[Endbringer Quest II] Birth of Beasts. (Thread 2)

veekie said:
The problem is Triumvirate capes would be showing very quickly, and it'd be the most rapidly organized response outside the Yangban.

Handy thing is in a straight fight we can handle the Yangban fairly well with Tactical Adaptation and Neutron Annihilator. They use the same set of powers across most units, so once we account for their abilities and recover, we can put up a very long fight. At the least, it means the RiTaC bonus round is going to be spectacular.
The Triumvirate-you mean the three people we beat up last mission?

It remains that they've managed to actually hurt us, and are the most likely to provoke and reveal our Duel response..

Mr. Magnificent said:
If I understand it right the YanBan brainwash people into their organization?
SO if we start up RiTaC and fail to take out the critical members they will brainwash the newly triggered people into their organization and spread the new powers among them, making them stronger than they were before.

Sounds like that one could really backfire. :)
Yes, extremely. For that reason alone, One must fall.

Oh right, I forgot we'd be getting upgraded from nearby Thinkers

The Yangban would be having quite a few as think-tanks.

Since if I recall correctly we can eject previous consumption targets to get new ones if we feel like it and the one at the end is the one that really matters we can eat random generic Yangban #687 to get the mover powers and such to keep up with the rest of the Yangban and then eject him to get one of the important guys.

I personally favor Null as our consumption target but Two could be nice as well since his successful hunt reward will probably be overdrive. Null lets us do power fuckery upgrades like every creature that triggered in RITAC stealing the powers of those they kill or sharing powers with every other RITAC paracritter. One would let us turn all our RITAC creatures into endbringer cultists along with select capes or similar fun stuff but that's more our dear sister's schtick. And who knows maybe if we do wind up being driven off while still holding generic Yangban person we might be able to track the alterations to his powers back to Null's shard.

Joebobjoe said:
Since if I recall correctly we can eject previous consumption targets to get new ones if we feel like it and the one at the end is the one that really matters we can eat random generic Yangban #687 to get the mover powers and such to keep up with the rest of the Yangban and then eject him to get one of the important guys.

I personally favor Null as our consumption target but Two could be nice as well since his successful hunt reward will probably be overdrive. Null lets us do power fuckery upgrades like every creature that triggered in RITAC stealing the powers of those they kill or sharing powers with every other RITAC paracritter. One would let us turn all our RITAC creatures into endbringer cultists along with select capes or similar fun stuff but that's more our dear sister's schtick. And who knows maybe if we do wind up being driven off while still holding generic Yangban person we might be able to track the alterations to his powers back to Null's shard.
Would be a good idea to just hotswap Yangban until we get Mover powers like we need yeah.

I'd favor getting One personally. That brainwashing ability would go a long way towards making RiTaC more focused in it's aggression.

Eh, not jumping on the bandwagon but I'll be happy with America too. Just think that China would be better.

Hmmmm perhaps we should go for a good mover this time around when we look for powers?

Even if we aren't good for it now I'd still like a shot at China.

Gnarker said:
Frankly, I wouldn't get too worked up about specific powers. Last time we snatched a Blaster, and got trapping fields out of it as possible upgrades. As long as we keep eyes open for interesting background capes, I trust Xicree to provide us with interesting options.
Also consider that in the name of balance, overpowered canon shards are likely to be tweaked to be weaker, while seemingly weak 'no-name'-shards are possible to hold very interesting options.
In this case we're going for mission oriented grabs. Depends on if we get access to the full Yangban suite with one snatch or if we get the base power, and if the other Yangban lose the power we acquired.

We could always sort out the long term prize after. But if we get an experienced shard, studying it's humanity would be good.

Makuta said:
While I don't care for shipping, getting Taylor's Admin shard should boost us quite a bit.
If we do get access to Skitter's shard, I would advise extreme caution and possibly avoiding going after the Shard directly.

Because I've got a hunch that going Shard to Shard with the Queen Administrator, who's job is to control other Shards, would not end well.

Nervaqus987 said:
If we do get access to Skitter's shard, I would advise extreme caution and possibly avoiding going after the Shard directly.

Because I've got a hunch that going Shard to Shard with the Queen Administrator, who's job is to control other Shards, would not end well.
that has bad end written aaaalllll over it.

Chances are, Administrator will be one of the 'off-limit' Shards.

Well at the end of the day I think I'm going to gave to go with.
[X] America: Killed the cat

As much as it irks me to have to pass up a shot at the yang boys, I'd rather take it later and do it right then make an attempt and botch it.

[X] America: Killed the cat

Yangbang leadership seems WAY too likely to teleport away if things start going poorly. Brazil is a problem mainly because people are talking about going there for the biomass to fuel RiTaC, but that will make us fail the primary objective. We don't want to destroy the city in Brazil, just kill the leadership.

Back