So, I've read through the quest and.... Is anyone else bothered by Cooler still being our boss?

Sadly, Broly has been both brainwashed and treated just right by the galactic overlord.

It would take a truly dramatic chapter to tear Broly from his blind obedience.

The only thing I see that may compromise the bond between Broly and Cooler is Bulma.

Honestly, Broly is much to superior to take orders from Cooler.

As for Cooler... Why hasn't he usurped his family? I understand he has a certain fondness for his family... But by his nature as depicted in the dbz movies and the mentality of the cold family (Frieza refuses to revive his father) I'd expect that Cooler would've taken his place as head of the family at least.

He is 50x stronger than full form Frieza. Sure Frieza can train and attempt to take back his place; but isn't that what Broly's for?

Why all the subterfuge at this stage? What does he have to fear from Frieza and King Cold?

Chastisement?

Seriously, I'd think Cooler's ambitions ran deep. Even the most cautious of people would've made a move.

Sure, Whis and Beerus might notice the sudden shift in power; Unlikely that they'd care, but some ass kissing here and there and that's that.

I guess I just feel that the spring has been winded too much that If it isn't let go it'll break. (As in the believability of this story) what do you guys think?

I think the exact opposite of you...

Broly will NEVER break with Cooler, nor do we want him too
Cooler is genuinely loyal and wants his family to be cooler not to usurp and kill them
If Freeza is not dead he can train. And he is so much better at it than Cooler

Just because Broly's stronger doesn't mean he'll automatically try and break from Cooler. There's no reason for him to do so, and he's been indoctrinated to obey and worship Cooler for over a decade, with constant positive reinforcement.

Cooler could order Broly to kill Bulma and destroy the Earth and give no explanation for it ... and Broly'd do it with a smile on his face all the same. Bulma's no threat to Cooler regarding Broly's allegiance, not yet at the very least.

While we are on the topic of people being weaker peoples subordinates: Why is Coolers family still alive? He could have killed his annoying brother ages ago but he still spends a lot of efford on deciving them.

Cooler could order Broly to kill Bulma and destroy the Earth and give no explanation for it ... and Broly'd do it with a smile on his face all the same. Bulma's no threat to Cooler regarding Broly's allegiance, not yet at the very least.

Actually according to Broly even though he would do it he would feel bad about it, he'd still do it though.

Back