[Endbringer Quest] The Last Among Beasts!

Well, still prefer a balanced mix between a defensive or goal oriented Thinker ability with a destructive power, but that does make the alternative more palatable.

NSMS said:
For an enhancement, would upgrading the dimensional anchorage of Unholy Might to allow us to always express our maximum possible strength regardless of leverage, wind-up time, etc, be acceptable?
Needs to relate to the shards you have so if you can justify it with them then fine. But you need to justify it.

Xicree said:
Needs to relate to the shards you have so if you can justify it with them then fine. But you need to justify it.
Use the Homeostasis Shard to stabilise and increase effectiveness of the dimensional anchorage? Use the Barrier Shard to destabilise the dimensional space we inhabit as we move and force our movements to instantaneously reach their peak of strength (similar mechanism to Wave Motion Cannon)?

NSMS said:
Use the Homeostasis Shard to stabilise and increase effectiveness of the dimensional anchorage? Use the Barrier Shard to destabilise the dimensional space we inhabit as we move and force our movement to instantaneously reach their peak of strength (similar mechanism to Wave Motion Cannon)?
You could use a conserved momentum mechanic like what I used for my write in, but that's easier to justify for linear force unless we're spinning when we do it(Dance! Bacchus! Dance!).

NSMS said:
Use the Homeostasis Shard to stabilise and increase effectiveness of the dimensional anchorage? Use the Barrier Shard to destabilise the dimensional space we inhabit as we move and force our movements to instantaneously reach their peak of strength (similar mechanism to Wave Motion Cannon)?
Thats... not quite optimal...

Mainly because Barrier's biggest advantage is that it is an inherently Unstable system set into a stable pattern for use. It can't be too stable or it looses effectiveness, and it can't be too unstable or it falls apart. Homeostasis can manage the process more efficiently, so there have already been marginal gains, but unless you are going to do something like the 'Overdrive' skill... I don't see that being that effective. There's a reason why there's a separate skill for it.

An effective upgrade would be that Tactile TK upgrade which someone had earlier. Particularly if it gives you better control over your applications of force.
veekie said:
You could use a conserved momentum mechanic like what I used for my write in, but that's easier to justify for linear force unless we're spinning when we do it(Dance! Bacchus! Dance!).
Conserved Momentum would also be a useful upgrade.

Can we stick a homeostasis effect to "Strength Above ALL" that would leech away at the force of projectiles/missile and move use it to empower/mend ourselves? Does that count as an upgrade or a new ability?

The defensive portion of it would need to be a new ability.

Storing up on power, that's doable.

oh okay, Homeostasis to Unbearable Force, everytime we punch things, a portion (1-5%?) of the force exerted would remain and being added to our next punch, repeat.
No?

Mostly I'm thinking by conserving rotational momentum, we could start windmilling our arms so they constantly build up force, while also moving in a dance pattern, giving our entire torso a different set of rotation, and if we want to get fancy, backflips.

Breakdancing Endbringer.

veekie said:
Mostly I'm thinking by conserving rotational momentum, we could start windmilling our arms so they constantly build up force, while also moving in a dance pattern, giving our entire torso a different set of rotation, and if we want to get fancy, backflips.

Breakdancing Endbringer.
Your uncloaked form is a gigantic gorilla like humaniod with a gigantic 'cape' of trailing tentacles.

I could totally see it.

Edited this into my original vote, replacing the initial write-in
Dance of Bacchus(Homeostasis, improves Unholy Might) – Applies Homeostasis on our own body to conserve rotational momentum within the whole body and within individual parts, allowing each part to gain and maintain a high powered spin through a vigorous breakdancing motion.

Also incidentally all that flipping about should help make it harder to get a clean shot at antennae without a Thinker doing the aiming.

veekie said:
Edited this into my original vote, replacing the initial write-in
You might want to clarify that its supposed to be an Upgrade rather than a passive unto itself. And it might help to repost your choice list for newcomers. Just remember to strike out the old stuff.

... Hey...

Can we get a new power?

A Master power?

A power that lets us command the vicious beasties we make. Mwahahaha.

Call it an Adaptation Shard based power.

XenonPrime said:
'Oh god now the Endbringer's doing backflips!'

'It gets worse! He's river dancing those guys to death!'
As it turns out, the Endbringer's are actually challenging Humanity to a dance off every time they appear. They are currently very frustrated that no one has actually taken them up on the challenge as of yet, choosing instead to engage them in combat. They usually take out this frustration on the surrounding environment and their parahuman adversaries that refuse the challenge.

I wonder if Eidolon has a shard out there that gives him mad dance skills.

Tweaked it a bit to clarify upgradey-ness.
Dance of Bacchus(Homeostasis, upgrade for Unholy Might) – Applies Homeostasis on our own body to conserve rotational momentum within the whole body and within individual parts, allowing each part to gain and maintain a high powered spin through a vigorous breakdancing motion.
XenonPrime said:
'Oh god now the Endbringer's doing backflips!'

'It gets worse! He's river dancing those guys to death!'
We're gonna need some ground resonance earthquakes to do riverdance properly.

Garlak said:
... Hey...

Can we get a new power?

A Master power?

Put together specifics of how it would work then make a write in.

Garlak said:
... Hey...

Can we get a new power?

A Master power?

Nothing in our three shards fits that, we got:
-Adaptation - Change self or others to improve compatibility with certain criteria.
-Barrier - Isolates or combines spatial connections between places and dimensions, basically making it so that Here no longer connects to There.
-Homeostasis - Induce a change which enforces a status quo.
Combining that with internal/external direction gives us our power option.

For Master we'd need something for Communication, Administration or the like.
EDIT: We could nom Heartbreaker for LOVE POWER.

Back