Remember we have an entire day to talk this out before we vote. Don't forget you will need to remove the X from previous votes if you change it so think and discuss first.

Goku is a freak of nature. Even Broly has noticed this.
Yeah. Broly has power, but Goku's even better at technique adaptation/theft. Remember, this is the kid who went from no ki attacks at all to mimicry of the Kamehameha from seeing it once -- he lacks the raw power that Broly has, but in purely educational terms he seems better still.

[] - Prepare a new level of Namekian subversion; Earth is far and away the undisputed king of recreation, and you can export that. You'll learn the ins and outs of everything fun you can, not just so you can Materialize them but so they can be easily replicated by others. More than them, the galaxy won't know what hit them.

Soooo tempting.... the Shiny....
[] - Become Goku's teacher; At this point Goku seems to fully understand that you know more than him about absolutely everything, and that he absolutely can't beat you. Despite this he's absolutely driven to do just that, and indulging him, given his interesting ability to make unexpected insights, could yield amazing results. Besides, you're sure your Lord would appreciate having another Saiyan underling when you get back, right?

Super Goku Shiny..... Must grab....
- - - [] - Ask about the beans you took.

SENSU BEAN

Yeah. Broly has power, but Goku's even better at technique adaptation/theft. Remember, this is the kid who went from no ki attacks at all to mimicry of the Kamehameha from seeing it once -- he lacks the raw power that Broly has, but in purely educational terms he seems better still.

True enough, though Brolly learned Time Stop (to a usable degree) with the same thing (seeing it once).

[x] - Investigate Godly matters; You've got an easy in with the one called Kami, and you still have questions about godly things. To ensure you're doing something worthwhile while your fellows are engaged in war, you'll______.
- - - [x] - Ask about the Supreme Kai of Time.

Seems like one of the more productive uses of Broly's time in the current situation, given his musings on how Cooler would feel about her partiality to him.

...Does Cooler have a way to cure brain damage?
Yes, he had to do it to Broly repeatedly until the knowledge upload actually stuck. Of course, you're assuming that Goku has brain damage, which he doesn't. He's been exposed to a dozen different kinds of healing magic that would have fixed it if he did and not one had any effect on his mind. There's nothing physically wrong with him, he just doesn't care enough to learn unless something interests him.

Last edited:
Yes, he had to do it to Broly repeatedly until the knowledge upload actually stuck. Of course, you're assuming that Goku has brain damage, which he doesn't. He's been exposed to a dozen different kinds of healing magic that would have fixed it if he did and not one had any effect on his mind. There's nothing physically wrong with him, he just doesn't care enough to learn unless something interests him.
I thought Goku was explicitly Brain Damaged? That was why he wasn't a typical murder happy saiyan wasn't it? He was literally dropped on his head as a baby? I distinctly remember that having some kind of pastel picture or flashback of some kind...

I thought Goku was explicitly Brain Damaged? That was why he wasn't a typical murder happy saiyan wasn't it? He was literally dropped on his head as a baby? I distinctly remember that having some kind of pastel picture or flashback of some kind...
People assume that yes, but again: Healing magic. Ranging from basic crap to senzu beans and all the way up to 'Dragon just built you a brand new perfectly undamaged body and stuck your soul in it'.

He was dropped on his head as a baby, which is why he forgot he was Kakarotto. People just assume that Goku's...Gokuness was because of braindamage. Remember Goku was Power Level 2 on Vegeta, which means he SHOULD be somewhere around 10-20 on Earth even as a kid. (Going by the Gravity though I don't think it works that way in this universe) and at power level 10, bullets STING when they hit the forehead.

He was dropped on his head as a baby, which is why he forgot he was Kakarotto. People just assume that Goku's...Gokuness was because of braindamage. Remember Goku was Power Level 2 on Vegeta, which means he SHOULD be somewhere around 10-20 on Earth even as a kid. (Going by the Gravity though I don't think it works that way in this universe) and at power level 10, bullets STING when they hit the forehead.
DBZ Abridged is at least partly canon, and iirc there it's pretty explicit that Goku is at least somewhat brain damaged.

Regarding powerlevel, more like he'd be PL 3 at most when he was dropped on his head.

DBZ Abridged is at least partly canon, and iirc there it's pretty explicit that Goku is at least somewhat brain damaged.

Regarding powerlevel, more like he'd be PL 3 at most when he was dropped on his head.

...yeah but if DBZA was cannon he was PL:2 on Planet Vegeta under its 10x gravity. I know he's PL:10 around the time Bulma meets him but still its liek "what?" Still you might be right.

...yeah but if DBZA was cannon he was PL:2 on Planet Vegeta under its 10x gravity. I know he's PL:10 around the time Bulma meets him but still its liek "what?" Still you might be right.
I don't believe gravity has an effect on PL, beyond making training possibly more effective and thus raising PL better. I mean, if you live on a high gravity planet and move to a low gravity planet, your PL shouldn't suddenly jump up is what I'm trying to say I guess.

So... We could try to get Lord Cooler to appoint us overseer of Earth or something like that.
Meh.

I don't believe gravity has an effect on PL, beyond making training possibly more effective and thus raising PL better. I mean, if you live on a high gravity planet and move to a low gravity planet, your PL shouldn't suddenly jump up is what I'm trying to say I guess.
Logically, you're right that the gravity difference would be more of a modifier on the same base PL.

Practically though... what's the difference between this, and the way PL can be visibly made to fluctuate based on how much weight(ed clothing) one is wearing?

Also, wasn't the only (specifically from) Toriyama official comment on Goku's base Power level that of ~50 at the start of Dragonball, and no birth reading?

Or am I misremembering.

Practically though... what's the difference between this, and the way PL can be visibly made to fluctuate based on how much weight(ed clothing) one is wearing?
I wasn't aware of this.
Also, wasn't the only (specifically from) Toriyama official comment on Goku's base Power level that of ~50 at the start of Dragonball, and no birth reading?

Or am I misremembering.
I don't know. But I do know DBZA gave a birth reading for Goku. EDIT: Which is somewhat explicitly where we were drawing the birth pl numbers from.

Last edited:
[X] - Become Goku's teacher; At this point Goku seems to fully understand that you know more than him about absolutely everything, and that he absolutely can't beat you. Despite this he's absolutely driven to do just that, and indulging him, given his interesting ability to make unexpected insights, could yield amazing results. Besides, you're sure your Lord would appreciate having another Saiyan underling when you get back, right?

[X] - Prepare a new level of Namekian subversion; Earth is far and away the undisputed king of recreation, and you can export that. You'll learn the ins and outs of everything fun you can, not just so you can Materialize them but so they can be easily replicated by others. More than them, the galaxy won't know what hit them.

Wait, I just went over the episode before this one, the one where we first met Goku. How does Goku know about Ozuru? IIRC from Dragonball he didn't find out about his Ozuru form, and how he killed Grandpa Gohan till much later. Or does he learn of it in the Fortune Teller Baba arc? Usually Goku lost his mind in his Ozuru form and forgot about it. Sorry its been a while since I watched original dragon-ball.
Bulma told him after she got back to Earth last time we saw her.
Not really? Iirc most votecounting programs only count the last vote.
While true, it keeps the thread and vote count clean for both hand-counts and my current NetTally, which counts all votes and not just the most recent (for some reason).

--------------

[] - Investigate Godly matters; You've got an easy in with the one called Kami, and you still have questions about godly things. To ensure you're doing something worthwhile while your fellows are engaged in war, you'll______.
- - - [] - Ask about the Supreme Kai of Time.
edit:
vote changed.

I imagine Lord Cooler would be very much appreciative (perhaps even Proud of Broly) if Broly were to establish reliable contact with the very being that Cooler was warned against pissing off by the West Kai.

Broly is going to take the movies with him back to Lord Cooler, so if Cooler wants to utilize all the neat stuff Earth has in order to better his agenda, we should leave that to him to decide. Especially since Broly just made note that Earth would need to stay out of the galactic eye entirely, or be firmly under Cooler's control, and sending out all the cool gadgets and movies and stuff from Earth is almost certain to draw attention to it.

Last edited:
...I'm thinking of putting Earth under Lord Cooler's control and then asking him if we can be the head overseer of it.

Would that even be possible or would the Kai's object?

...I'm thinking of putting Earth under Lord Cooler's control and then asking him if we can be the head overseer of it.

Would that even be possible or would the Kai's object?
Earth is in the North Galaxy, and the PTO is in the West. Frieza is the one the reigns over the northern-most portion of PTO territory, and would get first dibs on it if we expand that way. Also, the North Galactic King probably wouldn't be very pleased with us.

[X] - Become Goku's teacher; At this point Goku seems to fully understand that you know more than him about absolutely everything, and that he absolutely can't beat you. Despite this he's absolutely driven to do just that, and indulging him, given his interesting ability to make unexpected insights, could yield amazing results. Besides, you're sure your Lord would appreciate having another Saiyan underling when you get back, right?

picking this option as it opens up a decent way to recruit Raditz down the line, if we can get Nappa and Turles as well we can have an all Saiyan version of the Ginyu Force.

[x] - Investigate Godly matters; You've got an easy in with the one called Kami, and you still have questions about godly things. To ensure you're doing something worthwhile while your fellows are engaged in war, you'll______.
- - - [x] - Ask about the Supreme Kai of Time.

Back