The reason people keep bringing it up is because, well, the idea that Ultimate Kars is unable to copy a genetic trait just sort of grinds against their image of the character.

Mine too, actually. I'll argue against 'Ultimate Kars can just adapt himself a Stand', or 'Kars can simply adapt to stopped time' any day of the week, which are actual arguments I have seen put forward by people.

However, adapting genetic traits and surpassing them is kind of his defining characteristic as the Ultimate Lifeform, and I am of the opinion that with proper study like the study that he used to acquire the genetic traits he already has, he could eventually learn how to adapt genetic traits specific to specific alien species, like how to survive in space or even how the Saiyans as a race pull off the whole Zenkai boost thing.

Those ARE genetic traits specific to that species, so I see no reason why we would never be able to replicate it no matter what.

Our only obstacle would be to figure how the shit we would need to adapt ourselves to replicate that. It wouldn't be easy, but I believe it is not impossible.

However, adapting genetic traits and surpassing them is kind of his defining characteristic as the Ultimate Lifeform
It's not

Jesus christ!

Upper right corner.

Right there.

His genes have the accumulated data of evolution of all of earth's species and can put that into practice consciously.

It's a built in feature. It's not something he randomly put together. His power is literally an accumulation of Earth's genetic history. He mixes and matches based on what was already there, not from adding shit at random and "adapting".

So feel free to argue it.

You'll be wrong. He's not Doomsday. He's a horse of a rather horrifyingly different color.

[X] "Very well. Here and now, or do you have a preferred location in mind?"
Just remember, Saiyans get strong the more you beat up on them. We spar too much with Nappa/Vegeta/Raditz then they'll stomp Goku/Earth's Defenders. Unless their plot armor is too thick...which this being thagguy's game...
What's wrong with killing everyone on earth? We're not playing a nice guy why would he care if a random planet got depopulated?

What's wrong with killing everyone on earth? We're not playing a nice guy why would he care if a random planet got depopulated?
Because we kinda need Piccolo alive to get the Dragon Balls to work, otherwise it's off to Namek and well, I don't think Frieza likes sharing.

Because we kinda need Piccolo alive to get the Dragon Balls to work, otherwise it's off to Namek and well, I don't think Frieza likes sharing.
It shouldn't be a big deal

We just get one of the Namekians to tell Kars the password to the Dragonballs, gleefully assist Frieza in wiping out the Namekians, run interpreter for Frieza when summoning Porunga, and then screw him over with all three wishes before hitting him with a Wubstep Quad City DJ's remix-based assbeating.

No but we do, we can always nudge him in that direction.

All I'm saying we shouldn't scrub Earth entirely, it has some uses.
While it isn't useless but before we get a good reason for Kars to care about it we shouldn't make any plans that revolve around it. The most pressing thing now is gitting gud enough to not get killed, the future can take of itself.

[] Throw a punch/kick/headbutt now. Surprise is your greatest ally, and first blood, no matter how sneaky, is worthy of respect from Saiyans.

We should strike as hard and fast as we can. If we can get even a little of his blood then we might be able to copy the Saiyan physiology! That pretty much means limitless potential!

[] Throw a punch/kick/headbutt now. Surprise is your greatest ally, and first blood, no matter how sneaky, is worthy of respect from Saiyans.

We should strike as hard and fast as we can. If we can get even a little of his blood then we might be able to copy the Saiyan physiology! That pretty much means limitless potential!

We can't copy anything's biology. This is like the 5th time it's been said.

Well, so much for my hopes and dreams. Whatever, it didn't matter that much anyway. Besides, his blood probably has some chi in it right? Not a lot, but even small upgrades are good.
For the last time Kars ABSOLUTELY CANNOT integrate anything alien based into his genetic make-up. The only exception is when the GM give us explicit permission, like the chance to integrate Joseph Joestar's severed arm earlier in the quest.

I suggest changing the thread title itself to make a goddamn point:

Kars' Ultimate Adventure. Jojo/Dragonball (Kars can't fucking copy anything's biology)

But there's probably some schmuck who's still going to ask.

thagguy: Bastard how many times must you guys ask about this?
SV: Do you remember every person who posted in this quest?

Pretty much sums how it's been so far.

I can see Kars and the Saiyans getting on pretty well, albeit I think their lack of regard for each other might disgust him, given his reaction to the fates of his close companions.

I can also see him appreciating the culture of the Namekians, given how they seem to purposefully have little impact on Namek's environment and tend their surroundings. It's certainly a damn sight better than humans at least.

[X] Of course. But not on board the ship.

Wow, just wow. I wake up and see this? People, why don't you read the damn threadmark?

Back