Slight problem with that; nukes unleash shitloads of heat, radiation and pressure in an instant. Nanomachines, no matter how well constructed, won't survive such abuse.

What you could do is instead swap the nuke's warhead for a nanowarfare unit with a supply of nanites and a power and instruction source, but it'd need to land less violently than a standard nuke.
Here's the thing... My proposed "Fabricator Nuke",if it ever happens (I'm not known for intelligent weapon design...),removes the nuclear payload. As in the warhead. So... There goes those problems. However,there's still the issue of distribution... I dunno. Bullshit Progenitor Hypertech? You know,I think Girl Genius has a quote that would be very appropriate for Progenitor Hypertech...

I suddenly want to see Faith in Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance,though. She'd probably drool over the Paragon and Salvation. Why does the Aeon Illuminate get the best toys?

They also had the longest time to study Seraphim artifacts. Just incorporating some increased QAI's computing power by quite a bit. (I think there was a specific percentage increase, but I can't remember it.)

And don't forget, the Aeon also have some amount of Psionics.

Okay, the Paragon I can understand, but the SALVATION?! That thing sucked! All it was good for was killing shields, and it was worse at it than literally every other T4 artillery piece (yes, I know it was technically T3, but it cost as much as an experimental so I'm going to compare it to things in the same price range).

If you're looking for OP Aeon stuff, the ridiculous pile of nonsense known as the Restorer is the thing to mention (dear God they were OP, 30 gunships should not be able to kill 100+ Air Superiority Fighters under any circumstances).

Last edited:
Okay, the Paragon I can understand, but the SALVATION?! That thing sucked! All it was good for was killing shields, and it was worse at it than literally every other T4 artillery piece (yes, I know it was technically T3, but it cost as much as an experimental so I'm going to compare it to things in the same price range).
I think they mean more for the concept/general tech, Faith doesn't have energy-projectile artillery yet.

I think they mean more for the concept/general tech, Faith doesn't have energy-projectile artillery yet.
Well in that case the Scathis would be the thing to take, especially if you could also nab the Mavor for its unreasonably good accuracy (hitting targets on the other side of the planet dead-on, because Fuck You!).

Honestly, a lot of Aeon stuff is just high tech to be high tech (what's the point in a gravity cannon when a railgun turret is more effective in EVERY way?), and they don't even have the Cybran's excuse of 'because it's cool'.

Last edited:

I've found the Salvation quite useful in wiping out incoming surface assaults.

If you're looking for OP Aeon stuff, the ridiculous pile of nonsense known as the Restorer is the thing to mention (dear God they were OP, 30 gunships should not be able to kill 100+ Air Superiority Fighters under any circumstances).
The Salvation has over triple the DPS of the Mavor. And you can double that up again if you surround it with reactors. It's classified as a Game Ender for a reason. Once one comes online,it's identical to the Mavor issue; Snipe it,or you lose. And,quite frankly,the Restorer is leagues beneath Kestrels. All Faith needs to do to the Kestrels is add an AA autogun.

But,yes,quantum energy three stage cluster munitions? Yes please! Do want! Blanket the area in submunitions!

63 - Queen
Hey look, a thing! I really shouldn't be wasting my times on forums with important IRL stuff to do, but... schedule.

63 - Queen

The Red Faction sergeant seemed too happy to accept the offer, although he seemed dubious as to how it would happen.

Luckily, Hope was reasonably on top of things, and with the Terraformer nearing the end of its reconstruction, I was free to turn the entirety of my attention to the problem.

Not that it was much of a problem, though. I teleported one of my spare Vehicle Fabricators to the outskirts of Diggstown and had it roll up to the settlement's gate.

Trooper 21 gestured to the construction tank with one hand. "Ah, it's here already. Great. Just pick a spot, preferably a relatively centralised and open area, and we'll set up the Atmospheric Core."

The Red Faction sergeant blanched. "Oh. I, uh. I didn't realise you'd be ready to build it so soon…"

Within the body of Trooper 21, I shrugged. "Eh, we can wait."

---

Similar discussions were ongoing across the various settlements of Mars. Overall, the Red Faction seemed reluctantly willing to take me up on the offer, with the general consensus being that if we tried to fuck them over, we'd very swiftly get a boot up the ass.

Hope laughed across the Command Network. "Puh-lease. I'd like to see them try."

"Yeah, me too, but I have no intention of screwing these guys over. They've been fucked around enough. We fix the Terraformer, we set up the Cores, and then we get out of their hair."

"After robbing them blind, you mean."

"Well, duh. Although… hm. We should probably do something about the crazy bug cultists. They're in their cells, and they've got automatic food dispensers and stuff to keep them fed and hydrated, so they won't just waste away, but… do we hand them over to the Red Faction? The Marauders? Let them die?"

"If I were you… well, I am you, so I guess I'll just say it. There's not much point in sending them off to the Red Faction or the Marauders, since they'll probably just kill the lot of them for pragmatic reasons."

"I was thinking much the same myself. Did you have an alternative in mind?"

"Well… I guess what we could do is tell the Red Faction and the Marauders where they are, but also tell them that there's no chance of them escaping and the situation is entirely under control. If they want to check it out, they can, and if they don't care and just want to leave them alone in their automated prison, then they're entirely free to do so."

"I was thinking something similar, but that does create some problems. We can't just leave this one automated building here when we pack up and go. That'd be just begging for people to start poking around. I don't think either of us want to play babysitter to these maniacs-"

"No way. The bugs are way more interesting. I get to do science on them without feeling bad!"

I rolled my nonexistent eyes and continued. "So basically, leaving the Terraformer and the Cores is fine, but leaving just the prison on its own out here in Hemsville? That would be rather sus."

"So would us just up and disappearing from Mars and not a trace of us ever being found again. Like you said before, might as well go full hog."

"Eh, I guess. Besides, it's not like we'll be here to see people get confused about it. Though it probably would be funny to watch. Anyway, we're getting ahead of ourselves. Let's wrap this little infestation up first, hey?"

---

The Plague's attacks, even those coming through the rifts, had started to die down once I dropped two and a half thousand Doxes into the deepest depths of their primary hive, but the Plague were persistent and worse, they were getting smart.

Tentacles burst from the ground in pairs or groups, each grabbing the same Dox by a different limb and pulling. Even if they couldn't rip the limbs off, that Dox was effectively disabled, and its allies couldn't free it without risking damage to it.

Not that I was loathe to shoot my own units, or anything - especially the Doxes, which were basically popcorn, - but each pair of Tentacles I annihilated took a Dox with them, and the rest of the Plague were beginning to use similar techniques, simply burying the robots with sheer weight of numbers.

Rather than send conventional reinforcements, though, I had a funnier idea.

They didn't like un-ionized air or high concentrations of oxygen. I had Cores, which could deal with both (although admittedly they weren't great for the large scale).

The obvious solution here was to stick Cores on all of my units. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Cores and their exponentially growing potential to convert the atmosphere based upon their size, and their not-insignificant energy cost to initialise (just kidding, it was pretty insignificant with the amount of resources my hub system was putting out), putting one small Core on each of my units would have been rather inefficient.

So…

I dug up a memory from my youth and fired up the design program.

---

Finally, after three subjective days of work, it was done. A walking, (not) talking, biohazard containment unit almost the same size as my Osiris frame - standing around thirteen metres tall at the head. Well, it was fourteen if you counted the Core as well.

It was humanoid in shape - two arms, two legs, and a head linked by a torso, - but built more like a rhino than a man, with huge, thick limbs and a torso wide enough for two Braves to park side by side.

Each arm contained an underslung Plasma Thrower and a 'wrist'-mounted Fabricator unit, in addition to its primary armament - an Anti-Bio Beam, the designs of which Hope had been able to quickly steal from an unsuspecting Slug military base back in the FTLverse.

Well, technically, it was just a Beam Emitter. With a bit of fiddling and dubious applications of nanomachines, it was a fairly simple matter to combine every sort of FTLverse Beam Weapon together. Which meant that whilst it was primarily configured as an Anti-Bio Beam, it could also serve as a Fire Beam or a regular Laser Beam, or even one of Red Faction's 'Napalm Lasers', which, in fact, fired neither napalm nor lasers, but I digress.

Resting upon the mechanical beast's back was a Core - one almost half again as large as those used by the Bright Foundation, approximately three metres in radius. Like all of the Cores, it was wrapped in a series of spinning rings almost like a gyroscope, which Hope assured me were vital for its continued operation.

How she determined that, I was almost afraid to ask.

It appeared to be held in place by a number of thin metal braces, almost like ribbons or chains wrapped around the war machine and its 'cargo', but in reality it was just as securely attached as any other part of the robot.

Finishing off the design was a set of two triple-barreled munitions launchers, one on each of the shoulders. Whilst technically they could fire anything, they were designed by default to fire Pulse Grenades, for even more anti-biological goodness.

Between the anti-bio weaponry, the intense flames, and the Core filtering and purifying the atmosphere, this thing was designed with only one thing in mind - killing space bugs, zombies, and/or miscellaneous other biohazards.

Semi-related note, the Bright Foundation's core were two-for-two on stopping space monsters, which had some rather interesting implications. Unfortunately, most of the other horrific space monsters that came to mind were totally fine with oxygen-based atmospheres. Not that the Core's ability to filter air was any less useful because of it, but I doubted they'd be able to simply kill everything by poisoning the air.

Except they would be able to, because I could at any time alter the Core to produce different balances of gas. Though I would first need to figure out what kinds of chemicals a given target was weak too…

Anyway, moving on.

The monster packed four fabricators, two on each arm, which combined with the above mentioned firepower made it ironically a vastly superior chassis for a Commander than the Osiris. If I swapped out the Elysion Core for an AI Core and a Resource Core - man, I have a lot of Cores in my techbase, - then it would be perfect.

Buuuut... those would both add tremendously to the build time (well, the Resource Core would. AI Cores weren't so bad) and I didn't really care enough to bother designing a special variant just for that.

Once its design was tested and found adequate, I queued up two hundred from the assorted factories on the surface of Mars, spinning off another fork to control them as I did so. And then I sent the design to Hope.

"Hey, Hope. Meet the Purifier."

"Oh, wow, Faith," Hope said as she looked over the designs. "Now that's just mean."

---

Whilst one of my forks was preparing for a second invasion of the Plague Hive, I turned my attention elsewhere. Namely, Earth.

"Hey, Faith," Hope called out across the Command Network. "Your Orbital Launcher is done."

"Oh, right. I hadn't noticed. Thanks."

Said Orbital Launcher was my plan for actually getting to Earth, to see what I could steal from there.

Probably not a lot, but I'd already gotten most of what I wanted. Just a couple more things to grab, mainly from the Marauders. If Earth had anything interesting, it certainly hadn't shown up in game.

The first Orbital Fabricator took off in seconds, racing off to space upon a plume of smoke and fire, and quickly establishing a stable orbit. I queued up a sensor platform and an Orbital Factory, which would unfortunately take some time to complete, and then I could build a Pilgrim construction air cruiser. And with that, I could conquer the Earth.

Well, not literally - well, yes literally if I put my mind to it, but that wasn't my intention.

Instead, it was just going to fly close enough for me to access the internet - and frankly, I was amazed I couldn't do that from Mars, all things considered, - and then from there I'd be able to find out the locations of all the biggest tech development companies, and hopefully I'd also be able to find out what happened to Ultor.

I knew they were at least partially involved in the development of nanotechnology and in general Martian affairs, so if anyone was likely to have anything interesting, it was them.

I split off a fork to deal with that and moved my attention elsewhere once again.

---

The fork in charge of the Purifiers was doing an excellent job of utterly annihilating everything. The two hundred heavily armed mechs had been teleported straight into the heart of the Plague's hive, or as close as they could get. About a hundred were inside the hive proper, the rest in the larger tunnels leading out from the centre.

Though they hadn't found the Queen there, they had found an absolute shit-ton of Plague, and with their Anti-Bio weaponry, they didn't even flinch at the prospect of friendly fire. Radiation bursts lit the darkness, boiling, melting, and otherwise mutilating the flesh of everything in range. The tunnels were rapidly filling with dead and dying members of the Plague even before their Cores initialised, the black glassy orbs upon their backs suddenly igniting in flashes of blue, sucking in the nearby atmosphere and filtering it to the Earth standard.

Suddenly, the numbers of dead and dying bugs skyrocketed, and the Queen chose that moment to make her appearance, bursting from the ground dramatically with a furious roar.

It would have been very impressive, if not for the fact that the enormous chamber she emerged in contained just under one hundred Purifiers, and each and every one of them turned to her and fired as one unit, one hundred and ninety four high-intensity laser beams carving chunks from her body and incinerating what little remained.

With an incredibly anticlimactic squeal, the Queen slumped over and died. The Purifiers fired again, just to be sure. When the Queen didn't respond, they turned around and moved away, searching for any other pockets of Plague resistance that weren't quite gone yet. I doubted they'd get lucky.

Dumbass bugs with a stupid weakness, dead. Problem number one, solved. I ticked it off my mental checklist with some small satisfaction.

Terraformer, sorted. Bugs, sorted. Cool toys, stolen.

Now, to deal with all of Mars' little problems.

Last edited:
Personally, the whole Central-Figure-Vital-to-Entire-Faction thing is a disappointment, and is a Deus Ex plot device so people can make definitive ends to their plots.

I personally think there was more than one queen for the Plague, the others just died via suffocation. Ah well.

I have to admit, I like your Anti-Bio bot. Now you just need a nano forge/nano swarm creator Bot.

just under one hundred Purifiers, and each and every one of them turned to her and fired as one unit, one hundred and ninety four high-intensity laser beams

If the Purifiers mount one beam array, than you should have two hundred, or ninety four beams.

P.s. I'm sure we can all wait until you resolve any real-life troubles.

That was a sad, sad boss fight.

I think you needed a one liner there at the end.
It was unworthy. That was a speed bump. The Lume Titans gave stiffer resistance.
Personally, the whole Central-Figure-Vital-to-Entire-Faction thing is a disappointment, and is a Deus Ex plot device so people can make definitive ends to their plots.

I personally think there was more than one queen for the Plague, the others just died via suffocation. Ah well.
Yeah, it was a seriously disappointing fight in game, in several ways. It wasn't even difficult or challenging or, dare I say it, fun. It was just a whole heap of Shoot The Weak Spot For Massive Damage whilst dodging some incredibly poorly aimed laser attacks. And to make things worse, every bit of nearby terrain was solid, meaning the only ammo the Magnet Gun had was the corpses of dead enemies - which are not terribly effective weapons, unfortunately.

So, to make up for how disappointing its showing was in RF:A, I gave it an absolutely terrible showing here.

"It's time to kick Ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of Ass"
Knowing me, I would have stumbled over that line, made a stupid mistake, and have to repeat it.

I have to admit, I like your Anti-Bio bot. Now you just need a nano forge/nano swarm creator Bot.
Don't worry, the Invoker is on the way. Sooooon.

Thanks, fixed. Sometimes I don't even know if the beta readers are actually reading these chapters...

If the Purifiers mount one beam array, than you should have two hundred, or ninety four beams.

P.s. I'm sure we can all wait until you resolve any real-life troubles.
Hm...
Each arm contained an underslung Plasma Thrower and a 'wrist'-mounted Fabricator unit, in addition to its primary armament - an Anti-Bio Beam, the designs of which Hope had been able to quickly steal from an unsuspecting Slug military base back in the FTLverse.
Ah, I can see why you might be misunderstanding, looking at the paragraph above I phrased it rather poorly.

Each arm has a Beam Emitter, with a Plasma Thrower attached to the underside and a Fabricator on top. Which means a Purifier has 2 Beam Emitters. Again, really poor phrasing on my part. I'll get back and fix this later... maybe. If I don't forget.

It is pretty fucking metal, though.
Darius Mason, Memetic Space Asshole - beating motherfuckers with the corpses of other motherfuckers.

The impending corpses of live enemies make much better ammo.
Well, yeah, but in that fight the only enemies are Ravagers and trying to get a bead on the twitchy bastards is hard at the best of times, let alone when there's eight or nine of them plus the Queen shooting biolasers at you.

It's easier to just shoot them with the 'shees or the Shotty and then fling the corpses. Well, actually, it's easier to just shoot the Queen with the 'shees, but I digress.

64 - Consolidation
A bit earlier than I usually manage on a Wednesday. Yay! *confetti*

64 - Consolidation

Perhaps I misspoke.

The majority of Mars' problems were rather large - crazy cultists, terrible atmosphere, rampaging space bugs, that sort of thing, - and I had quickly stamped them out. On the other hand, there were very few other problems. There were so few people that crime was practically, although not entirely, nonexistent - as evidenced by the rather large prison in Bastion, housing almost one hundred inmates, - the water and food supplies were fine, if a little thinly-spread, and there was no shortage of work.

I threw down a couple of water 'purifiers' - that is, large tanks equipped with Fabricators to always keep them topped up, - near the Cores, providing every single Red Faction settlement on Mars with free, infinite sources of clean air and water. The Fabricator drew the matter to create the water from the Mars-based grid of Metal Extractors, consuming a whopping 0.1 units of mass per hour, which meant that even if I'd given all of the purifiers links to only one Extractor, it still could have dealt with it entirely for a couple of hundred years, minimum. Not that they'd need it that long, nor would they be using the water non-stop for a couple of hundred years (or so I hoped).

And with that done, I ran out of things to do. I set the Vehicle Fabricators to perform upgrades to the roads, gondolas and elevators that linked the settlements, repaving roads, repairing structures, and fine-tuning power conduits and relays for maximum efficiency. Those, too, I linked into my own Mars-based resource grid, ensuring they would never run out of energy, because I'm nice like that.

And then I sent a couple dozen spies straight into the heart of the Marauder State.

---

Turns out, neither people nor Red Faction-verse sensors can detect things that are only 40% attached to reality. How do I know this? Well, a six foot tall robot in bright white armour and glowing green LEDs all over its body just walked down a busy corridor in the middle of the Marauder's military compound, ran its hand along the bank of computer terminals whilst spewing nanomachines from its fingers, and then turned around and walked out, and not one alarm was sounded. No one even so much as blinked at it, except on the odd occasion where the Avatar Droid's slightly faulty pathfinding subroutine would send it careering into something - or someone.

Regardless, nothing bad came of my thirty-odd expeditions into Marauder territory. With Hope's assistance, I shrunk down the Phase Cloak Generator to infantry size and mounted it on a couple of my units, and when I'd teleported them into Marauder territory with no reaction I figured I might as well loot them to the bedrock whilst I was there.
So I did.

Libraries, school terminals, military archives… everything short of written diaries and journals.

And for my troubles, I received quite a haul. I walked away with Singularity tech, Nano Rifle tech, Red Faction-verse shielding tech (form fitting, as opposed to FTL's bubble), and a fair amount of nanotechnology research notes, some of which even dated back to the Ultor days.

And no one even noticed I was there.

FTLverse stealth tech OP.

Please don't nerf.

---

Once I was done squeeing like a fangirl over my new shinies (seriously, MICRO SINGULARITY GENERATORS. That shit's AWESOME) I realised there was one more little thing I could do for the people of Mars.

I dug up the designs for the FTLverse' FTL Beacons, complete with FTL communicator, and quickly threw together a modified version of the Solar Panel Satellite to serve as a communications relay.

One of them in Earth Orbit, one in Mars Orbit, and bam, instant, lag free internet for Mars. Well, I'd need several in Mars Orbit to achieve that totally - even though most of the settlements were within one geographical area, it was still easier to split up the server load and cast the net a little wider by use of multiple relays.

Also, they'd need receivers planetside. After a couple of quick checks with the 'modern' Martian computers I'd scanned in both Red Faction and Marauder territory, I played around with the transmission formatting before happening across a method that would allow the system to automatically convert Earth-formatted web pages into a format more suited to the older, more rugged Martian architecture. It was a little thing, but it would do until the Martians inevitably figured out how to update their computers to… uh, Windows Supreme, apparently. Huh.

Meanwhile, speaking of Earth's internet...

---

The internet is wonderful. Well, except the porn bits. For fairly obvious reasons, there was a staggeringly huge number of large corporations who used it for various things, such as advertisment, fund transfers, and sharing research (sometimes).

After quickly skimming the internet for a few key words and phrases, I determined the locations of all the critical corporations, the major players in the fields of physics, genetics, bioengineering, nanoengineering, and pretty much everything else that caught my fancy. And then everything else, just for kicks. I sent my Pilgrim out, its orders simple. Find the target corporation's building, teleport some nanites down in the form of a nanite-bomb, hack their systems, and steal everything.

After looking at the estimated completion time (approximately two hours), I decided that that would take far too long with one ship alone, and queued up five more.

Even with six Pilgrims assigned to the task, it would still be a rather boring and menial wait. Luckily, I had access to the internet and about one hundred and sixty years of stuff to catch up on.

First stop, Reddit.

---

Turns out that nothing on Earth was even remotely as interesting as the Marauder State's technology, weapon wise.

Outside of that, they had some neat stuff, in terms of infrastructure, appliances, furniture… things that would have been useful if I wasn't a giant death robot, basically. It was a little disappointing, really, because it meant that the whole twenty-minute-long endeavour had been a massive waste of time. It represented almost twenty five percent of my time in the Red Faction universe, for crying out loud.

Luckily, twenty minutes real-time meant many thousands of hours subjectively, and I managed to catch up on a fair amount of stuff. The timeline apparently diverged from what I knew at around 2006, with the start of the Russian-North Korean war, which was an odd and slightly terrifying prospect, but that was long enough in the past that it was barely even worth noting in 'present' times.

Skipping over that to waste time on Reddit seemed almost a little pathetic, but… well, I didn't really have much else to do. Using a massively ridiculous number of forks, Hope and I logged several hundred simultaneous hours in a couple of video games, including some shitty Halo clone and the original StarCraft, read several million words of fanfic, watched a few hundred animes, and, in a bout of incredibly intense boredom, copied the entire contents of Wikipedia into my own archive.

Finally, though, the Pilgrims reported that they were done with theirs scans, and that pretty much every important scrap of scientific or engineering knowledge on Earth had been copied into my own database.

And thank god for that.

---

Given the abrupt end of things to do, Hope and I took a moment to look through all our hard work - that is, all the stuff we'd stolen from the unsuspecting people of Mars (and Earth), - to figure out what could, and what couldn't, be used.

End result - almost all of it could be used. Mostly the weaponry. The Nanoforge had some unique applications, but all of them could be replicated by my own systems in a far more efficient way. The Marauder's energy shields were useful, and actually rather powerful, standing up to rockets far better than the Phase Shields had, but I feared that they would lose effectiveness on larger units. Something for further testing.

The weapons, though… oh, boy. The weapons were almost all useful to us, in some capacity.

The uniquely designed nanites of the Nano Rifle were able to be overcharged beyond their power cell's capacity, which is what allowed them to travel so far from the energy transmission system (in this case, the gun) before losing power. That was something I could use, even if it wouldn't be too helpful as a weapon. That said, its use as a weapon was mainly countered by the fact that I could just straight up teleport the nanites to the target, without need of a launch mechanism such as a rifle, rather than a lack of efficiency, so… there's that?

Microsingularity tech was… also rather interesting. It projected an energy field that was able to both trigger and contain nuclear fusion, which would then super-condense and collapse into a micro black hole.

Somehow.

Also, scalable. Ship based 'micro' singularity generator? Sure, why not. I made a special note to test that far, far away from everything else, lest it grow into an actual singularity.

The people at Ultor may have been absolutely stark raving mad half of the time, but they were brilliant scientists. Rather than continue to bang our heads against it, Hope and I moved on to the next item on our checklist.

Best gun.

The Magnet Gun. The go-to weapon for beating motherfuckers with the other, dead, motherfuckers. Or other live motherfuckers, if your aim's good.

The Magnet Gun launched a pair of powerful electromagnetic anchors, linked to each other by way of a directed magnetic attraction stream. This attraction stream, maintained by internal generators and nanotech-based computer, allowed the Magnet Gun's anchors to exert incredible attractive force on each other, capable of sending creature, rocks, vehicles, and chunks of building flying with enough force to break apart (both itself and its target) on impact.

And, based on a few of our preliminary tests, it worked well against almost everything else, too. And, it was scalable.

Which meant that not only did we have infantry scale Magnet Guns, but that we could scale them up, mount a few booster rockets on the anchors, and use them as makeshift Magnet Torpedoes. Now, I could launch two Magnet Torpedoes at two separate targets and then activate them, pulling the Magnet Torpedoes (and, by extension, whatever they'd clamped onto) together at rather high speeds for a brutal crushing impact.

I wasn't sure how useful it was going to be against enemy ships, but it promised to be funny, and if nothing else, I could use it to sling around asteroids.

It beat Halleys, at least.

---

The two of us stepped thowards the portal together, the glowing aperture shimmering before us as our structures and units - the majority of them, anyway, - began to self-destruct, wasting away to dust in the wind and scattering across the planet. Convoys of IFVs broke apart in seconds, blown away with the dust. The Metal Extractors (save for few very remote ones) and Energy Generators (again)

"Oh, hey. You know what we didn't do? Send a message to the Red Faction telling them about the prison."

"Eh. Either they'll stumble across it, figure it out, and deal with it, or they won't, and then it's more of a case of 'no harm, no foul', right?"

I looked through the portal, at the now-desolate hub world, and then back across my shoulder at the barren wastes of the Martian surface.

"Eh, fuck it. Not like we care. Now, Hope… You remember how I originally created you to make space ships?"

She nodded.

As I stepped through the portal, I asked, "How're you going with that?"

"Well, to be honest…"

I almost immediately cut her off as my eyes (well, sensors) picked up an enormous object in orbit. An enormous unnatural object. "Hope…"

"Yeeeesssss?"

I could tell at that moment she was wearing a smug grin. I could practically hear it in her voice. I was now officially scared. Of myself.

"What, in the name of all things holy, is that?"

Ooh, I like the wind-up. Let's see how Faith does at actual ship description.

Where's my popcorn? And I feel like I'm gonna need a cigarette too, cause I got a feeling this is gonna be gooood. ;)

(I don't actually smoke though.)

Back