It's incredible how super serial Nerds take Kaiserreich considering how its basically just a really complex game about taking nations and ideologies and smacking them into eachother like action figures.
And honestly it's gotten to the point where its starting to make that a lot less fun.

It's incredible how super serial Nerds take Kaiserreich considering how its basically just a really complex game about taking nations and ideologies and smacking them into eachother like action figures.

Excuse you? Are you implying that Petain restoring Napoleon to the throne of France and then invading anarchist Spain and Syndicalist Britain with the help of Huey Long's America is somehow anything but the most cutting edge and complex political simulation of an alternate 20th century?

The only good Kaisereich is the one with the flying mages.
Tanya's empire isn't that good, really, especially given the fairly warped perspective we see it from. After all, the LN do acknowledge that Tanya is probably going to lose the war. Honestly the only reason it looks so decent is that it's natural comparison is to Being X.

Tanya's empire isn't that good, really, especially given the fairly warped perspective we see it from. After all, the LN do acknowledge that Tanya is probably going to lose the war. Honestly the only reason it looks so decent is that it's natural comparison is to Being X.
I mean even the narrative bemoans it constantly for being a militaristic oligarchy that uses children as child soldiers in its lust for more conquest to continue its expansionary growth. (And then plays that aspect for tongue-in-cheek humor where even these aristos from an empire that is at war with the entire world is stunned by the sheer callousness of corporate japanese thinking.)

My opinion is that the Great Siege of Malta is a very interesting historical event and isn't nearly as well known as it should be.

I mean, there are multiple modern novels on the subject. I can't actually remember whether I thought The Religion was any good. It had some weird passages that could be taken as having a lot more to do with the context of 2006, and I do remember it was grotesque as a book, but other details fade away.

I only looked into it briefly, but the House of Wisdom that was in Baghdad seems like a more impressive institution than the Library of Alexandria.

Don't know why I never see anybody going on about the destruction of that library.

I only looked into it briefly, but the House of Wisdom that was in Baghdad seems like a more impressive institution than the Library of Alexandria.

Don't know why I never see anybody going on about the destruction of that library.
Uninformed take: it's a racist assumption, but not the one you think. Rather than the Arab library being considered less important than the Greek, it's because the Mongols, being an Oriental Barbarian Horde(tm) are considered less morally sophisticated and thus less morally culpable than the Cultured Romans (*snerk*).

1. Most people don't know about Baghdad and how impressive the House of Wisdom is.

2. Mongol fascination usually look the other way when it comes to the destruction they cause.

3. Though the House of Wisdom was a big lost, the fact of the matter is that most of it contents likely survived in other parts of the Islamic world because they were copied and widespread.

4. Islamophobia in the sense of people refusing or are uninterested in the accomplishments of Muslim civilisations.

Uninformed take: it's a racist assumption, but not the one you think. Rather than the Arab library being considered less important than the Greek, it's because the Mongols, being an Oriental Barbarian Horde(tm) are considered less morally sophisticated and thus less morally culpable than the Cultured Romans (*snerk*).
So...what your saying is that everyone is upset that the Roman's burned down a library because they are viewed as a society that valued knowledge, making the crime seem worse than the Mongrals, which are viewed 95% of the time are seen as dumb brutes who go ogga booga?

So...what your saying is that everyone is upset that the Roman's burned down a library because they are viewed as a society that valued knowledge, making the crime seem worse than the Mongrals, which are viewed 95% of the time are seen as dumb brutes who go ogga booga?
That's the gist of what I said, yes. Which is not to say that the Romans actually valued knowledge, philosophy, or literature to any degree, bunch of civilization-destroying barbarians that they were.

That's not controversial, that's just straight up facts (regarding the Centurion).

The Tiger 1 is overrated though.
Why did the Germans go for big cat names for their MBTs anyway? There are only so many species; they had to start attaching numbers again almost immediately.

Did the romans burn down the library? I've heard Caesar, but I've also heard Cyril of Alexandria, Emperor Aurelian, and often though without many good sources 'Amr ibn al-'As, which seems to play into the islamophobia argument.

Did the romans burn down the library? I've heard Caesar, but I've also heard Cyril of Alexandria, Emperor Aurelian, and often though without many good sources 'Amr ibn al-'As, which seems to play into the islamophobia argument.
I think there was something about either Julius or Augustus burning a warehouse by the docks that held books from the library, while they were attacking the city.

Personal Opinion Only: when the Mongols destroyed the House of Wisdom, it was part of a general destruction of the city and just gets lumped in with that, conversely the Christians burning the Library under Cyril (after they skinned the librarian alive with sea shells, set her on fire and literally tore her apart for the crime of being a powerful female opposed to Cyril) it was with the express intent of destroying knowledge.

Back