I like Fault-defeating stance. The lack of ways to advance without fighting has always been a pet peeve of mine, and advancing Archmage Domains is way more versatile then echo-farming with the RoE, while not being as draining as Praxis training. It's a really good option for long-term growth.

The only issue with it is the potential lack of access to creating new spells with other Domains, which potentially removes access to a way to address Apocryphal procs. Even with that flaw it's strong though.

if Hunger were to activate the Fault-Defeating Stance selecting the domain of Space
This is the second blurb that we've been offered about Hunger's mastery over Space.

Maybe it's a hint about Stage III Indenture mitigation. Are we allowed to go on vacations from the universe during the 10 years after finishing a task?

Adhoc vote count started by Zampano on May 24, 2021 at 8:18 PM, finished with 178 posts and 35 votes.

+Might, +Agility, +Willpower, +Luck, +Wisdom for every week spent in a Cage, to maximum of ++++++++++++++++++++ to those Attributes.
This deserves some more attention, IMO. Since Willpower is added to Hunger's effective Might and Agility, and Might means both Strength and Constitution, altogether this is a maximum of +180 stat increases in total if I'm mathing right: +20 Strength, +20 Constitution, +20 Agility, +20 Willpower (+20 Strength, Constitution, and Agility), +20 Luck, and +20 Wisdom = 180 stat +s in total. At 3 weeks per RoE visit, we'd be adding these at a rate of 27 +s per visit, so it would take 6 full visits and part of a 7th before we'd have all of them, to be fair. Still, I think that's enough to be pretty relevant even at our level. And with how (relatively) low our Luck is right now, it would single-handedly almost double our Luck. Currently, we've given minimal exploration to the possibilities of Imprisonment (largely from lack of opportunity to do so AFAICT, to be fair) so this doesn't shine out as clearly, but an ability to convert imprisoned enemies into willing collaborators could also vastly boost the potential benefits of imprisoning foes.

Since we can safely generate 2-pick fights in the Realm of Evening, IMO we should definitely keep this in mind for our next visit if we haven't picked this up before then.

Say, guys, I have an idea. We keep making builds based on our efforts to outscale The Madman, but what would he make a build of? If Doctor Apocalypse got his hands on the coins used in Furthermost Reaches, what would he buy? Either at the beginning of They Called Me Mad, or just prior to his training arc against Coeus, or whatever decision ultimately made there.

For the second point in the timeline, I'm imagining Apocalypse had a look at their artifacts while tinkering with Skyveil, so perhaps one of the spatial or temporal ones spat out the coins as a reaction to the Fire Jewel, or possibly Apocalypse himself, potentially some of both. It's hard to say when dealing with higher dimensions.

Able to tell the coins are benign, if faintly supernatural, Apocalypse is allowed in close proximity, picks them up to run a few tests, and the Broker arrives to make a deal.

He likely wouldn't be interested in the Transmogrifications. His Creation-based alterations to his biology has moved him far past the raw physicality of any of them, and Elysian's extreme healing and immortality are things he could likely achieve on his own, so he wouldn't bother paying for that. Besides, Aria would be able to tell him Elysian wouldn't let him survive Coeus if he had any doubts.

Color Green has an unacceptable cost in the form of quashing his free time by an extra 4 hours, and he doesn't kill things frequently enough for Violet to amount to a major boost. Even if he could kill a Titan, they're crucial to the functioning of the current universe, so he can't get that boost. The mental contamination flavors of Green and Violet likely wouldn't appeal to him either, though he seems self-aware enough to think Gold and Red more in line with his current thought processes. The Essence-bending of Color Red would hold some interest for him, since constant growth across all parameters regardless of what he does or what happens to him up to 3.8 ISH would be an immense amount of power, even by Titanic standards, but he wouldn't have the time to draw it out. Gold would likely draw more interest from him due to it's effective fate-bending via luck enhancement than the limbs/soldiers, since that's not likely to be a huge shift in the calculus, but getting more out of his training thanks to lucky breaks might. Since his Creations likely count as part of his 'treasury' and he's got an undersea fortress set up, he might not have a queen's money, but he can certainly access a minor lord's benefits. Basically, his build at Quest-Start or after the Coeus duel would likely have Red as a center-piece as a means of outscaling his foes, while just prior would likely go for Gold to bolster him if it came to a fight and boost their preparations, combing Gold with Ten Thousand as a means to improve his astral combat and mental faculties simultaneously.

Numeracy One might be valuable to him, since he'd be able to work through the night, effectively appending 8 productive hours to his schedule by having his healing magic take care of his needs on that front, as well as providing a means of surviving a blow that wasn't immediately lethal from Coeus, so I suspect this would be in his build regardless of the time period. It beats Elysian's healing by applying to the mind, even if it's a once-per-day thing. Numeracy Three would also be likely to persist in his build regardless, since he intends to resolve the power issues himself, though it's unlikely to be especially meaningful against Coeus. This does have the benefit of reassuring him about the intentions of his temporary allies, and Aria might be in the zone to be affected at the time. Seeing astral energies in his physical body may have synergy with his training for the potential duel on that plane. Seven is likely to fall into the 'Can replicate it via Powers' the Transmogrifications did.

Numeracy Ten isn't especially relevant against Coeus, even a fragment of him sent to handle something trivial, unless it synergizes with Ten Thousand on the astral plane, giving him ten thousand iterations of himself, and Ten then multiplies strength, speed, and durability by 10. That might tip the scales enough that he can actually meaningfully aid Aria when they've spent weeks hammering out a teamwork bonus instead of a malus. Ten Thousand granting Apocalypse so many of himself to work with might have some scaling issues, as is often a problem, but even if it only effectively multiplies his mental output by 100, he's likely to get a major boost to his Creations, and may well be able to train with Aria and work on Creation simultaneously. Also, I doubt Coeus would get anything out of Ten Thousand, since he's got universe-scale processing power, but if he would(which I doubt), then offering to teach it to him could be an extremely potent bargaining chip. He'd effectively get ten thousand times as much calculation of the next Age done. Of course, Doctor Apocalypse may well not be willing to offer one of the major means of leveling the playing field he possesses, but it might depend on the situation. Then there's the possibility of Coeus being able to just... copy it. The Numeracies seem heavily math-based, and if there's a type of magic the Titan of Knowledge would be able to easily copy not explicitly derived from Titans, math-based would be my guess.

The Verses are in a weird place. Last Laugh might offend the Doctor's pride, but I think he's pragmatic enough to go for it. Especially if it provides a means for him to drive off Coeus if all else fails. His strong willpower, high intellect, and Creation-augmented strength mean Bolt From the Blue would be really powerful. I doubt the anti-memetic effect would mean much to Coeus though. Probably wouldn't take this and Gold, but given the Gold constructs can be used as a shield, while this would take some serious finagling for such, it may be a possibility. Step Up's intellect scaling intellect boost would be of great use to him, as a means to endlessly increase his intellect, and by the time it reaches it's upper limit in the far future, he'll have long since Creation-ed his way to more intellect boosters even if none of these other magics help him out. Stitch in Time wouldn't work on Coeus, so it's mostly useless if it's intended to be just before that encounter, but Quest Start, or after that encounter, would make it more likely. Stealing Blaze's trick of having a rune of it ready to go if you die would make much more dangerous experiments feasible, which might function as an 'EXP multiplier', particularly since 'one-off' experiments can be repeated. Especially if Ten Thousand is also taken. Second Fiddle would be essentially useless to him unless he was going for 'Verse completionism' for the boost to learning them, and his assistant goes out of her way to remain a normie to keep him grounded, so it's not like it could be useful to her. Perfect Storm is highly versatile, but it's going to look a lot better at the beginning of the game than the middle or end. Quest Start Apocalypse might pick it up for sheer versatility, and Perfect Storm's final invocation might be of use in resolving Coeus issue with Kronos peacefully, but if he got the deal right after taking Coeus' deal, then I doubt he would take it. He can already do or easily outperform most of these effects on his own initiative.

The Trinkets might pique the Doctor's interest in the name of direct replication, or making them the centerpiece of Creations as the Fire Jewel was. Still, he's unlikely to have enough interest to buy the Manacles or Glasses. Sigil on Step Up or Red seem most likely, given that allowing Ten Thousand to gain more instances is likely to be a lot less bang for your back unless you're gaining a higher percentage of instances than you're gaining intellect or total performance, though the fact that Ten Thousand can't normally grow might swing things back into it's favor. Sword would likely only be of interest due to it's pocket dimension. Now, if he could jury-rig it so that slaying Titans with it allowed it to slot them back into the cosmic machinery, with their minds ground into Essence for the Sword while the majority of their power remained in the rest of the universe, that would be different, but I don't think that's likely. Gonne's mental alterations aren't likely to be appreciated, and the benefits at early levels are unlikely to be of much help to PL 30 Doctor Apocalypse who's been in the Supervillain game for decades. The gun magics might be of interest for potential mass production, especially post-Coeus, as DA is going to know that not everyone is going to just accept that his rule would be for the best, and being able to send out weapons and machines with unlimited ammo would be of interest to him. He's not likely to take the Ticket, since it's a little too much of a gamble on luck, especially when he'd need to take on a Blight. Diagram is the only magic school likely to be of major use. Maybe Marrow, but only because he's pretty much guaranteed to take One, and that's rather time-consuming for it's buck when he's already got Artifice to worry about. The Basis might be useful for unlimited minions if he can customize it enough, but requires a lot of killing to do that. Exavolt is once again 'I can probably make a copy of that.' though Amplitude might be a good second-place relative to Diagram.

Oh, one more thing. Considering Apocalypse without Furthermost Reaches powers was already a Blight, would he, with access to such, receive a Blight along the lines of a FR character who is also a Cursebearer as a Blight option?

Here's a Quest Start build:

[D] Gold [1 Platinum]
[D] Red [1 Jade]
[D] One [1 Copper]
[D] Three [3 Copper]
[D] Seven [1 Platinum]
[D] Last Laugh [2 Copper]
[D] Bolt From the Blue [4 Copper]
[D] Step Up [1 Platinum]
[D] Stitch in Time [1 Platinum]
[D] Sigil - Applied to Red [1 Platinum]
[D] The Captain [+2 Copper]
[D] The Hunted [+2 Platinum]

Since he's not expecting to fight a Titan, he's going for a build with a mix of versatility, since he's going to be strapped for resources for the foreseeable future, and potential/mental boosts. With 4 Verses, and his own prodigious intellect, he'll learn Verses very quickly. Seven may bolster Creation-ing and experimenting when he's got resource issues affecting his toolkit, which might synergize with Stitch's boosts on that front, but it's mostly to avoid leaving a Platinum lying around.

Captain is, much like Tyrant, so similar to his usual behavior that's it's practically free Coppers. Hunted may be a net boon, since he's likely to amass followers and resources via his antics, even if he's only defending himself, and there's already a manhunt going on. Not sure what would replace Madman, but neither Waning nor Wretch are a good fit for someone who wants to rule the world.

While this would be a pre-Coeus build:

[D] Gold [1 Platinum]
[D] One [1 Copper]
[D] Three [3 Copper]
[D] Ten [2 Platinum]
[D] Ten Thousand [1 Jade]
[D] Step Up [1 Platinum]
[D] Sigil - Applied to Ten Thousand [1 Platinum]

Direct combat boosts are a moderate priority, so Bolt sticks around, but Stich and Seven are traded for Ten, since that's likely to be more directly helpful. Red now has too much ramp-up time to be useful, so it's swapped for Ten Thousand, which is very good for massive amounts of Creation-ing and Astral training. Last Laugh is now an absolute must, in case DA fails against Coeus. Though, unless I am drastically underestimating the Curse Broker, Coeus is well beyond him, so it would have to be someone else. Maybe a High Cursebearer avatar like Haeliel? Or literally one of Haeliel's avatars. Would the 'About the Kuiper Belt' distance be enough to move up from Least Quasi-Avatar to Lesser Quasi-Avatar if Aria is shielding Earth from her influence, I wonder?

If I were using my illegal 'Just take the resources and double them, number of Curses is now unbound.' builds, then they'd look more like this:

[D] Gold [1 Platinum]
[D] Red [1 Jade]
[D] One [1 Copper]
[D] Three [3 Copper]
[D] Seven [1 Platinum]
[D] Ten [2 Platinum]
[D] Ten Thousand [1 Jade]
[D] Step Up [8 Copper]
[D] Stitch in Time [1 Platinum]
[D] Sigil - Applied to Red [1 Platinum]
[D] Gonne [1 Platinum]
[D] Plate [2 Platinum]

Since Red amplifies all other magics, it's the better idea to boost with Sigil, and combined with Ten Thousand and 4 Verses, he's going to learn crazy-fast, particularly with Gold to accelerate testing. Gonne and Plate are intended to be reverse-engineered and made into mass-production models for his soldiers, for the latter, and used to generate 'ex nihilo' production of war-making apparatuses. As you can see, I mostly just smashed the two builds together. Now, a bunch of these abilities aren't going to be much use against Coeus, even if this is Quest Start and he gets extra ramp-up time, but with all this, he's going to be managing Hunger-tier Progression, not merely Cursebearer-tier. Of course, if I remember the timescale correctly, less than three months pass between the Quest Start and the fight with Coeus, but then Doc's not starting as a cripple with most of his memories missing, and as we all know, power compounds on power.

What do you guys think?

2401 Words, by the way.

Last edited:
You're very dramatically underestimating him! Or rather, Coeus is pretty weak compared to the likes of Hunger, much less the Curse Broker!

Huh. Really? I was kind of under the impression he was more in line with Hunger. Still enough to casually take over the Voyaging Realm/Furthermost Reaches in a matter of hours rather than days, but not casually universe-busting. Should I assume power equivalent to maxed out Red, The Basis, Marrow, and The Diagram? Because that's the sort of thing I expecting you to need to reduce Coeus to a 2-Pick fight.

Hm, how would Coeus react to that sort of nonsense, I wonder? He's not stupid. Not being stupid is practically the entire point of his existence. Would he try and analyze this stuff to incorporate it into the next Age, and not just to develop potential counters?

Last edited:
Huh. Really? I was kind of under the impression he was more in line with Hunger. Still enough to casually take over the Voyaging Realm/Furthermost Reaches in a matter of hours rather than days, but not casually universe-busting. Should I assume power equivalent to maxed out Red, The Basis, Marrow, and The Diagram? Because that's the sort of thing I expecting you to need to reduce Coeus to a 2-Pick fight.

Hm, how would Coeus react to that sort of nonsense, I wonder? He's not stupid. Not being stupid is practically the entire point of his existence. Would he try and analyze this stuff to incorporate it into the next Age, and not just to develop potential counters?
Consider The-That-Was. The three-pick fight we saw in RoE wouldn't register to Hunger at this point.

As I have said before: however high you think the power ladder goes, it is Higher Than That

Because that's the sort of thing I expecting you to need to reduce Coeus to a 2-Pick fight.

Coeus is a single universe of psychic energy. Pretty sure he'd be the equivalent Rank 10 or so, even in his full form. I think an Armament could take him out, let alone a maxed out Emperor Red. It really wouldn't be a fight in the latter case.

Last edited:
Coeus is a single universe of psychic energy. Pretty sure he'd be the equivalent Rank 10 or so, even in his full form. I think an Armament could take him out, let alone a maxed out Emperor Red. It really wouldn't be a fight in the latter case.

Hm, I suppose that's the thing about being mostly restricted to the one planet. General power levels are lower. I was somehow under the impression that the one fragment Coeus chucked at Earth was a psychic universe's worth of energy.

The phrase 'single universe of psychic energy' really makes Coeus sound like a single-world Titan from EFB, which I'm sure has been mentioned before but which I feel compelled to reiterate.

I suppose this is a very mini reaction.
[ ] Fault-Defeating Stance / Meditation Of the Singular Pinnacle [0 picks, 28 Arete] - Aspect of he who surrendered, and was bound. Who more appropriate to contrive access to such power than the Imprisoner himself?

An Advancement of the Imprisoner Soul Evocation, and Stance of the Forebear's Blade. Requires Archmage. By committing to advance only one of Archmage's numerous domains for one sidereal year, the character experiences a rapid and transcendental improvement in the purview of their chosen focus. Even without taking any actions at all, a character within the Fault-Defeating Stance advances within their focus at a rate one hundred times that of the same character training diligently for every waking moment. Additionally, the character eliminates both external penalties and self-inflicted errors relevant to their utilization of the focus domain. However, they may not advance in the Archmage's other domains for that year, and other skills or abilities beyond its remit are unaffected.

For example, if Hunger were to activate the Fault-Defeating Stance selecting the domain of Space, he would advance his spatial manipulation at one hundred times its prior rate, including the effects of Progression, Ascendancy Halo, etc - even if he did not so much as lift a finger to perform actual training for the full duration of that year. He would still suffer the training malus imposed by the Ring Hunger, and additional training performed by him would only yield its ordinary results: if he employed the Fault-Defeating Stance and further trained Space all day without respite, he would advance at 101x rather than 100x his prior speed. Advancement from non-training sources is unaffected. He cannot make errors in employing the effects of the Space domain (re-roll natural 1s), and is impervious to penalties (poisons, magical or situational debuffs, etc) that would affect his use thereof.

He would be barred from advancing in the other domains of Archmage, and the advancement rate of his remaining capabilities would be unaffected.

Stance Mastery (Req. 25 Wisdom) - If employed in conjunction with the All-Defeating Stance: double the Attribute bonus from that Advancement, and the character may select two foci to experience the full benefits of this stance, instead. He may advance both those domains at the accelerated rate, but is still barred from advancing the remaining domains.

*Decent synergy in conjunction with Hunger's Gisena buff, which already established a baseline level of skill in every domain.
*Stance Mastery vastly expands the versatility of this Advancement.
*Very powerful during timeskips, but relatively weak during dense action.

well, we have the required wisdom I think, I only have one doubt: do we get to choose a new domain/two domains to train after that one year?

Because if we do, then this is INCREDIBLY powerful for timeskips, and we're just about to get a decent period of time without apocryphal procs, which likely means no big enemy, which means THIS IS THE PERFECT TIME FOR IT.

our domains are Time, Space, Life, Energy, Mind, Matter, Death, Spirit, Law, Chaos, Nature, Artifice, Union, and Essence

14 domains.

If we get to train them 2 at a time, that means that in a 7-years full cycle we train all of them for a 100 years equivalent, AND we also get a free +++++All Stats, which is always nice. It's definitely a very good way to get around the ring training debuff.

I get the feeling we should choose the pair of domains carefully. Maybe we could develop the opposite/complementary ones at the same time, see if there's some interesting synergy?

Time and Space

Life and Death

Law and Chaos

Nature and Artifice

Matter and Energy

Mind and Spirit

..Union and Essence I'm not sure actually fit the idea, but all the other ones do.

[ ] Gilded Cage [2 picks, 25 Arete] - Sequestration so exquisite that one never desires to leave. This, too, is imprisonment of a kind.

An Advancement of the Imprisoner Soul Evocation. The character may manifest sub-substructures within the Realm of Evening, wherein the already paradisaical opulence of his domain is magnified ten-thousandfold. This is a holistic augmentation that enhances all attributes of the Realm - from the invigorating essence of the air, to the quality of the victuals, to the direct multiplication of pleasure experienced by the inhabitants - that sums to a ten thousand-times amplification of the fortunate recipient's hedonic and qualitative experiences. Even the meaning attributed to said experiences is amplified.

Those imprisoned within the Gilded Cages will often go to any lengths to extend their stay, actively cooperating with their jailer in order to preserve the objectively happiest experience of their lives. With the already-deific splendor of the Realm elevated by several orders of magnitude... well, who would blame them?

Nor is the Cage an empty tool of mere bribery and indoctrination. The anagathic, restorative and augmentative effects of Realm-crafted cuisine are also multiplied, and their ultimate limits expanded, such that any lucky prisoner can experience a steady improvement in their Physical and Spiritual Attributes during their sentence, if their warden so desires.

The Imprisoner and up to five designees are free to enjoy Gilt amenities without the risk of addiction or alteration of their value structure. ++Mental Stability to such characters. +Might, +Agility, +Willpower, +Luck, +Wisdom for every week spent in a Cage, to maximum of ++++++++++++++++++++ to those Attributes. Those below Rank 10 receive +0.1 Rank as well, up to a maximum of +3.0 Rank. Those beyond the prime of their biological youth cease to age while within, and revert towards that prime at a rate of 25 years per week.

*From buffing subordinates to converting enemies to simply heightening one's well-deserved respite, the applications are truly limitless!
*The Gilded Cage cares not whether it is turned to means sinister or divine. Harmless doping tool or Machiavellian crucible of carrot-and-stick conditioning, it's merely the warden's prerogative!
..uh.

Ok, again assuming the timeskip we get +20 to might, agility, willpower, luck and wisdom in the equivalent of... just a bit less than 7 RoE procs.

We raise base rank in case our gifted rank is ever denied (for example, maybe Companion of the Kings might stop working once we leave this universe).

Hunger's BASE rank is actually lower than 10 too actually, even if Adorie automatically brings us up to 11.

Also eternal youth.

Also also one of the rare options offering mental stability, which is ALWAYS something we need.

my only question would be: do we get to train/continue our other projects while in this super-relaxing portion of the Realm, or do we actually have to relax to get the bonus?

By this I mean: Can Gisena continue to develop graces during those weeks, can Hunger face conjured challenges or learn how to manipulate the realm, can Adorie study her magic books...

[ ] Signature Compression Schema [3 picks, 28 Arete] - Vastness of might is preferable, but interesting times often demand simple concentration of power.

Requires Seal of Ruin, Exalted Battle Array, Apocryphal Armament. Signature Move; Novakhron may only possess five signature moves...

ah, the robot final attack. of course.

I'm immediately LESS interested, because as I always say I don't want to get in the robot.

Of course I'm also NOT seeing the full text, so I can't comment on this.

Presumably a final attack is more immediate power though, while the other options give long-term power gains, so I'm leaning towards them anyway now that we should finally get a timeskip with some rest time.

450 words

I'm immediately LESS interested, because as I always say I don't want to get in the robot.

Of course I'm also NOT seeing the full text, so I can't comment on this.
If you saw the whole thing I think you might like it. It made me a little more comfortable with keeping Nova at least.

Though I'll be voting Fault Defeating or Gilded Cage.

We can't take Nova with us when our task ends since it counts as a person, right? So spending anything on it seems like a waste.

Gilded Cage is pretty good actually. We have what, three weeks per proc? That's 0.3 Rank every month for free, up to 1.3 Rank or whatever. That's pretty brutal. We also get some Mental Stability and bunch of other stats.

Super training sounds nice, since we can then just train Praxis instead. I guess we want to start with Magic and Essence? Although Time and Space would be highly relevant for protecting the Human Sphere.

We can't take Nova with us when our task ends since it counts as a person, right? So spending anything on it seems like a waste.
Debatable on practical and philosophical levels. It synchronizes with one of our curses. It also doesn't count as a complete person metaphysically speaking. It was also treated as an artifact for fusion purposes, being able to fuse with Versch but not people.

If you saw the whole thing I think you might like it. It made me a little more comfortable with keeping Nova at least.

Though I'll be voting Fault Defeating or Gilded Cage.
maybe, maybe not. I suppose I'll have to wait until we get an offer for it, or I decide to pay for the access.

In the meantime, I'm honestly not sure which I like more between Fault Defeating and Gilded Cage.

I think I like Fault Defeating slightly more, and it's definitely the one that benefits the most from the timeskip... though it being 0 arete means we can take it quite literally whenever we have the arete for it, and GIlded cage would help us in MANY different ways, including making Gisena smarter for better grace research. Didn't she need to research a way to make the halo stable without the Azure actually?

good point, especially now that we're apparently at the point there's no more challenges in this universe.

we took Nova now because we wanted to make absolutely sure Dien couldn't overcome us, and the extra power allowed us to take a risk on Aobaru proc. I'd rather go with training Archmage now, and take advantage of RoE as much as possible.
Gilded Cage is pretty good actually. We have what, three weeks per proc? That's 0.3 Rank every month for free, up to 1.3 Rank or whatever. That's pretty brutal. We also get some Mental Stability and bunch of other stats.

Super training sounds nice, since we can then just train Praxis instead. I guess we want to start with Magic and Essence? Although Time and Space would be highly relevant for protecting the Human Sphere.
the point with the +3 rank is that it caps at 10, while Adorie gives US 11 (and our companions, indirectly, 10).

So it doesn't actually affect anything by itself, except giving us a backup in case we lose Adorie's rank bonus or we decide to try and go above her rank manually.

stats and mental stability are certainly very nice though, and other than training praxis we can also train our allies and help them with their projects (especially Adorie and Gisena, as they're basically locked in for the next geass world), and help preparing the universe for when we'll leave it so that everything won't fall apart instantly.

Time and Space are definitely something to consider, but Life and Death (for resurrection/extended lifespans to everyone in our empire) or Law and Chaos (which seems pretty useful to a RULER) might also be worth it.

I think I'd like to try a Close the fist fusion with everyone in the RoE and see if we can come up with some better ideas for things to do by taking advantage of all the abilities of our parties working synergistically in just one person. Adorie's rank and magical knowledge + Gisena's genius and graces + the kids' elements + Hunger's Archmage and control of the RoE... I can imagine the fusion ending, and our party finding a bunch of new artifacts and "how to" books in front of them :V

the point with the +3 rank is that it caps at 10, while Adorie gives US 11 (and our companions, indirectly, 10).

So it doesn't actually affect anything by itself, except giving us a backup in case we lose Adorie's rank bonus or we decide to try and go above her rank manually.
Not quite. Our mods(i.e. oaf) don't work with Adorie Rank. Hunger who got to Rank 10 base would have Rank 11 general(same as now) but also Rank 12 War. Likewise, SJUC is better the more base Rank we have. So with four months of Cage and 3 SJUC we'd have 11.75 Base Rank, or 13.75 War. Get SitS and that rises to 13.75 General and 15.75 War.

Not quite. Our mods(i.e. oaf) don't work with Adorie Rank. Hunger who got to Rank 10 base would have Rank 11 general(same as now) but also Rank 12 War. Likewise, SJUC is better the more base Rank we have. So with four months of Cage and 3 SJUC we'd have 11.75 Base Rank, or 13.75 War. Get SitS and that rises to 13.75 General and 15.75 War.
good point, I forgot about the war rank and I wasn't really thinking about SJUC anymore.

I don't know why, but I always disliked that EFB. must be the name, I suppose.

well, at least we know we won't take any "+ rank" feat from defeating Dien and/or Aobaru. they're obviously not worth it with the cage.

..actually, would our +rank modifiers work on the rank given by Gilded Cage? I imagine not, but I can always hope :V

Anyone remembers what was Adorie's rank before she became queen and put it to 10-11? I don't think she was >8, so she won't surpass her current one, but I'm, again, hoping against all hope.

Anyone remembers what was Adorie's rank before she became queen and put it to 10-11? I don't think she was >8, so she won't surpass her current one, but I'm, again, hoping against all hope.

Yeah, it was 7.5 or so. I don't think it would matter; any growth would cease after she exceeded Rank 10, so it wouldn't have surpassed the Oath of Winter regardless.

Last edited:
Back