Update 51: BlueAnon
You are ignoring content by this member.
Studying the Shitheads
Caitlyn "Texas Red" Weiss
Goof Times Podcasting Collective
Part 1: Harper Sugar Drove Everyone's Mom Insane

Texas Red said:
A question I get asked a lot is why the Christofash or Atompilz were...weirdly non-conspiratorial. Before ACW II, people on the Right were into some really crazy stuff, right? Qanon, COVID denialism, Transvestigations, that kinda thing. Like, weren't Atompilz and the Christofash pretty vanilla? Sure, the Christofash wanted to abolish modern technology, supposedly. Still, you'd think they'd be Q-pilled, right? As for Atompilz, Nazis love conspiracies, so why was Atompilz only into the Jewish Question? Plus, after the Revolution, the libertarians and remnants of the Right have been putting out conspiracy after conspiracy from Big Island. Where was the wacky shit during the war?

Well, to understand why, you have to understand why the two major right-wing extremist factions didn't end up going totally batshit. Basically, the Christofash, they were led by a pretty educated elite. Strecker and Werkner both came out of Yale, and they were both true believers. Their conspiracies were more stuff about academia, the Cathedral, secularism, the Antichrist, that kind of thing. They didn't have room for the really wacky stuff because they were Very Serious People with Very Serious Ideas, and they both associated Qanon-style stuff with crazy people. Of course, they had a lot of Q-pilled people in their lower ranks, and they also butchered people with swords that one time, but Strecker and Werkner thought they were above it and tried to promote clear-headed traditional Christian Dominionist neoreactionary bullshit.

Then, there's Atompilz, and the truth is that Atompilz actually was deep into the conspiracy sphere. In fact, Atompilz contributed a lot to the post-war conspiracy milieu. It's just that the stuff they talked about: Zionism, the Bohemian Grove, the Frankfurt School, "Open Borders for Israel", the esoteric Hitlerism and overt Satanism they were so infamous for, and so on wasn't really that interesting to the media. It was mostly the Satanism that got people's attention, and there's a case to be made that the Satanism was kind of a flex on Strecker, a fundie Christian, since it was Atompilz that was really pulling the strings.

Basically, Atompilz was too caught in its own bullshit to get into the weird stuff you've heard of, and the Christofash thought they were too good for it. Still, if you've been in the radioactive ruins of what used to be the majority of Denver territory west of the Mississipi, you'll know that the people there are dealing with a lot of mediocre anti-conspiracist education and media fact-checking. It was in Ashley's territory that real bastards like Harper Sugar made their names, not in Christer or Atompilz territory. Still, those weren't the main reasons that people like Harper didn't ruin Christer or Nazi lives.

In Atompilz or Christofash territory, the conspiracy theories were state-supported: They were orthodoxy. Meanwhile, in the Denver Government, everyone was just saying whatever the fuck stupid things they wanted. Was Obama secretly a horse? Probably not, but you could find people in Denver who made their living trying to claim he was the reincarnation of Caligula's. Ashley spent a lot of time trying to suppress the conspiracy theorists, often with lethal force when they'd riot, but the thing is that that just made the conspiracies look more legit, you know?

Ashley's really botched repression only made the conspiracy-world into a counterculture, and so anyone who wanted to fight against Ashley's "normal centrist" junta had a pretty high chance of getting sucked into Hollow Earth and Moon landing theories because that was who was fighting against Ashley. A lot of these ideas were also...really pretty gross. Lots of coded antisemitism, stuff about trans people, stuff about "grooming", plus the fun stuff like Obama being an evil horse or Ronald Reagan coming back from the dead. Then, there was her (probable) identity as BlueAnon, where Harper Sugar made her name.

BlueAnon was the nickname of an anonymous poster on AmericaForum—which was a shitty 4chan clone/forum thing created by the Denver Government as a substitute for social media—who claimed that Calliope Anderson was behind something called "Project Blue Seraph". Basically, she was going to fake a Second Coming if she won the ACW II, and then use it to bring about a New Age dictatorship with her as the False Prophet and Al Ashley as the Antichrist. Aya Courtney was also going to be involved. Honestly, I can kinda see Aya Courtney as an agent of the Antichrist. She is a natural living weirdo, and she's a Scientologist. She's not even the Kendra Oswald kind of Scientologist where you get out of the cult and just worship L. Ron Hubbard on your own. She's the fully-blown kind.

Actually, you know what? Calliope Anderson might be the False Prophet, too.

Weiss laughs.

Anyway, yeah. We don't really know much about Harper Sugar before the war, since a lot of her records just aren't available anymore. All I could find was that she had two siblings, that she hired a personal assistant for a bit who accused her of unethical business practices, and that her father was a Senior Vice President at Shell Oil. It's always the kids with the oil money. She grew up surrounded by wealth and privilege in Colorado Spring and went to this rich-kid school until at around twenty-five she started allegedly making up this BlueAnon person online.

So, BlueAnon was allegedly a high-ranking officer in the Boston Government's Air Force. I can't say for certain that BlueAnon wasn't that, but, like, what do you think? The one thing that makes me really suspicious is that every time I see Harper Sugar, it seems like she's barely concealing, like, this burning hatred for the entire universe, and BlueAnon absolutely typed like that. Harper still hasn't owned up to the BlueAnon alleged hoax, and there's a lot of people that still believe that she "discovered" it rather than her staging the whole thing on AmericaForum.

People really did believe the end was coming, and Ashley's brutal crackdowns and attempts to ensure control made him being the Antichrist kinda click with people. It was a big conspiracy theory. When Calliope Anderson nuked Denver and Sacramento's territories completely, the BlueAnon people who survived mostly assumed that the nuking was actually a way to simulate the Rapture for Project Blue Seraph. Of course, it was in Hawaii that she went from warlord state conspiracist to disinfo merchant goddess, which we'll cover after the products and services advertised by these companies.

Tomorrow:

Update 52: Never Have I Ever

Last edited:
Wait, so is like all of CA a radioactive crater?
No, but the top fifty-five or so major cities (among several other targets) west of the Mississippi got nuked, so a lot of damage was done.

It was over a hundred nuclear warheads distributed across a wide area—enough to be catastrophic, but not to that degree.

No, but the top fifty-five or so major cities (among several other targets) west of the Mississippi got nuked, so a lot of damage was done.

It was over a hundred nuclear warheads distributed across a wide area—enough to be catastrophic, but not to that degree.
So is tbe world in nuclear autumn now? I imagine famine is a big thing. Also, calliope anderson is probably dodging daily assassination attempts by survivors.

So is tbe world in nuclear autumn now? I imagine famine is a big thing. Also, calliope anderson is probably dodging daily assassination attempts by survivors.
I've heard mixed things about nuclear autumn, but suffice to say that it did do a lot of damage to the world, yeah. Calliope Anderson is kind of the 21st century Hitler at this point.

Oh, and Hawaii spent a lot of money to keep her safe, given that Hawaii is a Chinese puppet state the way Boston is.

Now, she's in Russia, where (some) people are actually sort of thankful in a sick way that she kneecapped America like that, and she's surrounded by a lot of armed guards and the like.

She is one of the most hated people in world history, though. It's kind of a "Hitler fled to Argentina" situation.

Update 52: Never Have I Ever

As she finished flipping through the pages of an old 1960s Fantastic Four paperback, Calliope Anderson dog-eared her page and came to the conclusion that it was time to end the world. She sat in a building that had been around for exactly two hundred and thirty-nine years. The walls were green, and a portrait of some Founding Father or something sat on the wall.

She felt for a moment that she probably cared too much for the works of Lee and Kirby, but honestly Lottie had sent it to her as a gift through a war zone, and she had to at least give it a shot before inevitably deciding to toss it. It was a masterwork, and even she could admit it.

Maybe the dumb kid from the miserable father had decent taste.

The phone rang. "Shit!" she exclaimed. She picked up her government phone that was drenched in obsolete tech and security paranoia. "President of the United States speaking," she said.

"Madame President, please report to an emergency briefing at the Senate hall," he said.

"Is this important?" Calliope asked. "I'm not in the Air Force anymore, I get to be late, now, right?"

"Madame President, we're in a bad spot, and we need you. Please."

"Sure," Calliope said, walking until she reached the great round table surrounded by Corinthian columns and Roman-style busts. She sat down, surrounded by brass and a few suits. "So, what's going on?" she asked.

The General of the Army who'd called her on that very secure line tilted his head. "Good news: Tommy's out of the game, Danny's on the ropes, and Al's dealing with an insurgency."

"What's the bad news?" Calliope asked.

"The extremists are gaining city after city. The Reds got Picano before the Christers in the South could, thanks to Cuba threatening them with war, but the Christers just won't go down. Most of our footholds in the Mid-Atlantic, South, and Midwest are Christer or Red, and Al and Danny have most of the rest. We're also not getting back Hawaii."

An idea leapt into Calliope Anderson's brain like a ballet dancer. "It sounds like we're backed up against a wall," she said. Already, she thought of the sad words she'd tell to justify what was to be done. Probably something about deeply regretting it, of there being no other choice.

"Pretty much," the General said.

An aide in a suit spoke. "I do think the war's potentially winnable. We'd need to build bridges with Denver and Sacramento, then crush the extremists in a vise grip now that we've finally got the whole Northeast secure and they have most of California and some of the rest."

Calliope didn't let it show, but this was a bullshit option. No way I'm letting White Obama and General Ross get to take some of my credit. They don't get to decide what I do after the dust settles. "I don't know if that's tactically savvy, Jameson. Give it some thought. If we work with Alvin, we're subordinated to NATO control, and then we come out of this tragedy having gained nothing but a yoke on our backs. If we work with Lowell, we get pegged as the woke coalition and then the Christers take the Inland Empire and the rest. That causes who knows how many deaths. If we do both, it'll be a shitshow. We need to do this unilaterally."

She already knew the only way to do that. When your soldiers were tired, your supply lines broken and stretched, and your famous air war tactics failing to get the job done, there was only one solution.

"You can't be suggesting the use of nuclear weapons," Jameson sputtered. "Those haven't been used since Hiroshima and Nagasaki!"

"I'm not suggesting anything," Calliope lied. "What I want is to know what our options are. We need to figure out what we have, and how we can use what we have to get what we want." She turned to the Air Force representative, in full uniform. "So how many nukes do we have secured?" she asked.

"Something like a hundred and thirty, maybe a hundred and fifty at most. Most of them would be air-dropped like the Fat Man, converted from warheads. We have air superiority across the West Coast, thanks to help from China. We're also lucky that the Reds and Christers are the main problem west of Louisiana now that the Reds decapitated the Miami Government. Plus, the Christers try not to use anything more complicated than a Spitfire when they can get away with it, and the Reds also are using their air power pretty heavily in strategic campaigns against Cali and such in Cascadia. We could level every major city from New Orleans west, and if we did that, we'd knock Denver and Sacramento out of the game. That brings us down to the Reds and the Christers, and a lot of the Reds live in the cities we'd be bombing."

Calliope smiled, just a bit. "...So with one big strike, we could bring it down to little more than us vs. the Christers?" she asked.

"More or less. It wouldn't be that simple, but it would simplify our aims," The Air Force representative said.

Jameson spoke up. "Madame President, you can't seriously be planning to kill more people than Hitler?"

"Well, in war you have to make the hard decisions," Calliope said, feigning sorrow. She slumped her shoulders like Sam used to do. "How much time do we have to decide?" she asked.

"In three days we'll lose Hoboken to the Reds," the General of the Army said.

"Well, everyone, if we can end this war quickly, that's what we have to do. The sooner this ends, the sooner people die. This action will be called cruel, but it would be more cruel to let the war and its torture and killing last for a decade or more." She turned to the Air Force representative. "I am giving you full authorization to begin this operation." She stood up and walked towards the door. "Make it quick, and I'll talk to PR about what we'll say."

Allison Cartwright walked the streets of Nashville with a rifle on her back. She wore a hat with a single white star on a black background. The stars were high. On her arm was a red armband, marking her as an agent of the revolution. The streets were being cleaned, the red flags were being hoisted, and she thought about where to go for dinner. Next to her was Lindsay Shale, who couldn't have been more aesthetically different.

Liza Oswald sipped her hot cocoa in her LA apartment, by the baby grand piano.

Allison wore tank tops and her hair in a frizzy mess, Lindsay had so much work done on her that she looked like a Barbie doll with the world's biggest bra inserts. Lindsay was short, and Allison was tall. Lindsay wore a full face of makeup, while Allison wore baggy shorts. Lindsay got on her toes to give her girlfriend a kiss. "So, babe, what're we doing to eat?" she asked.

Liza Oswald was lonely, thought about texting her husband back.

"I dunno," Allison said. "I dunno if I'm that hungry, but if you want to get something we can."

"I don't really feel like cooking, can you?" Lindsay asked, batting false lashes. Beauty, as with many things, was a way to feel in control of a chaotic world.

Liza Oswald was bored, she sat there in her recliner.

"Only if it's, like, grilling a steak in a little grill," Allison said, yawning.

"We could do that!" Lindsay said. "Oh, and I was gonna ask. My brother got deep into that Christer stuff. I know he's safe here, but what if he does something?"

Liza Oswald wanted to hug Kendra.

"Ever thought of open carry?" Allison asked. "It's good for safety."

Lindsay gave a small nod. "Maybe, but I don't think I could, you know, hold a gun. I'm just not that kind of person."

Allison chuckled. "Oh, you're scared? You're afraid of a gun, but not of all of the Christers in the suburbs that've sprung up out of Miami's corpse?"

Liza Oswald was hungry, and she started on a brownie she'd made earlier.

"I dunno, it's just less scary since I don't live in the burbs," she said. She noticed what used to be a steakhouse, and now was a house full of steak. "Hey, babe, let's get going!" Practically dragging her girlfriend towards the building, Lindsay Shale was vaporized in an atomic fireball.

Everyone in their half-mile radius were dead. They were erased from existence. Their bodies were now so much sandy fallout. Bones broke. Buildings collapsed or were burned to nothing. A city of artists, militiapeople, philosophers, dugouts, fortifications, and networked communes was now a graveyard underneath a second sun that burned red.

Rick Bowman, looking through a window of the International Space Station saw over a hundred little pinpricks of light erupt between the Mississippi and the Pacific like a wave.

Liza Oswald wasn't real anymore.

With Rakhil in lingerie sleeping underneath her arm, Calliope sat on a firm couch with film of Operation Leading Light playing. She looked at the little mushroom on her phone, hearing Rakhil softly snore. She remembered what she'd told the people: that she'd regretted it, that it had to be done, that it was horrifying. Truthfully, that yellow light on the screen didn't seem too bad at all. She wouldn't want to tan there, but she'd learned how to say the right thing to whoever she had to—even if it was more fun sometimes to try and freak people out.

Honestly, the biggest reason she'd ordered Operation Leading Light was because she'd just never commanded a nuclear strike before.

She thought to herself. Never have I ever...

Last edited:
...Wow.

That's ...

... I think Calliope may be the single most depraved and evil character and that is saying something.

Everyone else at least has rationalizations. She did a nuclear barrage because she could.

...Wow.

That's ...

... I think Calliope may be the single most depraved and evil character and that is saying something.

Everyone else at least has rationalizations. She did a nuclear barrage because she could.
Yeah, as we've seen with Calliope, she just has no regard for anyone else. She dropped her family for a power grab without a second thought, she put on many different faces to different people, and the only person she can relate to at all is a violently queerphobic war criminal.

She just has a severe lack of empathy and a real tendency to use people and throw them away. I really do think that, thematically, a lot of the difference between leaving Sam Cross and his kids to stew in their problems alone and setting fire to half of the continental United States is a matter of scale.

Sure, the latter's obviously worse, but in both cases it's Calliope Anderson throwing others away for something she wanted (power or a new experience).

She's profoundly selfish, and honestly she is the most destructive character in the entire story. I don't think you can count lives and say that some death is more okay than more death, but by sheer body count and scale of cruelty Calliope Anderson makes TJ Stone, Strecker, Benji Cross, and all the rest look like amateurs.

This isn't because she's a cosmic force of evil, it's just because she's very willing to hurt other people for her own gain. She's almost solipsistic that way.

Frankly, the fact that she relates to Picano kind of shows that, since he's also a selfish asshole willing to throw millions under the bus for his own temporary interests. Calliope wasn't thinking "Boy, I sure love the idea of killing everyone, I'm such a sadist." She just wanted to experience starting a one-sided nuclear war, and had absolutely no regard for the consequences of that, because those people kind of weren't real people to her.

She and Picano are player characters, and when she lies to Kendra, kills Liza, blows up cities full of people, and escapes justice, it doesn't matter to her because they're all just background NPCs.

If that's not the mentality of those who succeed highest in capitalism, I really don't know what is.

Oh, and yeah, feel free to give all y'all's thoughts, I kind of got wordy with this one.

Next update, we deal with the stylish, weed-smell-drenched side of GDO when we explore The Anglo-American Zombie War.

Is there any actually good media made in the Worldwide Republic, or is it a cultural wasteland filled with awful shlock made by talentless hacks?

Is there any actually good media made in the Worldwide Republic, or is it a cultural wasteland filled with awful shlock made by talentless hacks?
Imagine if all media more or less worked the way that fanfiction does, in that it's made at least largely as a labor of love and potentially is something one or more idiots cooked up thinking it was brilliant.

There is still good media, but in the same way that there's good fanfiction or good fan films or the like. I love fanfic, to be clear. I just don't show the good stuff as often because I don't like to write "Oh, and then they made this dream movie, and it was awesome" like a lot of pop-culture TLs (even great ones!) do. Oh, and I was about to mention Jester King Online, but that was made in Japan now that I think of it.

Also, The Anglo-American Zombie War is a modern masterpiece comparable to Ibsen and Hitchcock.

Last edited:
You know, publishing and editing services could totally exist in the WR - in theory.

In practice, however, dredging through piles upon piles of complete shit that appeals to the author alone would be soul-crushing and I doubt anyone would be willing to do it. So they don't actually exist.

Most editors, I imagine, would be more like co-authors, who have a personal relationship with the writer beforehand.

You know, publishing and editing services could totally exist in the WR - in theory.

In practice, however, dredging through piles upon piles of complete shit that appeals to the author alone would be soul-crushing and I doubt anyone would be willing to do it. So they don't actually exist.

Most editors, I imagine, would be more like co-authors, who have a personal relationship with the writer beforehand.
"You know, I expected that I'd hate communist movies because they'd all be Stalinist propaganda pieces, but I would do anything for a Stalinist propaganda piece instead of twenty thousand soulmate AU stories."

That said, there are larger filmmaking collectives that have their own in-house editors (paid in labor vouchers or volunteer), like the ones we saw Kendra Oswald work with a few updates ago.

Even so, yeah.

There's a lot of garbage that would never have been made back when people starved to death on the street. On the other hand, there are worse problems to have than people having the free time to make bad movies. Small comfort for the people whose boyfriends dragged them to The Anglo-American Zombie War, though.

Last edited:
Hey, what fancy terms and isms would you use to describe your writing style? Because I'm trying to figure out why I don't gel with this as much as a different socialist story on SV. (Aside from the kink stuff :V)

Hey, what fancy terms and isms would you use to describe your writing style? Because I'm trying to figure out why I don't gel with this as much as a different socialist story on SV. (Aside from the kink stuff :V)
I'm almost tempted to ask what the other story is, or anything I might be able to throw in to make it potentially suit more people's tastes as well as my own.

I guess some phrases off the top of my head would be:

"Psychological"
"Angst"
"Post-Cyberpunk"
"Political"
"Character-Driven"
"Narrative-Focused"
"World Exploration"
"Ground-level Focus"
"Moody"
"Emotionally-grounded"
"Aesthetically-focused"
"Mundane"

I also think that it zigs where a lot of other socialist stories on SV zag, in that it's about an ensemble cast with a strong focus on people's inner lives and the relationships people have with each other, and one that is less interested in utopia or dystopia, as well as other things.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, though!

Last edited:

As she finished flipping through the pages of an old 1960s Fantastic Four paperback, Calliope Anderson dog-eared her page and came to the conclusion that it was time to end the world. She sat in a building that had been around for exactly two hundred and thirty-nine years. The walls were green, and a portrait of some Founding Father or something sat on the wall.

She felt for a moment that she probably cared too much for the works of Lee and Kirby, but honestly Lottie had sent it to her as a gift through a war zone, and she had to at least give it a shot before inevitably deciding to toss it. It was a masterwork, and even she could admit it.

Maybe the dumb kid from the miserable father had decent taste.

The phone rang. "Shit!" she exclaimed. She picked up her government phone that was drenched in obsolete tech and security paranoia. "President of the United States speaking," she said.

"Madame President, please report to an emergency briefing at the Senate hall," he said.

"Is this important?" Calliope asked. "I'm not in the Air Force anymore, I get to be late, now, right?"

"Madame President, we're in a bad spot, and we need you. Please."

"Sure," Calliope said, walking until she reached the great round table surrounded by Corinthian columns and Roman-style busts. She sat down, surrounded by brass and a few suits. "So, what's going on?" she asked.

The General of the Army who'd called her on that very secure line tilted his head. "Good news: Tommy's out of the game, Danny's on the ropes, and Al's dealing with an insurgency."

"What's the bad news?" Calliope asked.

"The extremists are gaining city after city. The Reds got Picano before the Christers in the South could, thanks to Cuba threatening them with war, but the Christers just won't go down. Most of our footholds in the Mid-Atlantic, South, and Midwest are Christer or Red, and Al and Danny have most of the rest. We're also not getting back Hawaii."

An idea leapt into Calliope Anderson's brain like a ballet dancer. "It sounds like we're backed up against a wall," she said. Already, she thought of the sad words she'd tell to justify what was to be done. Probably something about deeply regretting it, of there being no other choice.

"Pretty much," the General said.

An aide in a suit spoke. "I do think the war's potentially winnable. We'd need to build bridges with Denver and Sacramento, then crush the extremists in a vise grip now that we've finally got the whole Northeast secure and they have most of California and some of the rest."

Calliope didn't let it show, but this was a bullshit option. No way I'm letting White Obama and General Ross get to take some of my credit. They don't get to decide what I do after the dust settles. "I don't know if that's tactically savvy, Jameson. Give it some thought. If we work with Alvin, we're subordinated to NATO control, and then we come out of this tragedy having gained nothing but a yoke on our backs. If we work with Lowell, we get pegged as the woke coalition and then the Christers take the Inland Empire and the rest. That causes who knows how many deaths. If we do both, it'll be a shitshow. We need to do this unilaterally."

She already knew the only way to do that. When your soldiers were tired, your supply lines broken and stretched, and your famous air war tactics failing to get the job done, there was only one solution.

"You can't be suggesting the use of nuclear weapons," Jameson sputtered. "Those haven't been used since Hiroshima and Nagasaki!"

"I'm not suggesting anything," Calliope lied. "What I want is to know what our options are. We need to figure out what we have, and how we can use what we have to get what we want." She turned to the Air Force representative, in full uniform. "So how many nukes do we have secured?" she asked.

"Something like a hundred and thirty, maybe a hundred and fifty at most. Most of them would be air-dropped like the Fat Man, converted from warheads. We have air superiority across the West Coast, thanks to help from China. We're also lucky that the Reds and Christers are the main problem west of Louisiana now that the Reds decapitated the Miami Government. Plus, the Christers try not to use anything more complicated than a Spitfire when they can get away with it, and the Reds also are using their air power pretty heavily in strategic campaigns against Cali and such in Cascadia. We could level every major city from New Orleans west, and if we did that, we'd knock Denver and Sacramento out of the game. That brings us down to the Reds and the Christers, and a lot of the Reds live in the cities we'd be bombing."

Calliope smiled, just a bit. "...So with one big strike, we could bring it down to little more than us vs. the Christers?" she asked.

"More or less. It wouldn't be that simple, but it would simplify our aims," The Air Force representative said.

Jameson spoke up. "Madame President, you can't seriously be planning to kill more people than Hitler?"

"Well, in war you have to make the hard decisions," Calliope said, feigning sorrow. She slumped her shoulders like Sam used to do. "How much time do we have to decide?" she asked.

"In three days we'll lose Hoboken to the Reds," the General of the Army said.

"Well, everyone, if we can end this war quickly, that's what we have to do. The sooner this ends, the sooner people die. This action will be called cruel, but it would be more cruel to let the war and its torture and killing last for a decade or more." She turned to the Air Force representative. "I am giving you full authorization to begin this operation." She stood up and walked towards the door. "Make it quick, and I'll talk to PR about what we'll say."

Allison Cartwright walked the streets of Nashville with a rifle on her back. She wore a hat with a single white star on a black background. The stars were high. On her arm was a red armband, marking her as an agent of the revolution. The streets were being cleaned, the red flags were being hoisted, and she thought about where to go for dinner. Next to her was Lindsay Shale, who couldn't have been more aesthetically different.

Liza Oswald sipped her hot cocoa in her LA apartment, by the baby grand piano.

Allison wore tank tops and her hair in a frizzy mess, Lindsay had so much work done on her that she looked like a Barbie doll with the world's biggest bra inserts. Lindsay was short, and Allison was tall. Lindsay wore a full face of makeup, while Allison wore baggy shorts. Lindsay got on her toes to give her girlfriend a kiss. "So, babe, what're we doing to eat?" she asked.

Liza Oswald was lonely, thought about texting her husband back.

"I dunno," Allison said. "I dunno if I'm that hungry, but if you want to get something we can."

"I don't really feel like cooking, can you?" Lindsay asked, batting false lashes. Beauty, as with many things, was a way to feel in control of a chaotic world.

Liza Oswald was bored, she sat there in her recliner.

"Only if it's, like, grilling a steak in a little grill," Allison said, yawning.

"We could do that!" Lindsay said. "Oh, and I was gonna ask. My brother got deep into that Christer stuff. I know he's safe here, but what if he does something?"

Liza Oswald wanted to hug Kendra.

"Ever thought of open carry?" Allison asked. "It's good for safety."

Lindsay gave a small nod. "Maybe, but I don't think I could, you know, hold a gun. I'm just not that kind of person."

Allison chuckled. "Oh, you're scared? You're afraid of a gun, but not of all of the Christers in the suburbs that've sprung up out of Miami's corpse?"

Liza Oswald was hungry, and she started on a brownie she'd made earlier.

"I dunno, it's just less scary since I don't live in the burbs," she said. She noticed what used to be a steakhouse, and now was a house full of steak. "Hey, babe, let's get going!" Practically dragging her girlfriend towards the building, Lindsay Shale was vaporized in an atomic fireball.

Everyone in their half-mile radius were dead. They were erased from existence. Their bodies were now so much sandy fallout. Bones broke. Buildings collapsed or were burned to nothing. A city of artists, militiapeople, philosophers, dugouts, fortifications, and networked communes was now a graveyard underneath a second sun that burned red.

Rick Bowman, looking through a window of the International Space Station saw over a hundred little pinpricks of light erupt between the Mississippi and the Pacific like a wave.

Liza Oswald wasn't real anymore.

With Rakhil in lingerie sleeping underneath her arm, Calliope sat on a firm couch with film of Operation Leading Light playing. She looked at the little mushroom on her phone, hearing Rakhil softly snore. She remembered what she'd told the people: that she'd regretted it, that it had to be done, that it was horrifying. Truthfully, that yellow light on the screen didn't seem too bad at all. She wouldn't want to tan there, but she'd learned how to say the right thing to whoever she had to—even if it was more fun sometimes to try and freak people out.

Honestly, the biggest reason she'd ordered Operation Leading Light was because she'd just never commanded a nuclear strike before.

She thought to herself. Never have I ever...

I'm sorry but there is no world in which I would choose rehabilitation over skinning this woman and then dropping her still screaming body into a salt mine.

Some people are not worth saving. Maybe that's a poor reflection on my character, but to thine own self be true.

I'm sorry but there is no world in which I would choose rehabilitation over skinning this woman and then dropping her still screaming body into a salt mine.

Some people are not worth saving. Maybe that's a poor reflection on my character, but to thine own self be true.
Interesting fact: Calliope Anderson was the official exception to the opposition to the death penalty in the Worldwide Republic.

She's in Hawaii (now Russia) because even the WR would give her the Foxwoods Sniper treatment, and frankly, I find it hard to blame them even if I am opposed to the death penalty.

Last edited:
Yeah it's definitely pretty off kilter, and I think the anglo American zombie war thing is making me thinking "post ironic", although I could be bad at media literacy.
I'm not actually sure what "post-ironic" means. I guess I'm just wondering what elements you find you prefer in other stories?

Honestly, know there are a lot of great stories on this site.

Update 54: Maine
Bridget didn't get visitors often anymore. The press coverage over her story had mostly gone away, even with her occasional trips to places like Hawaii to speak about something or another. So, when she heard her cabin's doorbell ring, she wheeled over to the door and opened it. Rolling down a wooden accessibility ramp and onto a flat dirt trail, Bridget lamented the weight she'd gained and looked up at a girl ten years younger than her with a Chelsea haircut and a leather duster. "Bridget MacBay?" the woman asked in a gravelly tone.

"I just go by Bridget Grey, now. I got it changed," she said. "You're a skin?"

"Yeah," the woman said.

"You here to kill me?" Bridget asked. She felt weak in her chair, and she'd put so much effort for so long into avoiding vulnerability.

"No, don't worry. I was actually hoping to get your endorsement. I'm Mars, Mars Spira."

"Endorsement for what?" Bridget asked, rolling a few inches back.

"Our party. I used to be in the American National Councilist Party before I realized it was needles. There's two and a half successors. First, there's Fenris Command, an Atompilz-style terror organization with a pagan focus. Second's the National Councilist Party of America, who are your basic white nat/nazbol types trying to work electorally and 'respectably'; and then there's us, the House of Alice."

"Uh, who?" Bridget asked.

"We're an organization descended from the Connecticut chapter of the Pink Flag Solidarity Front, but we got ANCP washouts and exiles from the youth wing when they realized they were being fed bullshit. We're corporatist, anti-capitalist, militant, anti-interventionist, and progressive. We want Red America to stay Red America instead of invading the entire world. So, thought you'd want to help give people trapped in Wonderland a way out."

"Corporatist? Oh, so you're...queer, non-racist, socialist fascists?" Bridget asked, still in the process of decoding her sexuality and these people.

"...Fascism isn't the right way to put it. Fascism takes corporatism and nationalism and goes hard right with them, while we take those and go hard left everywhere else."

"What are you, like eighteen?" Bridget asked.

"I'm twenty," Mars said.

"This sounds like fascism." Bridget took in the crisp air. "I got out of that stuff way too late, I'm worthless morally speaking. You genuinely don't wanna go there."

"Can we talk inside?" Mars asked.

Bridget gave a nod, if only in hopes of dissuading the skinhead. Mars pushed Bridget up the shallow ramp and into the former Nazi's cabin. She positioned Bridget facing a couch, and then sat down on it. "Why do you think it's a scam?" she asked, trying to be polite.

"They lie to you that you're special and that they can make you a badass, and then you either die for them or kill for them," Bridget said, in a tone that made it clear that she felt used. Worse, she felt like a user. Small comfort for the victims.

Mars looked down and to the side, then back at Bridget. "Well, the House of Alice isn't like that. We don't want to kill anyone, and we don't do the cult of violence thing. It's just discipline, you know?"

"How do I know you're not feeding me shit? I mean, I already tried making an allegedly non-fascist fascist party. I know it's a thing people do," Bridget said.

"Bridget," Mars said.

"No, tell me. Why should I trust a left-fascist when I know twice over that fascists are liars?"

"Look—" Mars pleaded, vulnerable.

"Why should I believe a damn word you're saying?" Bridget snarled.

"Because we need you!"

"You need me like a hole in your head. Besides, racism is crap, there's no such thing as races."

Mars stood up and took Bridget's hand. "Yeah, no shit!"

Bridget let out a stream of air, holding onto Mars's.

Mars continued. "The House of Alice takes care of queer people, trans people, homeless people, immigrants...We're law-abiding other than street fights and shit. We just want to give people structure, discipline, and a better world to dream about than this poorly-run, slipshod, bombed-out, DSA-dominated mess. We don't want to hurt anyone," Mars said. "You can still have an order and a cause in your life if you want it."

Bridget sighed. "Look, I don't talk to fascists."

"Be honest with yourself. You've only not been a fascist for a few years. You've killed people and bombed places. I understand you're trying to be a better person, but you don't have the moral high ground here. I can't see why this is so hard for you. Also, I mean, we beat fascists."

"...So, does that make you a SHARP?" Bridget asked, having kicked the shit out of a few Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice in her day. "Yes or no?"

"Yeah," Mars said.

"There's plausible deniability and then there's just admitting to be the kind of person fascists love to stab. I buy that you people have your things sorted out. What kind of discipline are we talking about, here?"

"Military," Mars said.

"Well, I can't fight," Bridget said. "Do you guys at least kick the shit out of boneheads and the other two remnants of Atompilz?"

Mars smiled. "As often as we can."

"I'll have Constance drive me down to Connecticut," Bridget said. She started to roll up the ramp and into her house, closing the door. "Also, get a better label for what your ideology is, okay?"

Back