Warrior from Afar: A Warhammer Fantasy Quest (Warhammer/Megaverse Crossover)

[X] Try and cut the daemons off
-[X] In your true Form
You expected a lot of things as you brought your blade around and rend yet more of the limbs from this abomination before you...it moaning in apparent ecstacy though...well that was new even to you.

Yah this is too fucking weird, magical particle beam to the face time!

*PZZZZZT*

Thank you.

Purification!

[X] Try and cut the daemons off
-[X] In your true Form

We've already shown our true form! Why stop now?

Also, Zrayz: Congrats on (yet again) daring to humanize WarHammer's (40k and F) Eldritch Abominations. Somehow, I was... not expecting this.

Also, Zrayz: Congrats on (yet again) daring to humanize WarHammer's (40k and F) Eldritch Abominations. Somehow, I was... not expecting this.

I mean daemons are derived from mortal beings and their emotions. Logic would state that something about their respective mindsets should therefor be in common. Even the C'tan to a lesser extent should share something with mortals due to their bodies having Necrontyr supercomputer brains with all their species knowledge in their heads. Information is rarely not shaded by the biases of those who record it. Just look at all the self-justifying social Darwinist literature of the late 19th and early 20th century.

Out with the old, in with the new: final
[] Try and cut the daemons off
-[] In your true Form

Eh, you've already shown your true form, why bother switching now?

So with that decided you once more activate your flight spell and just for good measure you also activate your speed tattoo.

Roll: 93 +10 magic + 10 (tattoo)! = 113, crit!

In short order, you have already managed to surge ahead of the fleeing monsters. You turn to face them and relish the moment as you watch the previously graceful sauntering forms of the hermaphrodite monstrosities suddenly skid to a halt and collide with each other.

They look at you their appearances first going from confused, to seductive than to fear once more as you continue to stare at them without the slightest hint that their weird aura or musk is having any effect on you at all.

And then...

"BOO!"

Roll: 89 +12 (killed their boss) = 101, crit!

You watch in uproarious amusement as the daemons once more panic and try to flee

Roll: 4 + 12 (blessing of excess) = 16, failure!

Only to run headfirst into a horde of pissed off elves.

Roll: 42 + 12 (blessing of excess) = 54

Who you find are actually seeming to have a bit of trouble with dealing with the crab, demon, women...things. Maybe its exhaustion on the part of the defenders, maybe it's whatever the demonic equivalent of an adrenaline response finally kicking in from fear to give the beasties an edge but whatever it is the elves seem to be struggling in the wake of it.

Well, two can play at that game!

Roll: 41 + 10 (magic adrenaline rush) +10 (super strength tattoo) = 63!

Your claws lash out shredding demons in your wake, heads are bitten off your opponents while others get the experience what a dragon tail bitch slap feels like when your opponent really wants to hurt you.

Roll: 51

Slowly inch by inch the enemy begins to be encircled and crushed between you and the elves.

Once more they try to make a break for it...

Roll: 34 + 12 (blessings of excess) = 46, fail!

But it's too little too late and a few minutes later it's all over as the last of the demons is finally run through by the stab of an elegant blade wielded by an elf. For a moment a look of profound relief and happiness is etched on his face...

Then he looks back up and spots your scaly visage and promptly proceeds to tense up again, something which also soon happens throughout all the rest of the elves before you.

Right then, what to say and/or do to get them to calm down?

Write-in []

Awkward introductions
One minute ticks away then two as you and the elves share nervous glances unsure of how to proceed.

'Aw screw it.' You think to yourself before you will the magic to shape itself to the desired effect. In a flash it is done and you find yourself standing before the elves in a form that should hopefully resemble them enough to calm them down.

"Hi there"

Roll: 6 + 10 (elven form) + 12 (helped kill the demons) = 28, need 40, failure!

Perhaps you should have shown a bit more finesse because before you can say another word you find an arrow heading for you!

Roll: 68 + 10 (tattoo) = 78, need 55, success!

You don't know if its the hand of fate or if the local gods decided to help you out but whatever the case it is only by the skin of your teeth that you manage to avoid the bolt heading for your head.

The silence that follows is such that your fairly certain you could hear a pin drop halfway across the island.

"...is that really the smartest action to take after you saw me vaporize a giant demon's head?" you say the slightest hint of anger bleeding into his voice as the dregs of adrenaline leftover from the battle once more flare to the surface at the perceived danger.

It is a tense moment, each side looking at the other for the slightest twitch that might indicate attack.

Roll: 65 - 5(anxiety) - 5 (fear) +10 (he saved our asses) = 65, need 45! Success!

"STAND DOWN! Isha's tears have you lost your damn minds?!"

Before the situation can escalate further a voice cuts the tension like a knife. You turn to its source to find an elf, his appearance somewhat marred by the soul deep exhaustion that comes by continuous combat but still possessing of an unearthly elegance forcing his way through the crowd to stand before you. At his verbal castigation of them you see the other elves shrink back in what you can only assume is embarrassment. You have to admit some part of you is more than a touch pleased at the sight of this. This feeling is only amplified when the elf chewing them out turns and gives you a slight bow.

"My sincerest thanks and my most heartfelt apologies for your treatment sir. I am Bel-Odyes of the Silver Helms a protector of this land of Ulthuan"
"Apologies accepted sir Bel-Odyes though I must sadly admit that neither your order nor your land's name ring any bells of recognition in my mind. You may call me John Fitzroy...it is not my true draconic name but given the nature of our mutual enemies I'd rather such dangerous information be spoken aloud."

Gasps could be heard as the information sinks in to the minds of those present.

"You mean...that form from before is not merely a transformation you've assumed?"
"Nope. I am 100% a Chiang-Ku dragon from my whiskers to the tip of my tail."
"Chiang-Ku?"
"Maybe we should sit down someplace more comfortable and talk this out....this might take a while."
"Very well. My quarters are just over there." He says gesturing in the direction of the temple.

You start to walk only to pause.

"Forgive me but I just remembered I forgot something. A moment if you please."
"Of course"

The words have barely left his lips when you bring your fingers to your lips and give a whistle. From the skies descends your mount which you quickly mount to the gasps of surprise and wonder from the present elves.

"Lead the way"

Some time later you find yourself in a large tent sitting across a table from your host on a simple but by no means uncomfortable chair of wood and velvet lined cushions, whilst your mount waits just outside.

[] Write in what you want to talk about

Last edited:
So...what do we say? I don't have a clue.

Examples: talk about your respective backstories, where am I exactly, any clue what's up with the demons, why were you surprised i was a dragon do you not have dragons like me here, what's so important about this building your defending, what's with that ridiculously bright source of magic I could sense? Etc. or I could just have him ask all of the above.

Last edited:
[X] All of The Above, GM Edition

Yeah we don't know enough about where we are or who they are to do much more than meet and greet. Once we know a bit more IC about them we can work out some sort of deal, maybe some kind of will fight for food and shinys thing.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Life does not get better than this. Giant dragon saying "Boo" to WH daemons... and it working? AND the elves attacked their savior, unsuccessfully?

If we represented a civilization in a more official capacity, we'd have them eating out of our hands. As it is, we have them eating out of our hands... well, claws.

Let's keep them as pets! Although, I suppose the sheer amounts of BS they can produce would make it hard to find a sitter when we want to travel...

Back