Danmachi Quest (Danmachi/Fate Apocrypha)

Name: Ginko

Appearance: Dye our hair to something darker, get some glasses, maybe bulkier clothes to obscure our actual physique.

How are you hiding Verschlinger: My first thought is to leave it with the Familia, but going without that sword seems...dangerous. get a different sheath, wrap some leather or something around the ornate bits and do something to obscure its actual finish - stain it or something.

Fake your death? - Can we head into the dungeon and come out a different person without them tracking us? Maybe go in with our familia and then have them come out without us. I liked the 'Fake our death and then fake leaving town' double gambit as well.

Will you go into hiding with another Familia or with John rather than joining back with your Familia as a mysterious new entrant - Stick with John. Leave the Familia out of this for now.

I'm closing out voting with Disguise winning. I'm a little confused where everyone is getting the other lineages from? You're only from Siegfried's line.

From the latest Dead End:
"I've been hunting you for so long Minamoto Sozen, last of Siegfried's line," the assassin rasps.

Unless that's another Minamoto surname, I guessed it was from the same family as Minamoto no Yoshitsune, famous warrior from the Heian Period of Japan.

And by that count:

Shimasen Sonzai's bloodline = Siegfried
Imperial Privilege = Nero Claudius Augustus Caesar (aka Red Saber)
The "Minamoto Sozen" name = Minamoto no Yoshitsune
That rumor of Yoshitsune being Ghenghis Khan = Ghenghis Khan
muh dark past = EMIYA

Really, only the first one counts. The others are just happy speculation/crazy ramblings. :p

@Emperor Toast How effective cross dressing will be :p

Not very, you're not built like John which would be the equivalent of Jack Rakan cross dressing, but you're not feminine enough to really make it work. I considered it but I don't think it's viable.

From the latest Dead End:

Unless that's another Minamoto surname, I guessed it was from the same family as Minamoto no Yoshitsune, famous warrior from the Heian Period of Japan.

And by that count:

Shimasen Sonzai's bloodline = Siegfried
Imperial Privilege = Nero Claudius Augustus Caesar (aka Red Saber)
The "Minamoto Sozen" name = Minamoto no Yoshitsune
That rumor of Yoshitsune being Ghenghis Khan = Ghenghis Khan
muh dark past = EMIYA

Really, only the first one counts. The others are just happy speculation/crazy ramblings. :p

Ohh that's where the Nero one came from. That was the one that had me most curious. The really REALLY quick and dirty version of how this worked out is that Siegfried did his thing with Brunhilde and fell in love with a foreign princess and peaced out to the Far East. Children and marriages continue to progress until the Minamoto line which ends up being the leading house in the East.

Ok, some suggestions, @Emperor Toast

Name: Depends on ethnicity, not sure what Sonzai could fake well, but see below for what I mean. Tell me what you think would work and I'll look up names.
Appearance: Using high quality makeup that won't run easily (or just by getting a good tan and being sure to keep it up) darken our skin tone to look like a different ethnicity. Change hairstyle, dye hair, and get colored contacts to match. Wear Heavy Armor, at first buying something affordable but decent and only later having Welf make you something. (or just dye hair black, get brown contacts, and try to look like a more generic person from the Eastern Lands, but this may be too obvious)

How are you hiding Verschlinger? - Get a cheaper, less ornate sheath. Have Welf come of up with some less ornate bits and bobs that can be fitted over the ornate bits of the handle of the sword as is without impairing your ability to use it.

Fake your death? - No. Have rumors spread that we've left town. If we're supposedly dead, Assassin will still investigate to be sure, which brings focus on our family for sure. If we've supposedly left town, Assassin has to send at least a few bodies out to chase us or the trail will go cold. If Morrighan thinks it a good idea, have Eina altar or 'lose due to Administrative error' our paperwork at the Guild to make it less likely we can be linked to our Familia.

Will you go into hiding with another Familia or with John rather than joining back with your Familia as a mysterious new entrant. - Continue training with John for a week or two, possibly in the Dungeon (with your new appearance if doing so), until Denatus finishes and you can see some results. Use the time to train with moving in Heavy Armor as well as Swordsmanship, and to try to get into your new persona with some new mannerisms. If training in the Dungeon add magic to your routine, so you both rank up and get practice with using it at the same time as your sword. Meet with Morrighan discreetly if feasible to get our Falna updated if needed, and she can send and receive messages through her crows otherwise. After that time period, get 'recruited' into the Morrighan Familia - have a feasible backstory to explain your current stats, like having been a minor wandering mercenary who worked for a few Familia outside of Orario for a couple years until you figured you could get more stable work as an Adventurer in Orario and that you were more likely to level up here than out there - possibly through Eina recommending the Familia as they need a replacement for a member who recently left.

Do you want to control Morrighan when she goes to Denatus? - No, just do an interlude. I don't think SV would play her character very well.

This was very detailed and had great ideas! This is a strong commitment to the disguise persona, do you have any intentions of removing it? Or is this more of a "be as thorough as possible and see how Denatus plays out?"

So, we're a guy who loves to do heroic things, but often gets injured to the point of needing intensive care? Well, there's only one man we can be.

[jk] Name: Kamijou Touma

[jk] Appearance:

:V

...well I think I'm going to give this quest a miss for a while at least, what looked like something kinda fun has turned into the sort of repeated nut punch treatment I like to avoid, it doesn't help that you've gone from pulling our fat out of the fire at the start to 'lol you die' so, yeah I think I'll be back in a week or 4 and see how things have gone

This was very detailed and had great ideas! This is a strong commitment to the disguise persona, do you have any intentions of removing it? Or is this more of a "be as thorough as possible and see how Denatus plays out?"

We have to be thorough if we're going to throw Assassin off track, but we don't want to stay away from our Familia too much otherwise getting our Falna updated would be a pain.

If we feel safe to come back out into the open we can, but don't reveal to many people that our alter ego was actually us. Occasionally slip back into the alter ego so it appears the alter ego is still around and active with the Familia (keep a separate room in the manor and make sure it seems inhabited) but when asked about where the alter ego is say the alter ego is doing odd jobs for Morrighan out of town most of the time (I imagine she'll expand her network beyond Orario at some point anyways) due to being well traveled to begin with. For Sonzai's story of where he's been, either say just out of the city until the risk from Assassin died down or that we were living in the Dungeon (Rivira outskirts camping in the wooded areas).

In this way, Sonzai can skip town again if we think Assassin will come calling, but more easily slip into our Familia again without arousing suspicion.

We could totally cross dress for success....

It's actually kind of tempting to be honest.

We just would be a less feminine lady.

Last edited:
Yeah, looking at our profile picture, I could see us pulling off a "serious, slightly androgynous woman" look. It'd be hilarious to do, if only to see the looks on everybody's faces when we pull it off.

Nobody would ever suspect p-p-poor s-s-stuttering Professor Quirel.
Seriously though, Enjou has this down. I'd suggest using a different sword rather than Verslinger however. It only grows against powerful monsters so as long as we don't intend to fight any bosses its not going to miss any growth, it'll just be a bit harder to fight for a while.

Ok, @Emperor Toast, I'm still drawing a blank on the name, but here are some concepts for appearance based on my earlier suggestion of our physical disguise.

Idea 1 - Instead of dying our hair, just change the style. Still wear makeup to change our skin tone and colored contacts to change our eye color. But why not change the hair too? Well, there's something to be said for refuge in audacity. Why would Sonzai change his skin and eye color, but not his hair color? That would be quite strange, wouldn't it? There's something to be said for refuge in audacity. Dying our hair color is an obvious way to disguise ourself, but makeup and color contacts less obvious. If we were going to do those two things, why wouldn't we dye our hair? Assassin might think the same thing. Thus, a persona with white hair but all other features changed would potentially be overlooked. By attracting attention and just acting like you belong there, you make people think that you do belong there. It also has the added benefit of Sonzai being able to swap between personas easier if it comes to that, as he wouldn't have to wash out or put in hair dye when he wanted to change. Viability might depend on how rare white hair is in the Danmachi verse, which given there's all sorts of colors of hair may not be all that rare.

So I have two personality concepts based on this idea, just make the necessary adjustments and throw them in heavy armor. Not sure which would be better.

This persona is masked, but wears some flamboyant looking headgear. He's typically aloof and a man of few words.

This persona is less visibly flamoyant, but has a more brash and in your face personality. Has a heart of gold beneath his somewhat jerkish personality, of course. This would probably require better acting on Sonzai's part.

I also thought maybe of suggesting Archer for this character type.

Idea 2 - Just go with the full changes suggested earlier. Possible character concept:

In terms of character backstory, I have a few rough ideas...

Childhood - Orphan. Used to live in an orphanage before it closed down. Had a talent for fighting, so joined up with a Familia outside Orario and made his way. Because of his past, he maybe gives some of his earnings to an orphanage (would go great with asshole with a heart of gold persona, IMO), which establishes a pattern of behavior unrelated to Sonzai.

Why we came to Orario:
1. The one from earlier that he's a traveling mercenary who worked for a number of different Familia before coming to Orario with the goal of leveling up. Eina introduces us to the Morrighan Familia as Morrighan is looking for someone to fill in for Sonzai's role. Eina is more involved in the deception in this way though, which could put her at greater risk.
2. We are a former member of the Ares Familia/Rakia who decided we wanted out. Welf is an old acquaintance of ours, and low and behold we have a "chance meeting" and he recruits us into the Familia since we're looking for one. Rakia has a large number of soldiers so it would be hard to confirm we weren't ever a member, and the only one who could say for sure is Ares (while I haven't read the Light Novels, I would say a war god whose emblem is a hero in heavy armor wouldn't be the type to want to assassinate a hero's line - kill them in battle, sure, but assassination wouldn't be his style).

I'd go with whichever of the above Morrighan would recommend.

We should fake our death, but make it "obvious" (for a given value of obvious, which is to say do a fair job of it because this is Assassin we're talking about here) and then leave a subtle paper trail (or the scraps thereof, if we want to be even sneakier) "proving" that we actually left the city. Nin-nin!
Fake your death? - No. Have rumors spread that we've left town. If we're supposedly dead, Assassin will still investigate to be sure, which brings focus on our family for sure. If we've supposedly left town, Assassin has to send at least a few bodies out to chase us or the trail will go cold. If Morrighan thinks it a good idea, have Eina altar or 'lose due to Administrative error' our paperwork at the Guild to make it less likely we can be linked to our Familia.

So, there've been suggestions to fake our death; or to just spread rumors that we left town; or to fake our death and have rumors spread that we left town.

What about another possibility?

Namely -- what if we try to make a trap for them? "Leak" rumors about us being in a certain place, or about us getting ready to leave or something, and then use that as an opportunity to turn the trap on the hunters?

Or, alternatively, rather than using rumors and stuff to do this -- we do it directly.

Simply use ourselves as bait for a trap.

Last edited:
So, there've been suggestions to fake our death; or to just spread rumors that we left town; or to fake our death and have rumors spread that we left town.

Namely -- what if we try to make a trap for them? "Leak" rumors about us being in a certain place, or about us getting ready to leave or something, and then use that as an opportunity to turn the trap on the hunters?

Or, alternatively, rather than using rumors and stuff to do this -- we do it directly.

You know that roll we failed? That wasn't a fighting roll: it was a hiding roll. If Assassin finds us we're dead.

Also, would you like to sacrifice anybody to trap Assassin? Because they have no qualms about killing anything and everything, based on our past and the bad end.

Edit: For a name, how about Susila Sharma?

Susila = Good character
Sharma = joy, shelter

Last edited:

You would need to put together a pretty powerful coalition of adventurers to pull that off, it could be something you pursue but not in the immediate term as you lack sufficient personal strength and allies.

Ok, @Emperor Toast, I'm still drawing a blank on the name, but here are some concepts for appearance based on my earlier suggestion of our physical disguise.

Idea 1 - Instead of dying our hair, just change the style. Still wear makeup to change our skin tone and colored contacts to change our eye color. But why not change the hair too? Well, there's something to be said for refuge in audacity. Why would Sonzai change his skin and eye color, but not his hair color? That would be quite strange, wouldn't it? There's something to be said for refuge in audacity. Dying our hair color is an obvious way to disguise ourself, but makeup and color contacts less obvious. If we were going to do those two things, why wouldn't we dye our hair? Assassin might think the same thing. Thus, a persona with white hair but all other features changed would potentially be overlooked. By attracting attention and just acting like you belong there, you make people think that you do belong there. It also has the added benefit of Sonzai being able to swap between personas easier if it comes to that, as he wouldn't have to wash out or put in hair dye when he wanted to change. Viability might depend on how rare white hair is in the Danmachi verse, which given there's all sorts of colors of hair may not be all that rare.

So I have two personality concepts based on this idea, just make the necessary adjustments and throw them in heavy armor. Not sure which would be better.

This persona is masked, but wears some flamboyant looking headgear. He's typically aloof and a man of few words.

This persona is less visibly flamoyant, but has a more brash and in your face personality. Has a heart of gold beneath his somewhat jerkish personality, of course. This would probably require better acting on Sonzai's part.

I also thought maybe of suggesting Archer for this character type.

Idea 2 - Just go with the full changes suggested earlier. Possible character concept:

In terms of character backstory, I have a few rough ideas...

Childhood - Orphan. Used to live in an orphanage before it closed down. Had a talent for fighting, so joined up with a Familia outside Orario and made his way. Because of his past, he maybe gives some of his earnings to an orphanage (would go great with asshole with a heart of gold persona, IMO), which establishes a pattern of behavior unrelated to Sonzai.

Why we came to Orario:
1. The one from earlier that he's a traveling mercenary who worked for a number of different Familia before coming to Orario with the goal of leveling up. Eina introduces us to the Morrighan Familia as Morrighan is looking for someone to fill in for Sonzai's role. Eina is more involved in the deception in this way though, which could put her at greater risk.
2. We are a former member of the Ares Familia/Rakia who decided we wanted out. Welf is an old acquaintance of ours, and low and behold we have a "chance meeting" and he recruits us into the Familia since we're looking for one. Rakia has a large number of soldiers so it would be hard to confirm we weren't ever a member, and the only one who could say for sure is Ares (while I haven't read the Light Novels, I would say a war god whose emblem is a hero in heavy armor wouldn't be the type to want to assassinate a hero's line - kill them in battle, sure, but assassination wouldn't be his style).

I'd go with whichever of the above Morrighan would recommend.

A rakia war orphan origin would work pretty well. I'm not quite sure you could pull off darkening several shades in a short period of time, unfortunately there aren't any spray on tans xD. Make up can only go so far before it becomes pretty obvious.

I'm a bit swamped at work, hoping to update maybe Thursday evening. If not then Friday or saturday.

A rakia war orphan origin would work pretty well. I'm not quite sure you could pull off darkening several shades in a short period of time, unfortunately there aren't any spray on tans xD. Make up can only go so far before it becomes pretty obvious.

Hmmm... well then, Hei from Darker Than Black might work.

Similar Eastern features, similar hair length, somewhat darker skin tone (at least in certain shots). Just adopt a different personality when in this guise. Either the very cold, withdrawn Hei personality that isn't as friendly as Sonzai, or a more brash one like I described earlier.

For disguises -- correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we didn't use our magic spell against the Assassins, right?

And in fact, very few people know what our magic spell is.

So... as part of our disguise, perhaps we can make more use of magic?

((And I want to level up the Magic stat a lot anyway, too. Our other stats are really awesome, but our Magic came in late, so it's, well, quite understandably lagging behind.))
You would need to put together a pretty powerful coalition of adventurers to pull that off, it could be something you pursue but not in the immediate term as you lack sufficient personal strength and allies.
Hmm... Hey, the Hashashin are a problem for everybody in Orario, right? I mean, they've been killing the shit out of a lot of people -- and even struck heavily at Dionysus's Familia, for example.

So I bet that it's possible that the Familias -- or at least their Adventurers -- are going to want to deal with them, right? Because they're a menace killing people.

And there's bound to be a lot of high-level Adventurers in here, right?

So even if we don't personally have all the connections to get a high-level party together just based on our friends, could we perhaps get a coalition going anyway? (At the least, we do know of Aiz and Riveria - and "speak to Aiz and Riveria about the assassins" was one of the options available.)

Morrighan might have the connections -- and subtlety -- to be able to inform and convince the high-level Adventurers to participate in a trap for the Assassins, maybe?

Last edited:
Hmmm... well then, Hei from Darker Than Black might work.

Similar Eastern features, similar hair length, somewhat darker skin tone (at least in certain shots). Just adopt a different personality when in this guise. Either the very cold, withdrawn Hei personality that isn't as friendly as Sonzai, or a more brash one like I described earlier.
Ah Electric Batman, good choice. Lets be him before he turned into a murderhobo though.

Hm... Hey, @Emperor Toast , what does it take to advance Imperial Privilege? Just using it?

Because I was wondering why we didn't level it up any during Hell Week? Since, well, if it mostly takes using it then, given that it's something you can use in various fights, should we have gotten some advances and experience in the Imperial Privilege skill during Hell Week?

Since we could have been using Imperial Privilege to gain Swordsmanship plus Military Tactics. Plus possibly Charisma ("Stop hitting me! Not the face, not the face!") and Hiding ("His vision is based on movement. His vision is based on movement. His vision is based on movement. He can't see me if I'm not moving, right??)

Definitely at least Swordsmanship, though.

Back