan expy, violent anarchists, and the rise of a fascist regime.

But homosexuality? Even barely implied in the very last seconds of the show? God forbid, that would be way too progressive, and we can't have that. Children can't handle mature themes, think of the children! :rolleyes:

You messed up your link.

Again trying to be witty in the most self-righteous and looking like an asshole in the process.

If you wanted to have a good discussion you would have replied in a way you would direct and informative, but looking at your post, you don't care about learning why I dislike the show you only want to show yourself above me in a moral way.

But I do give that I was wrong about it being the first animated show with a Lesbian couple, but the rest of your post...yeah among a bunch of insinuations and the incredible insulting tone, I will not comment on it.

I prefer to leave this Thread, after all, I just wanted to give my opinion of why I dislike the show, not to have a political conversation, and being called a bigot.

Have a good day.

You messed up your link.
That I did! Thank you very much.
Again trying to be witty in the most self-righteous and looking like an asshole in the process.

If you wanted to have a good discussion you would have replied in a way you would direct and informative, but looking at your post, you don't care about learning why I dislike the show you only want to show yourself above me in a moral way.

But I do give that I was wrong about it being the first animated show with a Lesbian couple, but the rest of your post...yeah among a bunch of insinuations and the incredible insulting tone, I will not comment on it.

I prefer to leave this Thread, after all, I just wanted to give my opinion of why I dislike the show, not to have a political conversation, and being called a bigot.

Have a good day.
Oh get over yourself. I would have explained to you why you misused PC in this context had you simply asked. Instead you deliberately decided to "divine" my intentions in a mocking manner, so I replied in kind.

That you can dish out but can't take it is not my problem.

As it is, because you focused on my style over the substance and believed you were insulted (the most I did is imply you were an idiot, not a bigot), you completely missed the legitimate points I did, so congrats I guess.

(At least I read your posts, so I understand what you really meant is "pandering" when you talked about the show shoving in a lesbian hookup at the last minute and this fact not making narrative sense to you. Turns out I can read someone's opinion even if I disagree, who knew)

Back