Be Forever Yamato: Rebel 3199 (Yamato yo Towa ni: Rebel 3199)

There will be a 1/350 scale Patrol Cruiser from Hachette in 50 parts.
This particular ship is named Pacific. We don't know this ship, yet. I image it is Kodai's ship while Yamato is in refit.

hcj.jp

宇宙戦艦ヤマト ダイキャストギミックモデルをつくる | アシェット・コレクションズ・ジャパン株式会社

地球防衛軍「波動砲艦隊構想」に則って建造されたパトロール艦を1/350スケールで立体化! - 「宇宙戦艦ヤマト ダイキャストギミックモデルをつくる」アシェット・コレクションズ・ジャパン株式会社 公式サイト

I've not been following 3199's path to release as closely as with past entries (no real reason, just been a bit busy), but there's some interesting stuff in there, particularly around the Gladiator and Ajax ships and how they're attached to the Air Force instead of the Navy. Very curious to see Shima's arc given his transfer to another service.

This time around they have at least a plausible reason for Yamato's crew to be dispersed. They disobeyed orders with a mixed outcome. I am sure the Gamilas are happy with the result of Yamato's arrival, and they prevented the capture of Iscandar while rescuing survivors.

But they also have the mystery of Dezarium to ponder/prepare for.

The event had a few of the new voices actors. The final question from the audience was about Sasha. Nothing more on that front.

I'm just jazzed to see the Ginga again. Not that there's a good reason not to include it, but with the limited screentime and desire to show off new design..

Judging by the pages and such, the in-universe start of the show is October 2, 2207.

After Yamto returned home from the Iscandar Incident, the ship was awarded the Medal of War for engaging and surviving battle with three different enemies. She was then quietly placed into the Reserve Fleet. Her crew and the crews of the Hyuga and Asuka were reassigned across the board.

Since then, the Earth Defense Forces have started a limited expansion of fleet resources by building more Hyuga and Asuka-class carriers, with the odd Asuka-class ships being supply support ships while the even Asuka-class ships are assault ships. This seems to be in response to the Bolar Federation infringing on Earth space from time to time. The remaining manned Andromeda-class ships have been refurbished as flagships. The BBB automated Andromedas might also be being refurbished, but it takes longer to get them up and running.

The Earth Air Force has been established as a planetary defense group. Likely to free up Naval assets for other things. The Gladiator command and control ship with the Ajax interceptors are designed to have used for swarm and hit and fade attacks at speeds and using maneuvers that would be difficult to impossible with a manned ship. One Gladiator to 49 Ajax seems to be the current design goal. These are intended to be used on multiple planets for defense. There may only be the one group on Earth presently, but one assumes they want a group on Mars. Maybe Luna, and certainly any extra-solar colony like Planet XI (Brumas) or Alpha III (from Yamato III).

Ginga has finished reconstructing Luna and has moved on to start work on Saturn. Ther Cosmo Reverse barely works, but it is useful in the work on Saturn. Though because of the integrated Cosmo Reverse, Ginga's weapons still do no work. The Cosmo Reverse disables the fire control systems when they are used.

Last edited:
It looks fantastic, really can't wait to see it. This iteration of the series has come so much father than I ever would have expected.

I do hope it keeps going, and they expand beyond the original stories, and don't just end with their version of final yamato. (or, god forbid, ressurection)

I sort of suspect they might do version of Final Yamato, the transition into part two of Resurrection like the are now one and the same.

The Mecha and Character pages have also been updated.

More characters returning.
More details on Dezarium ship and Bolar ships.

We see a little more of the Bolar Federation*, in their roles as "probably a regional power who want to do regional power things" until they come running up against the Dark Nebula forces (which harkens back to the original plotline of the Bolar Federation beyond "Here's the latest flavor of 20th century antagonist space aliens, after Prussians and the Golden Horde, these ones are Eurasians" I think?). That would suggest, via whatever means, they were able to keep from total annihilation by the hands of Gamillas since at least before 2199 (since it seems clear from Dessler's most recent plot arc than the Gamillan Empire was well aware the Bolar Federation controlled their ancestral home world, and that wasn't that new of a sticking point), either by keeping their heads down, or by means of a nonaggression treaty (formally or an informal one, like the fact they occupied Garmann), or some geographic condition (it occupies the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy; maybe it was much harder to travel there rather than the Milky Way Galaxy until 2205, when Dessler did his thing). Likewise, since a pretty deep alliance existed/exists between Earth and the postwar Gamillas Empire, it makes sense that the Bolar Federation would be at least hostile if not in an outright shooting war with Earth.

There's a third Bolar Federal Navy character introductions on the page (who isn't featured in the trailer), the obligatory "macho bearded navy man of few words" that each armed force in SBY is contractually obligated to have, Djerba Gundan (?) who is described as "the commander of the Ganonda-class space carrier, Labrakov", which a much more psuedo-Russophone or Eurasian kind of name that you might expect with the clasisc Bolar aesthetic. Of the three, he's also the only one who wasn't attached to the defeated occupation over Garman.

They're (another) group of green humanoids; in the original series, they were the same sort of "indistinguishable and biologically compatible" as Gamillans compared to humans. It's fun to speculate that that the green non-Gamillan woman in Zoellik's slave girl harem is actually a Bolar national--as opposed to a Gatlantian, since Gamillas had large numbers of Gatlantian prisoners who didn't self-destruct, though that might also be true; or both could be true, if we borrow from the original explanation of the Bolar Federation as a nation of distinct people who gradually discarded their distinct identities in favor of the Bolar moniker, and the "green skin" phenotype comes from being mortal offshoots of the White Comet Empire like we saw in Ark of the Stars or something similar.

Anyway, still looking forward to it!

*Already probably established, but still called "Bora Renpo", literally the same form of 連邦 as is used for the Japanese for "Earth Federation" (of Mobile Suit Gundam) and the Soviet Union (of our history). This could just be "doing the easiest thing", but if you wanted to speculate, renpo's context as "federation or federated state", in contrast with 連合, rengo, for "allies" or "allied party", as in "the United Earth Sphere Alliance" (of MS Gundam Wing) or "the Allies" (of our Second World war history). So the Bolar are another sovereign state, like Earth's or the Gamillian Empire, albeit a formally federated one.

If they're going to call it star blazers, as a nod to their international (or at least, american) audiences, I wish they'd subtitle this stuff in english.

If they're going to call it star blazers, as a nod to their international (or at least, american) audiences, I wish they'd subtitle this stuff in english.

As I recall, and there are some people who post here who are more knowledgeable on this front than I so I invite them to correct me if I recall incorrectly, but there was some kind of plan to release 2199 internationally, which is why 'Star Blazers' was originally included in the branding. There was even an English language website promoting 2199 prior to release that was essentially a mirror of the Japanese site. However whatever those plans might have been they didn't pan out. That the branding has stuck for this long surprises me a little, honestly.

As I recall, and there are some people who post here who are more knowledgeable on this front than I so I invite them to correct me if I recall incorrectly, but there was some kind of plan to release 2199 internationally, which is why 'Star Blazers' was originally included in the branding. There was even an English language website promoting 2199 prior to release that was essentially a mirror of the Japanese site. However whatever those plans might have been they didn't pan out. That the branding has stuck for this long surprises me a little, honestly.

Originally, Voyager (the people who got the license for star blazers, and put out the vhs tapes, and eventually, dvd sets) put out like 6 of 8 incredibly overpriced (like 60 bucks each) sub only dvds (We'll make the dub later, trolololol), of Star Blazers 2199 (and had the fuckin' subs call it the Argo in the trailer), before canceling it, and then going out of business. Later on, I think 2202 picked up the branding, for some reason. The original japanese releases of 2199 (or one of the japanese releases) had english subs. They did away with those, because Funi complained that it was stealing sales from their possible release. (i'm kind of angry about how 2199 and the rest have been released in the US. The funi dub was mediocre, too. How do you not do better than a dub made in the late 70s, funi?!)

I'm a little confused--there were two SBY2199 bluray releases with English subtitles; an early one, that was overpriced and very short-lived, and a later one from Funimation that I picked up. So the series is available with English subtitles.

Back