Ghoul Quest (Tokyo Ghoul)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

You are a Ghoul. A member of a carnivorous sub-species of humanity. Ghouls have the rather...
Character Creation Part 1

Teen Spirit

Lost in Ever After
Pronouns
He/Him
You are a Ghoul. A member of a carnivorous sub-species of humanity. Ghouls have the rather unique position of being the only species above humanity on the food chain. They are stronger, tougher and can heal quicker than the average human. Not to mention the have a predatory organ known as Kagune which can be used as a powerful and dangerous weapon.

Being on top of the food chain does not mean ghouls have it easy. Humans dominate the world, ghouls are lucky to survive in the shadows. Your existence is illegal, there isn't a government on earth that wouldn't kill you on sight for simply being what you are. And there are many organizations, such as the CCG in japan dedicated to hunting down and eliminating your kind. Your diet is extremely limited, You can only eat humans and other ghouls, all other food is disgusting to your taste buds and toxic to your stomach.

For most ghouls, life is spent in deep poverty. Fighting other ghouls for "Hunting Grounds" and trying to hide from the police or whoever is hunting them down.

You have just turned eighteen years old. Being a resident of the United States that makes you more or less an adult now in the eyes of human society. Life in the US is hard for a ghoul, while there's no organization quite like the CCG, there are plenty of police units dedicated to hunting your kind, and they rarely take prisoners.

You are

Name
[]Write in

[]Female

Kagune
(Descriptions taken from Tokyo Ghoul Wiki)

A ghoul's predatory organ and functions as their weapon and claws. Fexible like the flow of water, but firm and sturdy. When released, a ghoul's physique is strengthened, they are more resilient, and their mobility heightens. A Kagune is composed of Rc cells, which flow just like blood, can become as solid as teeth and can be described as "liquid muscles".

[]Ukaku: Spread out like feathers and is released from the shoulder area, it specializes in high speed attacks, most of the users seeming to have highly enhanced speed. The Kagune is lightweight and can be used to deliver high-speed attacks against an adversary, the primary method of attack is crystallizing their Kagune to deliver a high speed torrent of spike-like projectiles, however whilst crystallized they are much stiffer and can't be used for short range combat.

[]Koukaku: Released below the shoulder blade. Due to its high density of Rc cells it is heavy and extremely robust, giving it the greatest sturdiness and making them very well suited for defense. Normally, they are generally shaped into armors or shields, but on the offense, they can be shaped like melee weapons such as drills, hammers, blades, and swords. Due to its high weight, a Koukaku's speed is inferior to all other kagunes and the kagune is hard to wield.

[] Rinkaku: Released at the back around the waist. A rinkaku resembles scaled tentacles. A rinkaku wielder has powerful regenerative abilities and some could even survive the most critical of damage. Its peculiar appearance and structure yield a superior striking power and they excel in brute strength. Some rinkaku users are able to manipulate the shape of their kagune, such as changing its usual tentacle form into swords or claws.

[] Bikaku: Tail-like in appearance and is released around the tail-bone/coccyx. It is good for medium-distance attacks and has decent offense, defense and speed. Thus, they have no notable strengths or weaknesses.

Background
[]
Siblings (Your parents died a long time ago. For as long as you can remember, it's just been you and your Older sister. Living in a crappy studio apartment. Earning and begging for just enough money to stay alive. Your sister has worked her hardest to make sure the gangs stay away from you, and that you stay off the Police's radar. For the most part she's been successful. Though the number of enemies your sister has gained over the years is impressive, to say the least. Recently she's grown distant and has begun attacking strangely.)

[]New Found Wealth (Your parents were for most of your life extremely poor, as many ghouls were. However a fateful lotto ticket has changed that. Now your family has millions. Once your father worried about getting food to survive the next month, now he's trying to set up a small business. Your life is free of all your old worries, and full of new ones. Your wealth has attracted attention, from both humans and many of your own kind who look upon you and your family with jealous eyes.)

[]Wolf Among Sheep. (You never knew your biological parents. You've asked your mother about them but she knew little herself. You are in a rather unique position for a ghoul, you were raised by a human. Your mother had found you on the side of the road as a baby, and despite your ghoul nature, she raised you. As far as the world is concerned you're just a normal human being with a lot of food allergies. You have a comfortable life, friends and a secure supply of food thanks to some deals your mother made with the hospital that you are better off not knowing the full details about. The lives of your fellow ghouls are as alien to you as they are to most humans. You haven't even seen one of your kind outside of a mirror. Your mother is loving, but also domineering. She expects great things from you.)
/

Something I came up with while working on homework. I should note those pictures are for the most part a bit stronger than what we will start as.

Last edited:
Character Sheet
Name: Alicia Abell
Kagune: Rinkaku
Background:Wolf Among Sheep.

Appearance

Traits:
Intelligent: +5 to intelligence rolls
Medical Student: Detailed knowledge of the human body. +10 to any medicine rolls.
Self Taught Fighter:+2 to Combat Rolls

Equipment: Hoodie, shirt, jeans. Backpack full of school supplies

Relationships:
Dr. Rebecca Abell (Human, Adopted Mother. Close)
Officer Richard Zito (Human, Police Officer. Friend of your Mothers)
Sam Maxson (Human, College Student. New Friend)

Last edited:
Name
[X] Klara Alexeveya

Kagune
[X] Ukaku

Background
[X] Siblings

[X] Alicia Abell

[X]Female

[X] Rinkaku

[X]Wolf Among Sheep.

Last edited:
Yesh, a Tokyo Ghoul quest!

[] Asukai Shion
Shion's the first name. Asukai, the surname. A Japanese name because we're in Japan.
Misread :p

[X] Alicia Abell
[X] Female
[X] Koukaku
Koukaku's are quite rare in the series and since there hasn't really been any 'high-level' users of it, I'm curious to see what tricks it can pull.

[X] Wolf Among Sheep.
An interesting spin on things.

Last edited:
Koukaku's are quite rare in the series and since there hasn't really been any 'high-level' users of it, I'm curious to see what tricks it can pull.
Power and Speed is more important since everything in TG hit like a Truck, dodging is a better answer than tanking

[X] Tank Ripkowsky
[X] Male
[X] Rinkaku
[X] Wolf Among Sheep.

"I think I will be the only participant here. My sibling would not like this."

[X] Manuel Flores

"A bit of a inside joke. I'm sure some of you understand half of it."

[X] Male...?

"I myself posess reproductive organs. I suppose I am trying to create a character like..."

[X] Ukaku

"Yourself? You are no angel. That's their job."
"...hey. You picked that. I love tentacles thank you very much."

[X] Wolf Among Sheep.

"This is what you are, dear sibling."

"...thematically interesting. Now fuck off dude."

"Hey, was someone just here?"

[X] Klara Alexeveya
[X] Female
[X] Koukaku
[X] Wolf Among Sheep.

Power and Speed is more important since everything in TG hit like a Truck, dodging is a better answer than tanking
True, though that's mainly for A+ rank ghouls. And some weird humans.
(Lower rank ghouls, as seen from the beginning of the series, aren't that strong.)
Most human opponents, by necessity, match or outclass ghouls in terms of speed and skill, possibly with the aid of teamwork. At that point, Ukaku and Bikaku are in trouble because they lack the Regeneration of the Rinkaku or the defence of the Koukaku. This weakness is generally solved by Kakuja, but that'll be a while later.

And while the Koukaku kagune itself is slow, a Koukaku ghoul need not be slow once they get used to the heavier weight, since they often shape the Kagune into weaponry rather than manipulate it directly.

...Eh, Rinkaku's probably the winning combination of huge versatility (in terms of shaping), no lack of strength and great regeneration. But it's also a bit overused.

Last edited:
...Eh, Rinkaku's probably the winning combination of huge versatility (in terms of shaping), no lack of strength and great regeneration. But it's also a bit overused.
it overuse cause it good
multitool beat one weapon when it come to survival
and in TG, it run or fight

[X] Alicia Abell
[X]Female
[X] Rinkaku
[X] Wolf Among Sheep.

Let's kill our sister and take her powers for our own!

Changed vote cuz no one wants siblings...:(

Last edited:
... -sighs-

For most ghouls, life is spent in deep poverty.
Unless you're lucky enough to be employed by a conglomerate owned by a family of wealthy ghouls, like the Tsukiyama family.

Or if you're a dirty member of V. 凸(ಠ益ಠ凸)

Being a resident of the United States
-remembers hours spent looking for good TG fanfics-

-remembers fanfics set in the US-

-shudders-

My personal gripes aside, I guess this makes sense if you don't want to mess with the canon too much, and it gives you plenty of ground to work with, unlike someplace like Germany, or China which are both a lot less flexible.

Life in the US is hard for a ghoul, while there's no organization quite like the CCG,
A little skeptical about this, but okay, I can go with it. For now. But what about the birdcage around the world Nidhoggr

there are plenty of police units dedicated to hunting your kind, and they rarely take prisoners.
Soooo cops are armed with quinque and guns that fire Q bullets. I wonder if they have any... voracious individuals in their ranks.

Anyway, time to vote.

For names, I'm gonna go with Leona Chase; Leona means "lion", Chase means "hunter". After much searching I settled on this due to being tired and wanting to be done with this part Rize's line in chapter 46.5 about cowardly lions. Also because I don't care for any of the names that are winning right now.

[]Ukaku: Spread out like feathers and is released from the shoulder area, it specializes in high speed attacks, most of the users seeming to have highly enhanced speed. The Kagune is lightweight and can be used to deliver high-speed attacks against an adversary, the primary method of attack is crystallizing their Kagune to deliver a high speed torrent of spike-like projectiles, however whilst crystallized they are much stiffer and can't be used for short range combat.

This would be my choice, just because they offer great range and mobility. But the problem is the weakness of the Ukaku type can suck, unless you've got Yomo Kirishima DNA, or are an Owl. Also using pics from the ugly anime how dare

So I'm gonna go for the all around balanced Bikaku option, which has its fair share of heavy hitters: Nishiki, The Bin Brothers, Minami, Koma, Shachi, possibly Roma, Noro, possibly Tatara (even if he was robbed and given an unsatisfying end), and potentially Tooru, depending on how strong he is now.

And it's nice to have a decent counter to the Rinkaku type (which has gotten enough focus). Fuck you Souta, I hate you so much, please die horribly, you ugly piece of shit I will shove my tail through your abdomen, rip out your kakuhou, and eat it in front of you

Also because

And since we've seen the sibling angle a bunch of times in TG already, and since the lottery thing is kinda eh, I'm gonna go with Wolf Among Sheep, since it reminds me of Ikuma (TG Novel character).

[X] Leona Chase
[X] Female
[X] Bikaku
[X] Wolf Among Sheep

Back