Chaos Dragon: When 5 creators play D&D

Not sure if sharing translation link is okay here.
I doubt it's copyrighted or anything, so it should be safe. Ask the mod if you want to be sure.
This is from a PM when I had asked a while back.

So what's SV's stance on posting translations of a Japanese Webnovel that essentially comes from a free-to-read site?
You can't repost it wholesale. Consensus is that generally it'd be courteous to not just take text from the third party translation wholesale. Obviously snippets are fine but you should link to the translator's page. It's the same courtesy that goes for articles.
As a general matter, a a translation is a derivative work: i.e., it is an original work which has been added to or otherwise modified in a creative and meaningful way.

Distribution of derivative works requires the agreement of both the author of the original work and the author of the addition/modification.

That is to say, for example, that if Alice wrote a novel and then Bob translated it, Bob would require Alice's permission to sell his translation, and Charlie would require both Alice and Bob's permission to sell it.

Well, basically, "Get permission. If not that then snippets are fine".

I'm hyped.

Edit: awwww why is Gen a girl now. I wanted Arthur vs. Lancelot.

Last edited:
Is the white haired Loli now a trap? Sounds very tomboyish or young male(sounds like Megumi Han)

My limited anime-nese says something like...

"We live at a small and peaceful country by the sea.
We were invaded and then everything turned to flames.
We didn't know anything but even so I will protect everyone."

Probably the gist of it. Well, there's obviously a lot more, but, uh... :confused:

My limited anime-nese says something like...

"We live at a small and peaceful country by the sea.
We were invaded and then everything turned to flames.
We didn't know anything but even so I will protect everyone."

Probably the gist of it. Well, there's obviously a lot more, but, uh... :confused:

Oh god it's going to be like Valvrave and Gundam seed and the lonely little nation is channeling Japan and the other two are USSR/China and U.S.

The anime won't have the punch of the time that Urobuchi's character decapitated Nasu's character's waifu(Who looked just like Saber) in the game, and then looked across the table out of the game at Nasu and just shrugged.

The anime won't have the punch of the time that Urobuchi's character decapitated Nasu's character's waifu(Who looked just like Saber) in the game, and then looked across the table out of the game at Nasu and just shrugged.
This is so Gen I'm not even laughing. Man made Fate/Zero, Madoka, and Saya no Uta after all.

Oh god it's going to be like Valvrave and Gundam seed and the lonely little nation is channeling Japan and the other two are USSR/China and U.S.

Too bad they couldn't channel the Korean Peninsula instead. We would have TRPG fantasy Korean War!

(Okay, that was in bad taste, considering that the death toll for ethnic Koreans was close to a decimation.)

And yes, it won't have the player reactions, which are like half the fun (if not all of the fun) in a TRPG.

Too bad they couldn't channel the Korean Peninsula instead. We would have TRPG fantasy Korean War!

(Okay, that was in bad taste, considering that the death toll for ethnic Koreans was close to a decimation.)

And yes, it won't have the player reactions, which are like half the fun (if not all of the fun) in a TRPG.
Don't the Japanese have a... Disinterest should I say, in Koreans? Then again, they are like that to everybody if they're not tourists

Don't the Japanese have a... Disinterest should I say, in Koreans? Then again, they are like that to everybody if they're not tourists

I'd like to think that the animation industry in Japan is more welcoming of Koreans, what with ethnic Koreans being involved in various aspects of anime production, ranging from inbetweening to voice acting. Yes there are actually Zainichi Korean seiyuu.

Note that the animation industry as a whole is remarkably forward-looking compared to traditional Japanese society. Conservative Japanese would raise eyebrows on any woman using the "boku" pronoun to call themselves, and meanwhile there are lady singers using that pronoun for anime theme songs. The industry is one of the few media industries to make use of online streaming to promote its products, whereas you'd be lucky to see official (underlined for emphasis) MVs or drama series uploads on Youtube.

Anime broadcasts in Japan will soon be broadcast in UHD, and by the 2020s they will be shown in QUHD, sixteen times 1080p resolution, whereas most of the rest of the world is still lurching towards 1080p (I highly doubt Singapore will broadcast in UHD format anytime soon - it's still in the transition to Digital TV broadcasts.) Unfortunately there are some portions of the sector that still champion traditional views (the whole "Yamato Nadeshiko best girl" thing), but at least there is a diversity of views, whereas modern Japan is still a rather conformist society.

Last edited:
As an aside, why did Nasu go for a Prototype Saber clone with a Saber clone maid, rather than a "man/woman with knife" Shiki clone? Kara no Kyoukai is one of Nasu's purest works, since it was a novel and there was no need to create a waifu or flip genders to appease the audience.

Or did Urobuchi grab the assassin slot so quickly that Nasu had to pick something else?

As an aside, why did Nasu go for a Prototype Saber clone with a Saber clone maid, rather than a "man/woman with knife" Shiki clone? Kara no Kyoukai is one of Nasu's purest works, since it was a novel and there was no need to create a waifu or flip genders to appease the audience.

Or did Urobuchi grab the assassin slot so quickly that Nasu had to pick something else?

Nasu just really really likes blondes. Plus saber was his most popular character and remains so to this day, even more so than the two Shikis.

That and he can finally bring Saver to life without needing to gender flip. Anime company had to flip Butcher's assassin. I can see them gojng for the Batman/Catwoman dynamic with those two while at the same time I think, being the angel and devil on WhiteHairKid's shoulder. I think.

Back