Okay, what the heck happened to Kojirou?

Since it's not likely to come up in the narrative itself, I've been meaning to explain my theory on the Alter forms (or at least the ones that the Shadow creates.) I don't think it's quite as simple as the Shadow bringing the Servants' repressed qualities to the surface. Otherwise, wouldn't Alt-Saber be super-emotional? Wouldn't Alt-Berserker be thoughtful and erudite?

Instead, I think the key is that the Shadow turns the Servants into what they're secretly afraid of becoming, or maybe who they're afraid they really are deep inside. So Saber becomes the cold, emotionless tyrant Tristan accused her of being. Herc is -- well -- pretty much the same as his Berserker form, except he's literally blind to who he's hurting (the way I imagine he was when Hera cursed him to kill his own family.) Following along similar lines, Alt-Assassin is a bloodthirsty, uncivilized killer without a shred of honor, as he might perhaps have been at some point in his multiple-choice past before his training in bushido. And Caster becomes a naive, foolish little girl, simultaneously way too trusting and far too screwed up by her past experiences to really understand what love is or how to return it. (Paradoxically, she might be an even greater threat in this state. Medea tends to freak out when she loses control of a situation. Alt-Caster simply doesn't care, which frees her up to improvise and adapt.)

You know I just realized with the title being first order derivative, and you giving FGO hints; I think the reason everything gets fucked sans tom interference is because angry matthew has a solomon grail giving him the power to fuck up the quantum timelock of the 2004 grail war.

You tease. After setting up the big reveal of Archer's true identity and goals, the reveal happens in such a way that Tom can't make any sense out of it. Guess it'll take a few more loops to figure everything out.

(Though at least Tom can start the next loop by saying "Hey, Shirou, did you know that Archer is trying to assassinate you? Like, not because you happen to be a Master, he's specifically got a grudge against you.")

I liked the chant for Saber's Excalibomb. Very appropriate for the Sword of Promised Victory.

With the way the loops are going, Tom is either going to have serious PTSD or become completely chill to anything, or both. I'm pretty sure if he ever meets Goetia he's just going to be like, "an all-powerful demon pillar god, huh? Typical."

With the way the loops are going, Tom is either going to have serious PTSD or become completely chill to anything, or both. I'm pretty sure if he ever meets Goetia he's just going to be like, "an all-powerful demon pillar god, huh? Typical."
Judging by the voice Toms always been a little crazy so I'm leaning towards the latter.

Back