Hymn of Harmony (Worm/Ar Tonelico Crossover Alt Trigger Taylor) (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epilogue
Hymn of Harmony

or Melody of Escalation

Epilogue: A Vision of Things to Come

-20 Years Later-

-Crystal Tree: New Earth-

What a strange journey. From a filthy locker to the top of this lofty Tower. Nearly twenty-one years have passed since the start of this trek. It was hard to believe at times, but I knew it was true. The records I kept ensured that the truth would be known. The aftermath of Zion was a time of great confusion. Cauldron's reveal coupled with the death of the first parahuman did what no S Class threat had managed before. It destroyed the last of the old civilization. We were deep in the Age of Parahumans, but there was no buffer at all for the revelations. Feudal city states almost immediately started cropping up as the strongest staked their claim. Six months saw the old world burn.

In the early days of the calamity there was just so much confusion. The world's governments refused to believe anything had changed. They insisted on continuing on as normal. The atrocities piled up almost in defiance of the status quo. The people cried out for someone to do something. They didn't understand why it seemed that their officials had abandoned them. I knew why. They didn't trust each other. I'll admit that there was much that could have been done to ease the transition. I wanted to go out there and start putting out all the fires and make them listen to each other.

Wasn't I morally responsible for this? If I have the power, shouldn't I use it? It turns out that the answer is no. The older Reyvateils explained it to me. If I ran out there and put a stop to it they wouldn't be listening to me out of respect. It would be out of fear. The only way that I could make it stop is if I was willing to cause actual harm. The best response was to continue providing medical aid, food, and free energy. Eventually they would burn themselves out on war. After the first year the various city states had solidified their rules. The nations continued to exist as overarching entities, but greater power now fell to the strong. It became their duty to provide for those below them.

The system wasn't perfect, but society entered the next stage. I was busy constructing my central tower on this new Earth. The terraforming would take some time, but I had plenty of it. With the aid of friends and family the work passed swiftly. Volunteers from the other Earths, Ar Ciel, and Ra Ciela came to lend their assistance. Interface Field emitter towers were placed over the surface of New Earth.

The refugees agreed to follow my rule since I was considered to be their best option. Our new dimensional neighbors were fascinated with the idea of exploring a new system of worlds. Earth Bet still considered me an ally and allowed me to construct a sub Tower in Brockton Bay. The first to staff it were those men and women of the Dockworkers Union. We were deep in year four by the time this happened. Now it routinely accepted workers from around the globe. The issue of city states wouldn't be resolved until year six.

The First Council of Earth Bet was convened in 6 A.S. (After Scion). I was invited to sit in as mediator. The official reason was that I was uniquely suited to managing diplomatic affairs. The real reason was that no one in their right mind would challenge someone that could engage Scion in a fist fight. If not for the fact I was known as benevolent, there would have been more fear. The world wasn't paradise as leaders emerged and fell. I still have no idea if we accomplished anything concrete with that meeting except to establish the yearly council. My Tower in Brockton Bay found itself used as the neutral territory. Due to this meeting, the importance of my hometown increased.

In the eighth year construction slowed and finally halted on my central Tower. The requirements for building it were growing steadily higher. The knowledge of how to build three Towers did not prepare me for constructing one myself. Cocona actually drafted the finished design for it based on what she found in my Cosmosphere. I wanted it so badly. A symbol of everlasting growth. A tree that grew into the heavens seemingly without end. It should have taken years to pull it off. That was why construction finally stopped. It was too much. The base was built and the support structures were constructed. I had an idea of what to do. It was a Song and it was my Will. I split off a clone of myself that was still connected to me and quite literally became the Crystal Tree. It only served to increase the awe of the people, but it was something even more useful than sitting on my butt.

I am the Crystal Tree and will continue to exist until the very end. My story hasn't ended, but there are still other tales to tell.

-Administration-

Sometimes I give myself a headache just thinking about the path Humanity has taken. From Parahuman Feudalism to City States and finally where we are now. The first decade was full of chaos and turmoil. Even the periods of peace were intermittently crazy. The course of history changed forever when I constructed the first Crystal Tree Beta 6. It would take time, but that was not something we lacked. Beta type Reyvateils were possible now.

The Seeds that were given to me were altered along the same lines that I was. Volunteers were taken to undergo the process of empowerment. We didn't restrict it to women only. Men could undergo the procedure as well. This generation would be considered the First Generation. The alterations started in 15 A.S. Five years ago. Among the first volunteers were Dad and my step mom, Kat. Already it was bearing fruit as children born of a First Generation inherited from the parents. Only time would tell just how well it would work out. Eventually we would have beings capable of surviving without the Interface Layer. However that wasn't going to happen until sometime around the Tenth Generation.

It amazed me sometimes.

"Come on, Taylor. If you don't get out of your office willingly then I'm dragging you out." My beautiful, wonderful, and deliciously smart wife was at the door to my office. Married since we were eighteen and I couldn't wait to see her at my side a thousand years from now. My appearance hadn't changed much except for filling out due to maturing. Cocona had picked up a couple inches, but my lovely wife was still tiny. I didn't doubt her following through on her threat. Size means nothing.

"I'm coming, dear. Relax. I wouldn't miss this for the world." We were going to our weekly lunch meeting. Over the years everyone was just so busy. It was hard to schedule a time for us all to be together. That was how the idea of the weekly lunch date got started. Two hours where work didn't intrude. Interfere at your own peril.

"You better not. Sonata's bringing the family. Mom and Dad are bringing the kids too." Cocona knew how to entice me. How did I end up surrounded by kids? My baby had a baby. With Dennis. I thought the hidden camera guys were pulling my leg when he told me. My parents had children. It's downright bizarre to have a brother and sister under five. Despedia and Lisa danced around each other for almost ten years before settling down with each other. Babies everywhere. Good grief.

"I was just finishing the historical records. Compiling all of that data was such a pain." I moaned over the extra work.

"You had twenty years to put it all together. It was your own fault for waiting so long." My lover jabbed me in the side eliciting a yelp.

"I am not Assault and you are not Battery." I found her sides with my fingers. She squirmed and laughed before escaping my clutches.

"Stop holding us up!" Cocona scolded before taking a shortcut to the lower levels by jumping out a window. Her trusty V Board was up to the task. I just rolled my eyes and dived out after her. If I couldn't have fun then what good was immortality? We were meeting in one of the many parks scattered around the Tree. The picnic area was all set up and teeming with life.

"Taylor!" I braced for impact as a six foot five woman built like a brick house grabbed me for a hug. I think I said hello to Despedia, but it was mostly muffled by cleavage. Never arm wrestle her. Never. The white haired woman cooed happily. I patted her well muscled back comfortingly or was I tapping out? Lisa took it as surrendering. The dirty blonde haired woman pinched a nerve cluster on Des' arm and forced her to let me go.

"Hi Des...Hi Lisa..." I gasped. Air! Sweet, glorious, air! Lisa hugged me with far more restraint.

"It's good to see you." She linked arms with me. Despedia followed us with an amused smirk. Cocona had beaten me here, but that was normal. She was holding an absolutely gorgeous little redheaded girl. Sonata had grown into a lovely young woman. Her smile was warm and indulgent. Dennis was a well built young man that seemed content just holding his wife's hand. He was still a practical joker. Thank the Wills he hadn't gotten into Dad joke territory.

"Now who is this adorable little lady?" I cooed. The child beamed at me, or it was gas. She was only a month old at this point. Little Rose was such a sweet baby. Sonata joked that someday I would learn the true horror.

"You already know your granddaughter. Sheesh." Cocona snorted, but didn't stop cuddling the infant.

"She's practicing for senility." Dennis teased. I fixed him with a flat stare that did absolutely nothing to faze him. His dark haired wife on the other hand dug her nails into his hand. "Dang it woman! Stop doing that!" He hissed.

"Oh sorry I just tensed up all of a sudden." She beamed beatifically at him.

"Okay knock off the spousal abuse." Dad warned as he walked up carrying my little brother, Mark. Kat followed with my sister, Amber. They were born with a matching power. Rose was too young to demonstrate hers, but the twins thought theirs was funny. Touch and Go. They touched hands and one became a Brute while the other became a Mover. My parents were made of stern stuff if they could deal with that insanity.

"Awww...but they're just showing they love each other..." The former heroine teased. My father turned an interesting shade of red and will you look at the time? I have to be elsewhere now. Right. I almost tripped over Madison in my haste to escape. She was laying in a patch of sun like the cat she is. Lean muscled and stretched out like that, I was reminded of a cheetah at rest. She lived with Lisa and Despedia. I did not inquire any further. Let's just say they decided they wanted a pet and Madison thought it was funny.

"You have a dirty mind." Madison was gazing at me with an amused grin.

"You have no shame." I retorted. We stared at each other for a few moments before starting to laugh. She bounded to her feet and hugged me tightly. Her clothes were still modest it was just her mannerisms that drove people wild.

"Think anyone else is going to show up? I could eat a shark by now." She complained. I guided the catgirl over to the rest of the family.

"Patience. If no one else shows up in fifteen minutes we'll eat. You know how some people hate missing a meal." We shared a grin. All of us were big eaters and could cook quite well. We tended to attract the Reyvateils that couldn't cook. Personally I was expecting my ReyvaMomma to show up. Mir did not look amused at the nickname, but Croix laughed himself sick.

"Oh look! Babies!" Right on time. Though the first ones to show up were not Mir and Croix. Aoto, Saki, and Finnel were arriving.

"Try not to scare them." Mir snarked.

"She wouldn't do that! Though this ugly mug might." Aoto joked. Croix just smiled indulgently.

"Do you have curry bread?" Tyria asked. The third Administrator was already seated at the table. How she got here so fast I would never know.

"Hurry up, Dad!" A boisterous young voice called out. Oh boy. Here comes Lyner and Laike. That meant his brood was approaching. Five children. At least it was five children and four adults. Aurica, Misha, and Shurelia arrived followed by the rest of the family. Thanks to advances in medical tech their husbands still looked young.

I looked out over my friends and family with a fond smile. It took a lot of work to reach this point, but we made it. Who knew what trials would await us tomorrow, but at least we had today. Now excuse me, I have children to play with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back