Chaos Dragon: When 5 creators play D&D

This honestly looks a lot better than most original anime pitches in recent years.

I honestly doubt it's going to be a masterpiece that would be remembered by connoisseurs for years after its release (I don't have a lot of confidence in the production staff and I don't know how involved the original participants of the campaign are in this project), but as a popcorn anime it's bound to at least fulfill some people's expectations. I just hope it doesn't spiral into another runaway franchise, I would rather have this be an one-off.

Seriously, though, the industry should allow events like this to happen more often.

Look at them. LOOK AT THEM.

Jesus christ, Urobuchi's character is an all black wearing MYSTERIOUS ASSASSIN who is an Assassin/Monk. Also he has a mysterious past and red eyes. It's so edgy it hurts.

And Look at nasu's character? That's , just, it's not just that the design is bad, or that it's just male Saber, or that the gimmick is dumb and the curse is dumb. It's all of those things taken together. Also the fact that Nasu's character is apparently the MC.

Jesus christ, Urobuchi's character is an all black wearing MYSTERIOUS ASSASSIN who is an Assassin/Monk. Also he has a mysterious past and red eyes. It's so edgy it hurts.
So? Would he be more forgivable if he wore white and had blue eyes? If Urobuchi can make his character interesting and show something new, then why should I care that parts of him are clichéd?

And Look at nasu's character? That's , just, it's not just that the design is bad, or that it's just male Saber, or that the gimmick is dumb and the curse is dumb. It's all of those things taken together. Also the fact that Nasu's character is apparently the MC.
What's so bad about those things? Outside the sword gimmick and curse, that is. I can understand that part pretty well.

Last edited:
So? Would he be more forgivable if he wore white and had blue eyes?

What's so bad about those things? Outside the sword gimmick and curse, that is. I can understand that part pretty well.

We've seen what both of these creators put out. Combining that with these characters, I know, I just know is my deepest heart of hearts, that this is going to be a massive shitshow. And it will be hillarious.

Ummm... Okay.
Well, that's your opinion man.

Hey, I remember reading about how these guys played a table-top together, never thought they'd animate it.

Back