An Age of Rust (In the Shadow of the Old Pueblo Reboot)

I don't think you understand the tech level people have here. all save the most elite downtimers will utterly lack the means to play any of this music or listen to it.
yeah Rachel only played music when she arrived on Crete b/c it was only a few months after the Event. Plus she is an uptimer so yeah. I find it hard for a downtimer to get access to some sort of instrument, let alone a way to record and play music without significant musician skills

You are ignoring content by this member.
I don't think you understand the tech level people have here. all save the most elite downtimers will utterly lack the means to play any of this music or listen to it.

Music can be translated. Improvizing with local or scrap-made instruments

Basic guitar without amps is within the capabilities of most nations

Plus they can play it live. Not sure how complicated vinyl recording and disk are

Maybe make it more Accoustic or sound more like Stone Sour

Jonathan Davis's solo project style is less complicated. I love his song 'What it is'

Could amps and pedals be made using Victorian era tech?
It take electronic stuff or vacuum tubes to make a primitive one. Something that would be really rare by now given materials breaking. So yeah I kind of doubt that

It's been twenty years since the Event
Yes and people still have far better things to do with their time, then waste materials on silly instruments, that can be used for far more important things.

Also for the twenty years thing, most states didnt form until 6-7 years after the event, and those that started before have major issue or had to deal with issues. Besides again most places are going to focus on things that are actually important

Last edited:
I would say most states, though there are a few areas where things are bad, are well removed from the days of serious risk of the average citizen straving anytime soon, which is why you have stuff like printing shops and stage Theater popping up again, though only really in the last few years on any scale. But like most states R&D right now is focused on things like better steel, general industrialization, figuring out what polymers they can make (Because the quest showed me things like Bakalite aren't too far away in theory), and trying to mass produce smokeless powder. The last one being a real big one.

I would say most states, though there are a few areas where things are bad, are well removed from the days of serious risk of the average citizen straving anytime soon, which is why you have stuff like printing shops and stage Theater popping up again, though only really in the last few years on any scale. But like most states R&D right now is focused on things like better steel, general industrialization, figuring out what polymers they can make (Because the quest showed me things like Bakalite aren't too far away in theory), and trying to mass produce smokeless powder. The last one being a real big one.

By 20 AE the post-Event nations are in the Victorian period with ALL that entails

Jack the Ripper, Scramble for Africa/Europe, Pseudoscience and Leopold II butchering the Congo could occur

It is highly likely China takes over most of Eurasia as they will have no obstacles and have hunger of resources and living space

Guess in any Timeline India always play second fiddle to China. At least India this time around takes much bettet care of its population, sending some of it to space before overcrowding takes place

By 20 AE the post-Event nations are in the Victorian period with ALL that entails

....No they aren't?

They're not just "in the Victorian Period". I struggle to imagine any of the states have industry to produce a rail network or an automobile.

There isn't even a single "China" around at this point as we'd understand it.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about with "India" sending its people to space when there is neither an India nor feasible space travel for the next several centuries, and quite possible never for the former.

Tech levels aren't a unified thing, they're a video game concept to explain a series of highly interconnected and social as much as technological developments. Some societies might recover basic manufacturing capabilities in the next ten years but not be able to produce an x-ray for the next 200 because the knowledge ends up lost and they don't stumble on to it.

....No they aren't?

They're not just "in the Victorian Period". I struggle to imagine any of the states have industry to produce a rail network or an automobile.

There isn't even a single "China" around at this point as we'd understand it.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about with "India" sending its people to space when there is neither an India nor feasible space travel for the next several centuries, and quite possible never for the former.

Tech levels aren't a unified thing, they're a video game concept to explain a series of highly interconnected and social as much as technological developments. Some societies might recover basic manufacturing capabilities in the next ten years but not be able to produce an x-ray for the next 200 because the knowledge ends up lost and they don't stumble on to it.

The Shang dynasty exist and probably will last much longer this time around thanks to knowledge of the future and advanced technology. Plus they don't have to worry about overpopulation or environmental damage that modern China has yet the CCP is still in power and will continue to do so

Scientific theory, experimentation, decline of resources wasted on religion but instead spent on actual tech research and the fact that X-rays are real means they will be invented sooner than later

Ancient Egyptians/Greeks figured out on their own the Earth isn't flat in Real Life. They can figure out everything much faster with all the knowledge and technology gained from the Americans

By 20 AE even the Proto-Somalians and Proto-Germanians are adopting, sometimes by murdering their obselete priests, American ideas and technology. Time-wasting Prayers and wasteful animal sacrifices don't work against bronze spears much less muskets and gunpowder grenades!

Tribes that wash their hands and try to maintain better sanitary practices do better than tribes that don't. That benefit increases with each year/generation and forces other tribes to adapt similar practices or be competed out or conquered by their newly empowered neighbors

Imagine if the same tribe that first accepted germ theory also were the first to embrace gunpowder warfare over their religious-superstitious neighbors

Shaka Zulu didn't have guns, germ theory, books and metal armor when he carved out his empire

You're telling me people are incapable of making these 18th century inventions within 10 years?

Make some of these inventions by 20 years?

The Shang dynasty exist and probably will last much longer this time around thanks to knowledge of the future and advanced technology. Plus they don't have to worry about overpopulation or environmental damage that modern China has yet the CCP is still in power and will continue to do so

Scientific theory, experimentation, decline of resources wasted on religion but instead spent on actual tech research and the fact that X-rays are real means they will be invented sooner than later

Ancient Egyptians/Greeks figured out on their own the Earth isn't flat in Real Life. They can figure out everything much faster with all the knowledge and technology gained from the Americans

By 20 AE even the Proto-Somalians and Proto-Germanians are adopting, sometimes by murdering their obselete priests, American ideas and technology. Time-wasting Prayers and wasteful animal sacrifices don't work against bronze spears much less muskets and gunpowder grenades!

Tribes that wash their hands and try to maintain better sanitary practices do better than tribes that don't. That benefit increases with each year/generation and forces other tribes to adapt similar practices or be competed out or conquered by their newly empowered neighbors

Imagine if the same tribe that first accepted germ theory also were the first to embrace gunpowder warfare over their religious-superstitious neighbors

Shaka Zulu didn't have guns, germ theory, books and metal armor when he carved out his empire

You're telling me people are incapable of making these 18th century inventions within 10 years?

Inventions of the 19th Century

This is an outrageously simplistic view of history and technology. I don't even know where to start. At the very least you're dramatically overestimating the propagation of knowledge and information in a pre-telecommunication, largely pre-literate world connected tenuously at best by fragile bronze age trade routes, as well as the complexities involved in an industrial economy.

Almost everything you said here is wrong on some level. Or at least founded on inaccurate principles.

You do realize how those states are more centralized and have existed longer than any of these Age of Rust states. Like just b/c you invented one invention roughly Victorian or Post-Napoleon Era doesn't mean you can get ALL those techs. Also the idea that Religion somehow caused Science to stagnate is such a bs statement likely made by some atheist saying Medieval Europe hurt "technological development" (Aka The Chart)

You do realize how those states are more centralized and have existed longer than any of these Age of Rust states. Like just b/c you invented one invention roughly Victorian or Post-Napoleon Era doesn't mean you can get ALL those techs. Also the idea that Religion somehow caused Science to stagnate is such a bs statement likely made by some atheist saying Medieval Europe hurt "technological development" (Aka The Chart)

Yet the most religious states in the US are the most stagnant and having the biggest brain drain, women fleeing and aspiring doctors avoiding

Medical, life-saving abortions are 100% illegal in Conservative states. Screw the life of women

Mississippi just spent 240 MILLION on another giant cross instead of any of its dozens problems

Religious authorities oppossed Darwin's Theory of Evolution and Heliocentrism

Yet the most religious states in the US are the most stagnant and having the biggest brain drain, women fleeing and aspiring doctors avoiding

Medical, life-saving abortions are 100% illegal in Conservative states. Screw the life of women

Mississippi just spent 240 MILLION on another giant cross instead of any of its dozens problems

Conflating modern conservative anti-intellectualism with all religions across all of time is a massive overgeneralization.

It's a small thing, but the Catholic Church did not oppose Heliocentrism. The whole story with Galileo is fascinating and very complex, but Galileo's support of heliocentrism was not a breaking point. In the 16th and 17th centuries it was not clear scientifically which was true even.
Arguably, heliocentrism wasn't proved for good until the first stellar parallax was observed in the 1830s.
As for evolution, I'll give you that. Although even there you get stuff like how Georges Lemaître, a Catholic, basically came up with the Big Bang.

The church was also quite crucial in helping preserve and spread literacy in the early middle ages, and I imagine in quite a few states organized religion will take up the burden of spreading knowledge when the government can't.

Just ignore them.

I'm just going to assume that in the Mediterranean technology will look like a schizo mix of everything from 18th to 20th century. Within a century after the Event and the arrival of the Americans. All of which depend on a bunch of different factors that I can't even begin to list.

Just ignore them.

I'm just going to assume that in the Mediterranean technology will look like a schizo mix of everything from 18th to 20th century. Within a century after the Event and the arrival of the Americans. All of which depend on a bunch of different factors that I can't even begin to list.
That is pretty much it. 100 A.E is gonna be a wild mix of technologies and politics. Some knowledge will be recovered quickly, some will be lost.

As an atheist I'm mostly indifferent to religion but would prefer if it stayed out of politics and education, but it can and has been used for good, just like it can be used for horrible things.

Now as for this timeline, the supernatural has just been confirmed or at they very least something of great power that may as well be supernatural exists, unless it was someone's Time Machine. So more people will be open the existence of a god/spirit/etc

Also both versions of the Catholic Church are trying to make things better and try to help downtimers. With the bishop of one side being murdered by the government/military/rouge people for it

Meanwhile Crete while not super duper religious will be spreading its culture and religion. While also not being terrible to other people, besides being an expansionist empire, but that has nothing to do wtih religion.

Naxos lets the priests have power and they arent causing any issues

Meanwhile the Mormons despite being a theo-democracy with all the issues that would cause dont seem the type to want to make things terrible for people.

On the other hand you have the NAR, New Monthan, the vanguardist and possibly Hattsua are making things worse with there religions, though they also have huge issues outside of religion. For Hattsua cant really say either way, as the only thing we have for them is the holiday update and the fact that they are falling apart

No idea what's going on with Egypt or Ioclus with their religious groups, so only time will tell

Edit
Can someone tell me what the 7th anniversary reaction means?

Last edited:

That has more to do with issues plaguing the region since the Civil War. With what little industrial regions were destroyed, of course it would struggle. But even then, this applies only to portions of the south. Most urban regions in the South like Southern Florida aren't facing this issue. Your also making a huge generalization of conservatives in general given how big the region is ... like seriously, conservatives and liberals aren't a single monolith

The former was controversial when it was created but honestly it's way too simplistic to say religious authorities opposed it especially nowadays when most Christians do generally agree to it and Jesuits were influential in many scientific discoveries anyway. Heliocentrism is more complicated but the Church mostly viewed Galileo as a threat in the form of Protestantism, not really the idea of Heliocentrism itself. The trail wasn't even about that, it was about how Galileo broke a promise to stop talking about the theory (plus he did end up insulting the Pope in a not so sutle way through one of his books even if he didn't intend it).

Also religion did a lot to preserve history as well and ... honestly read this whole debunking of the "Dark Ages": Here
It basically shows why this idea of religion bad is dumb

Back