You are ignoring content by this member.
Your honor, I contest that last judgement and move to have it downgraded to 'naive'. Nobody actually thought the nukes would fly until they did.
"I never thought General Bombers McNukeington-Cities would nuke my cities!" - Dan Lowell, apparently.

Update 46: (God's) Love
CW: There's some religious homophobia and internalized homophobia in here. Nobody's trying to hurt anyone, but the main character is a Red Evangelical speaking to a pastor she trusts who happens to be homophobic on religious grounds. He's not a foaming-at-the-mouth hate-spewing reactionary, but he does regard being gay as a sin and has a regressive and unintentionally bigoted perspective on it, so it seemed worth noting.

Dakota had put Peridot to bed, and now she found herself in the guest bedroom. She looked at the cross which hung on the wall. "Oh, Lord, please help me find my way. 'Lead me not into temptation', and all that stuff," she said. On her nightstand was a NIV Bible. She held it like a pillow, and it sat against her breast like armor.

Only her night table lamp was on, and it gave the room a soft amber glow. "I just feel lost, Lord," she said to the cross. "You get what I'm doing? It's...It's all Christian." The lesbian, premarital, polyamorous sex is Christian, she thought to herself with derision. "Lord, Jesus, I love you, and all this time I've tried to follow your example.

"I gave companionship to a sinner, I did what I could to help Kendra recover after rock bottom, I even found a way to give Peridot God." By pretending to be Satan as a kink? a voice in her head asked. "I know it ain't, you know, standard, but...It ain't Satanism. She worships me, and I worship you. I...I guess that's idol worship, isn't it?" Dakota sank into her bed. The clock said 12:12 AM. "I know what it says in Romans about girls being with each other. I know what the First and Second Commandments say. I know that my bisexual fake Satanism ain't right."

Her eyes birthed little droplets. "All I think is that I don't know what to do. I ain't someone who thinks that religion should just be whatever you wanted to do anyway. When my best friend started hanging out with the wrong people, I prayed for him, and he came back. I did bake sales, food drives, and looked forward to every Sunday school. I even became a commie, because of all the pain I saw and the early church and everything. Now, I've found a way to give the woman I love a purpose, to give her a happy life that don't hurt anybody, and I'm sinning. I'm sinning too goddamned much. I'm probably going to Hell. Please, tell me what I need to do. Tell me how to be good to you and also to be good to Kendra and Peridot." She brushed blonde hair out of her face and reached for a tissue. "The Satan-worship, at least, is an act," she said, knowing that Peridot didn't think so.

She waited for God to give her something, some flash of inspiration. It didn't come. She went to sleep.

She entered her church. It was a little place, made of brick. She entered its halls, walked over night sky-patterned carpeting, and finally found herself sitting on a little couch outside of the room with the pews. She texted Pastor Holland. The bearded man sat down across from her on another small couch. The walls were painted sky blue. On the wall was a picture of Daisy Holland, the deeply cruel "comedian" who had slurred her way to getting shot in the head by the Foxwoods Sniper.

We didn't get along often, but I pray that she's with God. She remembered him say it.

Dylan Holland gave a little smile. "Everything OKt?" he asked.

"I need your advice," Dakota said. "I'm begging you to keep it quiet."

"'Course," the pastor said. "What's up?"

"Look, I love Jesus. I love Jesus a lot," Dakota said.

"That wasn't in doubt," he said.

"I say it because I...I think I might be going to Hell." She started dumping everything. "So, aside from the whole bisexual girl-on-girl thing, my girlfriend and I have been doing this thing where I have her permanently hypnotized to think I'm the Devil and to worship me. It's what she wants, and it's been fun, but it's also idol worship and Satanism. On top of that, I was doing things with Kendra Oswald, and she's trans, and I'm pretty sure that's somewhere in the Bible too."

"This is pretty serious stuff," Pastor Holland said. "Well, I think you know what you need to do."

"What do I gotta do?" Dakota asked, her heart sinking to her hip.

"Well, it's good that you're turning to God on this one. Everyone makes mistakes, and when we mess up we have to turn to the guy who can make things right. How close are you and your girlfriend?" he asked.

"Real close, I've known her for years. She's in the wrestling scene. She's a booker."

He sighed. "Well, homosexuality is a sin. What would happen if you and her tried to make it more of a friendship?"

"II've given her everything: love, kindness, a place, a status quo, stability, compassion, and I really love her. I couldn't ever see her as anything but the woman I want to live with, and I know breaking up with her would turn her against God more than anything else—even fake Satanism."

He looked down at the floor. "...I know it ain't PC these days to talk about what the Bible says on homosexuality, but it does seem like you do care about her, and we saw what happened with the Miami camps when they tried to cure people of being gay. It didn't work. If you want my opinion, I think we all have some sins that we just don't have the power to do anything about. It seems like this might be one for you. All you can really do is try to be kind and live as Godly of a life as you can, and hope that you've done more good than bad. We're all pretty imperfect, but I do believe that God's mercy is big enough to include all of us sinners. What I will say is that the devil worship stuff is an issue though, and I really do think you can do something about that."

"...It would crush her if we stopped that," Dakota said, holding her head in her hands.

"Dakota, you can't let the Devil into your heart. Temptation starts easy and fun, but it gets darker the further you go down that road. Jesus forgives a lot, but teaching someone else to pledge her heart to Satan is beyond the pale. It just ain't right. God loves you, and you should love you, and getting someone to worship you as Satan isn't loving you or God. You get what I mean?"

Dakota nodded. "I'll talk to her. Thanks."

She prayed on it as she walked back from church, before knocking on the door. Peridot greeted her in a day collar and a too-large Spartakiad Wrestling shirt. "Mistress of Darkness!" Peridot said with a wide smile.

"Can we talk about that?"

Dakota sat at the kitchen table. "The Devil thing. It ain't right."

"But you are the Devil," Peridot said, worshipfully and ignorantly.

"Failsafe now," Dakota said, breaking the hypnotic spell with a trigger word established beforehand. "I can't do this Devil stuff. It's...God doesn't like it."

"I don't think God cares about our kink," Peridot said, looking off to the side.

"Well, he does when it's Satanism and idolatry. We need to figure out an alternative, okay?" Dakota said.

"I mean, I'm into the Satanism thing, but I get if it's a problem. Why's it such an issue now?" Peridot asked.

"I've had feelings on it, and I talked to Pastor Holland. He said it was a problem, like I thought."

"Pastor Holland's a homophobe, though," Peridot said.

"He's a good man, and he knows his stuff. Even without that, I just don't think I can keep doing it. My faith comes before my kink. Look, what else are you into?"

Peridot drew an apple from the fridge and took a bite, speaking with her mouth open. "Well, angels aren't sexy."

Dakota giggled. "They ain't."

"Could we do, like, another god?"

"I think worshipping anything but the God is idolatry," Dakota said.

"Fine, what about just you?"

"Hypnotizing you to be owned by me?" Dakota asked.

"Yeah, being owned by a hot Southern girl is about as hot as being owned by the Devil."

"Is that a thing? Please tell me you're the only person from New Jersey who has a Southerner fetish," Dakota said.

"Look, it's the accent and the religiousity and the pent-up sexual—"

"...You started dating me because of the accent, didn't you?" Dakota asked.

Peridot flushed. "It's also a forbidden fruit, thing? Like in Jersey everyone just kind of assumes Southerners are, like, another culture or something, and—"

"...Oh my god, this is a fetish, ain't it? Please tell me that you're into me for reasons other than my accent."

"I mean, I love you, duh, and I'd love you if you were also from New Jersey, but I'd be lying if I said that my first cartoon crush wasn't Applejack from My Little Pony. I promise I love you for you, though." Peridot hugged Dakota, having ceased to eat her foot.

"Love you too, you little weirdo," Dakota teased. "Now, let's re-hypnotize you."

Last edited:
Update 47: Show No Fear
CW: Paternal abuse, antisemitism, racism, and sexism.

"They're women. What do you expect me to do with a bunch of women with guns?" Strecker asked. He stood at the pulpit of the church, looking at Bridget, Dakota, and Lena Teague. "One of them looks like a gorilla, one is a bimbo with a Glock, and the last one has a face like mashed potatoes," he said. The girls—eighteen, seventeen, and sixteen—sat in the front pew, while Dr. John Teague and his eldest daughter Mary stood in between.

John stroked his brown beard, adjusting his glasses. Mary was chubby and wore a sweater, playing something on an old Game Boy with a bright aftermarket screen. It wasn't authentic living, but John pulled strings for his little girl. John spoke. "Harry, you and I both know that women can't fight wars. They don't have the strength or the courage. However, where women make awful soldiers, they can make excellent assassins and terrorists. Women are underestimated, overlooked, and able to manipulate men. You've got all the boys you need to hammer down the war, but my Brides of Christ can do surgical damage." He spoke with pride.

"May I?" Mary asked.

"Sure, baby," John said.

"Well, Bridget shows excellent skills in close-quarters drills, Dakota has already managed to take out two financier targets, and Lena's the best sniper that Adalwolfa's ever seen."

"So, what, that rat-faced girl is on loan from a female police captain?" Strecker asked, scoffing.

"That rat-faced girl can make a center of mass shot from three quarters of a mile," John said. "Adalwolfa might be a liberal whacko, but that paranoid taught our little girl well. Besides, Bridget and Dakota have been reading Bibles and practicing at Camp Samson since they were ten."

Strecker stopped. "...Child soldiers? John, you've been making child soldiers? These girls should be learning to be mothers, not..." A frightful thought entered his mind. "...Why?"

"God gave me daughters when I needed warriors," John Teague said.

Dakota looked around nervously. Bridget smiled with pride. Lena just stared a hole in Strecker's head.

Mary, for her part, was catching a Bulbasaur.

Leo of Zodiac Team ran through the Jacob Javitz Convention Center, clad in a pantsuit and flats. It was empty, and she chased the reedy blonde across the floor. The blonde got behind a table and started shooting. They were wild bullets, missed her by obtuse angles. "Stay back!" the target yelled. Squeaky voice: a kid.

"Look, I don't want to hurt you!" Leo said. "Please!"

The rain of bullets stopped and the girl put her hands up. "My name's Dakota Teague." She dropped the gun. She could have been a high schooler. "I...I don't want to hurt you either."

Leo stepped forward. "What're you doing here, Dakota?" she asked.

"I don't know! Dad said he'd have Lena hit me if—"

"...Wait, Teague? Dad?" Leo asked. "The Teague Gang includes kids?"

Dakota nodded. "...Please. Get me anywhere but here." Dakota began to cry rivers.

"You don't want to be a Teague?" Leo asked, with a double meaning.

"No..."

Leo put an arm around the girl. "How'd you like to be Dakota Eckhart?" she asked.

Dakota wept into Leo's shoulder. "You're Eckhart?"

"Cady Eckhart, yeah."

"I'd like that," she said, through a river.

"You know, Bridge, the last thing you need in your life is to hang around with that rat-faced sniper and your fundie dad." TJ Stone, clad in aviator shades and a three-piece suit that Bridget would one-day borrow, lifted his beer to his lips. "Seriously, it's a waste." It was a nice bar.

Bridget raised an eyebrow. "I can't just leave the Brides of Christ," she said.

"Come on. Brides of Christ? Bridget, you look like a goddamn valkyrie and you should be a demoness. Be real. You're a trained soldier, and you really think that after this shitshow's over you're gonna find Jesus and be his pinup 1950s wife? Christ was a dead Jew on a stick."

Bridget looked down. "But Father—"

"Fuck your father. If he had his way you and I would be kike slaves." TJ looked down at the grown black man that Bridget had cold-cocked to the floor. Bridget's knuckles were bloody. "If you can do that to a nigger, Bridge, you should be doing it for your race, for you."

"What do you think of women, TJ?" Bridget asked, almost softly.

"Parasitic whores trying to milk money out of men's cocks with lies. But you? I like you. You're a goddamn shieldmaiden. Nothing modern or womanly about you. I get why women are for breeding, but Satan gave you to me for a reason. You kill. You don't lie, you don't trick, you're the only female on Earth worth a shit. Besides, I'm into valkyries."

"But Father will—"

"Atompilz runs the CR. You hang with us, Daddy can't do shit." He handed Bridget his Python revolver. "Nigger isn't dead. You wanna join? Just kill a chimp."

Bridget took the weapon, aimed it at the man's head, and opened fire. The bar stopped.

"Hey, Bridge, great work. Let's get you a new name." TJ clapped her on the back. He laughed like he was watching a British sitcom.

She smiled, and they hugged.

Bridget still remembered those two male faces in her Maine cabin. One looked at her like a person, the other looked at nothing in particular.

It was an ocean of regret and weakness.

The bullet slammed right through Strecker's eye socket, and Lena Wedekind saw him stop existing through her scope. It was a grey day over green leaves.

Wedekind. Woods-child.

It was ironic, she thought, that her assumed name would be German. Strecker did like his Prussian fantasies. She watched his Red bodyguards. One of them vomited. Parade soldiers.

The woods were dark, but the daughter of the ignoble wolf gave them justice.

Mary Teague wanted to punch Hawaii in the face. She and John left the Harper Sugar show. "Can you believe it?" she asked. She was leaner, more fit, and had entered her late thirties utterly gracefully. "Talk about a coward."

John adjusted his transition-lensed glasses. "Well, she was always the ugliest," he said. "Mind, body, and soul."

She laughed. "Look, if I were a man and, uh, unrelated, I still wouldn't hit her in a thousand years. Well, no, I would hit her, but not hit-hit her. Ugh. Dad, it's bullshit that we're stuck on this rock and she's not. I miss home."

"Do you have to be so vulgar?" John asked, before he and Mary were shot twice in the chest by the Foxwoods Sniper.

Last edited:
Update 48: Smol Tiddy Goth GF
CW: Kendra gives head in this one, so be forwarned.

"You know, it's really hot that you're a goth girl," Kendra said as she looked at Lottie. The repentant cop wore skull makeup and a tight bodysuit covered in fake bones. She lifted the prop laser sword onto her shoulder, its polyurethane blade to be made properly Lucasesque in post.

"I'm not a goth girl," Lottie said with a slightly confused smile.

Kendra, clad in skinny jeans, wrapped an arm around Lottie's waist. "How about I order you to be a goth girl?" Kendra teased.

"Sounds unprofessional," Lottie said with a chuckle.

"Hey, we're all friends here."

"Everyone in the three-hundred-person filmmaking network collective?" Lottie asked. "You know, not everything can be BDSM," she said.

"Aren't you a conservative? Since when do you like BDSM?"

"Conservatives can like BDSM," Lottie said, defensively. The two women got a few stares, though nothing out of the ordinary for the promiscuous life of Kendra Oswald.

"Okay, what conservative positions do you actually hold? It just seems like you're an former Red soldier who's into BDSM and lesbian stuff," Kendra asked.

"Well, I want a strong national defense, a balanced budget, free enterprise, support for families, and I'm opposed to euthanasia and atheism," Lottie said, as though most of those things weren't totally irrelevant.

"Hell yeah," Kendra said. "Keep your obsolete values flag flying."

"Kendra, you're a tax-and-spend liberal."

Kendra chortled as she gave Lottie a hug in her costume. "Tax-and-spend liberal? What are you, a political ad from 2009?"

"It's a phrase!" Lottie said.

"Yeah, more like it's a phase."

"My politics are like a teddy bear, I hold onto them when I'm scared of change," Lottie said, drier than Kendra's preferred martinis.

Kendra squeezed Lottie's hand. "I get that, yeah. I'd offer to kiss you, but I don't wanna ruin your makeup. How about this? After shooting, I doll you up like a high-class goth whore and we get busy?"

"...Yes, Mommy," Lottie said, sheepishly.

Kendra giggled. "You are such a bottom, I love you."

As they entered one of the few rooms in the public hotel that was actually open, Lottie found herself feeling a bit objectified. She wasn't opposed to it, but the five-inch black platform heels with matching nail polish, the tiny leather skirt and black lace panties, the crop top, the collar that had dangling from it a goat's-head pentacle, and the temporary hair dye and dark makeup made her feel exactly as Kendra had described.

Silver jewelry dangling from her wrists, Lottie tottered her way to the bed and sat down. "I'm not used to heels," she commented, as Kendra closed the door. Frankly, this felt more like a Kendra outfit.

"Well, they're sending your calves into the stratosphere. Oh, and you're gonna call me 'Mistress', remember?" Kendra said.

"What does that even mean, Mistress?" Lottie asked with a smirk.

Kendra, still wearing the skinny jeans and tight Lakers shirt, ran her perfect goddamned nails down Lottie's pale hips. She toyed with the elastic band of the skirt, before pulling it down and twirling it into a sort of impromptu hobbling device around Lottie's ankles. She pulled Lottie's soft, sweet-smelling cock out of her panties. "You've been doing a great job on-set. I think it's time you got your reward, huh?"

Kendra's lips felt like utopia as she suckled on Lottie's cockhead. The shorter girl's fingers lovingly stroked and teased Lottie's sack, and Kendra's head began to bob up and down. Lottie's cock worked more like a clit, and Kendra's tongue and fingers worked to pleasure every part of it from head to base and from top to sack.

Kendra took the whole, twitching shaft into her mouth, sucking and teasing as her fingers moved to grope and toy with Lottie's exposed ass cheeks. Kendra's doe-eyes hid her insidious power, as purple lipstick prints surrounded Lottie's scepter and dotted her dick.

Lottie let out a very un-noir squeak of joy as Kendra pleasured her. Kendra's glasses, cold, pressed against Lottie's crotch as well to provide an almost staccato sense of arousal. Kendra's tongue twirled around Lottie's over-sensitive cockhead as the director started to very unprofessionally toy with Lottie's tits under the crop top.

Her hands groped, rubbed, and teased the breast and the nipple, squishing and holding them as she expertly drew pre-cum out of Lottie's cock. "More!" Lottie yelled. "Faster!"

Kendra gave Lottie a wink, and the director's soft sucking grew to a vacuum pull. The other girl's clit stood upright in Kendra's tight, warm mouth, until Lottie finally shuddered. She sank into the bed, and Kendra tasted sweet seed.

Kendra reached for some tissues to clean the spittle off of Lottie's body, before plopping that heavy rear down on the bed next to her. She pulled Lottie up onto the bed fully, and begun to spoon her actress. "You did such a good job," Kendra said, in as maternal a voice as she could manage.

Lottie spoke like she'd just finished her morning run. "Thanks, Mommy," she said, realizing in the moment that she was probably older than Kendra. It seemed worth asking. "Hey, weird question. How old are you?" Lottie asked.

"What?"

"I was just wondering, since you said Mommy." The ceiling was beige.

"I'm 40," Kendra said.

"...Really?" Lottie asked. "I thought you were in your early thirties. I'm 36."

A slightly younger Kendra would have accused Lottie of thinking she was immature. This Kendra, however, did not. "I wear a lot of makeup."

"I've seen you without makeup, you still look pretty young. I mean it, you're the hottest woman I've ever met."

"Other than Nancy Reagan?" Kendra joked.

"Other than Nancy Reagan."

I like some zany, heady shit- and this is it. all of these musings on utopia, and marx, and mao, and , and ,and...
a world improbable, but plausible- of problems as of yet alien to the american consciousness. this shit fire

I like some zany, heady shit- and this is it. all of these musings on utopia, and marx, and mao, and , and ,and...
a world improbable, but plausible- of problems as of yet alien to the american consciousness. this shit fire
Thank you so much, honestly that is a lot of what I've been trying to approach with this stuff. This is incredibly appreciated, and I love the thought you've given it. It means the world.

Oh I love this.

Why?

Because I'm a dumbass transbian leftist who just figured out I'm not ace but dysphoric and repressed and it's extremely relevant to my interests.

Because it's a leftist AltHist that feels appropriately messy and doesn't give me vibes of writing people/factions from theory.

Because you're got some distinctly zany in a realistic, the world is fucking weird way characters going.

Because Bridget's redemption arc was really good.

Oh I love this.

Why?

Because I'm a dumbass transbian leftist who just figured out I'm not ace but dysphoric and repressed and it's extremely relevant to my interests.

Because it's a leftist AltHist that feels appropriately messy and doesn't give me vibes of writing people/factions from theory.

Because you're got some distinctly zany in a realistic, the world is fucking weird way characters going.

Because Bridget's redemption arc was really good.
Thank you!

Mind if I ask what's extremely relevant to your interests?

Also, by "not writing people/factions from theory", what do you mean?

Oh, and I'm so glad that the zaniness feels realistic and threads that needle, I was actually thinking about whether I was doing that a lot. Honestly, I really like a lot of my characters, and Kendra especially?

Also, thanks, yeah! Bridget is...Honestly, I don't know if Bridget can be redeemed, but I think the decision to stop killing people and try to be a better person is something that we haven't seen in many characters in this story. I do like writing Bridget, and I'm glad other people enjoy her as well.

Update 49: Straight Edge
Dane Oswald smiled like a schoolboy as he looked at the New Yorker in front of him. Ve was tall and lean, with poofy blonde hair and black lipstick. Tattoos ran down ver arms and were visible on ver chest under the black top.

Pyrite was perfect: Opinionated, intelligent, clad in makeup, into an aesthetic, full of desire, and confident. Of course, there was someone else in his life that fit those characteristics, but she was and had always been off the table for obvious reasons. In fact, as he took an experimental bite of his pizza, he tried to force any thoughts on that subject away. He took a quick—and hopefully not creepy—look at Pyrite's bust, before looking back at ver. "So, uh, anarchism," he said.

Ve nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty much the abolition of all hierarchies: capitalism, bigotry, and state power." Pyrite took a bite of ver spaghetti. Ver voice was a smoky contralto.

"I heard you put your money where your mouth is," he said. "You did a lot of anti-cop stuff in New York, right?"

"Yeah," ve said. "I even got fucked up by that serial killer, back when he was a cop."

Dane was pretty sure that Pyrite was wearing a push-up bra, which he couldn't really object to. "Damn," Dane said, surprised that Pyrite was being that open about it. It almost seemed like ve was bragging about it. He supposed that if he'd been tortured by an infamous serial killer he'd probably brag about surviving it too. "So, what brings you to Malibu?" he asked.

"Helping out with reconstruction in LA, mostly," ve said. "I felt like I did enough morale stuff during the war. I'm still writing songs in my spare time, but I wanted to help people with my hands, you know? Felt like I'd never seen Cali before. Wanted somewhere with a nice climate for helping people."

"That seems pretty noble," he said, in between bites of cheese pizza. "I honestly need to find something to do. I'd offer to help out with reconstruction, but I'm getting up there," he said.

"Well, if you ever need help figuring out how to pass the time, I'm up for it," ve said. "Hey, how's Kendra doing?" ve asked.

"Oh, she's good. She met this other girl while working on Captain America, I think they're dating now," he said."

"Oh, what's her name?" Pyrite asked.

Dane gave it some thought. "Lottie, I think. Lottie Cross."

"As in Benji Cross?" Pyrite asked.

"I mean, it's probably a common name," Dane said. "Mind if we keep things lighter?" he asked. He then extended his index finger and walked to go and get one of the communal bottles. After a tiring night cooking pizza and pasta, it was almost mandatory.

He poured each of them a glass. "Thanks, but I'm straight edge," Pyrite said. What did Pyrite say ve was? A nonbinary girl? Dane decided he'd have to ask Kendra how being a nonbinary girl worked.

Ve pursed ver thin lips and put an arm on the back of the chair.

"So, uh, what got you into anarchism? Or punk?" he asked.

"Punk was easy, my mom was a punk and I read zines. Anarchism was more complicated, I got into that at nineteen in college. I did a lot of work for the Black Star Anarchist Federation, until I got big with music and I realized they weren't going anywhere. They were kind of a treehouse club or a cult, honestly. They did good work, but they weren't willing to stick by the people they claimed to be fighting for. I founded Revolt Now! and that was basically it."

"Now you're on a date with Uncle Pennybags?" he joked.

"Look, I don't believe in revenge. The Second American Revolution is over, you at least gave your stuff up rather than trying to kill people over it."

He took a sip of his wine. "You know the funny thing about being rich?" he asked.

"What?"

"It becomes normal. No matter how much money or power you have, you always feel like you could have more money or more power, right, since you're used to what you have?"

"Yeah," Pyrite said. "I spent most of my money on Revolt Now! and mutual aid stuff, but I get what you mean."

Dane took a long sip of his wine. "Hey, should I not be drinking in front of you?" he asked.

"Do what you want with your life, I just don't drink or get fucked up," ve said.

"Why?" Dane asked, trying not to sound dumbfounded. He did, anyway.

"I don't like to lose control," ve said. "If you could not lose control over your own body, why wouldn't you?"

"Good point," Dane said, looking away for a moment. "My edge is pretty curved. That OK?" he asked.

Pyrite gave it some thought. "You respect my shit, I'll respect your shit," ve said.

"Works for me," Dane said, pouring himself another glass of wine. Some people were just incomprehensible.

"So, what do you do for fun?" Pyrite asked. "Besides that stuff."

"I watch a lot of old TV and what little new TV comes out these days, I have a film podcast I record with Kendra and some other people, and I guess I read. Honestly, I'm pretty bored," he said.

"We could fix that?" ve offered. "Ever thought about learning to play an instrument?"

He hoped ve meant fixing it another way, as well. "I dunno if I could, honestly. I always thought you had to start as a kid, right?" he asked.

"Not really, if you have the time you can learn it. Might be nice to make something just by yourself, right?" ve offered. "That, or you could go back into directing."

"I dunno, I feel like I'm out of that. It's a younger person's game."

Pyrite sent him a devious smile. "Come on, Dane. At least look at some scripts." Ve stood up. "How about this, you do it after we do some stuff alone."

He had aged with relative grace.

Update 50: Blood Siblings
CW: Tom Picano does two transphobias.

"Hey, Tom" Calliope said, speaking into her Yandex phone. He could practically hear those red lips smacking. He lay on his couch, still wearing his ankle monitor. The couch was comfy and soft, like a pillow ready to smother. Still, her tone was familial. "How's my wayward brother?" she asked. The Reds didn't really have a face or an autocrat, and Strecker was dead along with Stone and Ashley.

"He's doing his Obama crap," Tom said. He looked down at his pajamas and felt a bit awkward. His fingers brushed against his chin. God, he needed a shave. "I think he went on some speaking tour," he said. "How's Russia?" he asked.

"In the throes of war," she said.

"Just how you like it, huh?" Picano said. "You know, I knew you were full of crap from the start with the Pride, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion stuff."

"Oh? Is that why you had all that propaganda calling me a woke groomer?" Calliope laughed. It was easy to laugh when you were the girl-toy of an oligarch with a say in how the army was run.

"You say what you need to say," Picano said.

"Look, Tom, do you think I'm a woman?" Calliope asked.

"I guess it depends on how you define that word," he said. "I think most people in America would call you a woman, even if it's just because the people who wouldn't did a lot of crap and then lost."

"No, what do you think?" Calliope asked, her tone getting a bit sharper.

"I think you're the closest thing I have to a sister, and I also think that biologically you're a man with tits and an Impossible Meat vag."

"...Yeah, that's probably the best I'm gonna get," Calliope said. "How're you doing?"

"I'm good. My, uh, parole officer cut down her hours a year ago. We barely see each other, and I miss her, you know? She was good. Believed in God and everything. Good Christian."

"Do you believe in God?" Calliope asked. The question stabbed him.

"...Do you?" he deflected.

"I don't think God would let the Utah Red Terror, Atlanta Burning, Rhiannon Ranch, or the conversion camps happen," Calliope said.

"Since when do you care about any of that? Aren't you the biggest mass murderer since Genghis Khan?"

"No, you don't get it. The fact that there is no God is a good thing. It means we can do whatever we want. All that matters is what we get in this life, Tom. That's it. Nothing else matters, so try new things."

"So you're the person my youth pastor warned me about," Picano joked.

"Oh, definitely," Calliope said.

"Well, uh, I hate to be the atheism-defender, here, but Lowell's agnostic and sh—he didn't become like you. Hell, I bet you'd be just as selfish if you knew there was a God. You can't help yourself. You just take and take and take, and nobody ever stops you because whenever you're in danger of losing your winnings you just run away."

"Love you too," Calliope said.

Tom broke out into chuckles.

"We are such pieces of shit," Calliope said through giggles.

"Oh, the worst," Tom said, though he didn't think either of them believed it about themselves. He wasn't even sure if they believed it about each other.

"You ever thought of moving to Russia?" Calliope offered.

"I don't want to get shot," Tom said. "You know what I want? I want to stay here in house arrest watching the goddamn Real World. That's what I want. I'm in the history books, I don't have anything to worry about after, and I'm happy to be a graceful loser."

"Oh, you're such a cuck," Calliope said.

"Sure, but at least I didn't cut my dick off," Tom responded.

Calliope laughed in a manner that resembled toxic sludge. "Hey, uh, fair enough, but aren't you worried about the Foxwoods Sniper?"

"If the Foxwoods Sniper wanted me dead, I'd already be dead."

"What about that Nazi bitch, didn't the Foxwoods Sniper miss her?" Calliope asked.

Tom thought about it for a moment. "...Yeah, no, the Nazi was her sister. My parole officer was in this cult Christer family where she and her two sisters were raised as child soldiers. The Foxwoods Sniper probably flinched and just barely missed the shot. You know how family are."

"...That is such bullshit." Calliope gave a cackle. "Are you serious? Your parole officer, the Nazi, and the Foxwoods Sniper were all sisters in some kind of Christer cult? That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. You've gotta be joshing me."

"No, I'm serious," Tom said.

"Okay then, your parole officer was full of shit. Why would a Christer become a Nazi? Isn't that just like going from one set of stupid ideas to another?" Calliope asked.

"I don't know, ask my parole officer," Tom said. "Anyway, uh, you ever think about what having the power of life or death over lots of people means? Maybe that's another reason why the Foxwoods Sniper missed. You can go crazy thinking about the power you have over other people," he said. He wondered if he could watch something besides The Real World. "Hey, you ever seen Survivor?" he offered. There was something nice about old capitalist TV. It was more fun when the cash prizes meant something.

"Is that the show where the guy in the blue shirt makes people eat bugs?" Calliope asked.

"He does other things too, like make them solve giant block puzzles," Tom said.

Next update is about everyone's favorite podcast: Studying the Shitheads.

What is Superman doing in this TL?
Whatever anyone wants to use him for, as the Worldwide Republic goes. Honestly, my first thought is a superhero mega-crossover tabletop RPG on some new system.

In Hawaii, there's probably a medium-budget Warner Brothers production that thankfully is not setting up a shared universe.

I wonder what happened to Batman? His whole schtick doesn't work in a post-revolution America. He's probably fighting 'radical terrorists' in Hawaii, but what do people in the WR do with him now?

I wonder what happened to Batman? His whole schtick doesn't work in a post-revolution America. He's probably fighting 'radical terrorists' in Hawaii, but what do people in the WR do with him now?
I think, personally, that Bruce Wayne would have to reinvent Batman in-universe given the Revolution, though you'd probably see him used in period pieces. He'd also fall out of favor to some degree, and I think that "what to do with him now" would be a big question in the fandom/writers' groups. That said, a hero who never kills does have resonance given the focus on rehabilitative justice.

Batman Beyond should make a comeback. New Batman for a new world…but wait, shit Batman Beyond was Cyberpunk and cyberpunk is dead…

Batman Beyond should make a comeback. New Batman for a new world…but wait, shit Batman Beyond was Cyberpunk and cyberpunk is dead…
That might add to it: Imagine how relatable Batman Beyond would be for a society that was traumatized by capitalism in living memory.

Back