I am not being sarcastic, though other people had identified him as Zelretch, all I know about Fate is what I have scrounged from teh wiki.

I'd give you a TL;DR but Lunaryon summed him up better than I ever could. Again, pray that he never finds out about us lest he troll us into insanity.

[X] Nah, go on ahead to the square and wait for Sailor V

Waver may be interesting but V said not to be late. Let's make a good first impression instead of being swayed by the shiny.

I am not being sarcastic, though other people had identified him as Zelretch, all I know about Fate is what I have scrounged from teh wiki.
I don't mind Lunaryon going with the "almighty troll" interpretation of Zelretch but I'm going to say this anyway to prevent misconceptions - that is a popular fanon interpretation of his character. He hasn't actually shown those traits in any of his canon appearances except for rumors flying around about him.

I don't mind Lunaryon going with the "almighty troll" interpretation of Zelretch but I'm going to say this anyway to prevent misconceptions - that is a popular fanon interpretation of his character. He hasn't actually shown those traits in any of his canon appearances except for rumors flying around about him.

Counterpoint: Ruby and Sapphire. Both personally designed by him and both force their users into embarrassing magical girl outfits, to say nothing of Ruby's personality.

Also Arcueid, who was raised by Zel, and look at how she turned out.

They may just be rumors but the idea of Zelretch being a troll does have a lot of evidence. I'm just saying. :V

Heh, Zelretch...

And Waver!!! Maybe this means that Percy won't be such a cunt if he's trying to learn from Lord El Melloi.

...though, the timeline is pretty wonky now, since Waver didn't become Lord El Melloi until the early 2000s...ah well. Quest and crossover shenanigans I suppose.

Yeah, we ended up pushing the forth and fifth wars back by a little over a dozen years.

The fourth war was 82, a little more than a year after Harry was born actually.

Some two or so months after Harry was dubbed the Boy-Who-Lived Actually.

Counterpoint: Ruby and Sapphire. Both personally designed by him and both force their users into embarrassing magical girl outfits, to say nothing of Ruby's personality.

Also Arcueid, who was raised by Zel, and look at how she turned out.

They may just be rumors but the idea of Zelretch being a troll does have a lot of evidence. I'm just saying. :V
That counterpoint does not work. To begin with, it is based on seeing what you want to see in the provided examples. However,
- Sapphire is not canon. Prisma Illya is the only official Fate-related work that is explicitly stated to be non-canon to the Nasuverse.
- Ruby is a sentient Mystic Code. There is no clear statement that she has been intentionally programmed to be as she is. Above all else, she is not Zelretch and shouldn't be taken as indication of his personality. Children are not always a carbon copy of their parent's personality.
- Arcueid was not really raised by Zelretch. Where does that idea even come from? If anything, she was raised by Shiki if we go by Tsukihime and its supplementary materials. In Tsukihime, she explicitly stated that before Shiki killed her, she hadn't been that way. She had an almost mechanic obsession with killing Roa and did not care for anything else; she had no humanity to speak of, no interest in the outside world beyond her mission, and no ditzy, scatterbrained, and very much human personality that we know her for. Later works muddle that clear line somewhat, mostly with implications rather than straightforwardly, but regardless, that remains the baseline for her development until Tsukihime's remake comes out and maybe changes something.

So you haven't really provided any evidence. Ruby is a "maybe" for it but everything else is just your misconceptions.

Well it's probably going to be for the best that the most you'll likely see Zelretch is in scenes like this one, where he sort of just passes by and doesn't have anything real impact.

At least until third or fourth year, so that will give me time to try and get a much better grasp on his Personality than I currently have...

I've so little of him that I sort of thought the Troll Zelretch was canon.

Because Zelretch has his own things going on right now, and is following leads.

Where those leads lead?

That is a very good question, and the Wizard Marshall is just as curious. Which is why he is following them.

So I don't know if you've answered this or not, but does the Clocktower exist in tandem with Wizengamot and the Ministry of Magic?

And how do Magus work exactly? Are they families of Wizards who's bloodline was diluted over the years and began to rely on more esoteric methods to perform magic or something?

Also, Percy's in good hands, so we can leave him to it while we go meet with Sailor V. It's not like we care about his meeting much anyway...

Last edited:
Magi and Wizards exist somewhat side by side.

For the most part Magi think of wizards as annoying, nonsensical and a waste of an annoyingly surprising amount of magical power.

On the other hand -

Wizards for the most part think of Magi as arrogant assholes who are almost all completely dark, with no sense of morals, and who seem to barely care about keeping the masquerade up and running.

However, they are both willing to ignore the other for the most part. Magi because the research has proven that they cannot replicate Wizarding Cores on their own. Crests are similar in nature, but still different.

Wizards because Magi do keep the masquerade going.

The Clocktower is a thing, and is beneath Big Ben.

So...Wizards are still idiots, and Magi aren't willing to kill potential test subjects. Sounds about right.

And about the edges there are the Mercs who are willing to use whatever they can to achieve their goals, the Vatican who is generally frustrated with everyone and a good number of members of the church who would love to just go on another crusade.

And an old man who smells like worms.

Back