Disgaea: The Chaos Hereafter

You appear nearby a group of seven other demons, in a blindspot and too quietly for any to hear your arrival. An empusa, magic knight, flora beast, prinny, nine tails, martial artist, and felynn are the members of said group.

Around you is largely just dried ground, with maybe a tuft or two of dried grass poking out of cracks now and then. Of interest, a cave is fairly close, and much further out, a lone building in one direction, and a group of them in another.
Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
Who are they? :thonk:

Arriving in, I take a look around before seeing a group of demons... they don't seem to be doing anything, and I sense a faint smell of flirting from them...

Well, at the very least, if things go wrong running is always a viable choice.

I check my bell to see if it's properly worn, and walk towards said group and just yell, "Hey, who are you guys?"

...why did I sound like a small child?

Evelynn
Still in hell
Somewhen
Another cat?

I check my bell to see if it's properly worn, and walk towards said group and just yell, "Hey, who are you guys?"
I look up from massaging my tail at the sound of a new voice to see...a kid in a cat suit? Eh, not the weirdest thing I've seen today

"I'm Evelynn, who are you?"

Evelynn
Still in hell
Somewhen
Another cat?

I look up from massaging my tail at the sound of a new voice to see...a kid in a cat suit? Eh, not the weirdest thing I've seen today

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
Hello there, person

Huh...weird person who is very lacking in the clothes department. I mean, wear a bell at least!

Deciding to shove that thought into the back of my mind, I go to introduce myself...

What name should I use...(few seconds pass with him just poking the ground thinking. From others view, he's desperately trying to remember something)

Ah! I got it. "My name is Erik!" Nailed it. Generic name, but one that's not completely stupid and at least isn't drowned out by hundreds with the same. (This lad seems very pleased with himself atm for this accomplishment)

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
Who are they? :thonk:

Arriving in, I take a look around before seeing a group of demons... they don't seem to be doing anything, and I sense a faint smell of flirting from them...

I stare at the smol. There was a very loud part of my brain screaming to float over there and huggle him. "My name's Lilliana." Resist. Urge. To. Hug. I don't want to stick him into marshmallow hell.... Huh I have to worry about that when hugging people now.
Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
Hello there, person

Huh...weird person who is very lacking in the clothes department. I mean, wear a bell at least!

Deciding to shove that thought into the back of my mind, I go to introduce myself...

What name should I use...(few seconds pass with him just poking the ground thinking. From others view, he's desperately trying to remember something)

Ah! I got it. "My name is Erik!" Nailed it. Generic name, but one that's not completely stupid and at least isn't drowned out by hundreds with the same. (This lad seems very pleased with himself atm for this accomplishment)
Did he forget his name? Nep damnep it I really want to hug him now.

I stare at the smol. There was a very loud part of my brain screaming to float over there and huggle him. "My name's Lilliana." Resist. Urge. To. Hug. I don't want to stick him into marshmallow hell.... Huh I have to worry about that when hugging people now.

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
...why is she staring at me...

Looking over to the fox girl with nine tails I just wave an arm in greetings.

"Sup." She seems...I would like to say alright for a first impression, but why do I get the faint sense of danger from her...Not in the sense of somebody who will punch me for any small slights, but something...different.

Iris
Somewhere Mordor-ish
Dark times
A new party member?

Trinity
Hell, only not
Time to dial back the flirting, sadly
That may have been too far

My smirk turns more neutral at Iris' words, and my cheeks redden. Uhhhhhhhhhhh. I... she might be implying something a bit further than what I was expecting. That wasn't even meant to be flirting! That was just me being silly! I just wanted silly teasing...

Okay, uh, if she escalates again, then I'll ask her to turn it down.

"Well, how could I resist? Though, that might be going too far with the present company," I answer, more flustered than my previous lines.

Okay, hopefully that's that dealt with. I turn away and slap my cheeks lightly to try and calm down, then turn back to the group.

"Anyone else want to throw their two cents in?" I ask.

@kinigget
@Ylamona
@Xalgeon

That brings a chuckle out of me. It's amusing to see her flustered like that, though yeah, maybe another time.

...I blink, for I have not flirted before. What's gotten into me? ...It was fun though.

Lishenna

"There's nothing to add, it seems most already choose to visit the settlements~" I said cheerily "Perhaps a smart choice, we might be able to get some rest there which just what we need to cool ourselves"

"No, no. It's fine. Please do continue and don't mind us" I chuckled while covering my mouth "I won't judge at the very least, in fact you should go further and stop dancing around the edge~"

I chuckle again. "Hm? There's nothing to dance around in the first place."

In the meantime, I gently wrap my wings around myself.

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
Who are they?

Evelynn
Still in hell
Somewhen
Another cat?

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
Hello there, person

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
...why is she staring at me...

Looking over to the fox girl with nine tails I just wave an arm in greetings.

"Sup." She seems...I would like to say alright for a first impression, but why do I get the faint sense of danger from her...Not in the sense of somebody who will punch me for any small slights, but something...different.

"I'm Iris," I say, introducing myself with a wave and a smile. I wonder if the cute little Slumber Cat is in the same boat as us...

"So, settlement or cave?" I ask the others who have yet to answer. We do need to get going soon.

Last edited:
Trinity
Hell, only not
Time to meet someone new
Conflicted

"No, no. It's fine. Please do continue and don't mind us" I chuckled while covering my mouth "I won't judge at the very least, in fact you should go further and stop dancing around the edge~"
I let out a light strangled noise at that. Why? And what if Iris wants to say yes?
That brings a chuckle out of me. It's amusing to see her flustered like that, though yeah, maybe another time.

...I blink, for I have not flirted before. What's gotten into me? ...It was fun though.

I chuckle again. "Hm? There's nothing to dance around in the first place."

In the meantime, I gently wrap my wings around myself.
Well, that was a relief. If we kept it to words it'd have been fine, but more would've been too far.

...Though, I am a little disappointed she's wrapped herself up again...wait, what?
People said:
Wha? Where'd this person - Erik - come from?

"Heeeeeyyy," I say, still recovering from my last thought before he showed up, "I'm Trinity, how'd you get here?"

"Heeeeeyyy," I say, still recovering from my last thought before he showed up, "I'm Trinity, how'd you get here?"
Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
...:thonk:
(Erik has a low attention span)

Looking at the lady called Trinity, I puff up with confidence and answer with.....

Oh shit, I already forgot... Let's just act (Show how he is really) confused. "...I dunno."

I then look around with one paw on my chin while trying to recall how I did get here...huh, paw pads are very soft... WHAT'S THAT!
(Erik is now distracted trying to catch something he saw in the corner of his eyes like a trained hunter...Yeah, it's his tail)

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
...:thonk:
(Erik has a low attention span)

Looking at the lady called Trinity, I puff up with confidence and answer with.....

Oh shit, I already forgot... Let's just act (Show how he is really) confused. "...I dunno."

I then look around with one paw on my chin while trying to recall how I did get here...huh, paw pads are very soft... WHAT'S THAT!
(Erik is now distracted trying to catch something he saw in the corner of his eyes like a trained hunter...Yeah, it's his tail)
If I was still carrying plant lady, I'd have dropped her by the time I started moving. Moving towards what? Why the smol cat. Poor thing clearly can't defend himself and he is absolutly adorable! I scooped up the small cat into my arms and promptly started hugging him. Oh. Soft. That makes the hug better.
Trinity
Hell, only not
Time to meet someone new
Conflicted

I let out a light strangled noise at that. Why? And what if Iris wants to say yes?

Well, that was a relief. If we kept it to words it'd have been fine, but more would've been too far.

...Though, I am a little disappointed she's wrapped herself up again...wait, what?

"So we're heading to the town right?" I asked Trinity, still hugging smoll cat/Erik.

If I was still carrying plant lady, I'd have dropped her by the time I started moving. Moving towards what? Why the smol cat. Poor thing clearly can't defend himself and he is absolutly adorable! I scooped up the small cat into my arms and promptly started hugging him. Oh. Soft. That makes the hug better.

"So we're heading to the town right?" I asked Trinity, still hugging smoll cat/Erik.
Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
DANGER!

Getting picked up, I was now panicking frantically (Not really). Struggling (Wiggling) in my capturer's grasp, I shall prove myself stronger!

...Just...need to get out somehow...I know! Chomp. (More accurately...nibble...there's a reason Slumber Cats never bite, even in fights...they don't have nearly enough biting strength to even hurt somebody)

Trinity
Hell, only not
Time to get going
Wait, me?

Eh? Why am I being asked this? Did I just get made the leader? ...Why?

"Uh, yeah, there's a majority. Let's go," I say, slightly hesitant. Regardless, I head off towards what looks like the town, missing the struggles of the Slumber Cat.

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
DANGER!

Getting picked up, I was now panicking frantically (Not really). Struggling (Wiggling) in my capturer's grasp, I shall prove myself stronger!

...Just...need to get out somehow...I know! Chomp. (More accurately...nibble...there's a reason Slumber Cats never bite, even in fights...they don't have nearly enough biting strength to even hurt somebody)
I blink as I feel a nip on my finger. Yep. Not bleeding. Looking at the cat, I merely gave em a headpat without putting them out of the hug. "That's not nice, use your words." I chuckled out. I hugged the cat to my chest, keeping the slumber cat from nipping me again.
Trinity
Hell, only not
Time to get going
Wait, me?

Eh? Why am I being asked this? Did I just get made the leader? ...Why?

"Uh, yeah, there's a majority. Let's go," I say, slightly hesitant. Regardless, I head off towards what looks like the town, missing the struggles of the Slumber Cat.
I nodded and followed, my tails gently waving in the wind as I floated towards the town.

I blink as I feel a nip on my finger. Yep. Not bleeding. Looking at the cat, I merely gave em a headpat without putting them out of the hug. "That's not nice, use your words." I chuckled out. I hugged the cat to my chest, keeping the slumber cat from nipping me again.
Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
Panicked and startled Scottish Yelling :V

Hissing at the attacker, I am still struggling. (Wiggling)

"BLOODY PUT ME DOWN YA DAFT CUNT!?! I AIN'T NO CHILD THAT YA CAN BLOODY PICK UP LIKE A BLANKY!" I am now making hissing sounds after saying that.

Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
Panicked and startled Scottish Yelling :V

Hissing at the attacker, I am still struggling. (Wiggling)

"BLOODY PUT ME DOWN YA DAFT CUNT!?! I AIN'T NO CHILD THAT YA CAN BLOODY PICK UP LIKE A BLANKY!" I am now making hissing sounds after saying that.
"Awwwwwwww...." I placed the smoll cat down. He's too cute to get mad at. Then I yawned. "Ah nep damnep it.... I really want to find a place to nap..."

"Awwwwwwww...." I placed the smoll cat down. He's too cute to get mad at. Then I yawned. "Ah nep damnep it.... I really want to find a place to nap..."
Erik
Slumber Cat
Hell
That is right...you better listen. Pout

Landing on the ground, I immediately widen the distance between me and the attacker now known as Liliana. I hiss once before making use of something Slumber Cats are ironically known for.

Being very fast, running towards the settlement. (Despite his absent-mindedness before, he's much more agile and dexterous than he lets off, making his way with little care for obstacles)

The group walked...and walked...and walked some more...eventually though, they did make it to the settlement. From closer up, the buildings were hidden by a large wall, largely grey, with a worn red stripe near the bottom. A gate stood before the either, and through it the barest view of the town could be seen: what looked like a market of sorts. Entrance, however, was barred by a pair of lightly-armoured, halberd-wielding guards, one on either side. The one on the left was a girl with short, green hair; while her counterpart was a man with brown hair and a headband.

"Halt!" Yelled the one to the right, he paused, seemingly studying each of the newcomers' faces. Upon finishing, he relaxed and continued, "What business do you have here?"

@UbeOne @Ylamona @ForgottonFuture @kinigget @Noob5674 @Xalgeon @Hallesworth49

Evelynn
Civilization! Maybe!
Please don't let us fuck this one up

My heart went out to my fellow cat person, but I wasn't going to get close and risk the same treatment. I'd spent the whole trip keeping my distance from the grabby fox

"Halt!" Yelled the one to the right, he paused, seemingly studying each of the newcomers' faces. Upon finishing, he relaxed and continued, "What business do you have here?"

"Just newcomers looking for shelter! We mean no harm!" Oh please let this negotiation go well, I'm getting tired and hungry and i dont wanna run for my life again

The group walked...and walked...and walked some more...eventually though, they did make it to the settlement. From closer up, the buildings were hidden by a large wall, largely grey, with a worn red stripe near the bottom. A gate stood before the either, and through it the barest view of the town could be seen: what looked like a market of sorts. Entrance, however, was barred by a pair of lightly-armoured, halberd-wielding guards, one on either side. The one on the left was a girl with short, green hair; while her counterpart was a man with brown hair and a headband.

Evelynn
Civilization! Maybe!
Please don't let us fuck this one up

My heart went out to my fellow cat person, but I wasn't going to get close and risk the same treatment. I'd spent the whole trip keeping my distance from the grabby fox

"Just newcomers looking for shelter! We mean no harm!" Oh please let this negotiation go well, I'm getting tired and hungry and i dont wanna run for my life again
I pointed a thumb at the kitty girl before yawing. "Yeah.... I really want a place to nap...." I yawned once more. Huh.... It seems if all of my temper, adreneline, and stress from being... dead(?) are gone.... Least it'll make it easy for me to sleep....

Erik
Slumber Cat
Civilization
...What were we here for again?

Looking up at them, (He's barely 4 feet tall) and just says bluntly, "I dunno. I just followed where they were going."

I pointed a thumb at the kitty girl before yawing. "Yeah.... I really want a place to nap...."
Huh...wonder what happened with them? (Tilts head while backing slowly away from foxgirl to make sure no sleepy armlocks occur)

"What were you guys running from?"

So a big voice wants to reincarnate me and gives me options. I should think about it carefully. This choice only affects the rest of my life... So sinner? For the irony factor Nah. They lose out to other first users in the late game.

[Later]

A bear could be nice I think but I feel like some things missing...

[Mutch later]

Aha! A lantern I confirm my choice!

So I appear in the mateal world. I quickly look around to asses my situation while the voice did say that he will put us all close I didn't imagine it meant right in the middle of the group. And what a group it is full of colorful characters it was.

"Hello everybody I have reborn! My names Cucurbita Pepo but all of you can call me Pepo." There good enough if basic introduction.

@Jhin Lemon (Do the thing!)

Last edited:
Stoberyl

The fortified settlement looked more impressive close up than at a distance. 'Hopefully they are in the mood for making friends.'

"We're new to this place, dood. Just got here a little while ago. Do you know where we are?"

"What were you guys running from?"

"Dood, It was a strong party of demons. Far stronger than us at least. They took over the mansion at that direction."

"Hello everybody I have reborn! My names Cucurbita Pepo but all of you can call me Pepo."

"Hiya, dood! My name's Stoberyl" she says to their new group member who looks like scarecrow with a pumpkin head. Erik, the person in a... catsuit? Well, he didn't catch Stoberyl's name earlier and that should do it for introductions. Speaking of which, where did the martial artist go? He was just right behind her...

Erik
Slumber Cat
Entrance to Civilization
WHAT THE FU-

"Dood, It was a strong party of demons. Far stronger than us at least. They took over the mansion at that direction."
Huh...Wait, does that mean they did something bad and I'm associating with criminals? But the guardsmen aren't really reacting much besides us being a large group...

"Why were they chasing you guys, you don't look like you've hurt or stolen anything yet..." (Tilts head to other side)
Erik, the person in a... catsuit?
...Why is the penguin...staring at me weirdly? "What's with that look?" (He is returning with this look)
So I appear in the mateal world. I quickly look around to asses my situation while the voice did say that he will put us all close I didn't imagine it meant right in the middle of the group. And what a group it is full of colorful characters it was.

"Hello everybody I have reborn! My names Cucurbita Pepo but all of you can call me Pepo." There good enough if basic introduction.
Not quite expecting a pumpkin person to appear in the middle of everybody, I jump back (Fall over backwards) and yell the first thing that comes to mind as I hit the ground.

"BLYAT, WHAT'S GOING ON!?!" And then I instinctively roll back into a combat stance and attempt intimidation tactics. (He rolled back over onto 4 legs before making a sound like a child mimicking a cat, mimicking a tiger)

"Hiya, dood! My name's Stoberyl"
Pepo
Lantern
The 3rd coming of Pumpkin Jesus

I looked at the speaker seems nice enough person greeting me with such splendid attitude. Which makes me all the more sad to see someone who would willingly submit themselves to everything that being a Prinny entails. That is unless they have ah... Certain preferences I'm not one to judge truly. A complicated look appears on my face.

"Nice to me..."
"BLYAT, WHAT'S GOING ON!?!" And then I instinctively roll back into a combat stance and attempt intimidation tactics. (He rolled back over onto 4 legs before making a sound like a child mimicking a cat, mimicking a tiger)
I was interrupted mid-sentence how rude! Turning I saw a small Slumber Cat. He looked frightened and trying to act tough.

I raised my hands in the air trying to look none threatening. Huh, white gloves and what looked a sleeve from a tailor-made suit neat! "Ah, I'm so sorry to startle you young one. May I repay you for this scare somehow?" Truly I feel a bit like a jerk now. I know I did not do a single thing to feel that way but still. People tend to go the extra mile for children.

Last edited:
The guards relaxed some more at the answers, only to tense up at the Lantern's sudden appearance, and Zal's disappearance.

"I swear, every time I get one of you out of this, another one shows up." The familiar voice grumbles.

After staring at Pepo for slightly longer than the rest of the group, the guards' tension drops. "He with you?" the woman asks.

Trinity
Hell, only not; some town
Time to get into town
Interruptions

I silently raise a hand to my face at the sudden newcomer making things look suspicious. As their question comes, I spring forward. "Yup, he was just a little late," I answer. It looks like he's in the same situation as us, what with the comment about being reborn, and how much of a threat can a Lantern be if I'm wrong? He doesn't seem super powerful like that Zombie.

"I'm Trinity, by the way," I say quietly to Pepo.

@exerty

The guards look to each other, shrug, and stand aside.

"Cause no trouble," the man orders, a hand gesturing to inside the gate.

Erik
Slumber Cat
Entrance to Civilization
I am not young!

I raised my hands in the air trying to look none threatening. Huh, white gloves and what looked a sleeve from a tailor-made suit neat! "Ah, I'm so sorry to startle you young one. May I repay you for this scare somehow?"
OI, WHOS YOUNG HERE! (More hissing and now instead of 'trying' to look threatening, he's just plain out looking like he's about to throw a fit)

"I AM NOT YOUNG!"
The guards relaxed some more at the answers, only to tense up at the Lantern's sudden appearance, and Zal's disappearance.

"I swear, every time I get one of you out of this, another one shows up." The familiar voice grumbles.

After staring at Pepo for slightly longer than the rest of the group, the guards' tension drops. "He with you?" the woman asks.

Trinity
Hell, only not; some town
Time to get into town
Interruptions

I silently raise a hand to my face at the sudden newcomer making things look suspicious. As their question comes, I spring forward. "Yup, he was just a little late," I answer. It looks like he's in the same situation as us, what with the comment about being reborn, and how much of a threat can a Lantern be if I'm wrong? He doesn't seem super powerful like that Zombie.

"I'm Trinity, by the way," I say quietly to Pepo.

@exerty

The guards look to each other, shrug, and stand aside.

"Cause no trouble," the man orders, a hand gesturing to inside the gate.
Noticing the guards accept the group's entrance, (Ear twitch) I run in full speed past without waiting for the weird group to catch up. (Still on all 4 running)

Back