Your Avatar vs. the Last Video Game That You've Played

How would you do?

• Total voters
O-Oh dear, this is a bad one.

So, Elster is a 'Replika', an android, and also a survival horror protagonist. She is literally in-universe forbidden to run or carry more than six items. She can probably jump, but the game is played from a top-down perspective so it never really comes up.

...But if she can't, well. The last game I've played is Celeste, so-

Please don't remember your promise is at the top of a mountain, Elster. It won't help you.

(Conversely, Madeline, if you spot a red gate, turn away)

So, Elster is a 'Replika', an android, and also a survival horror protagonist. She is literally in-universe forbidden to run or carry more than six items.
Slight quibble: Elster can run in game tho.

It's best to walk, since it's less prone to waking up the gribblies (who do not necessarily die when killed). But she can run.

Anyway: Tactical Doll M16A1 in Dead Space 2.

M16 is moderately superhuman, having aiming skills you'd expect of an android and probably moderately resistent to gunfire. She has a pretty good chance of fighting off the necromorph outbreak on the Sprawl and making it to safety.

Last edited:
Anyway: Tactical Doll M16 in Dead Space 2.

M16 is moderately superhuman, having aiming skills you'd expect of an android and probably moderately resistent to gunfire. She has a pretty good chance of fighting off the necromorph outbreak on the Sprawl and making it to safety.
But would the Marker affect her?

But would the Marker affect her?
I'd say "yes," even though she's an android. It feels fitting that the eldritch Marker signal would also affect artificial intelligences. And Dolls are treated as very humanlike in any case.

That's not necessarily a death sentence, though. People can and do remain mostly cognizant in the presence of a Marker, as seen in the games. It seems to be prolonged exposure over days, or even weeks and months, that gets you scribbling alien symbols on the walls and chopping up your friends.

If M16 is on the Sprawl during the necromorph outbreak, she only needs to suffer the Marker's unpleasantness for a few hours until she finds some means of evacuation.

Slight quibble: Elster can run in game tho.

It's best to walk, since it's less prone to waking up the gribblies (who do not necessarily die when killed). But she can run.

IIRC there's a poster about it? Similar to the one about the Rule of Six. She does more of a 'faster, louder jog' than a full on sprint.

Though given the closed environments you probably wouldn't want to sprint around anyway, so it's kind of moot.

who do not necessarily die when killed
B-but people die when they are killed!

Muteba Gizenga in SCP: Secret Laboratory. This is a weird one, because his survival is partially dependant on what class he spawns as and what counts as "sight", considering that two of the game's biggest threats (096 and 173) depend on eye contact or the lack thereof. Other SCPs pose their own threats, but the first two are the ones to really watch out for. Nine-Tailed Fox Units would be dangerous, but not too much of an issue since he's got experience in the battlefield and could easily take out a reasonably sized squad if given an opening. He'd almost never be caught off guard and would probably escape with relative ease, but only if he can actually stop 173 with his implanted eyes. Otherwise, he'll need to depend on others around him for that, which could go wrong quite quickly. But otherwise, his experience as a mercenary and hand-to-hand combatant combined with low-tier superhuman feats and many examples of taking on squads of armed men head on make it a uniquely challening but still very doable mission for him. The biggest threats would be accidentally triggering something unstoppable like 096, getting caught by a grenade/tesla gate (unlikely, but slightly possible), or somehow getting caught in a corridor by a whole line of armed NTF or Chaos with no escape route or cover.

My avatar is my ridiculous mary sue self-insert OC I made as a joke; Spartak the Magnificent; so fae should clear SCP 5000 in under a minute.

So last game I played was Baldur's gate.

So with immense nuclear power would probably get through all the fights but probably also would get kicked out of the Prime Material since Utsuho does have the power of a sun god.

Last game I played was Muse Dash.

My avatar is an eldritch being so I either have this in the bag easily or I struggle embarrassingly in their Difficulty 11 modes.

Hmm. Two chess players in Captain of Industry. I guess they'd do alright? Really, it's strategy board game players effectively playing a strategy video game. Ought to go fine. If we posit that I am them, then definitely do fine (cause, you know, I'm doing fine playing the game in the first place). Generally, strategy games are probably easy mode for this thread, especially economic simulation ones.

Last game I played was Omori. In my mind Samus wins by taking Sunny into an Orphanage to be adopted by Kel/Hero's family.
Also get Sunny and Basil an excellent therapist.

Last edited:
At this point, I'm waiting to see when users with really overpowered avatars are just straight up outmatched.
Not too likely with some of us. Where am I gonna be playing a video game that can match a setting where "instantly annihilate an entire galaxy of inhabited worlds" isn't an act of some god, but a war crime from a conflict over intergalactic shipping lanes?

Vague cloaked guy that might be a rogue or assassin in Eldar Sign Omen, is likely going to be lucky to survive with their sanity intact I suspect.

Irenicus is a high level DnD Sorcerer.

Unfortunately, he'd be in Warframe.

And he's a raging dickhead.

I give it a few days before he has a backflipping high speed murderball turning him into a cloud of exotic particle effects.

Irenicus is a high level DnD Sorcerer.

Unfortunately, he'd be in Warframe.

And he's a raging dickhead.

I give it a few days before he has a backflipping high speed murderball turning him into a cloud of exotic particle effects.
More specifically tho, he's a high level BG2 wizard, which means the moment that a hostile thing gets too close it sets of that fucking time stop contingency that he normally uses to buff up, but now it lets him get out of the way and he one shots it with finger of death like he does everyone who isn't in the MC's party.

More specifically tho, he's a high level BG2 wizard, which means the moment that a hostile thing gets too close it sets of that fucking time stop contingency that he normally uses to buff up, but now it lets him get out of the way and he one shots it with finger of death like he does everyone who isn't in the MC's party.
Unfortunately for him, Tenno don't die when they are killed. Otherwise I would agree.

Scary little buggers have four lives a mission and come in 4-man killteams.

And he doesn't have 16 Finger of Death spell slots.

Back