How To Rule the Multiverse (Evil Overlord Quest)

[X] "beat you up and do a brain scan!" (continue the fight!)+40 bonus

[X] "beat you up and do a brain scan!" (continue the fight!) +40 bonus

If we kill him Ainz will hate us forever with the passion of a million burning suns and since hes the only guy on the planet whorth our time let's avoid doing that

@FixerUpper, how lossy are brain scans?

Based on our past experience, are we liable to lose much pertinent data by killing him and brain-scanning him?

In any event, I feel like minionising him, so let's steal him and piss off.

[X] "take you with me! Unconscious, of course." (continue the fight, then kidnap him)

Data is nice, but this guy seems to meet the baseline levels of power for me to consider turning him to our 'cause' as an agent of some sort. If we want to influence things between jumps, we are going to need people to work in our interests.

[X] "take you with me! Unconscious, of course." (continue the fight, then kidnap him)

Continuing on the road to Super-Diplomacy.

@FixerUpper, how lossy are brain scans?

Based on our past experience, are we liable to lose much pertinent data by killing him and brain-scanning him?

If you brain-scan him while alive there's a 1 out of 2 chance you can make a complete virtual backup of his brain. If you brain-scan him while dead that chance drops depending on other factors (how intact the brain is, how much redundancy is built into the organism, does he poof away into ash upon death, etc.). For the most part, if the head is intact and time shenanigans aren't afoot, your chances are still good. At the very least, you'll be able to make a translator!

All this assumes he doesn't have some sort of tech or magic that makes him resistant to brain-scanning, of course.

Then we want to make sure we have a good scan.

After a surprisingly close vote - I think it's 8 beat up, 6 kidnap, 5 kill, I think I'm ready to call this one.

Vote tally:
##### 3.21

[X] take you with me! Unconscious, of course. (continue the fight, then kidnap him)
No. of votes: 6
veekie, WanderingEye, Skewfiend, silentspirals, Unelemental, wingstrike96

[X] beat you up and do a brain scan! (continue the fight!)
No. of votes: 1
Loktarogar

[X] kill you and do a brain scan! (fight to the death)
No. of votes: 2
Tel Janin Aman, RandomLurker

[X] kill you and do a brain scan! (fight to the death) +60 bonus
No. of votes: 3
AZATHOTHoth, Ultra Meh, Robotninja

[X] beat you up and do a brain scan! (continue the fight!)+40 bonus
No. of votes: 7
Dark Ness, Zaratustra, notmi, NoisyMatchStar, lordZeddthedrunk, Gunman, Lord Samiel
FixerUpper threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: I want YOU... to punch frogman Total: 27
27 27
FixerUpper threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Does frogman defend? Total: 70
70 70

1.3 World One: Overlord
"...beat you up and do a brain scan!"

You dive in and attack, blowing away his first awkward attempt to guard, and then kick him in the gut!

After that you don't do so well. You try to make good on your words, but, let's be honest. You're fighting a frog in a nice suit and bat wings. This is... not a challenge worthy of your stature, and not remotely worthy of your big opening number as Master of the Multiverse. Plus, you don't want to kill him so you have to hold back which is, uggggh, such a chore.

He's not that good at mid-air CQC - Project Helios, now she was a challenge - but somehow your punches aren't landing and your attacks aren't getting through. Illusion? Is hypnotic voice getting through your psychic defenses?

No, and no, he's just good enough that you have to take him seriously.

Which means, duh, you need to turn into a dragon.

According to your Visor, you have roughly twenty seconds left before armored skeleton returns with backup.

--------------------

Do you turn into a dragon?

[] Yes. And I'll kill him! Roll +60.
[] No. Continue with the original plan. Roll +40.
[] No. This is boring. I'm off! Toodles! (Flee)

Attack: 27 + 40 vs 70 + 3 Minor Failure

Back