If You Love'er So Much, Why Don't You Mari'er? (Battletech) (Mature)

...Wait a minute.

Didn't Blake make Toyama turn Comstar into the Cult it eventually became?
Blake wanted Comstar made into a cult so it would preserve knowledge and prevent a technological dark age with religious fervor.

Toyama believed Comstar couldn't prevent a technological dark age, but could rebuild in its own image after one.

Karpov got frustrated with the lack of a technological dark age to rebuild after, so he went out of his way to engineer one.

i love this story and cant wait for more. this actually got me interested in Battletech and ive been on a binge read of storys ever since and am even thinking about getting some minis. Thank you for this excellent story and hope you find good luck in the work yet to come

Thank you, this has been a wonderful read. I truly look forward to whatever else you write whether in this universe or another.

I've really enjoyed this series. Ever since you dropped that bombshell at the end of the prologue, I knew this would be a story I'd be following to the end, and the journey has been so worthwhile. Thank you for your dedication and hard work. It's been very appreciated.

Oh my goodness, its over... I.. I knew it was coming, but I wasn't ready.

It ends on a strong note, but now I really want to see how the inner sphere develops after all this knowledge was released. I imagine everything has changed, but you just give us a hint of that, and its quite clear that this story was never going to focus on something like that. Still, the ending just makes me want to read more. On the other hand, it just feels really satisfying to get to this point, and to see everything our protagonists were able to accomplish. I really enjoyed the whole story, and I'm going to miss having a new update to look forward to.

Thank you very much for the story plotvitalnpc. It was very entertaining, and I look forward to seeing what you take a stab at next.

Thank you very much for writing a BT story with such an interesting premise, and interesting execution. I particularly find the use of a HPG system back-door hack to "flip the table" an intriguing plot twist. Too bad it came at the very end 😆. But the gambit does strike me as a way to disrupt the typical knee-jerk impulse to employ "the military option" that would be expected of many an IS polity, or internal faction, and defang Comstar...

I'm sure there will still have been plenty of opportunistic raids attempted by "Warhawks" among all the polities, and not a few civil wars/examples of warlordism. But the restriction of FTL comms to Jumpships also neatly hampers military adventurism/empire building, since logistics and civil/military administration have also been enormously restricted, considering JS are still relatively limited and precious and constrained by jumping and charging limits...

Bravo, great stuff 👏 👍 🙌 👌 😀

Back