Probably at least a few thousand mortal cultivators.

Now it really depends whether they are civic or sophic cultivators. Because philosophers can keep training their rhetoric and a very good one may very well argue Zagreus into circles if he doesn't get serious.

Probably at least a few thousand mortal cultivators.

Now it really depends whether they are civic or sophic cultivators. Because philosophers can keep training their rhetoric and a very good one may very well argue Zagreus into circles if he doesn't get serious.
I dont think so, he was already as strong as Sócrates when he was in the sophic realm and as a Hero he was able to fight pseudo tirants. I would say that he is as strong as Damon aetos and his cousins when they entered the Hero realm, well when they entered the fourth level.

The strenght of a philosopher in my opinion isn't defined by their might, but by their logic. Fighting Socrates shouldn't be terrifying because he can punch your face or predict all your moves and strategies, but because he can do that while also dissecting you and questioning your entire point of view and creed and using that to thoroughly break your ego and assumptions.

And even a Hero can break under those things, words will cut deeper than any other attack.

I am ever grateful for bruno showing me virtuous sons, I already knew about it but only recently got myself into reading it.

Last edited:
I dont think so, he was already as strong as Sócrates when he was in the sophic realm and as a Hero he was able to fight pseudo tirants. I would say that he is as strong as Damon aetos and his cousins when they entered the Hero realm, well when they entered the fourth level.
Uh no? Socrates is able to fight multiple tyrants at once hes exceptional even when fighting tyrants while zagreus could fight at the level of a pseudo tyrant. There's a big difference. Also when I said mortal I meant those who aren't literally gods yet.

For cultivators of Virtue even a mortal can stalemate a Hero or Tyrant if they manipulate the situation and give a good enough argument as to why pulping them would somehow violate their virtue and principle.

Primarily because if they violate it at best they would damage themselves and at worst cripple their cultivation.

For cultivators of Virtue even a mortal can stalemate a Hero or Tyrant if they manipulate the situation and give a good enough argument as to why pulping them would somehow violate their virtue and principle.

Primarily because if they violate it at best they would damage themselves and at worst cripple their cultivation.
And Socrates could apparently fight multiple tyrants at once. I don't see your point from what we've been told Zagreus was not equal to Socrates as a sophic realm cultivator he was a pseudo tyrant in power at his peak state. Socrates could always fight with multiple tyrants at once.

While heroes from Iron Age would be mostly a wash, Damon Aethos and his brothers, especially the one who died, would be able to contest with him. He is closer to the standard of the Heroic Age, people like Arachne who outperformed a goddess and Heracles who broke Adamantine chains, manifestation of heavenly law, would have the upper hands in their specialties due to Zagreus more generalistic build.

Socrates' epithet was the Gadfly for a reason. He outperformed heroes from the iron age in terms of baseline stats. Jason acted like crossing Socrates was courting death and the rest of the heroes weren't far behind. Even Socrates said he would uphold justice even against a hero. The guy is a paragon, he is his own standard of what a philosopher could be. Calling him ordinary is like calling Griffon mediocre.

The strenght of a philosopher in my opinion isn't defined by their might, but by their logic. Fighting Socrates shouldn't be terrifying because he can punch your face or predict all your moves and strategies, but because he can do that while also dissecting you and questioning your entire point of view and creed and using that to thoroughly break your ego and assumptions.

And even a Hero can break under those things, words will cut deeper than any other attack.

I am ever grateful for bruno showing me virtuous sons, I already knew about it but only recently got myself into reading it.
Cultivation begins and ends with Virtue. Socrates, is considered the most rational of all men, considering Wisdom is one of the four Cardinal Virtues then it makes sense Socrates is a faithful approximation of an 'ideal' philosopher. The only other we saw come close was Aristoples so...

Hey bruno. I want know your opinion about re:zero. This world needs hero dearly, but i don't know if zagreus could pull it out.

Hey bruno. I want know your opinion about re:zero. This world needs hero dearly, but i don't know if zagreus could pull it out.
Immunity to natural law is a hell of a drug. Socrates said it best when he expressed that the line between acts of nature and acts of cultivation was an arbitrary one. Witch factors would not save anyone from an ass beating and trying to seize a heroic heart is a mad venture. If Momonga is prone to get set aflame by greek fire by the backlash from grasp heart spell then Satela seizing it directly would be in far more danger. That is why Dragon God Orsterd who despite having enough power to destroy the world lives by the 'git gud' mindset has far better chances to beat Zagreus with both hands behind his back than those chumps who fall back to hax to coast their way through life.

I wouldn't want to see re:zero simply because it's nowhere near finished and has a lot of unknowns. It'd be like going to one piece before the time skip.

SHIKIGAMI
Alright since Bruno couldn't be bothered to take five minutes to gather what he's posted for Zagreus's Shikigami I've gone and gathered what he has here. Valkyrie Vulture is posted twice but I felt each description gave a bit of different info so kept both.

However @BrunofanofK is it Borderline Logic Urchin or Kaleidoscope Logic Urchin you've been using the latter whenever it's been mentioned in fic but I wanted to make sure. Also is there anything else you want to add about Zagreus's Shikigami?

Valkyrie Vulture (Endless soul) - the keystone of Zagreus' undead army, she serves as an external storage for body and soul information, similar to how Rika store cursed techniques for Yuta, allowing Zagreus to create an undead army on demand without fear of preserving them. Zagreus basically had this shikigami eat all the undead puppets he kept around and greatly facilitated the creation of zombie chimeras by mixing their bodies' information.

Moonless Cerberus (Changeling Soul) - using the information of the moonless beast as a base together with the principle of [construction] cursed technique to create a hound version of t-1000 made of liquid shadow. It is exceptionally sturdy due to its ability to mitigate damage by splitting into smaller hounds, making it a great crowd-control, mixed with the versatility and adaptability of construction and its sharp senses put this shikigami as Zagreus version of Megumi's divine dogs.

Poisonous Anura (Decrepit Soul) - an amphibian monster well suited for aquatic combat, a salamander aquatic dragon endowed with a hallucinogenic poison-coated body capable of cutting at people's core, their greatest fears and insecurities. He also possesses a breathing weapon version of said attack.

Batavian Glass Armadillo (Latent Soul) - A translucent armored body is capable of storing all energy of any attack as kinetic energy, similar to [inverse] but actually closer to Dante's royal guard. It possesses a critical weakness in the funny bone of its tail, similar to a batavian teardrop.

[Tyrant Raptor] shikigami is a murder machine of mathematical perfection. Taking the form of a vermilion cybernetic drake, it is a nuclear jet fighter capable of reaching up to Mach 7, surpassing any aircraft created by human hands. Born from the excellence of the [Dominating soul], it carries the element of fire. This manifests as a passionate flame that is stroked by Will to Power.

Hearth Snake (Caressing soul) - a support type, she serves as a healer and moral support type by mixing the life-fostering properties of the fire element with the Life aspect of the Wheel Turning. Capable of warding off places and serving as an alarm like a portable 'safe zone'.

Wonderland Cat (Blank soul) - crowd control type, his Cheshire smug feline uses Rher's smothering to manipulate coordinates and promote confusion, helping allies reach where they are meant to be and obstructing enemies' path.

Borderline Logic Urchin (Enlightened soul) - [I retconned Osha's element from wind to water since Mastermind is a coral] This marine lifeform can move around by floating, its spikes are coated with a 'wine poison' that reveals concealed truth and double as truth serum. Its eye serve as a good spotter and it can attack by firing its spikes and promoting them to explode into more, mimicking the basic [resonance] cursed technique.

Multichromatic Peacock (Radiant soul) - a support type, its colorful peacock exotic dance has the same effect as [Solo Forbidden Area] cursed, by customizing le dance macabre it grants its allies a significant boost to magical capacity, output and efficiency, besides a morale boost. it also helps bring allies into sync similar to a supernatural efficient military cadence.

Valkyrie Vulture (Endless soul) - necromancer type, it serves as an outside storage of body and soul information for Zagreus, allowing him to perform spiritual invocation (Séance Technique), freeing him from the hassle of carrying countless bodies in his shadow or running the risk of ever losing access to precious corpses. It releases a black shadowy tar that serves as a medium to manifest cursed corpses and Zagreus can even mix the info to create powerful zombie chimeras which his dragon bone warriors stand as the most prominent example.

Maenad Vixen (Shadowed soul) - druid type, serves as an outside storage of plant matter (flora) similar to Valkyrie Vulture. It can also manipulate and generate plants similar to Hanabi, the plant disaster-cursed spirit.

Shaman King. I will shill out for that. I know that the world isn't all that, but the latter stuff introduced with Flowers and Super Star is plain bullshit.
Would also want to see Zagreus try to reason with Hao, and how that would work.

There is also BLAME! By Tsutomu Nihei, which is pretty rad, and I think Zagreus would love the Gravity Beam Emmiter.

Hmmm, maybe Tanya the Evil, and Slayers? One to get into practice to slay little g, Gods, the other for another cooky adventure?

There is also Dorohedoro, as well as Petals of Reincarnation.

Can't think of others. What do you think of my recs? Any of them you know? I know you know of Shaman King, since you briefly mentionted it in Poison.

I love Slayers and it and the cosmology it's part of would be fascinating to see even it's sibling series Lost Universe would be interesting. Shaman King would be interesting as well in particular the forms that the types of cultivation would take especially compared to JJK and others.

I love Slayers and it and the cosmology it's part of would be fascinating to see even it's sibling series Lost Universe would be interesting. Shaman King would be interesting as well in particular the forms that the types of cultivation would take especially compared to JJK and others.
Well some of the worlds they've basically already said are guaranteed. A lot of them will take place in the tyrant realm. Well I tried to put a spoiler but it won't work. But heroic realm is already looking to have probably Percy Jackson and a cultivation setting and he might still do a sci fI universe as a hero. I don't imagine heroic realm will last more than two universes after golarion. Tyrant might be a rank or two per world max though. Tyrant is looking to have an exalted fanfic, a superhero crossover universe, bleach, avatar again. Adding more seems a bit much these worlds alone are gonna take him more than a year real time. Oh and Mushoku tensei. Like other than cultivation settings which they asked for they don't need more settings considering that huge fucking list at least until they get to god realm. If the fic goes to god realm because if it does it would be more than a year from now.

Last edited:
Well some of the worlds they've basically already said are guaranteed. A lot of them will take place in the tyrant realm. Well I tried to put a spoiler but it won't work. But heroic realm is already looking to have probably Percy Jackson and a cultivation setting and he might still do a sci fI universe as a hero. I don't imagine heroic realm will last more than two universes after golarion. Tyrant might be a rank or two per world max though. Tyrant is looking to have an exalted fanfic, a superhero crossover universe, bleach, avatar again. Adding more seems a bit much these worlds alone are gonna take him more than a year real time. Oh and Mushoku tensei. Like other than cultivation settings which they asked for they don't need more settings considering that huge fucking list at least until they get to god realm. If the fic goes to god realm because if it does it would be more than a year from now.
Im pretty sure the heroic realm would at least take from three to four more worlds at least dont worry, and tyrant realm might even take several worlds for an upgrade

Oh yeah on a different note has anyone else seen Don't Fuck with the White Mage (Jujutsu Kaisen - Utahime Iori SI) by Silver W. King on QQ? I found the fic interesting given certain aspects evoked a similar feel to some things here in the cultivation sense especially the one healing bit in the last chapter.

Also has some rather amusing parts as well.

Don't Fuck with the White Mage (Jujutsu Kaisen - Utahime Iori SI) by Silver W. King on QQ?
Read it, was awesome! Loved the interpretation of Utahime, but also the sheer abuse of Reversed Curse Technique. Goes to show just how busted that thing really is. Because let us be honest, to us Reversed Technique is just healing plus a neat new application of one's power. Besides Gojo, who can be assumed to be able to refresh himself with it due to being himself and Six Eyes, Reversal just allows a Sorcerrer to cheat by basically giving them more time to do stuff.

There is also the novel use of Binding Vows in the fic, there SI Utahime uses them to grow stronger, rather than just use them as the ultimate tool of contractual enforcement. Which is awesome in the fic, and a shame in Cannon, since we don't really see people really fucking around with Vows. Heck, Kaisen has a school for this stuff, but Gege never really uses it to explain and show more of the mechanics of the setting.

As we saw with Kenjaku, you can do some outright magic with Vows, so would have liked to see more expanded on it. Also curse energy manipulation, and other stuff, but oh well.

Oh, also shill time! Hey Bruno! Any chance that Zagreus will hit Signalis at any point? The game is awesome, and the tone plesantly spooky. Would also be a nice place to really tap into his Rher given Dream Powers.

Last edited:

Mushoku Tensei is very important in the long term because of Orsted curse and Nanahoshi time travel and portal research. To the western metaphysics curses are the realm of the divine and profane, the domain of the gods. This is easy to see in the Souls Software games, from Scarlet Rot to Flame of Frenzy. There is no way Zagreus to survive Hera without some countermeasure, plus I intend to slowly improve his capacity to facilitate planar travel.

The only problem with Slayer is that everything I remember from it came from the Brazilian dub, which like the YuYu Hakusho, is closer to a localization full of creative liberties for the sake of comedy. Hell, pretty sure the version of Yusuke I have in my head would get this fic suspense at the least, and me canceled (banned) at worst.

Read it, was awesome! Loved the interpretation of Utahime, but also the sheer abuse of Reversed Curse Technique. Goes to show just how busted that thing really is. Because let us be honest, to us Reversed Technique is just healing plus a neat new application of one's power. Besides Gojo, who can be assumed to be able to refresh himself with it due to being himself and Six Eyes, Reversal just allows a Sorcerrer to cheat by basically giving them more time to do stuff.

There is also the novel use of Binding Vows in the fic, there SI Utahime uses them to grow stronger, rather than just use them as the ultimate tool of contractual enforcement. Which is awesome in the fic, and a shame in Cannon, since we don't really see people really fucking around with Vows. Heck, Kaisen has a school for this stuff, but Gege never really uses it to explain and show more of the mechanics of the setting.

As we saw with Kenjaku, you can do some outright magic with Vows, so would have liked to see more expanded on it. Also curse energy manipulation, and other stuff, but oh well.

Oh, also shill time! Hey Bruno! Any chance that Zagreus will hit Signalis at any point? The game is awesome, and the tone plesantly spooky. Would also be a nice place to really tap into his Rher given Dream Powers.
Signales is the kind of sci-fi that I like, but it is not so simple. I have to focus on what is in front of me for now, WofR is a epic enough adventure that I can't f it up.
By the way, can you pass me the link of this Don't Fuck with the White Mage fic? I searched for it but didn't find it.

Isn't it not to mention the way that version of Utahime really explored and pushed both her technique to such an amazing extent but also cursed energy manipulation in general. It was also really interesting that one curse's ability with souls it gave me the feel of a twisted version of when a sorcerer understands the essence of their soul from here also speaking of souls the bit in the last chapter with Utahime describing a bit the soul, body, and mind was very nice and again reminded me of here.

On top of that the way she helped the growth of both Mei Mei and Mana as well as others was fun. But I think the way Utahime broke through? transcended? at the end was awesome and gave such a cultivation feel/vibe it also really felt like this is the path that a normal person without any out of context abilities/knowledge other then the potential future would end up going down.

Back