Threadmarks - Pagination

Previous the threadmark list of all threadmarks had a batch loader triggered off a "..." line, this has been replaced with pagination, which via operates via ajax and updates browsing history. Clicking the "threadmark" link will open the threadmark list on the relevant page and should be less surpassing than the chunked loader design.

Implementing pagination in the overlay view or with tabs via threadmark category was quite complicated due to how XenForo structures UI elements but this has been worked around.

The chunked loader design is still used for the embedded view of the recent threadmark list.

Is there a way to make the new interface as efficient when accessing the most recent, and therefore usually most relevant, threadmarks as it used to be? My SV browsing just got less convenient and I'm wondering if I overlooked something in how this is meant to work.

To clarify, the shift to pagination has effectively added a click (or a click and a scroll, in the mobile interface) to accessing the latest threadmarks when looking at them from the forum; from a forum page where I could previously click the "Words: XXk" link under a thread name for the threadmark list, scroll to the bottom, and see all the most recent threadmarks without leaving the page and open a new tab for any I wanted, now I have to click that link, scroll to the bottom, click the last page, in the mobile interface probably scroll back up since the page lengths on the threadmark popup don't line up, and then see the most recent threadmarks. This roughly doubles time requirements to check for relevant thread activity; it still doesn't take a lot of time but it's a notably less streamlined experience.

Something like allowing defaulting to having the last page shown by default instead of page 1 would fix this entirely, or failing that something like putting page navigation at the top as well as bottom or adding a button to view threadmarks in reverse order (most recent first) would make browsing faster and easier.

Last edited:
@DarkLight140 that is a good highlight of a regression.

What I'll probably do is make it pick the first page with unread threadmarks as that will allow "new" content to still show the default page. This will capture threads which haven't been read and threads you are in the middle of reading/wanting to catch up to the latest.

It will require a day-or-two to schedule working on this.

2024-04-07 - Unread pagination update
  • Threadmarks link from the thread list now links dynamically based on unread status.
    • If no threadmarks are read in that category, then the first page is shown
    • If all threadmarks are read in that category, then the last page is shown
    • Otherwise link to the page with the firs unread threadmark

Last edited:
  • A page navigation has been added to the top of the threadmark list
  • New filtering feature to filter threadmarks by some text
  • Users can now set the threadmarks per page via a new dropdown on the threadmarks page.
    • Values of 25/50/100/200 are selectable
The new threadmark UI has very ugly empty spaces from the new feature.

There is a massive dark bar of wasted space at the top where the new prefix menu has been added. It looks very bad, since the colour makes the empty space stand out very strongly.

Additionally, there is also a random empty space at the bottom of the threadmark section with the same dark colour that wasn't there before this addition, and as far as I can tell serves no purpose.

For comparison, this is what the threadmark section used to look like:

While I'm on the topic, the text in the Threadmark dropdown menu is misaligned, leaving more empty space under the text than above it:

The wonky alignment, along with the colour being starkly different draws the eyes to it and it does not look very good.

Back