They might not trust us with political but they'd still accept our help. I'm not sure how we would show off our combat strength without killing people? Especially siding with the princess we'd almost certainly be killing the tyrants men.

Then we use Skyveil and use a false identity. Heck we should use it right away if we're going martial. Best to not proclaim that Hunger is involved unless rank gains are at stake. If we choose political we can't do this as we would need to actually say who we are.

Last edited:
Then we use Skyveil and use a false identity. Heck we should use it right away if we're going martial. Best to not proclaim that Hunger is involved unless rank gains are at stake. If we choose political we can't do this as we would need to actually say who we are.
Why can't we do it with political? Nobody knows what we actually look like, hell we could even say we were king of some other place than the sovereignty, it's not like they have time to check our claims.

There won't be any blowback on the Elixir if we fail with Political Way since most of the stronger magic systems they have access to don't work when you cross the walls of myth.
Rihaku implied that those magic systems that are empowered here inside the Walls of Myth could still be strong enough compared to those found outside. Their issue of retaliating lies whether they will actually bother conquering outside what with the long distance between Nifel and Elixir Sovereignity.

An important thing to keep in mind is that if we find out either the Tyrant or Princess are evil or distasteful later and we want to switch sides it'll be much easier to do so if we go the Political Way rather than the Martial Way. People are generally more likely to accept your help if you haven't just murdered a bunch of their allies.
Who said that we are going to kill Royalist? They are already been sidelined and only exist in the fringe of society, that's why Compact of Kings is the harder path. The more likely jobs in Martial Way we will receive are helping in conquering other nations or killing monsters.

Which one would you prefer
Pillars for those sweet EFB unlock and discount advancements.

Who said that we are going to kill Royalist? They are already been sidelined and only exist in the fringe of society, that's why Compact of Kings is the harder path. The more likely jobs in Martial Way we will receive are helping in conquering other nations or killing monsters.
It sounds like if we side with Royalist's we'll be killing the tyrant's people and if we side with the tyrant we'll be invading neighboring nations which is hardly going to endear us to anyone.

Maybe. We have no way to be certain. Lying about our identity as a mercenary would be far safer than lying about being an envoy.
I mean if they have that kind of information gathering capacity and the Tyrant is competent why wouldn't he background check his mercs? I could see the Royalists not doing it because they're desperate but the Tyrant already has the upper hand.

Dispelling Hunger's disguise/peeking past Skyveil isn't the same thing as scrying him, I think, so it won't get Accursedstomped.
I was more surprised that they have the scrying capability to just search for places they've never been without any description. Although I guess if we gave a false description and their magic threw up errors or whatever that'd be suspicious in itself.

Last edited:
I don't see myself generating a lot of Arete over the next couple days to week (if I do, it's because it's going to be a lot of shitposting, not much quality until I can work through the burnout and other RL stuff), what's a good route to pick that isn't going to be super demanding on Arete gen?

I don't see myself generating a lot of Arete over the next couple days to week (if I do, it's because it's going to be a lot of shitposting, not much quality until I can work through the burnout and other RL stuff), what's a good route to pick that isn't going to be super demanding on Arete gen?

Within requires little work if we go through with it... but it also means we get back to killing shit and working for our next EFB faster sooo... pick whatever you want I guess? It'll all end up being around the same for Arete I think.

Anything that stays away from shiny magics, that'll be the big Arete hog. So probably siding with LP for a quick smashup and leaving?
By the way, why is Hunger shirtless? I mean sure, the Evening Sky can serve as well and he has superhuman Constitution, but why exactly he hasn't picked up one yet?
You can't put a shirt on that bod, that's sacrilege or something. /s

I'd say "they can't survive the fights," but accretion is cool about that kind of thing. Has he ever actually been described as shirtless day to day? Not that it matters, he can have as many or as few shirts as you want him to have in your internal narration.

Probably Work from Within since that's explicitly safer and allows us to get in and out relatively quickly with our goal while joining up with the Royalists would require us to outscale this realm. As for routes, both Political and Martial have relatively low Arete spending requirements, the former more than the latter due to decreased personal risk.

Hm, the least expensive route is probably Work From Within + Political? The former avoids entanglement in Nilfel. We do what we came here to do and leave as soon possible, without getting caught up in efforts to depose the Lord Protector and Hunger reprising his role as a revolutionary. It's easier, less danger means less pressure to generate Arete. Politics leans on our status for access; tricky, but not in a life-risking way. We might get a pick or two for challenges there, but less opportunities for Arete expenditure than the Martial or Esoteric Ways.

You can't put a shirt on that bod, that's sacrilege or something. /s

I'd say "they can't survive the fights," but accretion is cool about that kind of thing. Has he ever actually been described as shirtless day to day? Not that it matters, he can have as many or as few shirts as you want him to have in your internal narration.
Well pretty much every artwork shows him shirtless so I assumed so. Maybe it helps with Rank Fame gain.

By the way, why is Hunger shirtless? I mean sure, the Evening Sky can serve as well and he has superhuman Constitution, but why exactly he hasn't picked up one yet?
Priest and I just really like drawing him shirtless and will make any excuse to continue doing so, that's literally all it is lmao

(Also it forces me to git gud at drawing more muscle, which is a weakness of mine that I'm working on)

Same reason why we continually draw Seram with the same hoodie, even though in both of his quests it likely got rekt

shirtless hunger, fluffy hoodie seram, they're just very comfy to draw

Last edited:
Still selling my vote, currently voting for Pact. It's a close vote, could make the difference for Working from within 👀

Back