The real hero of the Dragonball series writ large is undeniably Yamcha, who not only got a stable job of his own but had reached a true, enjoyable profession that isn't simply sponging off the livelihood of others or roughing it in the wilderness, and/or living off prize money. Mind, this is the man who started out as a cutthroat living in a cave in a desert who made a living mugging the occasional passerby. Guy really turned his life around.

Though, he did spend a fair amount of time mooching, and I don't know how much fulfillment he got in his sports career.... which must be the most casually easy thing for him considering his stats, it's really unfair for a chi user to compete in baseball!

Meanwhile, Krillin got a job as a police officer (where it's *perfectly good* to be unfairly powerful!) and has a loving relationship with his family. Or there's 18, who has a loving family and got her money off Mr. Satan ^^

Yajirobe true hero of dbz, saved world against vegeta and king piccolo.

Plus imagine how they would gave survived without bean daddies delivery service.

It does strike me as odd that Yajirobe trained hard enough to become equal to early-KP-saga Goku, and then just kinda... stopped.

And how he has one of the only effective weapons in the series- between him and Trunks you'd think more people would use swords!

It does strike me as odd that Yajirobe trained hard enough to become equal to early-KP-saga Goku, and then just kinda... stopped.

And how he has one of the only effective weapons in the series- between him and Trunks you'd think more people would use swords!
Well, there's... Zamasu, who uses ki blades, which shows to be a lot more effective that punching because SWORDS.

Oh yea, and the drug needle in the interworld tournament, which I am really surprised worked so well.

Tech that mimics ki can get pretty formidable- see also androids.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't really mimic ki, just uses it. All bar Android 16 were actually cyborgs, remember, with full organic parts (and 16's omission makes less sense when you consider he could have been a rebuilt Gero Jr rather than just modelled after him), and Android 19 and 20 were both equipped with mechanisms specifically to drain ki and convert it into a power source for themselves.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't really mimic ki, just uses it. All bar Android 16 were actually cyborgs, remember, with full organic parts (and 16's omission makes less sense when you consider he could have been a rebuilt Gero Jr rather than just modelled after him), and Android 19 and 20 were both equipped with mechanisms specifically to drain ki and convert it into a power source for themselves.
Weren't the Z Fighters incapable of sensing the androids since they used "artificial ki" or something?

16 makes plenty of sense!

Otherwise we wouldn't have had the whole 'I am ANDROID 16' scene

Sure, but it sounded to me like the androids 16-17-18 got their power from some sort of implanted device- hence their never running out. Granted, not definitive, but it'd fit with 16.

Then there's also Frieza's forces energy blasters, which seemed set in power and thus presumably didn't draw off the user's ki. Which makes 'em pretty uber by normal standards, when you think about it, and fits with the ring blaster in Resurrection of F.

...I'm fairly sure, if Yuusuke can defeat S-Rank demons he can blow up the planet...just not as easily as a DBZ character like Cell.

As for the Androids, it seems like they WERE getting energy from implants but since Cell needed to track 17 and 18 down rather than just pop round to Gero's lab to grab a few spare, that they were 'unique' in some way. Yes, the main gang couldn't sense the androids because of their 'android energy' or something (which always confused me, because a lot of the Z fighters being able to REACT to fights at that speed was actually unconsious use of ki to read their surroundings, they were moving much to fast for their eyes to really be useful....though that might explain why the androids were kicking Vegeta's ass (other than being more powerful than him in general)).

...I'm fairly sure, if Yuusuke can defeat S-Rank demons he can blow up the planet...just not as easily as a DBZ character like Cell.

I'm not sure if S-class demons... or at least most of them... can do the 'blow up a planet' thing. Like, go across the surface and wipe it clear of life, to be sure, but I don't think they'd reach planet popping. Maybe the 3 kings.

As for the Androids, it seems like they WERE getting energy from implants but since Cell needed to track 17 and 18 down rather than just pop round to Gero's lab to grab a few spare, that they were 'unique' in some way. Yes, the main gang couldn't sense the androids because of their 'android energy' or something (which always confused me, because a lot of the Z fighters being able to REACT to fights at that speed was actually unconsious use of ki to read their surroundings, they were moving much to fast for their eyes to really be useful....though that might explain why the androids were kicking Vegeta's ass (other than being more powerful than him in general)).

The generators of those three were odd, not the least in that not even 19 and 20 had them, even though their unlimited energy seemed superior to power absorption.

I guess maybe power absorption could allow an absorber type to grow past the unlimited energy types, maybe even quickly, but the initial gap was so big that strikes me as unlikely.

(And to evoke GT, combining the two in Super 17 did kinda make sense)

Also for a long time I assumed that the androids were pretty much stuck at that level, but I hear in Super that 18 has trained up and is now around even with Piccolo...? That model just seems *better*.

I guess maybe power absorption could allow an absorber type to grow past the unlimited energy types, maybe even quickly, but the initial gap was so big that strikes me as unlikely.

Not to me.

Remember Cell?

In his first appearance, he could barely fight even with Piccolo. After he nomm'd down on a couple cities, he was able to casually slap down both Piccolo and 17.

Now think about what Gero and 19's first target was.

Odds are, those two could have escalated fast if Goku and crew hadn't jumped on them from the word go.

Back