Danmachi Quest (Danmachi/Fate Apocrypha)

[X] Badb Catha Manor
[X] Help Welf acquire the materials he is looking forward
[X] Practice fighting as a party. Include Welf.

Freya Interlude
Freya Interlude

Freya lay on a red satin couch, absentmindedly toying with a glass of wine. Despite the beautiful view from her apartment at the top of the Tower of Babel, she was intensely and acutely bored. Her mind and heart had been captured, only for the child to disappear. She wanted to see him, touch him, feel him, kiss him… she moaned, tracing her hands down the length of her body.

"Ottar," she calls out, her voice a melodious timber that enraptured man and god alike.

"Yes, my goddess." Emerging from the shadows, the giant Boaz warrior and highest level adventurer in the city of Orario appears. Freya rises into a seated position and crosses her legs, preventing her own eager hands from dipping between her thighs.

"Have you found anything on the child who has captured my heart?" Freya asks with a languid sigh. Such temptations.

"He is part of the Morrighan Familia, her first member," Ottar's replies promptly. Freya's eyes widen.

"Morrighan? Oh my, this will be interesting. She's a cunning one, and a true beauty. Perhaps even a rival to my own."

"No one could match your beauty milady," Freya laughs. Her smile turns mischievous. Tilting her head to the side, she adopts a look of innocence.

"You aren't jealous are you Ottar? Of all the attention I'm giving a wee little adventurer?"

"Milady's love is fickle like the wind and as uncontrollable as a tempest. Jealousy is futile, as your love is boundless and extends to all." Freya smiles satisfied with the answer.

"You have free reign Ottar, help my sweet child grow." Ottar bows.

"By your leave milady," and he melts into the shadows.

Shit is going to go down!

Voting remains open till tomorrow morning let's tentatively say 10am EST.

On the plus side, we have 4 adventurers of similar level that'll be dungeoneering with us from now on. It won't just be Bell against the Minotaur anymore.

...Unless she sends even stronger monsters to compensate. Damn it.

Well, we don't have an obvious fear of high level monsters, just a tendency to overextend ourselves. So if we avoid that, we'll be much better off. :V

[X] Badb Catha Manor

Might I sell you on "Badb Catha Manor"? (Battle Crow Manor) It's in theme so Morrighan will likely be happy with it (so dignified!), and I think it's actually a better name IMO.
I saw Enjou had tagged me in a post and my immediate thought was that he's drumming up support for his write in. You're getting predictable.
Besides we all know that with half an hour to go we'll switch to something totaly nonsensical just to mess with Emperor

[X] The Crow's Nest

Well, since Ravensholm isn't going anywhere...
[jk] The Hot House of Hotblooded Heroes of Hotbloodedness! Who the hell do you think we are?!

...no seriously, Ravensholm or bust.

Finally caught up with the quest.
You've outdone yourself, @Emperor Toast ! :D

But there's one thing that concerns me... about Sonzai's current skillset.

- Has white hair.
- Wields a Two Handed Sword like a One Handed Sword. (Rebellion/Force Edge) (Verschlinger)
- Grows stronger as the odds are stacked against him. (Devil Trigger) (Dragon Blooded Knight)
- Carries the legacy of a "hero" from long ago. (Son of Sparda) (Siegfried's lineage?)
- One of his female family members died in front of him. (Eva) (Sonzai's sister)

Just make his armor glow red and he'll be perfect as a Devil Hunter.

Last edited:
Finally caught up with the quest.
You've outdone yourself, @Emperor Toast ! :D

But there's one thing that concerns me... about Sonzai's current skillset.

- Has white hair.
- Wields a Two Handed Sword like a One Handed Sword. (Rebellion/Force Edge) (Verschlinger)
- Grows stronger as the odds are stacked against him. (Devil Trigger) (Dragon Blooded Knight)
- Carries the legacy of a "hero" from long ago. (Son of Sparda) (Siegfried's lineage?)
- One of his female family members died in front of him. (Eva) (Sonzai's sister)

Just make his armor glow red and he'll be perfect as a Devil Hunter.

Oh hey @meganeshounen ! welcome to the quest.

I actually thought about that. There was a certain point where I considered a sword skill set similar to Dante, but one of his big strengths is in weapon mixing and combination attacks which wasn't something that made too much sense here as Sonzai doesn't have access to Devil Arms... I think John will use pieces of the style though Stinger for instance.

I actually thought about that. There was a certain point where I considered a sword skill set similar to Dante, but one of his big strengths is in weapon mixing and combination attacks which wasn't something that made too much sense here as Sonzai doesn't have access to Devil Arms... I think John will use pieces of the style though Stinger for instance.
Well, Nero from DMC4 had a somewhat similar skillset compared to Dante, but is limited to 1 sword, 1 gun and a stretch arm.

A sword with a built in motor engine, a revolver(!) that shoots multiple bullets at the same time and a demonic arm, actually. But yeah.

Since all Sonzai has now is a BFS and a no-cast burst laser magic spell, he'll have to get... creative.
After all, "when all you have is a hammer, you treat everything like a nail".

Err... actually, I mean to say that Sonzai oughta master the shit out of his BFS instead.
And remake Dante's style, but with Dragonic influences.

Back