However the fight ends you know the rumor mill will go a flying about Freddy fighting the highest authority of Myrmidia in the Empire, and people coming to expect it.:p

I can see some religious arguments flying about a blessed of Sigmar fighting a blessed of Myrmidia since cults do conflict when it comes to how to wage war. Zealous zeal vs strict strategy.

However the fight ends you know the rumor mill will go a flying about Freddy fighting the highest authority of Myrmidia in the Empire, and people coming to expect it.:p

I can see some religious arguments flying about a blessed of Sigmar fighting a blessed of Myrmidia since cults do conflict when it comes to how to wage war. Zealous zeal vs strict strategy.
On the other hand, we are also known as the fightiest elector count this side of middenheim and we famously have all and every religion we can get our grubby little hands on in our domain. We might just be seen as expanding on that, as we have done with almost everyone else.

Maybe insert a rumor about how he did it to teaching the cult not to go off on crusades that just inconveniences people. :V

Hey, so I finally caught up reading after like half a year, and I have to ask, totally unrelated to anything else: Is lager invented yet in-universe? The Empire roughly corresponds to Germany in terms of climate and geography, I'm assuming, so if it no-one's tried the requisite "brewing beer in frigid caves in the middle of winter" trick yet, it seems like we have an untapped financial opportunity here.

Plus, imagine Bugman's Lager!

Wonder what Big Magnus will think about this.

Hey, so I finally caught up reading after like half a year, and I have to ask, totally unrelated to anything else: Is lager invented yet in-universe? The Empire roughly corresponds to Germany in terms of climate and geography, I'm assuming, so if it no-one's tried the requisite "brewing beer in frigid caves in the middle of winter" trick yet, it seems like we have an untapped financial opportunity here.

I'm going to tag @torroar on this, just in case he has any input to give.

I think the dwarfs would have Lager, they do live in mountains and cold areas and are known for their excellence in brewing.

I think the dwarfs would have Lager, they do live in mountains and cold areas and are known for their excellence in brewing.

In hindsight, it does make sense for at least some Dwarven brews to actually be lagers. I'm just not sure if the term for any beer other than ale has come up yet. TBH, that might be a Games Workshop problem if it hasn't been invented in the WHFB setting: It's a low-fantasy setting clearly inspired by old-school Dungeons and Dragons and the medieval to early Renaissance periods in general, long before lager was invented (Wikipedia places the earliest evidence of lager at 1860-1870), and combined with the blatant allegories to British politics, I doubt that GW really cared about what specific style of beers the dwarves brew as much as they were concerned about facilitating massive tabletop battles.

Overanalyzing things for divergent histories is our job. :V

Last edited:
I'm still interested in trying to acquire some Eonir alcoholic beverages, one way to break and gain another avenue as the capital of alcohol. Hopefully we get something in the future as an option.

I'm still interested in trying to acquire some Eonir alcoholic beverages, one way to break and gain another avenue as the capital of alcohol. Hopefully we get something in the future as an option.
I imagine it is very similar to High Elf wine, if just regionally different due to location and culture.

Freddy did suck down on that magical berry wine, but I am certain that isn't commercially available so likely have more mundane is still amazing other types of drink.

I imagine it is very similar to High Elf wine, if just regionally different due to location and culture.

Freddy did suck down on that magical berry wine, but I am certain that isn't commercially available so likely have more mundane is still amazing other types of drink.

That's kind of why I want to push for Eonir wine, Marienburg prob has a chokehold on the Asur stuff since they got a trade pact. Best we can get is Sapphry (I forgot what's the name of the Highelf that we rented the waypoint is, sorry.) wine.

But with Eonir, that's a loophole (Since they're not Asur-affliated)and also an exotic wine that not many knows about. So we definitely can cash in onto that while not violating the trade pact, put more pressure/competition, and the bonus of laughing at Marienburg.

Marienburg prob has a chokehold on the Asur stuff since they got a trade pact.
It's worth mentioning that said chokehold may be violently broken (along with a good chunk of Marienburg) next year if that Otto fellow decides to show that he has more balls than brains. Nevertheless it's still a good idea to start getting access to Eonir goods.

Last edited:
Feel like renting out the arcane fulcrum would get real awkward if the high elves decided to sack Marienburg, no matter how justified. Probably not a lot of trade happening in the aftermath of that anyway.

Though maybe cooler heads might prevail even if Otto pulls his idiotic stunt now that Freddy has released a bunch of butterflies into the canon.

Like I want to burn that hive of scum and villainy down just as much as the next guy, but I don't think Freddy would be copacetic about such an attack on the Empire.

Last edited:
Idea, Freddy in the order to promote inter cult relations opens up a religious fighting ring where everyone is welcome to come in and fight out their grievances with jade wizards on standby to heal them and bugman to nourish them. :V

Back