Nappa isn't proposing to-the-death. He likes the cut of your jib, and thus wants to engage in fisticuffs. This be the way of Saiyans.

Last edited:
In that case...

[X] Throw a punch/kick/headbutt now. Surprise is your greatest ally, and first blood, no matter how sneaky, is worthy of respect from Saiyans.

Oh, did somebody already ask?
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...re-jojo-dragonball.19859/page-16#post-3897578

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...re-jojo-dragonball.19859/page-38#post-3967006
Kars is the Ultimate Lifeform of Earth.

Earth. JoJo Earth, at that, not Dragonball Earth, which one might note seems to be a completely different planet. You will not become, partially or otherwise Saiyan, or Namekian, or such and suchforth, unless you make a wish on the Dragonballs for it.

Also, Toriyama retcons and forgets shit constantly. Dragonball canon is a fucking mess.

Saiyans aren't really honorable. They tend to use scumbag tactics themselves, from what I recall of their early appearances in Z.

Unless kidnapping Gohan, and then immediately attacking after 'surrendering' are considered honorable tactics now.

That was raditz, the metaphorical black sheep of the bunch.

now don't get me wrong the saiyans are a bunch bastards but in combat most seem to look down on fighting super dirty.

That was raditz, the metaphorical black sheep of the bunch.

now don't get me wrong the saiyans are a bunch bastards but in combat most seem to look down on fighting super dirty.

I would like to point out that we likely read up on Saiyan culture and the vote says this
first blood, no matter how sneaky, is worthy of respect from Saiyans.
So, unless Kars is totally wrong, they don't look down on it that much.

[x] Of course. But not on board the ship.

Kars likes his fights with a nice, thick atmosphere between him and the void until he has the chance to eat a member of Freeza's race and gain the ability to survive in space.

[X] Throw a punch/kick/headbuttnow. Surprise is your greatest ally, and first blood, no matter how sneaky, is worthy of respect from Saiyans.

This is only right way.

Apparently twice

Not even a threadmark near the beginning of the story seems to manage to get people's attention. It truly does beg the question of what needs to be done to put an end to people suggesting the idea.

Kars probably needs to explain at length that he cannot copy aliens genetic abilities through any means known to him in a story post before it finally gets through.

Give him a giant internal monolouge about how he wishes he could, but can't.

I think we basically have two objectives here:

1. To earn the respect of Nappa (well, he already has some respect for us).
  2. Lean more about combat techniques when Ki is in general usage (we probably read a fair amount about it, but we're Kars, we could probably still learn a lot even in a casual fight like this)

For the first, first blood is nice, but considering his respect for our training methods, showing our staying power in an actual fight seems likely to earn us more respect.

Also, I can think of a couple dirty tricks that might allow us to get first blood in a fair fight.

Now, as to the second, dirty tricks might provoke Nappa into going all out, but I think we could learn more from a slow escalation, the sort that might be prompted by probing attacks and a fair fight, and then we get to the major fighting.

Though, challenging him to take it outside means that he will realize that this is going to be a fairly intensive fight right from the get go.

edited to add some detail.

Last edited:

Just remember, Saiyans get strong the more you beat up on them. We spar too much with Nappa/Vegeta/Raditz then they'll stomp Goku/Earth's Defenders. Unless their plot armor is too thick...which this being thagguy's game...

Last edited:

Just remember, Saiyans get strong the more you beat up on them. We spar too much with Nappa/Vegeta/Raditz then they'll stomp Goku/Earth's Defenders. Unless their plot armor is too thick...which this being thagguy's game...
... They could very easily be killed off, and force us to try to fix things instead. I know how he works, I have read his red souls quest, and Moiderah's quests which both kill off characters quite easily if we aren't careful.

[X] Of course. But not on board the ship.

I like this option!

Also, the thought occurs that Kars has the potential to acquire Saiyan genetic material. Holy shit guys. We can make the Ultimate Being a Super Saiyan. Or, at least, give Kars the power to become stronger every time he survives a near-death experience. Even if we never use it, having that as an option is remarkably useful, especially when combined with Kars' natural durability.

This fight might carry us through the entirety of the quest, if we play our cards right. Draw first blood, sure, then taste it. Sample it. It might not be enough to work with for now, but given time...

EDIT: Wait, can we even do that? If not, disregard it. I'm tired and barely skimmed the posts above. Even if we can't add Saiyan genetic material to Kars' library of species, there are obvious boons to making friends with the most powerful fighters in the known universe.

Last edited:
Also, the thought occurs that Kars has the potential to acquire Saiyan genetic material. Holy shit guys. We can make the Ultimate Being a Super Saiyan. Or, at least, give Kars the power to become stronger every time he survives a near-death experience. Even if we never use it, having that as an option is remarkably useful, especially when combined with Kars' natural durability.

I know youre doing this on purpose

but plz

stahp

You know, I'm just going to quote this even though it's already in a threadmark.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...re-jojo-dragonball.19859/page-16#post-3897578

Also, regarding the bird wing thing, it's explicit that Ultimate Kars makes the wings and suchforth from DNA of all Earth species that have lived in his body.

Now, I have a degree in Biology, so I have the authority to say that this is wack, yo. The handwave here, without granting him something like being able to freely arrange his DNA because frankly he's bullshit enough without you being able to create literally anything on the fly, is that he can arrange his DNA and body to that of any Earth species. And by that, I mean JoJo Earth, which, as far as wildlife is concerned, is RL-Earth except for the species mentioned specifically in the story like Rods, the Pillar Men themselves, and the occasional super-intelligent dog or bird.

So, you can make a dinosaur, but you can't make a dragon or something that exists in fantasy or DBZ Earth except by cobbling together bits and pieces. Said dragon wouldn't be able to breath fire, but you could, say, throw some bombardier beetle bits in there and have a really nasty chemical breath.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/posts/3967006/

Kars is the Ultimate Lifeform of Earth.

Earth. JoJo Earth, at that, not Dragonball Earth, which one might note seems to be a completely different planet. You will not become, partially or otherwise Saiyan, or Namekian, or such and suchforth, unless you make a wish on the Dragonballs for it.

Also, Toriyama retcons and forgets shit constantly. Dragonball canon is a fucking mess.

There.

Now, it might not be a bad idea to go use the Dragon Balls for this purpose at some point, if we can get our hands on them, but that's kind of a long term extremely hypothetical plan.

And if we wanted to do research on Saiyans and their zenkai, it would probably be better to just, well, go to a damned lab if we ever find a way to get around that stand.

They probably have a few samples of Saiyan blood, or biology textbooks concerning other species. Also, actual lab equipment.

Back