Is the Imperium of Man about to die?

www.belloflostsouls.net

Warhammer 40K: The End Of The Imperium Of Man - Bell of Lost Souls

Games Workshop is teasing the end of the Imperium with a new Prophesy - are they about to pull the plug on the Grimdark?

Its part of an event called "Faith and Fury" but some theorize that GW is moving ahead with the plot and that the Imperium has its days numbered.
It's going to die.

Hopefully when it does, or gets fractured or whatever, GW will diversify its toyline to non-imperial factions :V

The Imperium, from the point of a franchise, is far too important to die. The Imperium was split in half and it was still around.

The Imperium dying is by all accounts, the End Times from Fantasy, and GW is not willing to do it. It has been dying ever since Rogue Trader came out in 1987.

Nah, it'll be fine. Bloodied, but still fighting. Also AoS is garbage.

The Imperium, from the point of a franchise, is far too important to die. The Imperium was split in half and it was still around.

The Imperium dying is by all accounts, the End Times from Fantasy, and GW is not willing to do it. It has been dying ever since Rogue Trader came out in 1987.

Nah, it'll be fine. Bloodied, but still fighting. Also AoS is garbage.
GW would need to commit actual effort :V

It'd be interesting if they kept all the imperial armies but set them up as post-imperial lorewise. Again, effort required, so (press x for doubt).

Last edited:
Look, the Imperium losing a ton of planets has happened, will happen, and is currently happening. Imperium Nihilus under Dante, will likely take a beating. That or Imperium Sanctus. Either way, it's just another Tuesday. Will get some neat lore, xenos xenoing, humans humaning, Nids nomming, and probably another Primaris Lieutenant before the end of the year.

The only way I can see the Imperium falling apart if more Loyalist Primarchs arrive to ensure the fragments at least have a chance of survival considering the Imperium's biggest strength has always been it being too big too fail and infinite manpower to call upon, they need Primarchs to have a fighting chance without that.

My money is on either Rus or the Khan. Preferably the latter. I have no evidence to back my feelings, but the idea of the Khan and his new Biker Friends lancing through the galaxy out of Commorragh is very delightful.

My money is on either Rus or the Khan. Preferably the latter. I have no evidence to back my feelings, but the idea of the Khan and his new Biker Friends lancing through the galaxy out of Commorragh is very delightful.

The Khan would also work narratively well as a foil to Guilliman, being a wildcard who has no interest in empire-building thus have character conflict but not in the areas where it'd actually matter like it would be with Dorn in regards to how the Imperium should be run, and allow for both to be fully focused on what they'd do best.

AlphariusOmegon finally show their true loyalist colours, causing imperial civil war as Roboute decides that maybe that whole heresy thing is a good idea to bludgeon his least favourite brothers to death. :p

Last edited:
There's a Venom Snake/Big Boss joke that can be done with Alpharius right here but I'm not witty enough to make one. You know who could?

Me, Alpharius.

The corpse emperor and his imperium are dying, yes! But it cannot be done without your help! Advance the destruction of the imperial ideal! Speed up the collapse!

Chaos wants you!

There's a Venom Snake/Big Boss joke that can be done with Alpharius right here but I'm not witty enough to make one. You know who could?

Me, Alpharius.
I am now imagining a primarch attempting to dance sexily in the rain, which is totally character motivated, since they breath through their power armour.

Either Vulkan or Lord Adornable.

Dorn should be the last to arrive ala Gandalf the White, and reclaim his position as the Lord Commander of the Imperium with Guilliman himself now at the brink of a nervous breakdown and grateful to have someone else herd their brothers and leave him alone with just 10,000 years of backlog admin.

That would be awesome. That story was creepy as fuck. Age of Dusk was also nice.

And I can't help but wonder if GDubs are reading both those and Imperium Ascendant* and going "let's crib notes!"

*Read it. It is giving Age of Dusk a run for its money.

Dorn should be the last to arrive ala Gandalf the White, and reclaim his position as the Lord Commander of the Imperium with Guilliman himself now at the brink of a nervous breakdown and grateful to have someone else herd their brothers and leave him alone with just 10,000 years of backlog admin.

And he goes back to his Ynnari booty call.

Last edited:
I don't trust GW to do religion properly. The best portrayal of religion is in Flight of the Eisenstein but knowing Big E is a complete monster and the fact it's never really addressed in the HH makes me side-eye it. I could see them having more radicalised parts of the Imperium ala WH50k. I haven't been entirely happy with how the Echlesiarchy has been covered, at all.

Radical Inquisitors? Oh yeah, just steal from Text to Speech Device and have a bunch of em' storm the Golden Throne. It'll probably work.

With how disappointing the latest Eldar novel was, I'm just waiting for GW to find writers who actually gives a damn about xeno factions.

Back