Elysian Odyssey (EU4 Quest - Byzantium in the New World)

[X] Long term investments
-[X] Build a large church with the icons from Old Constantinople. (50 Silver)
-[X] The Farms of Odessos: 100 Diplomatic Points (3->5)
-[X] The Grand Cothon of Ivos (600 Silver)
-[X] Expand the Imperial Court (-48 Silver)
-[X] Form an Allagia from the Militia (-4 Silver) [Repeatable] [0/10] x3

Going with an expanded court to increase our admin and diplomatic points and 3 groups of Allagia to help defend our empire. This will cost most of our current income but the increased trade and developing more land with our increased court will make up for it.

On an unrelated note, it appears all of our estates are quite pleased with us, which is good. Only the dynatoi don't have the max possible loyalty, and even then only by five points.
Max possible loyalty is probably 100. But that requires giving the estates a lot of long-term concessions and privileges. What we have now is estates close to setpoint loyalty. Sayle explained previously that the X/Y estate loyalty is "current value" / "value it drifts towards", so it's possible to have for example 70/50 loyalty if you give the estates short-term bribes.

We should definitely build the large church and then get started on the cothon. Trade is more important than irrigation, especially if we're persistently refusing to develop Ivos.

[X] Build a large church with the icons from Old Constantinople. (50 Silver)
[X] The Farms of Odessos: 100 Diplomatic Points (3->5)
[X] The Grand Cothon of Ivos (600 Silver)
[X] Building Boom
-[X] Form an Allagia from the Militia (-4 Silver) [Repeatable] [0/10]
-[X] The Roads of Alouion (100 Silver)
-[X] The Roads of Ivos (100 Silver)
-[X] Sponsor Workshops in Methenai (100 Silver)
-[X] Sponsor Workshops in Atlapolis (100 Silver)
-[X] Import New Advances from Portugal (150 Silver) [Gain Technology Earlier]

The Idea here is to keep growing our based while teeing up the northern tribe for vassalization. Tech is our biggest edge lets not loose it. The Cothon is shiny for sure, but there is plenty of room to grow right here. In the longer term I would like to get control of the Hudson.
ummm actually the irrigation project is probs either a population boom or a major increase in our income from grain in the capital. Perhaps both. Remember guys 9 times out of 10 the greater the cost of the project the greater the reward. I have little doubt that this will be a big reward.

and I am urbanizing Ivos since we can do that this turn and still afford the office next turn.

Last edited:

[X] Plan maximize gains
-[X] The Urbanisation of Ivos: 124 Administrative Points (1->3)
-[X] Irrigation Channels in Nea Konstantinopolis (500 Silver)
-[X] Form an Allagia from the Militia (-4 Silver) [Repeatable] [0/10] x2

If I remember the last game correctly, expanding the Imperial Court gives us an increase in Monarch points. Though it gives us a big increase to our upkeep.
Getting the next level right now would have almost 50% of our budget being taken up by just the upkeep on the Imperial Court. As well as severely cut into our net income.

But on the other hand, think of all the development we could do with the extra points.

Last edited:
[X] Building Boom
-[X] Form an Allagia from the Militia (-4 Silver) [Repeatable] [0/10]
-[X] The Roads of Ivos (100 Silver)
-[X] Sponsor Workshops in Methenai (100 Silver)
-[X] Sponsor Workshops in Atlapolis (100 Silver)
-[X] Import New Advances from Portugal (150 Silver) [Gain Technology Earlier]

[X] Plan maximize gains

If I remember the last game correctly, expanding the Imperial Court gives us an increase in Monarch points. Though it gives us a big increase to our upkeep.
Getting the next level right now would have almost 50% of our budget being taken up by just the upkeep on the Imperial Court. As well as severely cut into our net income.

But on the other hand, think of all the development we could do with the extra points.
I would agree but there are not many options atm while there are plenty of options for using our silver so I think we should keep the Imperial court on the back burner for now. Our current ruler while not amazing is decent enough to not need the boost it grants.

Doesn't building the church with old icons put them at risk seeing as they won't be in Elysian territory? Might be bad if they get attacked and looted/destroyed.

Doesn't building the church with old icons put them at risk seeing as they won't be in Elysian territory? Might be bad if they get attacked and looted/destroyed.
Not any more in danger than a church in some of the more dangerous parts of Europe back in the dark ages and they were often made that way. Plus it says old icons not necessarily gold and or silver but could just be extremely well made carvings of marble or paintings.

......... I just realized looking at the map we own Maryland, Delaware, most of New Jersey and most of Virginia....

We own WAY more lands than I thought we did jeez.

[X] Build a church with new icons and decoration. (20 Silver)

[X] Plan maximize gains

I'm pretty down for this plan, however, I would prefer the icons from Old Constantinople to be put into a grand cathedral in New Constantinople that could rival the Hagia Sophia

......... I just realized looking at the map we own Maryland, Delaware, most of New Jersey and most of Virginia....

We own WAY more lands than I thought we did jeez.
"Own" may be an overly strong word. :tongue: I think it's more like we stuck up flags across these territories, and most of them haven't been knocked down yet because nobody cared to dispute it. But a lot of the land probably has neither people on it, nor enforcement of our claim against dispute.

"Own" may be an overly strong word. :tongue: I think it's more like we stuck up flags across these territories, and most of them haven't been knocked down yet because nobody cared to dispute it. But a lot of the land probably has neither people on it, nor enforcement of our claim against dispute.
well ya but we have at least a nominal presence in them.

[X] Plan maximize gains
-[X] The Urbanisation of Ivos: 124 Administrative Points (1->3)
-[X] Irrigation Channels in Nea Konstantinopolis (500 Silver)
-[X] Form an Allagia from the Militia (-4 Silver) [Repeatable] [0/10] x2

That really what a lot of colonization was. Countries staked claims on land no other country had and proclaimed it was theirs. And if nobody protested it really was theirs. Doesn't matter if you don't actually have the colonists or force projection to hold down the place. You still get to draw your new territory on the map and make your color bigger than the others.

Never mind if people were already there. Because as the meme argument goes, if they don't have a flag they're not a real country.

Back