Hmm sharing my thoughts for what I'd guess could be considered Japanese cultivation was 5th realm Kami 6th realm Kamiyonanayo and 7th realm Kotoamatsukami. Not sure what the first four realm would be though?

Anyway I'm going to guess Yuji becoming a Bodhisattva is going to be an interesting event though the same can be said for Gojo and Geto. I keep thinking they're going to end up reaching it together or at the same time and just further convincing the world they should just get together already they really are so stubborn aren't they. :rolleyes:

Also speaking of cultivation I wonder how things are doing in Avatar on that front?

So is Gojo's path along with Hellenic cultivation going to become the default for the JJK world or are people working on developing their own paths?

If it's not a massive spoiler Zagreus said that the 3rd realm for jujutsu sorcerers seems to be about dissolving resentment so that and the 4th realm being Bodhisattva does their cursed energy change rather is it even cursed energy anymore?

refiniment of a curse user
Gojo and Yuji had been the first to enter the Solitary Buhhda realm. Much like in the greek realm, Gojo decided someone can only call himself a proper sorcerer after stepping into the 2nd realm, the sophic realm equivalent. So the progression goes: curse user, sorcerer, Pratyekabuddhayāna (solitary Buddha), Bodhisattva (savior Buddha), and emptiness (Olympic equivalent).

So my guess is that it works something like this, right?

Śrāvakabuddhayāna (Assisted Buddha): Not really a Jujutsu Cultivation Realm but rather a failed attempt at entering the Pratyekabuddhayāna Realm. They either failed to become a Solitary Buddha, have no interest in becoming one, or simply have very poor talent in Jujutsu. Either way, they still wish to be Liberated from Curse Energy but require the assistance of a Samyaksambuddha who can forcefully purify their Curse Energy into True Positive Energy but at the cost of becoming an Arhat, also known as an Assisted Buddha. This means that, while they still possess powers on par with Solitary Buddhas, they will need to wait until their next life to be able to become a Bodhisattva.

Pratyekabuddhayāna (Solitary Buddha): One who has obtain Liberation but has yet to or unwilling to aid and guide others. At this stage their Curse has been completely purified, becoming True Positive Energy, not the false positive energy of Reverse Curse Technique. True Positive Energy is able to purify surrounding Curse Energy solely from contact. This causes Curse Spirits to weaken if not outright exorcised just by being in their presence. This means it can be use to negate Curse Techniques and nullify Curse Tools and Items.

Bodhisattvayāna (Saviour Buddha): One who obtained Liberation and is now working to aid and guide others. They need not literally preach or give sermon like Geto, and can instead aid and guide through example and demonstration like Gojo and Yuji. So long as their actions aid and guide others towards Liberation then they can be said to be performing their duty as Bodhisattvas. As Bodhisattvas, they collect and accumulate Faith and Gratitude from followers and once it reaches critical mass, they can push through and break into the Realm of Samyaksambuddhayāna.

Though, I think the Olympic Realm equivalent should be Samyaksambuddhayāna (Complete Buddha): One who has obtain Liberation and has guided a great many other towards their own Liberation. In this realm they no longer require a Physical Body and can exist a being of pure consciousness alone. However, they can still interact with the rest of world if they want too by creating and projecting a body made out of True Positive Energy similar to those pre-mending Planeswalkers from the old days of Magic the Gathering. They can forcefully purify a person's Curse Energy but at the cost of them becoming an Arhat.

Edit: As for the Realms beyond Olympic.

The Titan Realm equivalent should be Sambhogakāya Buddha (Celestial Buddha): Involves the Construction of a Celestial Egg/Reality Engine and is a blueprint for their very own Pure Realm. Extremely similar to Sukuna and Kenjaku's Barrierless Domain Expansion but on a completely different scale. It is essentially a mixture of Reality Marble and Marble Phantasm that's also an ORT level Reality Overwrite with the immutable properties of the Garden of Avalon.

The Primordial Realm equivalent should be Dharmakāya Buddha (Primordial Buddha): Involves the hatching of the Celestial Egg, thus detonating a self contained Big Bang within themselves, gaining a Cosmic Body and embodying their Pure Realm. It is essentially similar to Gojo's Domain Envelopment but on a completely different scale. At this point they basically become a walking talking Universe and are basically a God from Shinza Bansho that also possesses both Gudou and Hadou qualities.

Something along this line.

Last edited:
So my guess is that it works something like this, right?

Śrāvakabuddhayāna (Assisted Buddha): Not really a Jujutsu Cultivation Realm but rather a failed attempt at entering the Pratyekabuddhayāna Realm. They either failed to become a Solitary Buddha, have no interest in becoming one, or simply have very poor talent in Jujutsu. Either way, they still wish to be Liberated from Curse Energy but require the assistance of a Samyaksambuddha who can forcefully purify their Curse Energy into True Positive Energy but at the cost of becoming an Arhat, also known as an Assisted Buddha. This means that, while they still possess powers on par with Solitary Buddhas, they will need to wait until their next life to be able to become a Bodhisattva.

Pratyekabuddhayāna (Solitary Buddha): One who has obtain Liberation but has yet to or unwilling to aid and guide others. At this stage their Curse has been completely purified, becoming True Positive Energy, not the false positive energy of Reverse Curse Technique. True Positive Energy is able to purify surrounding Curse Energy solely from contact. This causes Curse Spirits to weaken if not outright exorcised just by being in their presence. This means it can be use to negate Curse Techniques and nullify Curse Tools and Items.

Bodhisattvayāna (Saviour Buddha): One who obtained Liberation and is now working to aid and guide others. They need not literally preach or give sermon like Geto, and can instead aid and guide through example and demonstration like Gojo and Yuji. So long as their actions aid and guide others towards Liberation then they can be said to be performing their duty as Bodhisattvas. As Bodhisattvas, they collect and accumulate Faith and Gratitude from followers and once it reaches critical mass, they can push through and break into the Realm of Samyaksambuddhayāna.

Though, I think the Olympic Realm equivalent should be Samyaksambuddhayāna (Complete Buddha): One who has obtain Liberation and has guided a great many other towards their own Liberation. In this realm they no longer require a Physical Body and can exist a being of pure consciousness alone. However, they can still interact with the rest of world if they want too by creating and projecting a body made out of True Positive Energy similar to those pre-mending Planeswalkers from the old days of Magic the Gathering. They can forcefully purify a person's Cure Energy but at the cost of them becoming an Arhat.

Edit: As for the Realms beyond Olympic.

The Titan Realm equivalent should be Sambhogakāya Buddha (Celestial Buddha): Involves the Construction of a Celestial Egg/Reality Engine and is a blueprint for their very own Pure Realm. Extremely similar to Sukuna and Kenjaku's Barrierless Domain Expansion but on a completely different scale. It is essentially a mixture of Reality Marble and Marble Phantasm that's also an ORT level Reality Overwrite with the immutable properties of the Garden of Avalon.

The Primordial Realm equivalent should be Dharmakāya Buddha (Primordial Buddha): Involves the hatching of the Celestial Egg, thus detonating a self contained Big Bang within themselves, gaining a Cosmic Body and embodying their Pure Realm. It is essentially similar to Gojo's Domain Envelopment but on a completely different scale. At this point they basically become a walking talking Universe and are basically a God from Shinza Bansho that also possesses both Gudou and Hadou qualities.

Something along this line.
Well, I don't know the in-depth stages of buddha like that. But I like it, so I will add this to info.

Offhand would you consider pharasma an overgod by the settings rules? Cause her origin varies but one is basically making the universe after her last one died and that she'll do the same once this one dies too? There are plenty of wog's that Pharasma is considered the strongest god in pathfinder by its creators.

What did we gain of the demon lord essence??
Deskari is the lord of desolation, the Hunger of the Abyss. Zagreus switched the essence of the magical crocodile to be integrated by his sword to upgrade with a holy avenger anti-magic properties. Deskari quintessence is placed on his fire charka in the stomach, it grants him the strength of the legion and a boost to his ability to eat and integrate foreign essences like a locust plague. It greatly augments the power of the labor he got out of defeating Deskari, Zafreus became a swarm-that-walk made of ravens, more specifically an Unkindness Plague of biblical proportions.

Offhand would you consider pharasma an overgod by the settings rules? Cause her origin varies but one is basically making the universe after her last one died and that she'll do the same once this one dies too? There are plenty of wog's that Pharasma is considered the strongest god in pathfinder by its creators.
I basically put her in the Superior God category, together with Asmodeus and a few others. Aroden was part of this click but none of his ascended have yet reached it, even if people like to put Iomedae up there. Anchaekek and his spider sister were created as god-tools by these superior gods,the mantis god even has a stat block like the Outer Gods, and if a stat block exists then it can be killed. Deskari was CR 29, while Anchaekek is CR 30. It would be more accurate to think of them like divine enforcers like Hades' furies.

Deskari is the lord of desolation, the Hunger of the Abyss. Zagreus switched the essence of the magical crocodile to be integrated by his sword to upgrade with a holy avenger anti-magic properties. Deskari quintessence is placed on his fire charka in the stomach, it grants him the strength of the legion and a boost to his ability to eat and integrate foreign essences like a locust plague. It greatly augments the power of the labor he got out of defeating Deskari, Zafreus became a swarm-that-walk made of ravens, more specifically an Unkindness Plague of biblical proportions.
wow that fits so well with the hunger theme of cultivators and his own demonic/consumption based cultivation. Would he say this fight hurt more or the near complete death from Unity? I also imagine his base suffering based cultivation has gotten even better from both the little demons eating him on the inside and unitys near complete destruction of his body.

wow that fits so well with the hunger theme of cultivators and his own demonic/consumption based cultivation. Would he say this fight hurt more or the near complete death from Unity? I also imagine his base suffering based cultivation has gotten even better from both the little demons eating him on the inside and unitys near complete destruction of his body.
Both men and beastes cultivate by eating, it's not a taboo for greek cultivators. Zagreus's soul is a [tormented] one, but this just grants him an affinity to Dyonisian mysteries as these souls are in tune with his animalistic attribute, prowling like a beast, hunting, raging, and surviving yet it doesn't limit him, as the New God called the Tormented One was a poet who believed suffering was the source of inspiration.

So Curse User, Sorcerer, Pratyekabuddhayāna (solitary Buddha), Bodhisattva (savior Buddha), emptiness (Olympic equivalent), Sambhogakāya Buddha (Celestial Buddha), and Dharmakāya Buddha (Primordial Buddha) would this be the general cultivation path for Jujutsu sorcerers then?

Also still curious about my earlier question about cursed energy and what happens when to it when they reach the Bodhisattva realm?

Edit: Oh yeah @BrunofanofK wanted your opinion but do the realm ideas I had for Japanese cultivation work? and do you have any ideas for the first four relams?

Last edited:
So Curse User, Sorcerer, Pratyekabuddhayāna (solitary Buddha), Bodhisattva (savior Buddha), emptiness (Olympic equivalent), Sambhogakāya Buddha (Celestial Buddha), and Dharmakāya Buddha (Primordial Buddha) would this be the general cultivation path for Jujutsu sorcerers then?

Also still curious about my earlier question about cursed energy and what happens when to it when they reach the Bodhisattva realm?

Edit: Oh yeah @BrunofanofK wanted your opinion but do the realm ideas I had for Japanese cultivation work? and do you have any ideas for the first four relams?
I'm a little iffy about Emptiness being the Olympic Equivalent, it just seems to stick like a sore thumb amongst the other realm. That's mainly the reason why I suggested Samyaksambuddhayāna (Complete Buddha) as an alternative for the Olympic Realm.

Edit:

Pratyekabuddhayāna (Solitary Buddha): In this Realm they work to liberate themselves.

Bodhisattvayāna (Saviour Buddha): In this Realm they aid in the liberation of others.

Samyaksambuddhayāna (Complete Buddha): In this Realm their Liberation becomes complete and perfect after Liberating themselves as well as aiding in the Liberation of others. So maybe they work towards Liberating the world or something.

Last edited:

I'm not sure anyone will ever make the last two if we're being honest. But, some will probably reach olympic equivalents eventually in a century or so.

I'm a little iffy about Emptiness being the Olympic Equivalent, it just seems to stick like a sore thumb amongst the other realm. That's mainly the reason why I suggested Samyaksambuddhayāna (Complete Buddha) as an alternative for the Olympic Realm.

I think it's fine it still fits plus these are the names for Jujutsu sorcerer's cultivation realms while they have some links with Buddhism they don't have to take things one for one or the like that should be more for the actual Buddhist monks plus debating it's sort of silly just let the author do what they want.

What people have to keep in mind is that I am making things as I go. While in other Japanese settings, cultivation would probably follow a Shinto-inspired path of cultivation since cultivation of virtue is more a race toward divinity than immortality and as such, each cultural sphere had enough time and isolation to forge its own path, things are different in JJK world.
Between Tengen and Zagreus, the Greek and Buddhist styles of cultivation have a serious leg up on everyone else, especially in such a globalized world. The race toward divinity became something of a new arms race, Gojo could already destroy a country in canon, as a solitary Buddha he pinned a new satellite celestial body to Earth. There isn't a person who doesn't know what he did or could deny the power of a cultivator who reached semi-divine status. While there will always be stubborn people, most cultivators search for one of the two ways; especially after Zagreus contributions to it with soul nature and the optimal path to seize capital virtue.

By the way, TheSilverStar. Emptyness realm was just a suggestion, my knowledge of Buddhism is self-taught and not perfect. I really liked your suggestion and ask you to share your source if you could.

What exactly are his labors and there effects, also on the topic of cultivation does he need twelve labors to became a tyrant
I already explained this before, but sometimes it is best to be direct. A hero refines his soul through the performance of epic labors worth of legend. I had this conversation before, but the heroic realm stands in direct opposition to xianxia tropes and stereotypes, it is the most vibrant of the greek realms. The thing is, it doesn't have 12 ranks but just 10 because Zeus did smite Hercules when he broke the Adamantine chains holding Prometheus. To begin with, Hercules was supposed to do ten labors to prove himself worthy to ascend to the heavens yet he was cheated. In a sense, it reminds me of how Percy Jackson's Herakles omitted a betrayed Zoe to avoid a 13th labor. The reason the Tyrant Realm exists above the heroic realm is rooted in this tragic tale.

What people have to keep in mind is that I am making things as I go. While in other Japanese settings, cultivation would probably follow a Shinto-inspired path of cultivation since cultivation of virtue is more a race toward divinity than immortality and as such, each cultural sphere had enough time and isolation to forge its own path, things are different in JJK world.
Between Tengen and Zagreus, the Greek and Buddhist styles of cultivation have a serious leg up on everyone else, especially in such a globalized world. The race toward divinity became something of a new arms race, Gojo could already destroy a country in canon, as a solitary Buddha he pinned a new satellite celestial body to Earth. There isn't a person who doesn't know what he did or could deny the power of a cultivator who reached semi-divine status. While there will always be stubborn people, most cultivators search for one of the two ways; especially after Zagreus contributions to it with soul nature and the optimal path to seize capital virtue.

By the way, TheSilverStar. Emptyness realm was just a suggestion, my knowledge of Buddhism is self-taught and not perfect. I really liked your suggestion and ask you to share your source if you could.

Though there probably will be other styles eventually overtime right? And honestly I like what you've done with the JJK cultivation path so far though I do wonder how things are going in Avatar?

It is probably possible but really really hard and considered trying to rebuild the wheel.

Zagreus and in turn Tsumiki and Gojo probably aren't hiding the specifics of what their cultivation is and what it takes to advance through the stages and with the internet the knowledge should become known all over the world.

And cultivation here is called a race to divinity for a reason. Why waste time charting a new path when there is already two paths to divinity available?

It is probably possible but really really hard and considered trying to rebuild the wheel.

Zagreus and in turn Tsumiki and Gojo probably aren't hiding the specifics of what their cultivation is and what it takes to advance through the stages and with the internet the knowledge should become known all over the world.

And cultivation here is called a race to divinity for a reason. Why waste time charting a new path when there is already two paths to divinity available?

Very true but people can be contradictory some people will want to make a path/style just because they can others because the two available doesn't fit them for some reason and likely other reasons as well.

Very true but people can be contradictory some people will want to make a path/style just because they can others because the two available doesn't fit them for some reason and likely other reasons as well.
Sure but I'm fairly sure this isn't like most xianxia it seems to require a cultural basis one supported by the culture of thousands if not millions of people. I don't think individuals can really do that.

New stages could be made if some genius paragon shows up.

I think the Philosopher stage was created by Socrates.
So creating your own stage of cultivation and then spreading it out for others to get into is a thing.

Like Gojo is creating the cultivation stages for Jujutsu sorcerers. Though in this case he had the basis of Zagreus's Hellenic cultivation and the knowledge from Fear and Hunger.

Back