SoftRogue said:
Glory Girl doesn't have any visual effects to her powers. Remember how Tattletale figured out how GG's force field worked during the bank robbery because of the dust that settled on her after her entrance?

If there was a visual effect to her force field, the fact it turns off after sufficient impact before it resets would have been a known fact to anyone who pays attention to such things/fights her and would have been exploited long before Tattletale did.
Huh, I thought it was visible. Oh well.

Duquette7 said:
So that could be Glory Girl, and the flashes are how Taylor is interpreting Glory's empathic powers.
Again, Glory Girl doesn't have lasers. The quote clearly states that she's using a ranged attack.

The figure raised a hand, and a blinding flash of white light lit up the street.

Blade4 said:
Actually that would make sense. IIRC Purity has little reason to go around beating up what amounts to her, estranged, gang and Glory Girl is known to get pretty brutal.
Purity Interlude,

Interlude 3 1/2 said:
A year ago, she had made the ABB a priority target. Three to five times a week, she had carried out surgical strikes against the low level operations of the gang, interrupting shipments, beating up dealers and thugs, attacking their places of business and all the while, she had been gathering information.

SolipsistSerpen said:
An enjoyable but mildly frustrating chapter, as we're still trying to figure out what just happened. Which puts the audience in the same position as the lead character, really.

While several other people have pointed out that Glory Girl's powers are invisible, I thought I'd point out that it's Lady Photon who gets called Photon Mom, rather than her sister Brandish.
I know. Note my edit.

You know... who's to say that this is even a crossover at all? This could be a story where Taylor just plain didn't trigger.

Are we certain that was actually a superhero and not Taylor creating, and or controlling something to beat up the gangsters she had just though negatively of.

I don't know mage except about what I hear in forums but to they get familiars, projections, manifestations of powers or their subconscious or anything like that?

cyberswordsmen said:
Are we certain that was actually a superhero and not Taylor creating, and or controlling something to beat up the gangsters she had just though negatively of.

I don't know mage except about what I hear in forums but to they get familiars, projections, manifestations of powers or their subconscious or anything like that?
Taylor would know she was doing it if she was pulling a stunt like that.

Conjured Blade said:
Taylor would know she was doing it if she was pulling a stunt like that.
An Awakening Mage would know, and be doing it purposefully, and not a starting character. I can think of a couple ways to build an Ascension Mage who could have that happen. I'm pretty sure this is Awakening, though.

TheLastOne said:
An Awakening Mage would know, and be doing it purposefully, and not a starting character. I can think of a couple ways to build an Ascension Mage who could have that happen. I'm pretty sure this is Awakening, though.
So no spirit guides, companions, personifications of her powers, manifestation of how she views power or anything like that?

Undead-Spaceman said:
Again, Glory Girl doesn't have lasers. The quote clearly states that she's using a ranged attack.

Purity Interlude,
She might just be sensing the emotional effect GG puts out; I'm pretty sure it's largely directed and not Omni-directional, it isn't too farfetched for Taylor to interpret it as a beam of light. I'm with Duquette on this.

cyberswordsmen said:
So no spirit guides, companions, personifications of her powers, manifestation of how she views power or anything like that?
You can go out and get a spirit guide, it's some serious work. Same for companion. You could create a legacy that gives you an autonomous manifestation of your power - some legacies are close to that, but none are quite that.

The Awakened don't really unconsciously reality bend, or if they do, it's by design after hard work to achieve that state.

Of course, in a purely Maths based sense, a Changeling is the single most badass starting character in oWoD.

Over 2000 agg in one round is possible.

As a starting char.

Of course, sure, you have to be min-maxed out the wazoo with a GM that allows you to get away with murder.....but the fact remains.

I'm not biased......really.

*sniffs* I wish they finished Kithbook: Boggan!

Anyway, some of the oWoD splats would fit right in, but be utterly broken.

Lets not get started on what a Virtual Adept with their Trinary Computer could do!

Well, you certainly do make the Worm/Exalted guys' attempts at horror seem fumbling and stupid.

Can't say I'm really enjoying this fic yet, per se, but it's interesting.

Guile said:
Well, you certainly do make the Worm/Exalted guys' attempts at horror seem fumbling and stupid.

Can't say I'm really enjoying this fic yet, per se, but it's interesting.
Which one of us is trying to do horror? Have I missed one of the Wormxalted crossovers?

NSMS said:
Which one of us is trying to do horror? Have I missed one of the Wormxalted crossovers?
Both Infernals (Fiend and It Is Dark) and the Abyssal (She Who Skitters In Shadows) stories I'd classify as horror(-ish). And the Raksha story (Goblin Queen) is heading that way. Nature of the source material.

Guile said:
Both Infernals (Fiend and It Is Dark) and the Abyssal (She Who Skitters In Shadows) stories I'd classify as horror(-ish). Nature of the source material.
Haven't read It Is Dark, but the other two don't come across as particularly trying to be horror-y to me. Mildly creepy at worst.

This, on the other hand, is full-blown horror. No doubt about that.

Guile said:
Both Infernals (Fiend and It Is Dark) and the Abyssal (She Who Skitters In Shadows) stories I'd classify as horror(-ish). And the Raksha story (Goblin Queen) is heading that way. Nature of the source material.
Eh, nothing here has creeped me out as much as Goblin Queen. There's an ongoing loss of identity issue in the background that hits all my nightmare buttons. This is Taylor facing going to her worst place, but she remains herself and continues to own herself.

Dermonster said:
Ooh an ES fic, set in worm even!

*Skips to story sections and then straight to the end of the thread.*

What the flipping hell is the crossover? Has that been guessed to a reasonable degree of accuracy yet?

Also this is looking a bit too grim for me. I'll stick with it for a while, see if my mood on it improves. It's just three bits in, after all.
Most likely Mage the Awakening, with Taylor having just traveled to Pandemonium.

Dermonster said:
I know absolutely nothing about Mage the Awakening. I don't know what pandemonium is or how taylor could have traveled there or why in any fashion that is important. This dampens my enthusiasm greatly. I tend to, as most sensible people do, shy away from fanfiction about settings or characters I know nothing about.

Then again I knew nothing about ZnT until I read Making Magick [Different author], or Overlord till I read Overlady. Both turned out fantastic. So I'll give it a shot anyways.
It's a RPG setting, and Earthscorpion is good at making sure the reader learns as much as the character, so the things you don't know won't be important.

That said, we aren't certain, just strongly suspect.

Dermonster said:
I know absolutely nothing about Mage the Awakening. I don't know what pandemonium is or how taylor could have traveled there or why in any fashion that is important. This dampens my enthusiasm greatly. I tend to, as most sensible people do, shy away from fanfiction about settings or characters I know nothing about.

Then again I knew nothing about ZnT until I read Making Magick [Different author], or Overlord till I read Overlady. Both turned out fantastic. So I'll give it a shot anyways.
Mage the Ascension in a nutshell:
  • Reality runs on consensus
  • People who become aware of this fact can warp reality with their minds in ways the consensus will tolerate.
  • Way back when, mages ran the world, and they were oppressive jerks. This is why the Order of Reason, now known as the Technocracy was formed. They pushed the scientific paradigm into the consensus, making it much harder to cast spells without being subtle. Now they run the world, and the default protagonists are the Traditions who are trying to push magic back into the consensus.
Mage the Awakening in a nutshell:

• Reality is a prison
  • People become aware of this fact through unexpected journeys to one of the higher realms like Pandemonium, and signing their name at a watchtower. Once they awaken, they can bring the power of the higher realms back in, letting them warp reality, though it does punch back if magic that unveils the true nature of the world is used.
  • There's a magic destroying abyss between the real world and the supernal realms from which magic originates. Mages who aren't there want to build a new connection, and the mages already there who caused the first connection to break want to keep that from happening.

Back