CoS3 - A Dance of Dreams and Nightmares (HP/UT)

Depends on how it's phrased, because you didn't realize it was a different language.

Depends on how it's phrased, because you didn't realize it was a different language.
But otherwise, yes. Wasn't sure, since the vote came at the beginning, before any of that happened.
How is this phrasing? "What's with the weird way you spoke with the goblin".

[X] Ask up to 5 questions
-[X] What is it like being a potions master?
-[X] Are there things that are not on the school's list that you recommend I purchase?
-[X] Why is the bank run by goblins?
-[X] What's with the weird way you spoke with the goblin?
[X] Ollivanders

Last edited:
Hows this?

[X] Flourish and Blotts Bookseller

-[x] What's with the weird way you spoke with the goblin?
-[X] Would you tell me your stories about Lily and Petunia?
-[X] Are there things that are not on the school's list that you recommend I purchase?
-[X] How can I learn more of my family?

Last edited:

[X] Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions

I'd rather keep the fact of our knowledge of that language hidden for pretty much as long as possible.

You'd think the Goblins would of commented somewhat on Harry's appearance, or at the very least done a blood test just to confirm he is a potter due to the vastly different appearance and their obsession with security.

Then again Snape being an Executor could mean his word is good enough for the goblins i suppose.

Are the Galleons not pure gold, or is gold worth a whole-lot less?
Cause I don't think you could go for a massive societal disconnect explaining why Gold is so cheap on the wizarding side and not the muggle side, since you shown that there is qutie a bit of interaction between Wizards and Muggles.
My solution would be to blame Flamel. :V No, really, the Philosopher's Stone could have realistically caused a drop in gold's worth over the years. There's also the bit about those coins being goblin-made items, which makes any attempt to exploit the material they're made of an extremely foolish endeavor. The gold itself still belongs to the goblins; wizards are merely using it. As such, the inherent worth of the coin as precious metal does not need to be the same as its nominal worth as currency.

The only questions worth asking at the moment, imo. The first question is simple curiosity, the second is to help calculate how much money we may need for this shopping trip. All other suggestions are superfluous and rather out of place here. Even if Snape is more lax here than in canon, it doesn't mean we should pester him with personal questions when he's clearly meant questions regarding Gringotts and our family fortune with his prompt.

Even if Snape is more lax here than in canon, it doesn't mean we should pester him with personal questions when he's clearly meant questions regarding Gringotts and our family fortune with his prompt.
Since we can ask about stuff that went down inside Gringotts (specifically, the weird way he spoke with the goblin at the desk), we presumably aren't asking him all that stuff right then and there.
Plus, the other questions aren't that personal. One is about our mother, since he knew her, so it's as personal for us as him. Another is a general interest question that he probably gets fairly often, what's it like having the job he does.

There is less of a chance of Harry getting distracted midway through the trip with supplies still missing if we get the least interesting items first.

I'd rather save the most interesting for last. And getting the wand will probably be the most interesting. Besides, I like books.

Vote Tally : CoS3 - A Dance of Dreams and Nightmares (HP/UT) | Page 29 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4

No. of Votes: 8

[X] Ollivanders
No. of Votes: 6

No. of Votes: 5

No. of Votes: 4

No. of Votes: 2

-[X] What should I know about culture clash in the magical world?
No. of Votes: 1

-[x] Why were you speaking formally to the goblins? And why did the words sound strange? Covets? Walks along the path? What did those mean?

Total No. of Voters: 15
I'm going to assume the questions will be taken by line.
@Damian45 Can you change your asking about the language vote to my thing of it, to get it into the top 5?

Vote Tally : CoS3 - A Dance of Dreams and Nightmares (HP/UT) | Page 29 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4

[X] Ollivanders

No. of Votes: 4

-[X] What should I know about culture clash in the magical world?

-[x] Why were you speaking formally to the goblins? And why did the words sound strange? Covets? Walks along the path? What did those mean?

Total No. of Voters: 15
I'm going to assume the questions will be taken by line.
@Damian45 Can you change your asking about the language vote to my thing of it, to get it into the top 5?

Alright, how do i do that exactly?

Back