Transhumanity's Fate (Eclipse Phase, Fate RPG System)

I have never gotten an IRC client to work, and I've tried half the downloads and maybe a half dozen apps. And your timezone is just at the end of mine now Easter is over, so being on at the same time would be a stretch.

I have never gotten an IRC client to work, and I've tried half the downloads and maybe a half dozen apps. And your timezone is just at the end of mine now Easter is over, so being on at the same time would be a stretch.

Well, I'm online now, if that helps, and I provided a Mibbit link that should be helpful.

But more than IRC time, any discussion at all would be good. Between you, @IronWolf, and @samdamandias we have a good set of adventures, crossovers can happen, and I'd like to get an IC thread up...very soon. @Scia may or may not have something up soon as well, and @Kensai whenever they're feeling better, but...I'd rather not delay much more than we already have, you know?

If you don't know what to do, or want suggestions, please feel free to solicit ideas, advice, or whatever from all of us.

I'm really just struggling to find a decent second cross over. I've only got Samdamandias left as a fully realised character, and his first adventure isn't something I can find away to poke my character into... No, that's a lie. I can't find a way to have both meet and have both survive the encounter. The only reason they'd cross paths is if the corp they whistle blew on hired her to Ego hunt him. I just am stumped for other ideas. On the flip side, I can probably have my concept done in a few.

I'm really just struggling to find a decent second cross over. I've only got Samdamandias left as a fully realised character, and his first adventure isn't something I can find away to poke my character into... No, that's a lie. I can't find a way to have both meet and have both survive the encounter. The only reason they'd cross paths is if the corp they whistle blew on hired her to Ego hunt him. I just am stumped for other ideas. On the flip side, I can probably have my concept done in a few.

That's probably a bad sign for at least one of you. Conflict is good, instant, unresolvable lethal conflict is not. @samdamandias, some help here clarifying? It probably makes sense for your adventure to be more detailed anyway.

In any case, there's no reason you need to meet in a professional capacity in the first place. Maybe you have a mutual friend. Maybe you travel in similar quasi-legal circles; you have the same fixer, or hang out in the same shady bar. Maybe you tagged along to help him avoid death. Or maybe you know each other professionally, but obliquely. Maybe you both stumbled into a situation for different reasons. Maybe you're one of his sources, in exchange for information and access. Maybe you use him as a way of flushing out your prey. There are some option here.

Oh, and can you clarify what the crossover with @Iron Wolf was?

Existing characters and crossovers for A Generation, Lost:

@Estro :

Character concept: Lonely lost sweeper/writer.
The idea is a Lost who desperately wants to find someone like her, someone else who knows what life is infected by the W/ML Virus. She escaped onto Mars and found that the skills the project gave her allowed her to become a Sweeper far too easily. In-between jobs she writes books, her wishes made writ.
Background: Lost
Faction: Mercurial, in the way that the first sentence describes it. She has no interest in trying to be "human", the Lost and the Asyncs should go there own path. Lovely parallel with the uplits and AGIs: Made by humanity, in the image of humanity and raised to try and become as human as possible, yet still not of humanity.
Motivations/Memes: Writing the truth, It's a very lonely world, Cognite must know more.
Lost'y part:I was later told that the transition between the Simulspace and reality was to be smooth, planned out as it was. That was, of course, before the whistleblowing and media attention forced the early closure of the project. How it actually happened was something else. Just hanging around with my friends, doing a bit of target practice, and then I was floating in a healing vat, with a Dr. MacLeod pulling me out of the white gel. There were... six or eight of us in his group and I was one of the last ones he took out. The room we were in had... Hundreds, thousands, all lined up and yet he only chose our group. I only recognised two people in there, one guy from my geography class and another who lived maybe six doors down. He talked with amazing confidence, even as we were escaping and guards tried to stop him and us from escaping. He must have been either an Async or a quite able psychosurgeon, as he just told the guards to hand over their weapons and they did. The, with no delay, he shot both of them in the head, calmly ripped out their cortical stacks and proceeded on. Nothing too shocking, I'd seen similar events in the simluspace's alleys and dark corners, but the complete lack of reaction on his part.... It was unfathomable with how our minders always fussed about behaving and kindness and all that... We would be taken to a small shuttle by him, before he grinned at us and said the last sentence before I left Phobos.. I'll never forget it, not willingly at least.
"The technical term for what you can do is the Watts-MacLeod virus, and for that you can thank me."
First Adventure:Mars is not a nice place to live if you're Lost. When the story of the escapees broke, billions of credits were spent on Ego hunters. Evading ego hunters, especially Direct Action hunters, when they have detailed psychoanalysis of you is a rather difficult task. I needed to get off the Red Rock. I gathered a few like minded people, and we went Ego Hunting. Ego Hunting is an odd job. No qualifications are needed, and the right targets were... Well, to use a cliché... No Questions asked. Of course, those people are typically the hardest to kill. So, a plan was made. The target was the leader of a Barsoomian group that opposed the PC, while the contractor failed to identify themselves (OOC: It begins with O and rhymes with Blight). We went in, lightly armed but with extensive usage of what another non Lost Async called "Slights". We came out four fewer, but with a bloody Stack clutched in a victorious fist. Waiting for us were Ego hunters. It was a slaughter, Plasmaburst mines and Assault Rail rounds killing us, the barsoomians, everyone left right and centre. I got out only by the non existent skin of my teeth (bloody stupid phrase) by grabbing a Buggy and getting the fuck out. The Contractor seemed surprised that we managed to get the stack to him, but he paid us anyway. The increased Credits from not having to divide it so many ways has let me buy my way onto a ship bound for Venus instead of Ego Casting. Finally of this fucking dust ball and into somewhere else. Fuck Cognite. Fuck them.

Still need: crossover #1 in summary form (with Iron Wolf, IIRC), Crossover #2.

@samdamandias :

Skuli (Lost)
Character concept: Hacker-Blogger
Background: Corvid Uplift.
Faction: A blending of Anarchist and Argonaut.
Motivations: +Education, +Open Source, +Religion. (The religion is probably some blending of several religions, including Kopimi) Information must be free. Even if it's dangerous. In fact, especially if it's dangerous.

Fall Phase: The Fall was swift. The Fall was brutal. And through that short time, Skuli was there, fighting with the most powerful weapon she knew: Information. Which places are safe. What egocasting stations were still up. The plight of the infugees as they flooded the databanks of mars.

First Adventure: It wasn't like those plans were secret-secret especially since they were based off of an open source design. But turns out that some people really don't like muckrakers.

Still missing: both crossovers. Also, I'd highly recommend being more specific about that second adventure.

@Iron Wolf :

Name: Darshan Wu aka Subject C1970
Character Concept: Async Empath
Background: Lost
Faction: Hypercorp [Security]/Brinker [Lost]
Motivation: +Stay Low Profile, +Techno-Progressivism. +Async Registration/Containment
Description: Darshan Wu wants to help people. However, as an Async and member of the Lost, people generally speaking don't want to help him.
Escape Phase: Life in the virtual reality was clear, clean. Life in the real world is blood and murder. Darshan awoke to a full-scale riot, murder writ large. People in white suits slashed up, body parts floating in zero-G. A front-row seat to murder. And worst of all, he could feel what they both were thinking -- the terror of the victim and the joy/satisfaction/cold calculation of their killers. Somehow, he found a shuttle. Somehow, he got away, dropping blood-spattered clothes into space. Somehow, he made himself a new life, even as the visions grew more terrifying. All he knew is he needed to keep people safe from the type of evil he saw during his escape from Cognite -- and maybe, get some answers on how they allowed it to develop.

First Adventure: Darshan has learned to pass off his strange abilities as quirks and a special talent for crime scene investigation. In reality, he can read the thoughts of others and vividly recreate crime scenes in his head. Still, he can't let his talents go to waste when there's bad guys to be caught, including some of his own kin. At the same time, he can't let what those bastards at Cognite did to him go, and if they're continuing to do that to others, they need to be stopped. He remains suspicious of other asyncs, and thinks that maybe one day, they should be registered or contained. This stems from watching the horror of the Lost's escape and the horrors many of them have inflicted -- and a lingering worry that under it all, he might not be so different.

Still missing: both crossovers!

@Kensai and @Scia places reserved.

And with that she jumped backwards over the balcony, and started falling towards the red Venusian clouds. ((Spindles are fun, and let you do stuff like diving off aerostats to get away from people))
Another Aysnc, another disappearance into the mist. Literally, in this case. Tracking an Async down is less a matter of looking for them and looking for people affected by them -- the vague unease that everyone with Watts-Macleod instills in others. It's a tedious, tiresome process that more often than not leads you to a junkie or pervert rather than anyone of actual interest. Anyone that can lead you back to those responsible for making you. Because you were manufactured, not born.

Still, this one is willing to cooperate. And if Darshan could track down this other Async blogger, well then... look out Cognite.
Crossover Aspect: A Good Async Is Hard to Find
(I might reword this, but the basic idea is that Darshan's good at tracking people, Asyncs in particular, but you know, distrusts them)

It occurs to me to bring this merry band of aysncs together I might need to adjust Darshan a bit that he only or automatically trusts Asyncs and/or The Lost. So that he's pretty invested in keeping the group together.

Also yeah @samdamandias a little detail would help me cross-over. :D

SPEAKING OF!
First Adventure: No guns, no crazy adventures, nobody after him. Just two weeks in a simple room with ample food, water, and time. Time enough to put what he learned into practice, and pray to non-existent gods when he hit compile on that mass of spaghetti code made from his own delta forks.
I think this would be a good crossover adventure for Alex to find her way into. The Normie teaming up or crossing paths with the Exhuman-ish guy is pretty amusing.

Last edited:
Also yeah @samdamandias a little detail would help me cross-over. :D

I think this would be a good crossover adventure for Alex to find her way into. The Normie teaming up or crossing paths with the Exhuman-ish guy is pretty amusing.

I kind of think that maybe the first adventure should be...I don't know, something happening. You can hit compile on your brain between adventures, you know? It's not like it restricts your aspects.

I kind of think that maybe the first adventure should be...I don't know, something happening. You can hit compile on your brain between adventures, you know? It's not like it restricts your aspects.
I figure Alex would step into the story either before or after... or keeping with the old "altered memories" disadvantage (trait?) from EP, maybe she had him help remove some sort of programming/block?

Got my high and Trouble done.

High Concept: Killer for fun and profit
Trouble: My bio starts with Lost.
She is remarkably open about being a member of the Futara project. This, as you can imagine, gets her in more than a little trouble.

Okay, so my travel schedule has made it a bit more difficult to get to posting than I thought. I'm not sure when the IC thread will be up, but I will post it as soon as is feasible.

Still missing: both crossovers. Also, I'd highly recommend being more specific about that second adventure.
I do apologize, but I can't really see a good way to work Skuli into the lost game.

As for Jiran's first adventure, I had pictured it as a "Journey to the Center of the Mind" sort of thing, sort of a moment of intense self-discovery, and while that works well as a storytelling device, you're right that it doesn't leave much detail to cross over.

@Iron Wolf since Psychosurgery is based off one's Medicine score, this means that Jiran is decent at patching people up. I could see them meeting semi-frequently if Jiran has worked a side-job as a medic to finance his hobby, and Alex got injured. Or we could go with the suggestion of knowing some of the same people, maybe we got hired to run a 'simple' job together.

Crossing Over, Part II: The bar was small, cramped, like most everything else on Luna. Down at one end of the bar was a Corvid, quietly nursing a drink. Sat next to him was a woman, who was currently spinning an ampoule full of white powder in her hands.

"Hey, Skuli. Have you ever been to Venus?"

The corvid turned to look at her, before returning to her drink.

"Who's asking?"

"A ticket on a hypers ship there. You see, you're a very wanted man, Skuli. The bounty on you is almost enough that some talent might be interested. And its getting higher. Thankfully for you, some of their competition would rather you stay alive. It's politics and business, all rolled into one."
The ampoule stopped spinning, and she grinned.
"I'll get paid either way. So, what say you?"

Okay I made a thing!

Admittedly I kind of dropped the ball there; I went on vacation and I expected I would have a lot more time free (and energy!) than I did. Also, it turns out going to four cities exposes you to all of the germs from all of those cities so I got kind of sick.

(I got to see two space shuttles, though, so totally worth it.)

In any case, I posted an IC thing, I'm checking back in here to see (1) who is still in this, interested, and able (2) if there's any questions (which I will answer tomorrow because holy fuck do I need some sleep).

So. Is this still a thing? I've got a post from Estro (danke) but no response from anyone else.

If yes, the next step here is to do skills, in either a broad or deep focus. Broad focus has 1 Great (+4) Skill, 2 Good (+3) Skills, 4 Fair (+2) Skills, and 7 Average (+1) Skills. Deep focus has 2 Great (+4) Skill, 2 Good (+3) Skills, 3 Fair (+2) Skills, and 5 Average (+1) Skills. The skill list starts on page 30 of the PDF (available on page one of this thread).

We just moved, still living in boxes and had to deep clean the old apartment before returning the keys to the landlord. Still have to do tax returns, and unpack, and the baby is due soon...

I am currently debating how hard it would be to hide a futura morph by making it look like a exalt,even after changing face partially to evade the issue of it already being on file.
Considering the issue with being recognisable as a Lost in one of them and all that without being able to change it.

I am currently debating how hard it would be to hide a futura morph by making it look like a exalt,even after changing face partially to evade the issue of it already being on file.
Considering the issue with being recognisable as a Lost in one of them and all that without being able to change it.
A futura is just a modified exalt. Says so in the bio like section. Sure, they may have some unique markers, but it shouldn't be that hard. And if they were that easy to track, cognite would have got them all already.

My skills, as they stand.

Shoot (+4), Will (+4), Athletics (+3), Decive (+3), Fight (+2), Cover (+2), Investigate (+2), Infiltrate (+1), Notice (+1), Survival (+1), Provoke (+1), Program (+1).

Also, struggling to find a photo of her.

And still a name. Honestly, at this point I might keep her nameless.

Currently wirting up why the Telepatic vetenarian is here, with the basic idea that one of her uplift contacts was responsible for her getting a job there for a moment which she took because of the twin demons of money and getting to interact with more exotic animals.

Going DEEP FOCUS

He's squishy guys so try not to get into firefights :V

Great (+4) Kinesics Deceive      
Good (+3) Rapport Medicine      
Fair (+2) Will Somatics Investigate    
Average (+1) X-Risks Athletics Infosec Cover Shoot
I might flop Medicine or Rapport with Investigate, depending on how some of the skill trees on other the other PCs turn out. If it turns out we need a heavy I'm sure I can find a way to shoehorn Alex Brown into this (not really).

Last edited:
Going DEEP FOCUS

He's squishy guys so try not to get into firefights :V

Great (+4) Kinesics Deceive      
Good (+3) Rapport Medicine      
Fair (+2) Will Somatics Investigate    
Average (+1) X-Risks Athletics Infosec Cover Shoot
I might flop Medicine or Rapport with Investigate, depending on how some of the skill trees on other the other PCs turn out. If it turns out we need a heavy I'm sure I can find a way to shoehorn Alex Brown into this (not really).
>Don't get into firefights
>Has a lost who is a sociopathic sadist
I'll try?

Also, I have best killy skills, so my character can protect yours! Kinda. If she feels like it. Your lost though, so that should count in your favour.
I have investigation as well, at a decent level so it might be good. Opposite reasons for having it: To find murderers vs finding people to murder.

Back