A cat-hater? Finally a real outrage. It anyone needs me I'll be shining Hykal's armour for the coming revengeance upon this sight against feline kind. :V

(More seriously, are we actualy sure this is an actual outrage? Because without the twitter-person saying it is, the screencap just looks kinda like random fluff trivia you see plastered all over.)

You know, I though the whole 'Captain Marvel Fandango Ticket Sales Conspiracy' was just a stupid hoax.

Then I checked this weeks movie listings for my local theaters.

For the first time since I have started using these sites, starting Mar 7, only one movie is on their lists. . .

. . . Captain Marvel.

WHAT THE HELL?!?! o_O

I don't know if Captain Marvel is the only movie being showed, or it is the only one they are advertising, but something somewhere is feeling awfully sleazy.

You know, I though the whole 'Captain Marvel Fandango Ticket Sales Conspiracy' was just a stupid hoax.

For the first time since I have started using these sites, starting Mar 7, only one movie is on their lists. . .

. . . Captain Marvel.

WHAT THE HELL?!?! o_O

I don't know if Captain Marvel is the only movie being showed, or it is the only one they are advertising, but something somewhere is feeling awfully sleazy.
That's not uncommon. Movie schedules only really get set for theaters on Wednesday, and until then they don't really know what they will have available. Captain Marvel has been in pre-sale for several months, so it's times will be set and available, but every week the theater is going to sit down and evaluate what films get shown on what screens, to hopefully maximize money-getters and new films.

That's not uncommon. Movie schedules only really get set for theaters on Wednesday, and until then they don't really know what they will have available. Captain Marvel has been in pre-sale for several months, so it's times will be set and available, but every week the theater is going to sit down and evaluate what films get shown on what screens, to hopefully maximize money-getters and new films.

What they said. Also, it's not unusual for big ticket blockbuster event flicks to have theaters just dumping every other movie for opening night to meet demand.

. . . Captain Marvel.

WHAT THE HELL?!?! o_O

Uh-huh. Where exactly are your local theaters?

Because as far as I can tell Fandango is still listing, y'know, movies. All of them. Greta, Saint Judy, Tyler Perry's A Medea Family Funeral. Alita Battle Angel, Fighting With My Family, Cold Pursuit, How to Train Your Dragon: Hidden World, Lego Movie 2, What Men Want, Isn't it Romantic. Fuck, if I for some reason wanted to hurt myself I could get a ticket for Glass.

I actually booked tickets for this. Thankfully got back row aisle so I won't be ruining it for the people behind me. Pretty psyched overall.

What they said. Also, it's not unusual for big ticket blockbuster event flicks to have theaters just dumping every other movie for opening night to meet demand.
You maybe right, but it didn't happen for 'The Force Awakens', 'The Last Jedi', or for 'Infinity Wars'.

Which is why it caught my attention.

I'll keep my eyes open and see what happens the closer we get to the opening date.
Uh-huh. Where exactly are your local theaters?

Because as far as I can tell Fandango is still listing, y'know, movies. All of them. Greta, Saint Judy, Tyler Perry's A Medea Family Funeral. Alita Battle Angel, Fighting With My Family, Cold Pursuit, How to Train Your Dragon: Hidden World, Lego Movie 2, What Men Want, Isn't it Romantic. Fuck, if I for some reason wanted to hurt myself I could get a ticket for Glass.
Huh. I wasn't even aware of Fandango until this current crop of lunacy came up.

Maybe I'll check it out and see.

Stop: Stop
stop
This guy hatred for Brie Larson unbelievable and he gives his reasons why he thinks Captain Marvel will bomb.

...Just watch the video or not I gave my summary.:facepalm:

@brer rabbit, failing to provide a summary of a video used to support an argument is considered a violation of Rule 4, and has been for almost two years now. As such, you have been given 25 points and a three-day threadban.

You maybe right, but it didn't happen for 'The Force Awakens', 'The Last Jedi', or for 'Infinity Wars'.

Which is why it caught my attention.

I'll keep my eyes open and see what happens the closer we get to the opening date.

I remember this happening at least as far back as Return of the King. A big new blockbuster will sell out most showings and the minimum number of shows and use of big screens is contracted. So there's reason all around to sell advance tickets.

Especially with digital "prints," theaters can wait a lot longer before deciding how many shows to give to older films with no minimums. Especially when they might scrap it to run more Captain Marvel. Because none of this old stuff will sell out, no loss in waiting to promise seats.

From reviews some things are odd

• Some thing fury related, hope its rumour
  • Heard she didn't quite catch as 'MCU's strongest hero' which is a bummer but I hope that too is a lie. I want something for the battle forums goddamnit, if they fail on this part Feige deserves a backhand across the face. Have BRIE do some cool shit!
  • Mendelsohn is said to have a great time, hope this is true since I like the actor.
  • Besides that most reviewers seem to be on the Lukewarm side

So far all the reviews including the "eh, its okay" semi-negatives seem to be that it's a good Marvel superhero movie but doesn't transcend that formula/genre like Black Panther.

Yeah, the vibe I'm getting is "It's a Marvel movie, you know what you're getting; good, but not groundbreaking". The character stuff has always been the draw in Marvel movies (at least for me), and every review I've read has highlighted how good Larson is in the roll and her chemistry with Jackson, so I figure it'll be a good time.

I still contest the compatibility of these two within the same statement. The MCU has been very hit n miss for me. (Though I do appreciate that I seem to be in the minority who think Iron Man 1 is dull, obnoxious swill).

Hopefully this one'll be on the hit side for me.

My favourite remains Winter Soldier. Hit at the right time for me.

For me, it's...

*flips a coin*

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

*throws a dart*

Season 3

*throws dice*

Episode 10... which is named...

*Googles*

... "Maveth"

Iron Man 3 has my favorite central character drama of any of the marvel movies. To bad that super hero part at the end of a movie all about talking about loss, acceptance, and the horror of conflict ends with the movie asking you to cheer as Tony Stark shoots other people scared by conflict in the face in a big fight scene.

Back