Alchemical Solutions [Worm/Exalted] Thread 13: Myopic Maker Mistakenly Mobilizes Mega-Marrow

What we really need to do is figure out what the Youth Guard thinks we've been doing that counts as a overwork. Most of our time since Brockton Bay has been spent either hanging out with our friends, attending school, or taking part in activities that all the Wards participate in. We've done almost no tinkering. We have spent no time on Dragon's plan. The only personal projects we've been engaged in are our recruitment efforts, and our meditation. Neither of which should look like work. Given that we also had all that forced down time when we first arrived, and I'm really wondering what they are complaining about.

What we really need to do is figure out what the Youth Guard thinks we've been doing that counts as a overwork. Most of our time since Brockton Bay has been spent either hanging out with our friends, attending school, or taking part in activities that all the Wards participate in. We've done almost no tinkering. We have spent no time on Dragon's plan. The only personal projects we've been engaged in are our recruitment efforts, and our meditation. Neither of which should look like work. Given that we also had all that forced down time when we first arrived, and I'm really wondering what they are complaining about.

Paranoia fuel. Because that's VERY true. Is somebody using the Youth Guard to interfere with us?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the School thing we're doing along with the Meditations. Remember, we're getting a YG representative at the school starting next week, who will likely shadow us and be a royal pain in the ass for both us and Principal Sinclair. It just seems to me to be unnecessary obstacles when we have enough of those already.

Last edited:
We could always fake relaxing while actually studying something by borrowing one of the twin's books and pretending to read it while actually reading some manual we absorbed.

We're getting the first dot of Stealth to unlock "know where and when to use our stealth charm", right? Would it make sense to grab the first point in melee for understanding where and when to take people down with our stun baton?

It's probably the twins fault that Who and Vista were reading them in the first place, so it would be unfair to put the blame on Who.
The update hints otherwise...
"Are you busy, Missy?" you ask, your tone level despite keeping your narrowed eyes on the second-youngest Philadelphia Ward.

"N-no! I wasn't doing anything! It was Aisha!"

Aisha looks up from her book for a split second, snorts a laugh, then resumes reading.
*snip*

At the line, 'Hilda heard the fading sound of galloping abs' you snap the book closed in disgust, then level a glare at the twins. Nonplussed at your silent condemnation, they both point to Aisha.

Covering your face with your free hand, you drop the book back in the young Stranger's lap with a sigh.

"Fuck, you could have at least saved my place!"

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the School thing we're doing along with the Meditations. Remember, we're getting a YG representative at the school starting next week, who will likely shadow us and be a royal pain in the ass for both us and Principal Sinclair. It just seems to me to be unnecessary obstacles when we have enough of those already.

I think it might be because of stuff like this
Principal Sinclair is unreadable - as usual - when you vent your frustrations at their childlike behavior, seeming more interested at staring a hole into the puckyboard she's turning over in her hand. She remains silent until the end, only nodding in your general direction as she leaves with a parting comment.

"You are surprised that children behave like children? Interesting."

It might look like we're so screwed up thanks to Behemoth and burying ourselves in work to avoid grief that we can't even relate to people our own age any more.

It might look like we're so screwed up thanks to Behemoth and burying ourselves in work to avoid grief that we can't even relate to people our own age any more.

I imagine that's a large part of it. But the timing is very specific to Alexandria talking shit about putting us in a mental health facility. Makes you wonder if this little "review" was instigated. After all, up until now, the YG didn't have a rep at the school, and the only person reporting was whitewashing it. So how do they know enough to start reviewing our case? Why now?

I'm kind of amused by the thought we have trouble relating to normal people our own age, since that was something canon Taylor had problems with as well. At this point, that bridge is well and truly burnt. We've watched hundreds of people die, we have a life expectancy measured in centuries, and we've effectively changed species. We have literally nothing in common with the average person.

On the frontpage being down topic, it is only the frontpage. Pages from 2 on work just fine.

Last edited:
With regards to picking up Ally (Accord), I think we should do it. Really, it solves several problems for us; we want actions taken on our behalf and he has the freedom and ability to act on them on our behalf. In return, we can supply him with something that he can't get anywhere else; Incomparable Efficiency Upgrade. Heck, even the name should appeal to Accord.

Accord is almost certainly going to go after Saint for this? IEU: You have increased planning capability for the next four hours to plan to neutralize Saint. We require the safe return of Iris; two hours to plan on how to reduce ebola outbreaks in Africa. Camden plan? Camden plan. There's way too much for us to try tackling on our own, even if we didn't have constraints on us among our base of operations. However, we are more than capable of Administrating, and I strongly suggest we lean on that.

We aren't going to deliberately help him with his criminal endeavors (and given his demonstrated success suggesting that we might have something to add would be somewhat insulting), but he only went into crime to pay for his world hunger schemes. If we make it clear that we both agree that we want to save the world and are willing to cooperate on world-saving endeavors (like 'bring in reinforcements to curtail the Endbringers') then we have the rough framework for a clear and mutually beneficial working relationship which is all a one dot ally is.

The Youth Guard, however, provides an interesting complication. I don't think that Director Coastas-Brown sicced them on us, given how difficult they are to shake once they've gotten a bit of traction, and we're pretty valuable even just for our tech duplication and Thinker powerups. My best guess right now would be either a spiteful Thomas Calvert (possible, though not something I honestly anticipate) or potentially Tattletale trying to trip us up (which would be...workable, I suppose, but if she was worried about interacting with us then why come to Philadelphia?). It's almost certainly not someone in the Philadelphia Protectorate or Director Uriel, as the YG are going to cause them at least as much problems as they'll cause us.

I'd like to see the YG rep and talk to them, see if we can investigate our case. If we can readily access our files, that'd be interesting. If we can't, then that's also interesting (and not necessarily a bar to our investigation).

Back