Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that this will determine the powers we start with, and we probably won't get anything else for free. So, just going full defense by creating walls and putting up a "No Black things may be created here" enchantment will probably leave us very weak on combat power.
If that's true then blocking off the forest and clearing out the toxins may give us area denial and purification/healing abilities.

[x] Fix the balance of flora. (Half Action)
-[x] Help them adapt to the changes humanity has introduced into the world. (+Half Action)

[x] Close off the forest from the outside world. There's too much for you to do in the time you have available. (Full Action)
-[x] Wait for Azura to return before you do so. (Free)

Reality marble is go.

[x] Fix the balance of fauna. (Half Action)
[x] Purify the atmosphere. (Half Action)
[x] Remove the toxins from the ground. (Half Action)

This is the most PR-friendly. The media will love us!

Pretty sure this is about starting powers.

[] Fix the balance of fauna. (Half Action)

Animal summoning.

-[] Give them a little temporary assistance. Humans need to learn to keep their distance and cease their harmful interference. (+Half Action)

Strength boosting.

[] Fix the balance of flora. (Half Action)

Plant powers.

-[] Help them adapt to the changes humanity has introduced into the world. (+Half Action)

Adding traits. Evolutionary stuff.

[] Purify the atmosphere. (Half Action)
[] Remove the toxins from the ground. (Half Action)

Not 100% sure on these, but generally, purification, healing, maybe anti-flyer or terrain manipulation.

[] Close off the forest from the outside world. There's too much for you to do in the time you have available. (Full Action)
-[] Wait for Azura to return before you do so. (Free)

Warding. More defensive in nature than...

[] Set up an Enchantment over the forest, banning Black diseases and abominations from forming within its boundaries. It won't do anything to bar them from entering, but it's a start. (Full Action)[/QUOTE]

Enchantments of the more mythical quality. Not really defensive in nature.

-[x] Help them adapt to the changes humanity has introduced into the world. (+Half Action)

[x] Close off the forest from the outside world. There's too much for you to do in the time you have available. (Full Action)

If that's true then blocking off the forest and clearing out the toxins may give us area denial and purification/healing abilities.

Azura said the most valuable ability to have was extra wards, right? Magi are often worried about protecting their homes from witches or other magical girls (and kyubey, to be fair.)

I kind of think we might get a similar thing from this.

[X] Close off the forest from the outside world. There's too much for you to do in the time you have available. (Full Action)
[X] Set up an Enchantment over the forest, banning Black diseases and abominations from forming within its boundaries. It won't do anything to bar them from entering, but it's a start. (Full Action)

This'll do! Stuff is happening. ^.^

Last edited:
After a hundred and one pages, the quest can finally start! Yay!

Based upon our experience from Ignition, we can probably guess that we're going to be very out of it for a while after Overchanneling ends- so I would like to have someone ready to watch over us if possible. Azura is basically our only option for that.

I suspect that whatever we choose here will determine our initial skillset. At a guess, balance of fauna is summons and the subaction includes creature buffs; balance of flora and the subaction is probably Wild Growth-type effects; purifying the atmosphere and removing toxins seem like disenchants; closing off the forest from the outside world is something like Fog, possibly as an enchantment; setting up an anti-black enchantment is more lasting enchantment and directed color hate.

[x] Set up an Enchantment over the forest, banning Black diseases and abominations from forming within its boundaries. It won't do anything to bar them from entering, but it's a start. (Full Action)

A defensive, enchantment-heavy skillset full of black hate sounds like just what we need to survive and gradually cleanse the PMMM world.

-[x] Give them a little temporary assistance. Humans need to learn to keep their distance and cease their harmful interference. (+Half Action)

Reasons: Offense buff and Defense. Really, I want them all, but these are the immediately helpful ones.

If we want to play support for Azura, I recommend either the anti-black enchant or one of the purification half actions, as we might be able to help her soul gem with that.

Last edited:
[X] Fix the balance of flora. (Half Action)
-[X] Help them adapt to the changes humanity has introduced into the world. (+Half Action)
[X] Purify the atmosphere. (Half Action)
[X] Remove the toxins from the ground. (Half Action)

SAPROLINGS GO!

I would vote for the Anti-Black too, I am torn on this one.

Alivaril, you meanie I want to pick everything!

After some thought:

Needs to be done, breathing the tainted air is the one thing that she showed an actual dislike for, rather than just noting what was wrong.

[X] Fix the balance of fauna. (Half Action)
They're like plushies but alive.

You can't fix the animals without fixing the food.

[X] Remove the toxins from the ground. (Half Action)
Fixing the animals and plant's will do no good long term if the land is still poisoned.

[] Set up an Enchantment over the forest, banning Black diseases and abominations from forming within its boundaries. It won't do anything to bar them from entering, but it's a start. (Full Action)
Though I wonder if this will keep Grief from accumulating inside the Ward.

Last edited:
[X] Close off the forest from the outside world. There's too much for you to do in the time you have available. (Full Action)
-[X] Wait for Azura to return before you do so. (Free)

Last edited:
I just remembered that Azura called her house her lair of solitude.

Urge to make it into a proper ecofreedomfighter base rising.

[x] Set up an Enchantment over the forest, banning Black diseases and abominations from forming within its boundaries. It won't do anything to bar them from entering, but it's a start. (Full Action)

-[x] Give them a little temporary assistance. Humans need to learn to keep their distance and cease their harmful interference. (+Half Action)
-[X] Help them adapt to the changes humanity has introduced into the world. (+Half Action)

time to make people(and witches) wish they were on Catachan rather than be in our woods.

[X] Set up an Enchantment over the forest, banning Black diseases and abominations from forming within its boundaries. It won't do anything to bar them from entering, but it's a start. (Full Action)

The first half of Flora should be mana ramp. The second half is probably saprolings. Enchantments are obviously Enchantments and barring Black from forming inside is good and should help keep us safe from Sorceresses. They can come inside but they should have trouble casting.

Sure you could! They'd just need to get extra food from that giant area filled with two-legged prey.

...That was a joke. Or was it?
We're a Green mage, currently overchanneling. I think the invisitext has the right of it. Plus I'm not sure if Aria ever learned human empathy really. I mean, instinct might cover some, but I wouldn't be very surprised if she doesn't care much as long as it abides by law of the jungle type causes rather than say... Witches.

So, I'm more inclined towards the invisitext.

Yeah, okay. Mind changed.

e: I'm pretty sure I'm going to change my mind half a dozen times before we're done here. So much to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back