Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel compelled to say this even though I don't particularly empathize with strong pain: Are we sure we're okay with Aria putting herself through blackout level pain routinely just to get this kidnapping period over sooner?

I mean, voters glossing over pain didn't exactly work out well for Jade. :V

[X] Go with Azura quietly. You're still wearing your tracking bracelet; your parents will come and pick you up soon enough. You don't think they'd punish you for being abducted... Well, mostly. They might pull you out of school.
-[X] While at Azura's house, keep feeding your source mana until it hurts too much to continue.
--[X] Restrict this to times when Azura needs to spend large amounts of time out of the house.
-[X] When Azura is around, try to spend time with her. You've never really gotten to play with anyone else before...

May also want to try tugging on our own mana. It might be less painful, especially if what we're getting is along the lines of "forcing the stuff outside to drag the stuff inside along with it".

May also want to try tugging on our own mana. It might be less painful, especially if what we're getting is along the lines of "forcing the stuff outside to drag the stuff inside along with it".
We appear to be voting for a timeskip, so I believe it can be assumed that Aria will try to find methods that don't involve mind-numbing pain without us specifically voting for it.

I feel compelled to say this even though I don't particularly empathize with strong pain: Are we sure we're okay with Aria putting herself through blackout level pain routinely just to get this kidnapping period over sooner?

I mean, voters glossing over pain didn't exactly work out well for Jade. :V
Well, _she_ seems fine with it.

I'd rather she didn't, of course. A lot of my problems with this quest amount to the MC being broken to the point she's hard to empathize with, and Azure's casual acceptance of that isn't helping. That said, going through with it seems to be in character for her.

Okay its official, I hate azure. First she threatens us and now she kidnapps us! I don't want to help her even IF we make a wish. Hell I want to kick her ass.

Okay its official, I hate azure. First she threatens us and now she kidnapps us! I don't want to help her even IF we make a wish. Hell I want to kick her ass.

Uhh... you do realize that 'kidnap' means "let you stay at my massive mansion full of games and other cool stuff, where you can do whatever you want, as long as you don't leave" and that the alternative is going back to a house where we're beaten so badly we can't even move without it hurting, when we do absolutely nothing wrong?

I can also see where she's coming from re: us not contracting. I don't blame her much if at all. At worst she's being thoroughly gaslighted by Kyubey.

Last edited:
Did you even read ignition because we made the 20% power boost choice there and Jade got traumatized by it. Do you really want that happening here? And besides most of the thread won't vote for wishing anyways.
I voted to blackmail QB into giving it to us for free, with no inspection, and only if the primary portion of the vote worked. My vote had nothing to do with the scanning.

Uhh... you do realize that 'kidnap' means "let you stay at my massive mansion full of games and other cool stuff, where you can do whatever you want, as long as you don't leave" and that the alternative is going back to a house where we're beaten so badly we can't even move without it hurting, when we do absolutely nothing wrong?
The 'kidnap' part also felt slightly tongue in cheek. At a minimum, she's trying to make light of it, and I bet that if we were sufficiently against it she'd let us go.

But, just--

Why would we ever want to go home?

Because we're a good girl.

[X] Go with Azura quietly. You're still wearing your tracking bracelet; your parents will come and pick you up soon enough. You don't think they'd punish you for being abducted... Well, mostly. They might pull you out of school.
-[X] When Azura is around, try to spend time with her. You've never really gotten to play with anyone else before...

[x] Go with Azura quietly. You're still wearing your tracking bracelet; your parents will come and pick you up soon enough. You don't think they'd punish you for being abducted... Well, mostly. They might pull you out of school.
-[x] Tell her about your tracking bracelet.
-[x] While at Azura's house, keep feeding your source mana until it hurts too much to continue.
--[x] Restrict this to times when Azura needs to spend large amounts of time out of the house.
-[x] When Azura is around, try to spend time with her. You've never really gotten to play with anyone else before...

Drop timeframe. We don't wanna remind her that we're waiting on a mana thing. If we do the feeding when she's out, we can focus on just spending time with her and not trying to get shiny powerups or seem like we're using her for protection, yeah?

She'll figure out that we're working on the Mana thing the next time we knock ourselves unconscious. I think that that works.

The 'kidnap' part also felt slightly tongue in cheek. At a minimum, she's trying to make light of it, and I bet that if we were sufficiently against it she'd let us go.

But, just--

because, as she said, we've got the survival instincts of a lemming, and are perfectly willing to walk straight back home to a savage beating without any thought to the matter.

Hell, think if how she just found us. we Mana burned ourselves until we passed out from the pain, leaving ourselves with only QB between us and being ripped apart by any witch nearby that happens to sense us. she expected us to walk to her safely warded mansion where we'd be perfectly fine, but instead finds we've been passed out in a forest clearing for who knows how long while she was busy fighting in a 6-on-1 against a bunch of witches.

-[X] Tell Azura about your timeframe for mana acquisition.
-[X] While at Azura's house, keep feeding your source mana until it hurts too much to continue.
--[X] Restrict this to times when Azura needs to spend large amounts of time out of the house.

seem like we're using her for protection,
She's kidnapping us explicitly for our protection. She's not going to be mad about it.

But sure, I can drop the timeframe. She'll probably come back to us passed out from pain more often than not.

[x] Go with Azura quietly. You're still wearing your tracking bracelet; your parents will come and pick you up soon enough. You don't think they'd punish you for being abducted... Well, mostly. They might pull you out of school.
-[x] Tell her about your tracking bracelet.
-[x] While at Azura's house, keep feeding your source mana until it hurts too much to continue.
--[x] Restrict this to times when Azura needs to spend large amounts of time out of the house.
-[x] When Azura is around, try to spend time with her. You've never really gotten to play with anyone else before...

I feel like Aria isn't actually suffering from the manaburn. AFAIK it's actually unbelievably difficult to stay totally coherent - no screaming or flailing - through enough pain to knock you unconscious. We're talking self-immolating monk here.

-[X] Tell Azura about your timeframe for mana acquisition.
-[X] While at Azura's house, keep feeding your source mana until you fall unconcious
-[X]See if you can convince Azura to send a ransom note, demanding the return of your plushies for your return.

Also about Lemmings, they have excellent survival instincts. They never jump off a cliff that they cannot survive falling from.

That's mostly since I really didn't want to write more pain scenes. Sorry if it broke immersion. :oops:
...Ah. Fair.

edit: Wasn't immersion breaking at all, since it matched how Jade had been reacting to pain at other times and I just bumped up my estimation of her pain tolerance.

[X] Go with Azura
-[X] Keep feeding
--[X] Ask for painkillers.
--[X] Restrict time
-[X] Play with Azura

Last edited:
I'm like 80% sure it was the "free" power boost, and not the scan, that actually caused (or, rather, entailed) the trauma. Remember where meguca potential comes from.
It is explicitly the pain the QB scanning her soul that traumatized Jade, the 20% just happened to be the bribe he used to obtain permission.

It is explicitly the pain the QB scanning her soul that traumatized Jade, the 20% just happened to be the bribe he used to obtain permission.

Are you sure?

"Before you make a wish, there is another thing I need permission to do. When a female makes a contract, the process releases a large amount of energy which I can then collect. I can use this energy to create additional bodies and keep all my active ones operational. I could use it to make you stronger instead. It is not optimized for this purpose. I would only be increasing your reserves by 20%."

What exactly do you think he did with this energy, when we know that potential is, normally, caused by trauma and nothing else.

I feel like Aria isn't actually suffering from the manaburn. AFAIK it's actually unbelievably difficult to stay totally coherent - no screaming or flailing - through enough pain to knock you unconscious. We're talking self-immolating monk here.
That's mostly since I really didn't want to write more pain scenes. Sorry if it broke immersion. :oops:

But yes, falling unconscious was due to other factors.
Maybe it's not manaburn, but honestly? Aria is the sort of person who absolutely would do that. She's the self-immolating monk of abused children, and I hate it. No offense, Alivaril.

The lack of a 'pain scene' actually got me thinking that she's just that used to it. It didn't do so in the most effective possible manner, being a lack of a scene rather than a well-tuned scene, but... yeah. Sob. Sob.
because, as she said, we've got the survival instincts of a lemming, and are perfectly willing to walk straight back home to a savage beating without any thought to the matter.
Fine, then let's manipulate the votes into making her accidentally break free of that. We can do it. If a direct override on her thoughts won't do it, then nothing will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back