Warrior from Afar: A Warhammer Fantasy Quest (Warhammer/Megaverse Crossover)

Awkward Introductions: Part 2
[] All of The Above, GM Edition

A thousand thoughts and possible questions flash through your head for the elf before you but in the end, you decide to start small.

"So then my friend. I have a few questions to ask of you."
"And I shall be more than happy to answer them provided you answer mine in return."
"Of course, my elven friend, that goes without saying," you say with a nod in reply to your host. " Alright then, first question; what was with your reaction to my statement about being a dragon? Are there not dragons like myself here?"
"None that I have ever seen ...there are rumors...though unconfirmed of a certain land far to the east where serpentine dragons capable of wielding magic lie. In most places, by and large, dragons including the ones here in Ulthuan are winged beasts; many are capable of speech, but besides their breath weapons they are utterly incapable of wielding the winds of magic."
"There are dragons here?" you say eyes widening.
"Indeed there are. Many of which fight alongside us even now. Some as independent fighters and others as loyal mounts, in fact, a cousin of mine is one such rider." The elf says puffing up with pride.
"Might explain that familiar sound and feeling I sensed before on the way here. Can't say I exactly approve of my kind being used as mounts...but as long as they're not being forced I guess it's none of my business of what you folks do here...which is where exactly?"
"Why Ulthuan of course! The great motherland of all elves upon this world of Malus! Rivaled only in splendor by the great Karak's of our Dawi allies."

He says speaking his voice tinged with a mixture of barely restrained haughtiness and just a touch of incredulity at your looks of confusion. At your continued lack of recognition, you see his look of incredulity drop a touch before he walks over to a desk covered in various scrolls and parchments. Retrieving one he proceeds to unroll it showing what appears to be a map of some sort.

"Hm, I'd almost say Earth had another makeover while I was gone...but no. There are still too many differences to account for. Still, the resemblance is almost uncanny."
"What does dirt have to do with anything?"
"What...? Oh, wait I see...stupid translation magic. "No, "Earth," you say momentarily deactivating your spell to avoid confusion "is the name of my homeworld. They named the element after the world it comes from."
"I'm sorry homeworld? Are you saying..."
"That I'm an alien to your world? Yep. I'm from a totally different world. One that is also dealing with its own brand of demonic nonsense. Speaking of which what's up with all...this?" You say gesturing in the direction of the carnage outside "Some would-be demon lord trying to conquer the world or did some power-mad idiot accidentally summon up more than he could handle?"

"I can assure you" he begins anger cutting through the shock that dawned on his face at your revelation "no Elf or Dawi..."
"Yeah Dawi, who are they exactly?" you say interrupting before he can get started, the anger draining out as quickly as it came.

"Eh short stocky folk, really good at forging metal, like to live in mountains and drink alcohol."
"With very impressive beards and big on oaths of honor?"
"Indeed."
"Ah, now I get it! We have those back home to, though we call them "dwarfs". Anyways continue."
"Thank you. As I was saying, no Elf or Dawi (assuming they could even cast spells) I know of would ever be so stupid to summon up such monstrosities. I'm afraid these incursions have been a recurring problem ever since the gods left us in the days long before my time. Admittedly the invasions were much worse in the past, but even now with the great maelstrom at the center of Ulthuan draining some of the hellish energies from this world, these monstrosities continue to be an issue. Damn them and the dark so-called gods of chaos these living blasphemies worship!" He says slamming his hand in renewed anger upon the table, causing it to shake.

"Maelstrom huh?" you begin slowly trying to distract him from his anger. "That explains that ultra bright power source I was sensing. I might just take a look at that once I'm done here...which reminds me. What exactly is so special about this spot? I saw some kind of banner out there on that building. What is this some kind of temple or something?"
"A shrine actually. To the trickster god Loec. He who fills us with mirth and music and laughter when the times are peaceful and who in these dark times uses his cunning to rescue our souls from the grasp of these damned fiends."
"Rescue...so these demons are here to settle a personal grudge. Makes sense from what I know of demons. They do always tend to hold grudges for a while. So then, now that we've dealt with those weird crab-woman-man-things for the moment what's the plan? "
"My plan is to send a messenger back to the capitol to ask what is going on with the rest of the land. Depending on the response I get back I shall act accordingly. Hopefully, things are going well and I can return to my estate. You are welcome to come to visit it when the time comes."

"Actually..."

[] "I think I'll take you up on that offer."
[] "I'd like to see this capital if you don't mind. May I go with the messenger?"
[] "I want to go check out that maelstrom you spoke of. "
[] "I think I want to try and find those dragons I sensed before"
[] "I think I'd like to be introduced to some of these Dawi you mentioned. Might you know where to find some?"
[] "I have a few more questions first before I decide on anything." Write-in what you'd like to ask.
[] Some other action, write in what.

QM note: remember this is all before the war of the beard so the elves and dwarfs are still on good terms with each other.

Last edited:
... I ...

Will vote more later. I need to do some research.

Well, vote at all. I'm refraining for now.

Awkward introductions: Final
[] "I think I want to try and find those dragons I sensed before"
——————-

Your host nods at your words.

"Very well sir. I respect your choice. I do hope in time though that you will take me up on my offer. In the meantime I will send word to our other forces so they don't mistake you for an enemy."
"Much thanks!"

You stand to leave but before you can exist the tent you find yourself blocked by another elf. At your confused glance he kneels and presents a large box to you. Turning back to glance at your host you see him motion to open it and so you do.

Inside are some coins, a finely woven scarf, a drinking horn with what you suspect is some sort of wine and lastly some slices of meat carefully wrapped in parchment paper.

"A reward I assume?"
"Indeed."
"Much obliged" you say before closing the box and taking it with you.

It does not take you long to find your mount, something partially due to the fact of all the elves standing around and gawking at the techno-wizardry construct. At the sound of your bemused chuckle one of the elves turns to you and upon seeing you he whispers to the other elves and they scatter.

Now alone with your mount you proceed to attach your spoils to its back with the aid of one of the bungie cords you kept stowed away for occasions like this. If being an adventurer has thought you anything it's always be prepared to carry off the spoils of war!

With that secured you hop on your mount and take the reins. Once more the runes light up and you commence your ascent into the sky.

You order your mount to pause for a moment while you get your bearings. You feel your magic flow to behind your eyes and before you slowly begin to scan the sky.

Ah there they are!

Not wanting to waste anymore time you order your mount to double time it and soon after you and your mount are flying through the air like a rocket.

Nearing where you sensed your quarry you look about and take in the scene before you:

Roll: 26
Number of Enemies Roll: 3

Gods above it never ends! First daemons and now...well also another daemon but now they've got friends!

This time instead of a hermaphroditic monstrosity you find a multicolored bird of some sort which is dueling some of your kin in the air while a pair of some kind of giant crabs are wrecking a fleet of what you assume are elven ships. One of the ships is already sinking and one of the crabs is heading toward the struggling sailors. Another crab is heading toward another ship where you can sense a build of magic happening.

Where do you go first?

[] protect the magic caster
[] help your dragon kin
[] save the sailors

How do you approach this?

[] write-in

Last edited:
Hmm I'm leaning towards helping the sailors but protecting the mage could be more important. I figure that dragons are tough enough to keep till either of those are done.

[X] protect the magic caster

If they disrupt the ritual, all is tits
E: can't find character sheet to plan with

...ok what the hell? I've been waiting for votes to come for days so I could prepare the update and today I go to check and find out I never received any notification people had voted. The fuck? Anyway vote closed. Protect the magic caster wins.

Can't a dragon go five minutes without dealing with demonic bullshit?
[] protect the magic caster

You know your kind, you know they can handle themselves against this overgrown peacock which just leaves two possible choices.

Emotionally you feel for the sailors and want to rush to their aid...

Mentally however you know by looking on the forming matrix of what is clearly a spell of exorcism that the most important person to protect is the magic caster.

With a heavy heart and cursing the powers that be all the while you make your choice and dive...

Kentubor known by many of his kin as "the powerful" cursed his luck for the hundredth time. Fearful of certain malign celestial portents the Pheonix King had insisted on Kentubor leading an expedition to lands to the east to enlist the aids of their Dawi allies in dealing with this mess only for it to be revealed to be a trick by the ruinous powers. And so here he was, nearly within sight of land only for another demon to come waltzing along with horde of giant marine life and start sinking their ships! Good news most of the giant crabs were dead and he had nearly finished the spell to banish the demon...

Roll: 4

Bad news was one of them was right on top of him!

Desperately dropping the half formed spell he tries to dodge...

Roll: 19

Only for the thing to grab by the leg and throw him like a rag doll in into mast, snapping it like a twig along with his arm.

Roll: 59

Gritting his teeth Kentubor fought through the pain and began to channel the wind of life to heal his wounds quickly the wounds began to mend together...but not fast enough for his taste...

Roll 90 + 5 surprise attack + 5 (strength enhancing tattoo) = 100, artificial Critical success!

And then before his surprised eyes the crab's head imploded as a massive scaled elbow attached to a huge serpentine beast collided with the great crab's carapace. Dumb struck the elf could only stare blankly as the scaly head turned to regard him barely even registering the gurgling death cries of its opponents.

"The words you are looking for little elf are thank you." The scaled beast remarked to you with a surprisingly mortal expression of smugness. "Now if you don't mind could you please be so kind as to get back to the fancy spell weaving you were up to?"

Part of him wanted to say something snide back at the great beast's flippant attitude...

Roll: 50...

In the end though practicality ultimately won out and feeling his arm at last finish mending he once more got back to work. Meanwhile the great lizard turned to regard the sea again...

Awareness Roll: 28 + (5) magic sight= 33, fail!

However it was a moment too late as another enormous pincer reached up from the briny deep to grab your new allies tale and drag him beneath the waves. Apparently the second great arthropod had turned its attention from the sailors on the other ship when it heard its...mate? Sibling? Ally? or whatever let out its gurgling death cry and had snuck up on the great lizard.

Roll: 52

Concerned but knowing the importance of what he was doing the elf focused on the task before him and slowly the matrix began to form.

Roll: 92, success!

On the plus side the beasts sudden change in targets had allowed the remains sailors on the other ship to get their bearings and begin to fish their fellows out of the sea.

Roll: 62, success!

And as it turns out the elf needn't have worried for just a moment later with a sudden burst of light and hair raising static the great sea beast from before was suddenly sent airborne by some sort of magic lightning and the elf's new acquaintance began to drag himself free from the wet embrace of the briny deep.

Now no longer distracted the elf was able to put his full metaphorical and metaphysical weight behind the spell...

Roll: 98

and at last the final bit of power clicked into place. Turning the elf looked airborne and finding the demonic mastermind behind this whole debacle distracted by the brother dragons Sear-fang and Ember-tooth the elf took aim and fired

Roll: 31 + (9 dark gift of foresight) = 40, fail

Almost comically the elf saw the demon's eyes widen as it caught sight of the incoming magical projectile and realizing its closeness and lack of time to weave a counter spell attempted to dodge it...

Roll: 27 + (9 dark gift of foresight) - 5 (very little time) = 31, failure!

For a moment the elf almost thought his opponent was going to dodge it as he saw the beasts mind work frantically to come up with a way out of this mess. Even if there was one though there was too little time for the daemon to put it into place. A moment later the spell collided with its target and with the shrieking of a thousand damned souls the daemons form began to collapse in upon itself before it finally vanished in a puff of rainbow colored smoke.

Relief crashed over the elf like a tidal wave. Almost unconsciously Kentubor turned his head in the direction away from the spot where the demon once stood...

[] And found a strange elf staring back at him where once stood the great scaled beast from before.
[] And found a scaly shape flying over towards the other previously floundering ship
[] And found Sear-Fang and Ember-seemingly engrossed in conversation with a now hovering serpentine shape.

[X] And found a scaly shape flying over towards the other previously floundering ship

Lets get the people out first, then we can chat with the other dragons.

[X] And found a scaly shape flying over towards the other previously floundering ship
Almost comically the elf saw the demon's eyes widen as it caught sight of the incoming magical projectile and realizing its closeness and lack of time to weave a counter spell attempted to dodge it...

Roll: 27 + (9 dark gift of foresight) - 5 (very little time) = 31, failure!

For a moment the elf almost thought his opponent was going to dodge it as he saw the beasts mind work frantically to come up with a way out of this mess. Even if there was one though there was too little time for the daemon to put it into place. A moment later the spell collided with its target and with the shrieking of a thousand damned souls the daemons form began to collapse in upon itself before it finally vanished in a puff of rainbow colored smoke.
"Not as planned! Not as planned!"

Right so vote is closed and the going to the floundering ship option has won.

I must apologize for the lack of updates. A combination of restarting my YouTube channel and attempting to write my first real rpg book has delayed me. Hopefully I will be able to come back to this sometime soon, but no promises.

Back