Transfictional Isekai Chatroom [OOC, Recruiting]

Name: Ash
Isekai Category: Nameless Reincarnator
P-value: 2
Race: Human
Current World: Warhammer Fantasy

Ash was once a worthless schlub living in his parents basement. One day, he choked on a piece of candy and died. Thereafter, he was offered a reincarnation, which he took. He is very glad he isn't in Worm.

@Funky_Alien is this good?

@Gideon Nutus

If you can move last post down below mine I would be very thankful and it would help me make a new replies for your post quickly

I want to participate in this roleplay, and to prepare everything I need answers to some questions.

Questions to Funky_Alien:
  • 1. Do you (the GM) mind that my setting (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) is modified? I didn't removed or fundamentally modified much things, to be clear.
  • 2. Why did some characters start with six digits of contribution points (100_000 or 200_000)? Is start CP amount a rule or rather a recommendation?
  • 3. Can I make posts with larger-than-usual amounts of text (probably around 1.5 - 2 screens of 16px text)?
  • 4. Suppose an item is moved to world with incompatible physics and still works as intended. If there exists need to decide in which way item still works, who decides it? Does GM, item sender or receiver decide it?
  • 5. Can I receive training from hell Edge-of-Tomorrow-style before acquiring access to the chatroom?
    How to price it, if I will receive skills of typical experienced stalker (Zone-explorer, that is)?
  • 6. Can I move between worlds without using the Adventure Board? E.g. by cooperating with other character to build pair of teleporters.
  • 7. Will it be not too annoying if I give information about parts of setting before people/characters ask for it?
    Will it be fine if I give links to wikis or setting description document for players (and not characters) to understand what is going on on my side?

Also some questions to everyone:
  • 8. I don't want my character to grow too powerful for this world (too fast, at least). Can you suggest some way to limit item/skill transfer by in-universe means?
  • 9. Some parts of narrative are awkward to be written as in-universe posts. For example, recalling of events after isekaing but before connecting to the chatroom. What is the best way to tell about such events in a way that allows reader characters to know about it?
    To be clear, a possible way I don't want to take is to describe events, then place a separator, then write in-universe post and assume that other characters someway will know about these events.

• 1. Do you (the GM) mind that my setting (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) is modified? I didn't removed or fundamentally modified much things, to be clear.
  • 2. Why did some characters start with six digits of contribution points (100_000 or 200_000)? Is start CP amount a rule or rather a recommendation?
  • 3. Can I make posts with larger-than-usual amounts of text (probably around 1.5 - 2 screens of 16px text)?
  • 4. Suppose an item is moved to world with incompatible physics and still works as intended. If there exists need to decide in which way item still works, who decides it? Does GM, item sender or receiver decide it?
  • 5. Can I receive training from hell Edge-of-Tomorrow-style before acquiring access to the chatroom?
    How to price it, if I will receive skills of typical experienced stalker (Zone-explorer, that is)?
  • 6. Can I move between worlds without using the Adventure Board? E.g. by cooperating with other character to build pair of teleporters.
  • 7. Will it be not too annoying if I give information about parts of setting before people/characters ask for it?
    Will it be fine if I give links to wikis or setting description document for players (and not characters) to understand what is going on on my side?

Also some questions to everyone:
  • 8. I don't want my character to grow too powerful for this world (too fast, at least). Can you suggest some way to limit item/skill transfer by in-universe means?
  • 9. Some parts of narrative are awkward to be written as in-universe posts. For example, recalling of events after isekaing but before connecting to the chatroom. What is the best way to tell about such events in a way that allows reader characters to know about it?
    To be clear, a possible way I don't want to take is to describe events, then place a separator, then write in-universe post and assume that other characters someway will know about these events.
1. Depend on the changes, if it to fills the world or minor enough to accommodate your plot then it should be fine. Better be waiting for alien though.
2. Kowtangs are veteran forumites and gifting points are normal. Prolly some senior generously gifting points. Don't think too hard about it.
3. Go wild. Weirder things happened.
4. It works as intended, usually by sender. Though it's not rare Sponsor (player) often meddling with things. Whether outright ban the trade or nerf the items. The bottom pine is, if traded by others, it mustn't turned maliciously. Be a good sport.
5. You could just self insert as generic stalker.
6. Do you have a ROB level justification for it to work?
7. Could always do it if you want, hyperlink is a thing. Or just tell us in discord
8. Ooc ask us not to send a thing, or just be the usual strict sponsor.
9. Create a spoiler story post. Justify it as video sent by sponsors.

Hoo boy, this is a big one-- oop, sniped by Yla. Let's see.

1. Yes, modifications to the original setting are fine, so long as they are not completely overhauling the world yet. The limit is more of a trust-based system, so when I and the other players know you better you could be allowed more.
2. Most of those cases are due to the fact that the characters are backed by their 'seniors', AKA previous characters from the same player, and were thus given a leg up. So as Ylamona said.
3. I doubt anyone would have issues with bigger pixel sizes. Odd request, to be sure, but I personally find nothing wrong there.
4. Usually items or powers brought out-of-context are backed by the Chatroom's admins to work as they originally would regardless of situation. Just talk to us if you're unsure.
5. Ylamona's option is the most viable, really. Your character could wake up in the body of a Stalker, or if you want a more self-insert-like start you could finagle an "alternate version" of you that is a Stalker in that world... But that's complicated. 3 am ramblings right here.
6. As Yla said, if you can justify doing something that normally requires a ROB to do, then we'll hear it out. Though do be aware, it IS possible for characters to just visit each other via forum functions. Not too used, but it's there.
7. Nothing to add here. Links and Discord are your friends.
8. Again, just talk to us if you wanna avoid things.
9. I did what Yla described a few times, might be the way to go for you too.

Yeah, I don't think there's much else for me to say here. I hope this all helps, and welcome to the Chatroom.

Lemme try

Oliver Cortado
Appearance

TP-3
R-5
S-4

Cheats are inspired by those from Wacraft 3, CounterStrike and GTA San Andreas (none of the insta-win, kill all enemies bs)

Wanna go to a sitcom place or a drug novella like El Dragon

Welcome to the rp, Nerx, there's just a few details I wanted to hash out first. Firstly, is your character a transmigrator, ROB victim, or what else? I'm gonna assume that the "TP" (did you mean T?), R and S are to calculate the price of the cheats you're purchasing, correct?
ah, that clarifies things

I just plan this character to be on lower end of the power pole, and will be a RoB victim type

Does a player just write their story posts as they go, or is it a case of taking turns or going back and forth between the player and a GM/narrator in terms of writing posts?

ah, that clarifies things

I just plan this character to be on lower end of the power pole, and will be a RoB victim type
I see. In that case your character would start with either 10K CP or the Starter Pack.
The [Starter Pack] consists of 4 things:
  • An inventory ring with 100 cubic meters of storage
  • A tier 1 version of the special item 'Paper Trail'
  • A special item 'Diaboros Blocker' with no tier limitation
  • A Weapon of choice (Made to be usable without any kind of maintenance, and comes with infinite ammo for projectile-based weaponry)
If you choose the CP, I can help you calculate the cost for what you wanted. If you want to do it yourself, though, the formula was here:
The formula of the item price is as follows: (R×10P)+d(10P) with
  • R being how difficult it would be for your character to obtain the item as a native of the setting
  • D is a roll of the die, the number of faces being 10P
  • P is how powerful the item is

Does a player just write their story posts as they go, or is it a case of taking turns or going back and forth between the player and a GM/narrator in terms of writing posts?
We prefer to alternate between players, allowing people to have their own chance to post and reply to others. There's no 'rotation schedule' or anything though, just try to avoid double-posting and we're gucci.

Personally I, the GM, have taken a step back from the RP section for a variety of reasons.

I see. In that case your character would start with either 10K CP or the Starter Pack.
Thanks

The [Starter Pack] consists of 4 things:
  • An inventory ring with 100 cubic meters of storage
  • A tier 1 version of the special item 'Paper Trail'
  • A special item 'Diaboros Blocker' with no tier limitation
  • A Weapon of choice (Made to be usable without any kind of maintenance, and comes with infinite ammo for projectile-based weaponry)

Is there an ability or an item to help acquire something close to an aimbot and aim dodging?

how does one do missions?
Just think of one and do it. Pick a world, pick a mission and write it out. Unless your mission is mindnumbingly boring resource gathering one, make sure to at least drop a post about it.

Honestly, think of this RP as a Hero BBS freeform one if it helps? Or one of those PHO section in Worm

Just think of one and do it. Pick a world, pick a mission and write it out. Unless your mission is mindnumbingly boring resource gathering one, make sure to at least drop a post about it.

Honestly, think of this RP as a Hero BBS freeform one if it helps? Or one of those PHO section in Worm

I guess the world I am going to go to will be that of Rocky

The mission is to make sure that Apollo Creed lives and gets to raise his son Adonis so both of them can have a healthy relationship without family issues

Back