Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Assassanation Classroom)

Hoooooly shiiiiiiit.

Goddamn, if Class 3-E stays together and they all go on to become a single squad of assassins, they are going to make a lot of countries very happy.

Hoooooly shiiiiiiit.

Goddamn, if Class 3-E stays together and they all go on to become a single squad of assassins, they are going to make a lot of countries very happy.
In the 'we just gained a squad of professional killers' sense? Or something else?

Working from their careers planning, I think Nagisa's the only one who even considers being an assassin professionally and he has reservations about the idea. (I think he'd probably be better as a bodyguard or similar - make a career out of looking like a harmless secretary or something like that).

Honestly regardless of what career path they each go for odds are they'd keep their skills polished and when someone tries something...well their in for a big surprise.

Assassins IN SPACE!! and some other things.

As much as I can respect the kids for trying to save their bubbly yellow Octo-Sensei it feels like things are moving too smooth. If I had to guess it might be a set up to were they're not able to find a cure despite the effort and are forced to kill him. A story like this needs a good bitter ending.

Haven't heard anything about Season 2 yet.

Edit: Spell check doesn't work for big word apparently.

Last edited:
Assassins IN SCAPE!! and some other things.

As much as I can respect the kids for trying to save their bubbly yellow Octo-Sensei it feels like things are moving too smooth. If I had to guess it might be a set up to were they're not able to find a cure despite the effort and are forced to kill him. A story like this needs a good bitter ending.

Haven't heard anything about Season 2 yet.
'cough'space'cough'

My roommate recorded the first episode of this on SBS.

I may or may not have spent about 12 hours binge reading the entire manga (or at least until chapter 157, which was the latest one I could find). Still not sure if I actually enjoy it, or if I might have just gotten bored at watching the Scream series and needed a distraction while waiting for the 10 or so minutes of actual good material appeared.

So season two's airing now, with the first episode having aired. I'll give my thoughts once I've actually watched it, but so far I'm looking forward to finding out more regarding Koro-sensei and the assassin kids.

I was a bit surprised they ended the episode before a scene right after the festival. I hope they won't cut that particularly story out of the series because it does set up one detail that's important for later...

I was a bit surprised they ended the episode before a scene right after the festival. I hope they won't cut that particularly story out of the series because it does set up one detail that's important for later...

*shrug*

They might prefer to have that scene at the beginning of the next episode, to ensure people remember it.

Well, just got done with episode eight and must say that arc was pretty neat. The Reaper was very sneaky and tough, by the looks of it, and quite good at ambushes and convincing enemies to come over to his side.
Though, why did he remove his face? Wouldn't that layer of skin just constantly heal up again? It seems a bit weird as far as disguise methods go, versus changing bone structure and appearance via makeups, dyes and so on.

Well, just got done with episode eight and must say that arc was pretty neat. The Reaper was very sneaky and tough, by the looks of it, and quite good at ambushes and convincing enemies to come over to his side.
Though, why did he remove his face? Wouldn't that layer of skin just constantly heal up again? It seems a bit weird as far as disguise methods go, versus changing bone structure and appearance via makeups, dyes and so on.
True. One thing I liked that showed insight into Koro-sensei was his comment on the person who was the Reaper's guide/mentor. It's not something most people would think of, and shows how much he thinks as a teacher.
He was just crazy. IIRC the logic was that he didn't need his face, so removing it would make him better at taking the face of others.

Woo, Nagisa has a crazy mum. Still not quite sure how the hand clap KO's someone, actually, but I was pleased by the resolution of the episode anyway. Was this longer in the manga, though? Seems like it could have been expanded on some more.

I do get the impression they're rushing through some of the material this season.

I'm fairly sure they can't get to the end of the manga this season - unless the manga-ka shared his notes - because there's at least a couple of weeks more before the manga is complete.

But even so... The first season covered more or less chapters 1-77 of the manga. Roughly 3 chapters per episode.

The first eight episodes of this season took us up to 109 - which averages about 4 chapters per episode. If they keep that up, reaching chapter 180 isn't unthinkable... but that seems unreasonably rushed to me, particularly given some of the upcoming arcs.

In both cases some chapters were skipped entirely, although I'm not convinced by some of the choices for this season.

They are going through the manga material very quickly, which is sad because the manga is a little too fast at times already.

And spoilers for the newest chapter:
The two adults are married!
Kayono is back to being a successful actress. :)
They spent the bounty-money of the kill to buy the mountain!
I am going to miss this manga when it ends next week. :(

I really should not have tried to catch up to the manga only an hour before having to leave for school. Has to be the first time a manga made me actually cry.

I didn't know we had a thread for this.

I saw the first season and loved it. Have been meaning to get into season 2.

Season 1, in a way, really reminded me of the 1998 live action adaptation(the best version by far) of Great Teacher Onizuka. Everything is a teachable moment. :p

Edit: And having gotten to page 3 of this thread it's time to leave because so many spoilers I don't want to have spoiled...

Last edited:
Well that confirms it. This season is rushing because they want to cover the end of the manga this season.

Dammit. More rush. More stuff will be cut out...

Back