Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

She's twelve feet tall, with an entire base's worth of artillery. Who's gonna tell her she's fired. Not to mention the huge....tracks of land.
Well in even more practice she wouldn't be hired in first place.
Handled that topic. See the line about discrimination. Also, I'm pretty sure that most employers generally need to have cause or risk lawsuits for termination without cause.

Especially if there's a workplace union.
Sir this is America.

Her rigging is it's own filing system. Somehow they come out perfectly clean even though they're coming out of the maw of her runway.

"How do you are you so good at doing that paperwork?" So out comes of her a small stack of logistical reports on the workings of her rigging and those who worked around her when she was running the base. All perfectly formatted, tabulated and collated.

"It comes with the territory."

Meanwhile the Supply Depots are entering into spreadsheet hell. Having to build a standardization for the entire empire and getting everyone ELSE to properly follow the new format and getting them to be ISO compliant. There is push to update sections of ISO 9241 for in order to get standardization of Abyssal interface devices. This prevents the need for incredibly time consuming custom creation of every single keyboard and mouse for the various hand and limb designs of various girls there.

Last edited:
She's twelve feet tall, with an entire base's worth of artillery. Who's gonna tell her she's fired. Not to mention the huge....tracks of land.
I'm just gonna point point out that if you have to ask question like that, you might as well ask why she's bothering to work at all, when by that same logic she could just do whatever the hell she wants whenever she wants. You might also ask why the humans aren't faitfully and fearfully serving the Abyssals while you are at it, going by that same logic.

Shit like this annoys me to no end when it's brought about shipgirls as well. If you have to ask a question like that then you also have to ask either A) Why are those ghosts even pretending not to be the same as the Abyssals, just with a different paintjob, or B) How does the the war effort get anything done at all when any individual shipgirl can do whatever they want with impunity.

It doesn't even work as a joke. It was stopped being funny around the thirtiet time, by now only the fridge horror remains.

I'm just gonna point point out that if you have to ask question like that, you might as well ask why she's bothering to work at all, when by that same logic she could just do whatever the hell she wants whenever she wants. You might also ask why the humans aren't faitfully and fearfully serving the Abyssals while you are at it, going by that same logic.

Shit like this annoys me to no end when it's brought about shipgirls as well. If you have to ask a question like that then you also have to ask either A) Why are those ghosts even pretending not to be the same as the Abyssals, just with a different paintjob, or B) How does the the war effort get anything done at all when any individual shipgirl can do whatever they want with impunity.

It doesn't even work as a joke. It was stopped being funny around the thirtiet time, by now only the fridge horror remains.
Eh, I've seen plenty of stuff where it's played for comedy that the scary person has no idea that they are scary, but other people very much do. That's what I was referring to, not the idea of her bullying them.

From today's update: Kazagumo Kai 2, and Valentine's CG.

Maikaze's shirt has an interesting design as revealed in her damaged art. The words are shaped into the outline of a destroyer.

Actually I cooked something up here. It's part of a more general worldbuilding thing I do to occupy my thoughts while showering but eh.

Basically shipgirls and abyssals are fundamentally the same, and a shipgirl that sinks will get caught by the corrupting spooky influence of abyssals (the thing that turns the seas red and shit) and get abyssalized themselves.

To defend themselves against the call of the deep sea (and the associated pain and loneliness that characterizes the abyssal state as grudge ghosts), they deliberately attach themselves to the human condition, hence why they eat and walk and talk and hug and whatnot. It's through the emotions formed by these human bonds that they exorcise the abyssal ghosts.

Levels in this context not only mean generally battle experience, but also how long they've been fighting along with humans, which strengthens their human spirit, and marriage is the capstone as a direct relationship with a human being. It's weaponized power of love, more or less.

Last edited:
Reading both a Halo/Kancolle crossover and the Halo main thread, I realized both that the Infinity class is the fusion of Halo human colony ship, a supercarrier and a repair ship, and Infinity-class ships were originally intended to be their own mobile independent Colony but that the Project Ouroboros which gave birth to was basically the UNSC version of the Joestar family's secret technique.

This my headcanon is that as shipgirls, UNSC Infinity and UNSC Eternity are the three way daughters of UNSC Phoenix, UNSC Punic and UNSC Cradle, and the two of them carry each ten "sub-vessels" such as frigates and destroyers (and in my headcanon of their original design auxiliairy ships) in a kangaroo pouch, but Infinity and Eternity are female Joestars.

Is there any fan consensus on the appearance of the USS Washington?

Cuz I kind of wonder if it'd be too much if you have her running around in a red trenchcoat spouting some bullshit about Love and Peace.

Cuz I kind of wonder if it'd be too much if you have her running around in a red trenchcoat spouting some bullshit about Love and Peace.

Azur Lane's got a pretty entertaining Washington who's basically one step removed from being a cross between TF2 character and John Cena.

It would be funny to see the French and German shipgirls being (nicely) at each other throat for most the time of an event with shipgirls of several nationalities and then they decide to collaborate in cooking for everyone. And at the surprise of everyone, they worked very well together.

However everyone was creeped out at first and reluctant to eat because the French and German shipgirls sing in cooking, and this time they sung "le pudding at l'arsenic" in French and German versions.

They probably make Laissez Passer A38/Passierschein A 38 jokes too at everyone else bemusement.

Last edited:

The Pacific team had a sketch of their USS Washington in Action Report (One of the Background books). Mind you, it's not final. Her full profile art likely won't be released for a very long time, due to how busy everyone is these days. But if you're interested:

Last edited:
So basically the answer to the question "Is there fan consensus on Washington's design" is "No".

Back