Actually, is this a sequel to something? Is there a first book about the adventured of a teenage viking in California?

Because it seems like this story is just glossing over a lot of...story.

Actually, is this a sequel to something? Is there a first book about the adventured of a teenage viking in California?

Because it seems like this story is just glossing over a lot of...story.
Googling, it appears to be part of a series. And the author appears to have written multiple series about Viking romance.

Did some googling, and apparently this is Book 6 of the Viking Time Travel series. Book 6.

Also, Goodreads voted it 211th out of 509 books inThe Best Time-Travel Romance Novels category. I am somewhat surprised that there are 509 books in that category.
Do any of them end with "and then you find out why crusader kings 2 isn't half as fun when you're actually fucking around with the nobility when the pissed off Jarl offers you up for the next blot for messing with his wife?"

Last edited:
Do any of them end with "and then you find out why crusader kings 2 isn't half as fun when you're actually fucking around with the nobility when the pissed off Jarl offers you up for the next blot for messing with his wife?"
Unknown, the only time travel romance I've ever read was Clare Gabledon. You know, the woman writing Outlander, which is also a TV show now, about a WW2 nurse who goes back in time to the 18th century and meets a nice Scottish Highlander, and also there's wars with the English, and then they go to America just in time to catch the war of independence there, too.

Also, ye gods, the titles in this series. There are ten novels.

1. The Last Viking
  2. Truly, Madly Viking
  3. The Very Virile Viking
  4. Wet & Wild
  5. Hot & Heavy
  6. Rough & Ready
  7. Down & Dirty
  8. Viking Unchained
  9. Viking Heat
  10. Dark Viking

The Very Virile Viking.

Well, that's an awful title, and the fact that "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" was the first thing that I thought of after seeing it didn't help matters one bit.

Did some googling, and apparently this is Book 6 of the Viking Time Travel series. Book 6.

Also, Goodreads voted it 211th out of 509 books inThe Best Time-Travel Romance Novels category. I am somewhat surprised that there are 509 books in that category.
Well, in that genre is also this masterpiece: Knight Moves by Jamaica Layne.
I'm just gonna this (NSFW text) review here: http://dearauthor.com/book-reviews/f-reviews/review-knight-moves-by-jamaica-layne/
Much more amusing than the book itself, probably.

...I'm just stunned that people can make money off of writing this bad.

Well on the plus side, I've now learned that if I ever need money I can just write poorly justified and badly written 'romance' books for a living.

I'm really glad Athene's doing this because I'm vaguely sure that Stanford will put me on academic probation if they see that one of their student's Stanford-linked Amazon accounts is buying trashy Viking Time-Travel smut.

Unknown, the only time travel romance I've ever read was Clare Gabledon. You know, the woman writing Outlander, which is also a TV show now, about a WW2 nurse who goes back in time to the 18th century and meets a nice Scottish Highlander, and also there's wars with the English, and then they go to America just in time to catch the war of independence there, too.

Also, ye gods, the titles in this series. There are ten novels.

1. The Last Viking
  2. Truly, Madly Viking
  3. The Very Virile Viking
  4. Wet & Wild
  5. Hot & Heavy
  6. Rough & Ready
  7. Down & Dirty
  8. Viking Unchained
  9. Viking Heat
  10. Dark Viking

We put our faith in BLAST HARDCHEESE

Back