Cerulean Stars: An Asari Security Officer in Commander Sisko's Court

Here's an idea for dealing with Ducat. It's been years since I watched DS9, but didn't Garak HATE!! Dukat? If he gets brought in on this he could leak the news back to other Guls and Obsidion Order members who also don't like him. If it's presented properly - how he was doing all this to somone he KNEW!! was a loyal O.O. member for years, interfering in O.O. operations, what else might he have been doing?, what about the other infiltrators who vanished?, is he truly loyal to us?, perhaps the loss of bajor wasn't because of his mis-management but deliberate sabotage?. IS HE A TRAITOR!!?????
Surely somone with Garak's skills will be able to present these questions in such a way that there WILL! be investigations into him. And considering the paranoia mindset of the O.O. it won't take them very much to believe it, let alone everyone who would love to knock him down further. Even if it dosen't finally kill him, at the very least - he'll have a very unpleasant several months. Especially when he also mentions how the Federation & Bajor are taking this and are going to be DEMANDING to know about any more of their people they now believe are still being held.

"Ah, one of those days." Also known as Tuesday aboard the Enterprise.

"You'll understand when you're older." If so, then I do not envy future Raine ;)
------
"Dax asked as he stepped off the turbolift." asked Sisko as he

["I assume you're aware of the Defiant's recent outing? Raine asked] outing" Raine

I'm wondering if this rather photogenic case of the Cardassians being shits is going to have an effect on Federation public opinion and support and recruitment for the Free Colony Rangers.

Saya could always rebel against her meathead mom who flattened a building (how mortifying!) and go full nerd. Settle down with a calm, emotionally mature partner that can help her raise a dozen kids, and focus on researching how the mass effect works.

That'd do some real damage.

She'd try but the nerdiest the Asari range goes is Liara, and I'm confident her taste in women is just as skewed towards danger. You'd just wake up in a century to her having been saved from a dangerous research site by a hot soldier.

She'd try but the nerdiest the Asari range goes is Liara, and I'm confident her taste in women is just as skewed towards danger. You'd just wake up in a century to her having been saved from a dangerous research site by a hot soldier.
I suppose a Changeling wouldn't be a possibility... Some of those look like they'd be prepared to be... adventurous with a psionic solid...

There's no evidence that attraction to danger is a biological necessity for Asari. Yes, there's famously a lot of reckless maidens, just as there are a lot of reckless teenagers, but there's also a whole lot of boring af teenagers who stay at home and read books or play on their phones or w/e. There's going to be plenty of maidens who don't do the reckless danger shit, and children of wild and crazy parents tend to go in the opposite direction.

There's no evidence that attraction to danger is a biological necessity for Asari. Yes, there's famously a lot of reckless maidens, just as there are a lot of reckless teenagers, but there's also a whole lot of boring af teenagers who stay at home and read books or play on their phones or w/e. There's going to be plenty of maidens who don't do the reckless danger shit, and children of wild and crazy parents tend to go in the opposite direction.

Liara is implied to be on the boring end of Asari maidens and her idea of boring is ruin delving. Obviously the mass effect lore is very thin so authors are free to do what they want with it but I expect Asari are naturally inclined to spread around during their maiden stage and unhappy to sit in one place.

Saya seem to already have the need to be active down, thought that could just be kids being kids.

Liara is implied to be on the boring end of Asari maidens and her idea of boring is ruin delving. Obviously the mass effect lore is very thin so authors are free to do what they want with it but I expect Asari are naturally inclined to spread around during their maiden stage and unhappy to sit in one place.

Saya seem to already have the need to be active down, thought that could just be kids being kids.
Someone's gotta be the Asari equivalent of the kid who stayed home and got a minimum wage job at the local gas station.

I'm guessing Saya will probably never understand her mom's interest in dangerous individuals.
Which lasted till she ended up with a crush on Mariner. :whistle:

Saya is simply doing the opposite of her mother and developing a thing for soulful, nice artist boys like Jake.
Raine: "No daughter of mine is going to date an artist!"
Jake: "But..."
Raine: "No buts! You want to be a writer, fine. But at least become a holonovelist."

Here's an idea for dealing with Ducat. It's been years since I watched DS9, but didn't Garak HATE!! Dukat? If he gets brought in on this he could leak the news back to other Guls and Obsidion Order members who also don't like him. If it's presented properly - how he was doing all this to somone he KNEW!! was a loyal O.O. member for years, interfering in O.O. operations, what else might he have been doing?, what about the other infiltrators who vanished?, is he truly loyal to us?, perhaps the loss of bajor wasn't because of his mis-management but deliberate sabotage?. IS HE A TRAITOR!!?????
Surely somone with Garak's skills will be able to present these questions in such a way that there WILL! be investigations into him. And considering the paranoia mindset of the O.O. it won't take them very much to believe it, let alone everyone who would love to knock him down further. Even if it dosen't finally kill him, at the very least - he'll have a very unpleasant several months. Especially when he also mentions how the Federation & Bajor are taking this and are going to be DEMANDING to know about any more of their people they now believe are still being held.
Garak is certainly going to try.

Also known as Tuesday aboard the Enterprise.
Picard: "Don't worry, you'll get used to it."
Sisko: "I don't want to get used to it, I just want things to be slow and normal."

Quick question, will we see Beckett Mariner and Sito be reunited?
In person? No.

The idea I'm running with is that Asari Maiden's tend to have a drive to show off and make themselves seen so to try and stand out from other Asari.

Great for attracting the attention of a Matriach who might be looking for an apprentice to take under their wing, not so great when it comes to everything else.

"She escaped a Cardassian detainment center in the Amaleth system with the help of the Cardassians dissident movement." Cisco confirmed with a nod. "We intercepted their ship being chased by a pair of Galor class cruisers a couple hundred million kilometers outside the Bajoran system's Denorios belt."
I see autocorrupt renamed The Sisko. Someone needs to punch it right in the face for it and then hopefully autocorrupt won't do it again.

Jinx999 said:
I'm wondering if this rather photogenic case of the Cardassians being shits is going to have an effect on Federation public opinion and support and recruitment for the Free Colony Rangers.
Well, not all Cardassians; it's a photogenic case not just of the Cardassian Union being terrible but the Cardassian dissident movement doing good work and helping the Federation, at significant personal risk.
And that combination seems likely to have even more of an effect. :D

...Come to think of it, the Free Colony Rangers starting to get a significant number of Cardassian dissidents joining them could have some interesting effects.

You know I hope at some point someone mention that the Romulan Star Empire have a hand in creating the Federation, a lot of heads probably roll in Romulus and how the Star Empire do it's best to ignore the fact they accidentally creating they primary rival in the Beta Quadrant.

I imagine Kira probably will be the one since she probably will ask why the Federation and the Star Empire have such animosity, I mean she hardly will have time to study galactic history growing up as a freedom fighter so her education is more street wise than academic. So while she have a layman idea over galactic politics she probably don't know the nuances or history behind them.

You know I hope at some point someone mention that the Romulan Star Empire have a hand in creating the Federation, a lot of heads probably roll in Romulus and how the Star Empire do it's best to ignore the fact they accidentally creating they primary rival in the Beta Quadrant.
I feel like the romulans have probably figured this out by now.

I feel like the romulans have probably figured this out by now.
And it is something either not talked about in polite romulan society, or held up as an example for why Romulans gotta romulan.

I mean a character not a romuluan asking this question not thw romulan themselves. They probably don't like to remember the Star Empire created this particular problem, in fact they probably do they best to ignore this.

I mean a character not a romuluan asking this question not thw romulan themselves. They probably don't like to remember the Star Empire created this particular problem, in fact they probably do they best to ignore this.
Or it's all according to Keikau according to the official Romulan Version of Events™

"Commander." Zara exclaimed, her antenna twitching in mild surprise as the door finished opening and a brisk chill of cooled air a good ten degrees below normal standards briefly slapped the Asari across the face.

"Antenna" is the singular. "Antennae" is the plural. Most Andorrans have two antennae (or antennas if you must). So unless Zara has only the one antenna, use the plural.

"Still don't like that you're going out with her." Saya muttered as her pout seemed to intensify. "Cause there's no way she isn't a spy."
Raine: "Well, yes, there are definitely some very serious security implications with dating a known foreign intelligence honeypot. But -- and here's the rebuttal -- have you considered the following: Asari brain goes brrrr."

for that matter, while I think Dukat is loyal to the cardassian union at this time, but he also extremely ambitious. It wouldn't surprise me if even a casual "fake" investigation found real evidence, of him doing something, that would be "too far" for the cardassians.

Looks like there's not going to be a chapter today, started fall cleanup yesterday and am continuing it today so only have about half a chapter actually written.

You know I was thinking more about the Tal Shiar-Obsidian Order Task Force that was send to wipe out the Founders. While they jope they have plans for the Dominion collapse I can't help but think they make a contingency in place if that's not the case and turn a vengeful Dominion on the Federation, after all they were the stewards of the wormhole and by consequnce they must have allowed these ships to pass, even if that's not the case.

Considering the Federation can only offer denials it would make them incredible suspicious and while the Dominion burn the Federation both the Union and the Star Empire would be free to pick the bones of they shared enemy.

Last edited:
Point of order I think that both the Tal shiar and the obsidian order used cloaked ships for this.

Yeah but they decloaked when entering the wormhole. I don't think there was a reason to do this.

Still even then the Dominion would know that the only people brazen enough to do this attack would be someone from the other side of the wormhole and the Federation is the one that keep a eye with every ship that enters or leave it. Like I said Tal shiar and the Obsidian Order probably wanted to pass the blame to the Federation in case of failure.

Back