Jace911 "Reviews" Puella Magi Madoka Magica

And now you know why tetris is a serious issue in any Quest that involves Mami.

Oh god. I love ep10 for this reasons. All the "hate" you may still had for the Homu is then turned instantly in empathy, and is added to the already huge pool of hate you have already for the fucking marshmallow.

Glorious.

Your reaction to this episode is everything I ever wanted from life.

Now go back to episode 4 and re-watch that bit where Madoka tells Homura that she'll never forget her.
SF Debris has a great recap of all those types of moments put to "time after time" at the end of his review of episode ten, unfortunately it's now impossible to find that bit without watching the whole episode review.

It's funny going through all the past episodes and realizing that Homura's behavior is due to the fact that deep down underneath everything she's a socially awkward dork who's still on some level trying to get the attention of the girl she has a thing for. Well at least that's what I assume the hair flipping is for.

*radio crackles*

krrscht...Sub...t ha ac...ev...d c...niz...ce, te...m...at i...ed...tely...

"No! You don't get to be merciful! You know why we do what we do! Now follow your orders and do it!"

"But sir, the suffering!"

"m...imiz...or...reat...od...ow...ke...ho...or else I will!"

*radio ceases crackling*

Hey, Jace, remember this?

Now we know where Homura got her statistics from.
I think the general theory is that Homura's been doing this for a few decades. It can't be the just the loops we've seen, Homura is too well planned for that, and it can't be something like Hundreds or thousands of years like some people suggest otherwise Homura would much much less emotional then she is.

More seriously, I adore Homura's VA for that scream.
You talking about the one right before she shoots Madoka's soul gem? I haven't heard the dubbed version, but damn the Japanese VA sold that moment.

I think the general theory is that Homura's been doing this for a few decades. It can't be the just the loops we've seen, Homura is too well planned for that, and it can't be something like Hundreds or thousands of years like some people suggest otherwise Homura would much much less emotional then she is.
Didn't the creator say she'd done that over a hundred times?

Word of God has Homura's loops as 'Approaching 100.'

Not quite decades, but still years.

You talking about the one right before she shoots Madoka's soul gem? I haven't heard the dubbed version, but damn the Japanese VA sold that moment.

Didn't the creator say she'd done that over a hundred times?

The English dub seriously made me stop in the middle of the episode and just sit in silence for a few minutes.

Word of God has Homura's loops as 'Approaching 100.'

Not quite decades, but still years.
That feels like a bit of a low ball, then again that's still over 8 years of living the same horrible month over and over and over again. I mean I couldn't do that now, let alone when I was thirteen.

Reminds me of the time I explained the homura time looping thing to a non-anime watching friend, he immediately accused Homura of being a Pedo, we are no longer friends.

So Jace, are you going to go with a true watching of this show? Are you going to not watch the next 2 episodes until 2-3 months from now?

I generally approximate it as somewhere between one hundred and one thousand years. She's done it "countless" times, and she's clearly running out of options or she wouldn't, say, let Mami die (and it was definitely "let", she could've just waltzed in and stolen the kill.) That means she's tried all the sane options already - so, countless times.

(There are two protagonists to this show. One of them is Akemi Homura.)

I generally approximate it as somewhere between one hundred and one thousand years. She's done it "countless" times, and she's clearly running out of options or she wouldn't, say, let Mami die (and it was definitely "let", she could've just waltzed in and stolen the kill.) That means she's tried all the sane options already - so, countless times.

(There are two protagonists to this show. One of them is Akemi Homura.)

Eh, I don't think she cares about Mami anymore, and she makes to many mistakes to have done it that many times. Homura's circle of caring has shrunk down to one person, and beneath it all she is still that dork she was at the beginning. She isn't actually the cool collected badass; she pulls it off by foreknowledge and by not giving a damn about 99.99% of everything.

Eh, I don't think she cares about Mami anymore, and she makes to many mistakes to have done it that many times. Homura's circle of caring has shrunk down to one person, and beneath it all she is still that dork she was at the beginning. She isn't actually the cool collected badass; she pulls it off by foreknowledge and by not giving a damn about 99.99% of everything.
She cried and said "No" when the ribbons dissolved.

She cares.

Back