Smith has had some truly horrendous roles lately and people were scared that he would fuck up Suicide Squad with his new terribad acting skilz but he seems to be back in form from what I can see in the trailers.

What the fuck is it with people and Will Smith?

Like seriously, do any of you believe that RDJ strains a single acting muscle playing Iron Man? The role he's been doing the same way for a decade now?

This is a meme on the level of "movie reshoots!" Absolute garbage, peddled by some of the worst clickbaiters on the Internet. Just bury it already.

Samuel L. Jackson is even worse. Even when he's playing a fucking Jedi Master, I hear Jules from Pulp Fiction.

There probably is one on the soundtrack SOMEWHERE. :rofl::lol

Was pleasantly surprised to see Belle Reeve and it being out in the swamps. Nice tie in to the original comics...

Double posting!

Final trailer people, GET HYPED:

How many trailers did BvS get anyway? At least they learned from their mistakes and didn't reveal the entire story this time.

Still very far from sold on Leto's Joker, but otherwise I'm really looking forward to this :)

Suicide Squad looks like it'll succeed where the other DC films have struggled, and i think it's clear why: This movie respects it's source material

Suicide Squad looks like it'll succeed where the other DC films have struggled, and i think it's clear why: This movie respects it's source material
I wouldn't say the other DC films disrespected their source material, it's just that they lacked an unifying vision and just threw a bunch of things together to see what stuck. I think it helps here that they're working from a smaller reference pool. They're not dealing with ideas and concepts from 80 years of comic history and character changes. Most of the characters in Suicide Squad are at least post-70's and their most popular versions are all from the last 20 years or so.

I wouldn't say the other DC films disrespected their source material, it's just that they lacked an unifying vision and just threw a bunch of things together to see what stuck. I think it helps here that they're working from a smaller reference pool. They're not dealing with ideas and concepts from 80 years of comic history and character changes. Most of the characters in Suicide Squad are at least post-70's and their most popular versions are all from the last 20 years or so.
I would. They failed to portray even the most basic aspects of the characters.

That's up to you. I feel that they got Batman damn perfect in BvS. Wonder Woman was barely on screen but she was pretty good. Superman was Ok, but the Clark part of the character was lacking.
Wonder Woman, i'll grant wasn't bad but she also didn't get much screen time

However Zach clearly misunderstood key aspects of both Batman and Superman

For Superman, he failed to understand that Superman, despite being an alien, is human in every way that matters

For Batman, he fails to understand that Batman does not kill Casually

For Superman, he failed to understand that Superman, despite being an alien, is human in every way that matters

Superman in the movies is a very human character. Snyder just wanted to put the Christ metaphor that Superman represents front and center. It's something that hasn't really been explored in films and it's a valid way to look at the characters.

For Batman, he fails to understand that Batman does not kill Casually
Yeah that was a dumb scene but other than that it was the one of the best depictions of the character. It's everything that Batman should be, violent, ill-tempered, paranoid, but also intelligent and very skilled at what he does.

Now don't get me wrong, the BvS movie was hot garbage, but that wasn't because of the characters. It was because the movie was edited together with a chainsaw.

Superman in the movies is a very human character. Snyder just wanted to put the Christ metaphor that Superman represents front and center. It's something that hasn't really been explored in films and it's a valid way to look at the characters.

Yeah that was a dumb scene but other than that it was the one of the best depictions of the character. It's everything that Batman should be, violent, ill-tempered, paranoid, but also intelligent and very skilled at what he does.

Now don't get me wrong, the BvS movie was hot garbage, but that wasn't because of the characters. It was because the movie was edited together with a chainsaw.
Snyder make Superman too godlike.

And he misses out on batman's compassion

Snyder make Superman too godlike.
I disagree, while BvS didn't explore it well, MoS certainly did. People need to remember that Superman isn't human. He is effectively a god. Yes he has a deep humanity to him, but at the same time he is beyond humanity. He is a giant walking among insects, and it's worthwhile to explore that idea.

And he misses out on batman's compassion
Batman isn't a very compassionate person.

Batman is actually a very compassionate person. He spends millions on charities per year, and invests millions into making Gotham a better place. PArt of why he doesn't kill is because he doesn't want to be the man who takes away a child's parents

Back